What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Jalen Reagor, NE (2 Viewers)

If I am the Eagles coach, I am drawing up a lot of plays to get Miles, Goedert and Reagor the ball. That is the future of this offense and it's explosive. 
Agreed. Still have Ertz who is no slouch either. Hopefully the line plays better with Johnson back. 

Jalen Reagor caught 4-of-4 targets for 41 yards in the Eagles' Week 2 loss to the Rams. 

Reagor's snaps also kicked up to 61 after last week's 46. The Eagles' passing attack is all out of rhythm, but Reagor is on the right trajectory. Injuries are mounting and bye weeks will soon start creating roster crunches, but Reagor should be kept around as a "wait-and-see" WR5. 

Sep 20, 2020, 7:12 PM ET

Eagles WR Jalen Reagor played 85 percent of the team's offensive snaps in Week 2 against the Rams, the highest rate among Eagles wideouts. 

DeSean Jackson was second with a 77 percent snap rate, while J.J. Arcega-Whiteside played 16 percent. Reagor ran 61 routes against the Rams, 15 more than what he ran in Week 1 against Washington. Sustained playing time could eventually lead to production for the rookie deep threat. His fantasy output will likely be uneven based on his downfield usage. 

RELATED: 

DeSean Jackson

SOURCE: Andrew DiCecco on Twitter 

Sep 21, 2020, 9:17 AM ET

it's all trending the right way, just need the targets to pickup. it's too bad the rest of the team outside of sanders looks like a dumpster fire

Ugh Yahoo still lists him as "Doubtful" so I can't use an IR slot. Have any other leagues updated his status? Is there a way to "suggest" a status change to Yahoo? 

To my understanding, he has not yet been placed on IR.  I can't find it, but I swore I saw something yesterday that said there is an outside chance he returns sooner than later.

Just curious as he has obviously been dropped in a lot of places.

To my understanding, he has not yet been placed on IR.  I can't find it, but I swore I saw something yesterday that said there is an outside chance he returns sooner than later.

Just curious as he has obviously been dropped in a lot of places.
Just did a search and I dont see anything about the Eagles putting Reagor on IR yet. Some of the reports say he needs surgery on the thumb but I didnt see anything about if he had surgery or not yet.

Most recent stuff I found on him was him getting upset with Eagles fans for calling him a bust already. Rough crowd.

Eagles placed WR Jalen Reagor (thumb) on injured reserve.

This doesn't change much, as Reagor was given a 6-8 week timetable after he had surgery to repair a torn UCL in his thumb. Reagor is eligible to return in Week 7 but could be held out through the Eagles' Week 9 bye. Reagor's injury should accelerate Alshon Jeffery's (foot) return to the lineup.

Is week 9 a likely target return date as mentioned in the (old) Roto note above?  There are yards to be had in this offense and some very prime second half of the season matchups.

I found this note curious from CBS most recent update in late September.  While week 7 seems like a stretch, maybe this puts him on track for week 9 with some certainty?

September 30, 2020 10:17 AM ET

Eagles' Jalen Reagor: Heads to IR

The Eagles placed Reagor (thumb) on injured reserve Wednesday, Tim McManus of ESPN.com reports.

Given that Reagor underwent surgery six days ago to repair a torn UCL in his right thumb, the Eagles' decision to delay his move to IR is a curious one. In any case, McManus relays that Reagor is doing well in his rehab, seemingly putting the rookie wideout on track for the three-week minimum stint on IR. The Eagles expect him to return to the lineup for their Week 7 game against the Giants on Oct. 22.

Buck Bradcanon said:
Is week 9 a likely target return date as mentioned in the (old) Roto note above?  There are yards to be had in this offense and some very prime second half of the season matchups.
Got my timeline off somehow.. week 9 is a bye. 

Just picked him up on waivers.  Guessing week 10 return after the bye and anything earlier would just be gravy.

Small sample size but there is still room on that offense for sure and he had a lot of buzz around him early on.

Eagles’ Dallas Goedert, Jalen Reagor eligible to return from injured reserve in Week 7 | What it could mean for roster

Excerpts:

Following the Eagles' loss against the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday, Goedert and Reagor are eligible to return to the lineup. The Eagles can activate their 21-day practice windows as of Monday.

That said, as the Eagles showed with both wide receiver Quez Watkins and safety Will Parks, just because a player is eligible to return doesn’t mean they actually will immediately. Watkins had his practice window activated immediately but he was forced to wait two weeks before making his debut. Alternatively, Parks was eligible to return in Week 4 but didn’t have his practice window activated until Week 6. Parks returned to the active roster on Saturday.

Goedert’s ankle fracture could take more time to heal. Or, the Eagles could decide to ease him into practice for a week or two before bringing him back to action.

The same could be said for Reagor, who underwent surgery on his thumb in Week 3. With a short week heading into the Thursday Night Football matchup with the Giants, it’s likely that the Eagles take their time with both injured players.

Reagor’s eligibility is also noteworthy. This year’s first-round pick provides a downfield threat that the offense has lacked with him and DeSean Jackson (hamstring) sidelined for the past month. While Travis Fulgham and fifth-round rookie John Hightower have emerged in the duo’s absence, the Eagles would obviously like to see their top pick back in the lineup.

When Reagor returns to the lineup, the Eagles will have some difficult decisions to make at the position. Reagor’s return would give the Eagles eight active wide receivers on the 53-man roster. The Eagles would likely cut at least one wide receiver to make room for Reagor, who should take priority over the majority of the depth chart.

That could mean that the Eagles move on from former second-round pick J.J. Arcega-Whiteside or sixth-round rookie Quez Watkins. Reagor would be an upgrade over either player, but cutting ties with a young draft pick could present other problems in the developmental department. That said, the emergence of Fulgham and Hightower should soften that blow for the organization.

John Clark

⁦‪@JClarkNBCS⁩

Some good injury news today

I’m told cast is off Jalen Reagor’s thumb 👍🏼and he is catching balls

He is ahead of schedule

Original timeline was he would hopefully return after the bye week November 15. We will see pic.twitter.com/iAtDTKY6oF

Eagles WR Jalen Reagor (thumb) was activated from injured reserve. 

In September, Reagor was given a 6-8 week timetable after he had surgery to repair a torn UCL in his thumb. He could still be held out through the team's Week 9 bye week. The emergence of Travis Fulgham -- and to a much lesser extent, John Hightower -- could complicate matters for Reagor upon his return. Reagor should be rostered in deeper leagues with multiple flex spots. 
:football:

CBS..

Eagles' Jalen Reagor: Practice window officially opens

(1 hr ago) The Eagles designated Reagor (thumb) for return from injured reserve Monday.

Reagor will be eligible to resume practicing without counting against the 53-man roster Monday, kicking off a 21-day window for evaluation. The Eagles can officially add him to the active roster at any time during that span, so the rookie first-round pick could be trending toward availability for Sunday night's upcoming contest against the Cowboys. Reagor has missed the last five games while recovering from a UCL tear in his thumb.

Alex Johnson

⁦‪@a_johnsonFF⁩

Jalen Reagor is coming back and is in line for a huge second half breakout

Eagles' upcoming schedule:

Cowboys
Giants
Browns
Seahawks
Packers
Saints
Cardinals
Cowboys

10/26/20, 1:29 PM

So is he practicing now? Playing against Dallas? Heard he is off IR
May not get full answer until Sunday but should start getting some clues today with practice reports.

I am starting him due to injuries, byes etc if he plays.  Talent is there, Wentz has garbage to throw to behind Fulgham esp with Ertz and Goedert out, and the matchup vs Dallas is as prime as it gets.

Let's go.

John Clark

⁦‪@JClarkNBCS⁩

I’m told so far so good for Jalen Reagor trying to return Sunday night vs Cowboys 👍🏼

I’m told he has looked great in practice and his thumb feels good and if there’s no setbacks, needs to be cleared by doctor Thursday 👍🏼 pic.twitter.com/2J1yysoq7h

He's still on IR. DJax went into IR though so there is an open spot in the active roster, which I'm sure they are hoping to fill with Reagor before Sunday. Everything moving in the right direction on both of these moves, DJax out, Reagor in!

Jalen Reagor Fantasy Outlook: Waiver Wire Must-Stash, Upside to Approach Rookie Odell

Summary: Sprint to Waiver Wire for Jalen Reagor

Despite the tough breaks to begin his career, Reagor is a do-it-all WR who’s landed in the perfect situation to, well, do-it-all.

A litany of injuries around Reagor should lead to massive target shares upon insertion. Wentz is stepping up. The schedule is softer than my dad bod.

Could Reagor go down in flames? Absolutely. But he also defines the type of upside we use the end of our bench for. Plus, Reagor is back in practice, and reportedly “on track for Sunday.”

Under the bright Sunday Night Lights versus the Cowboys, a rookie star WR is born, and outshines the rest of a historic class. We saw how this identical narrative played out in 2014. Time is an endless loop, and history could indeed repeat itself, only his Name. Is. Reagor.

Get ahead now. Hell, even consider him for a Bye Week flex fill-in should he play.

In a season where rookie WRs are exploding unlike ever before, all the stars align for the next massive breakout, Wolves. Don’t miss this one.

Eagles WR Jalen Reagor (thumb) will play Sunday night against the Cowboys. 

Reagor came off injured reserve three days ago -- a surprise considering he was given a 6-8 week timetable to recover from thumb surgery. The emergence of Travis Fulgham complicates matters a bit for Reagor, though the injury to DeSean Jackson will open up snaps for the rookie right away. Reagor will be a WR4 option against the Cowboys. 

RELATED: 

Travis Fulgham

SOURCE: Geoff Mosher on Twitter 

Oct 29, 2020, 4:35 PM ET

Anyone here starting Reagor Sunday night? Over who? I’d love to not start Scotty Miller so Reagor may be getting the nod. 
Starting him in the flex over Lamb and Kupp. Like the primetime divisional matchup, and Reagor is chomping at the bits to show off what he can do. Wentz has come to life, and no Ashlon or DeSean makes the decision easier.

Risky, but Dallas D is a walking disaster and I'm just a sucker for upside.

Last edited by a moderator:
osubuckeyeman said:
It's a huge upside call for sure.  A rookie coming off an injury and not active for a month.  I can see a couple deep shot targets against the Dallas defense. You can see how your team is doing after the 1:00 games if you need high upside you can pivot to Reagor.
Your avatar bugs me 

Not playing him over Diontae. And honestly I'm surprised at some of the names being pushed aside to make room for Reagor. 

Best of luck. Fortune favors the bold!

I’m sitting him for Scotty Miller. I want to play him, but I just can’t do it his first game back.

Users who are viewing this thread