Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Jalen Reagor, Eagles

5 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

He looks the part. Would have also had a 70+ yard TD near the end of the half of Wentz hits him. 

He does look fast for sure.  Still don't like him for fantasy this year but next year I think he's going to be big.

The guy is walking around with a nuclear reactor on his back. Big gains are going to be routine. 

Just now, GoBirds said:

Anyone rolling him out as a WR3?

I am close with the Godwin injury but I am going with Parris over him 

6 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Anyone rolling him out as a WR3?

Yep. Godwin, Sutton, Parker, Crowder all down for me. Rolling out Campbell, Scotty Miller and Reagor. It’s only week 2 :lol:

• Laughing 2

3 minutes ago, Man In The Box said:

Yep. Godwin, Sutton, Parker, Crowder all down for me. Rolling out Campbell, Scotty Miller and Reagor. It’s only week 2 :lol:

Man, rough week 1. I may go for it too hoping for the home run. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Man, rough week 1. I may go for it too hoping for the home run. 

If Wentz can get some time to actually throw, we may get to see what this kid can do. I do think the Eagles offense will bounce back this week. 

Just now, Man In The Box said:

If Wentz can get some time to actually throw, we may get to see what this kid can do. I do think the Eagles offense will bounce back this week. 

Hope you are right!:suds:

Just now, GoBirds said:

Hope you are right!:suds:

If I am the Eagles coach, I am drawing up a lot of plays to get Miles, Goedert and Reagor the ball. That is the future of this offense and it's explosive. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ilov80s said:

If I am the Eagles coach, I am drawing up a lot of plays to get Miles, Goedert and Reagor the ball. That is the future of this offense and it's explosive. 

You would think, only think exploding last week was Wentz’s rib cage. 

• Laughing 1

1 minute ago, Ilov80s said:

Agreed. Still have Ertz who is no slouch either. Hopefully the line plays better with Johnson back. 

2 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

You would think, only think exploding last week was Wentz’s rib cage. 

HAHAHA well to be fair Sanders was hurt, Dallas Godirt had a massive game and Reagor had 100/1 right there for the taking, Wentz just missed him. 

Just now, Man In The Box said:

Agreed. Still have Ertz who is no slouch either. Hopefully the line plays better with Johnson back. 

No slouch but he is not the future. Great possession WR, safety valve though. The offense has good pieces. 

1 hour ago, Man In The Box said:

Don’t sell Ertz short, he’s a tremendous slouch.

• Laughing 3

Jalen Reagor caught 4-of-4 targets for 41 yards in the Eagles' Week 2 loss to the Rams. 

Reagor's snaps also kicked up to 61 after last week's 46. The Eagles' passing attack is all out of rhythm, but Reagor is on the right trajectory. Injuries are mounting and bye weeks will soon start creating roster crunches, but Reagor should be kept around as a "wait-and-see" WR5. 

Sep 20, 2020, 7:12 PM ET

Eagles WR Jalen Reagor played 85 percent of the team's offensive snaps in Week 2 against the Rams, the highest rate among Eagles wideouts. 

DeSean Jackson was second with a 77 percent snap rate, while J.J. Arcega-Whiteside played 16 percent. Reagor ran 61 routes against the Rams, 15 more than what he ran in Week 1 against Washington. Sustained playing time could eventually lead to production for the rookie deep threat. His fantasy output will likely be uneven based on his downfield usage. 

RELATED: 

DeSean Jackson

SOURCE: Andrew DiCecco on Twitter 

Sep 21, 2020, 9:17 AM ET

Fran Duffy @EaglesXOs

Since Day 1 of Training Camp I like what I've seen from Jalen Reagor. He's not JUST a gadget guy. Not JUST a deep threat or a decoy. He'll do some dirty work and make tough catches over the middle of the field. Made some tough grabs in this one while also getting some YAC chances

https://twitter.com/eaglesxos/status/1308108934645977093?s=21

• Like 1

it's all trending the right way, just need the targets to pickup. it's too bad the rest of the team outside of sanders looks like a dumpster fire

Well this sucks

John Clark @JClarkNBCS

Bad break. Eagles rookie receiver Jalen Reagor has a UCL tear in his thumb. He will probably miss multiple weeks or more

Edited by The Frankman
  • Sad 1

Ugh Yahoo still lists him as "Doubtful" so I can't use an IR slot. Have any other leagues updated his status? Is there a way to "suggest" a status change to Yahoo? 

21 hours ago, Manster said:

Fire up ur DJax!

He’s been on a limited snap count already to start the season. Chances are he’s already hurt. 

To my understanding, he has not yet been placed on IR.  I can't find it, but I swore I saw something yesterday that said there is an outside chance he returns sooner than later.

Just curious as he has obviously been dropped in a lot of places.

11 hours ago, Buck Bradcanon said:

To my understanding, he has not yet been placed on IR.  I can't find it, but I swore I saw something yesterday that said there is an outside chance he returns sooner than later.

Just curious as he has obviously been dropped in a lot of places.

Just did a search and I dont see anything about the Eagles putting Reagor on IR yet. Some of the reports say he needs surgery on the thumb but I didnt see anything about if he had surgery or not yet.

Most recent stuff I found on him was him getting upset with Eagles fans for calling him a bust already. Rough crowd.

• Like 1

Eagles placed WR Jalen Reagor (thumb) on injured reserve.

This doesn't change much, as Reagor was given a 6-8 week timetable after he had surgery to repair a torn UCL in his thumb. Reagor is eligible to return in Week 7 but could be held out through the Eagles' Week 9 bye. Reagor's injury should accelerate Alshon Jeffery's (foot) return to the lineup.

Is week 9 a likely target return date as mentioned in the (old) Roto note above?  There are yards to be had in this offense and some very prime second half of the season matchups.

I found this note curious from CBS most recent update in late September.  While week 7 seems like a stretch, maybe this puts him on track for week 9 with some certainty?

September 30, 2020 10:17 AM ET

Eagles' Jalen Reagor: Heads to IR

The Eagles placed Reagor (thumb) on injured reserve Wednesday, Tim McManus of ESPN.com reports.

Given that Reagor underwent surgery six days ago to repair a torn UCL in his right thumb, the Eagles' decision to delay his move to IR is a curious one. In any case, McManus relays that Reagor is doing well in his rehab, seemingly putting the rookie wideout on track for the three-week minimum stint on IR. The Eagles expect him to return to the lineup for their Week 7 game against the Giants on Oct. 22.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Buck Bradcanon said:

Is week 9 a likely target return date as mentioned in the (old) Roto note above?  There are yards to be had in this offense and some very prime second half of the season matchups.

Got my timeline off somehow.. week 9 is a bye. 

Just picked him up on waivers.  Guessing week 10 return after the bye and anything earlier would just be gravy.

Small sample size but there is still room on that offense for sure and he had a lot of buzz around him early on.

Reagor is eligible to return from IR this week.  I'd be surprised if he plays Thursday vs NYG but who knows. :shrug:

Eagles’ Dallas Goedert, Jalen Reagor eligible to return from injured reserve in Week 7 | What it could mean for roster

Excerpts:

Following the Eagles' loss against the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday, Goedert and Reagor are eligible to return to the lineup. The Eagles can activate their 21-day practice windows as of Monday.

That said, as the Eagles showed with both wide receiver Quez Watkins and safety Will Parks, just because a player is eligible to return doesn’t mean they actually will immediately. Watkins had his practice window activated immediately but he was forced to wait two weeks before making his debut. Alternatively, Parks was eligible to return in Week 4 but didn’t have his practice window activated until Week 6. Parks returned to the active roster on Saturday.

Goedert’s ankle fracture could take more time to heal. Or, the Eagles could decide to ease him into practice for a week or two before bringing him back to action.

The same could be said for Reagor, who underwent surgery on his thumb in Week 3. With a short week heading into the Thursday Night Football matchup with the Giants, it’s likely that the Eagles take their time with both injured players.

Reagor’s eligibility is also noteworthy. This year’s first-round pick provides a downfield threat that the offense has lacked with him and DeSean Jackson (hamstring) sidelined for the past month. While Travis Fulgham and fifth-round rookie John Hightower have emerged in the duo’s absence, the Eagles would obviously like to see their top pick back in the lineup.

When Reagor returns to the lineup, the Eagles will have some difficult decisions to make at the position. Reagor’s return would give the Eagles eight active wide receivers on the 53-man roster. The Eagles would likely cut at least one wide receiver to make room for Reagor, who should take priority over the majority of the depth chart.

That could mean that the Eagles move on from former second-round pick J.J. Arcega-Whiteside or sixth-round rookie Quez Watkins. Reagor would be an upgrade over either player, but cutting ties with a young draft pick could present other problems in the developmental department. That said, the emergence of Fulgham and Hightower should soften that blow for the organization.

• Like 1

John Clark

⁦‪@JClarkNBCS⁩

Some good injury news today

I’m told cast is off Jalen Reagor’s thumb 👍🏼and he is catching balls

He is ahead of schedule

Original timeline was he would hopefully return after the bye week November 15. We will see pic.twitter.com/iAtDTKY6oF

Eagles WR Jalen Reagor (thumb) was activated from injured reserve. 

In September, Reagor was given a 6-8 week timetable after he had surgery to repair a torn UCL in his thumb. He could still be held out through the team's Week 9 bye week. The emergence of Travis Fulgham -- and to a much lesser extent, John Hightower -- could complicate matters for Reagor upon his return. Reagor should be rostered in deeper leagues with multiple flex spots. 

:football:

CBS..

Eagles' Jalen Reagor: Practice window officially opens

(1 hr ago) The Eagles designated Reagor (thumb) for return from injured reserve Monday.

Reagor will be eligible to resume practicing without counting against the 53-man roster Monday, kicking off a 21-day window for evaluation. The Eagles can officially add him to the active roster at any time during that span, so the rookie first-round pick could be trending toward availability for Sunday night's upcoming contest against the Cowboys. Reagor has missed the last five games while recovering from a UCL tear in his thumb.

Alex Johnson

⁦‪@a_johnsonFF⁩

Jalen Reagor is coming back and is in line for a huge second half breakout

Eagles' upcoming schedule:

Cowboys
Giants
Browns
Seahawks
Packers
Saints
Cardinals
Cowboys

10/26/20, 1:29 PM

5 hours ago, Sweetness_34 said:

So is he practicing now? Playing against Dallas? Heard he is off IR

May not get full answer until Sunday but should start getting some clues today with practice reports.

I am starting him due to injuries, byes etc if he plays.  Talent is there, Wentz has garbage to throw to behind Fulgham esp with Ertz and Goedert out, and the matchup vs Dallas is as prime as it gets.

Let's go.

John Clark

⁦‪@JClarkNBCS⁩

I’m told so far so good for Jalen Reagor trying to return Sunday night vs Cowboys 👍🏼

I’m told he has looked great in practice and his thumb feels good and if there’s no setbacks, needs to be cleared by doctor Thursday 👍🏼 pic.twitter.com/2J1yysoq7h

Jeff McLane

⁦‪@Jeff_McLane⁩

Doug Pederson on Jalen Reagor: Will practice today. Get him back into the offense and see where he’s at. #Eagles

10/28/20, 10:40 AM