What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Netflix - Aaron Hernandez (1 Viewer)

I also thought it was weird that they didn’t talk to anyone from the Patriots that played with AH (at least I don’t remember one). I get that no one currently with the team would comment, but there are guys that have retired that they could have spoken to. 

I also thought it was weird that they didn’t talk to anyone from the Patriots that played with AH (at least I don’t remember one). I get that no one currently with the team would comment, but there are guys that have retired that they could have spoken to. 
At least two former patriots were interviewed in the doc, both guys who played with him. 

Im sure they tried to talk to anyone and everyone that knew something. Would you wanna put yourself on camera talking about a psychopath? Might just say the wrong thing and have one of his paranoid maniac friends after you. 

Last edited by a moderator:
At least two former patriots were interviewed in the doc, both guys who played with him. 

Im sure they tried to talk to anyone and everyone that knew something. Would you wanna put yourself on camera talking about a psychopath? Might just say the wrong thing and have one of his paranoid maniac friends after you. 
Both of the former Patriots were gone from NE before Hernandez got there. 

I see José Baez is slamming the Netflix doc saying there’s no proof that Aaron was gay other than his classmate who claims they were together. But José said he’s lying. 

Of course in the other doc, the guy asked Baez about it and Baez said there no proof about the jailhouse lover. When the guy told him he read the letters first hand, Baez was clearly caught off guard and stumbled over his words. I guess he’s hoping no one watched that doc. :lol:

They did

Both of the former Patriots were gone from NE before Hernandez got there. 
Leigh Bodden 

I do agree though. They couldn't get more than one former player?

Overall I thought the documentary was a waste of time and didn't shed any new light on the story. 

Watched the first part of the ID one. (Part 2 airs tonight.)

This is a pretty good one.  It focuses more on the actual trials.  So his first trial was the first episode.  What's crazy is they had so much evidence against him and his attorney was terrible.  They did explain that they had is fiance for perjury and gave her a plea deal if she testified.  Seems dumb that they wouldn't require her to actually give IMPORTANT information, but they gave her immunity and she gave them nothing.

Even crazier is they lead up to the second case and it actually seems like they had a stronger case and more evidence against him on that one then the one he got convicted on.  

Leigh Bodden 

I do agree though. They couldn't get more than one former player?

Overall I thought the documentary was a waste of time and didn't shed any new light on the story. 
I forgot about Bodden, but he certainly wasn't around the team and Hernandez all that much. He was on IR for all of AH's rookie season and only lasted a month in 2011 before he was released and retired. My point is still the same. Hernandez was in NE for 3 seasons, the last being 2012. There are plenty of players and coaches from that time frame that have nothing to do with the Patriots these days and haven't for quite a while. Bodden was the only guy they could get? Maybe folks were reluctant to say anything if there was still an ongoing court case (I don't know how old the interviews are), but it still seems odd at the lack of participation from everyone else. Maybe they tried and they all declined, who knows?

I’m confused by your confusion over the lack of players willing to go on the record with their thoughts on a former teammate who was convicted of murder. 

I’m confused by your confusion over the lack of players willing to go on the record with their thoughts on a former teammate who was convicted of murder. 
Why? You don't think they would comment that they thought he was a decent guy . . . or that they had no idea about his sordid past . . . or that he kept to himself . . . or they feel for his fiancé and kid . . . or that you never can tell about people. To give a 10 second sound bite that says next to nothing wouldn't really be that big a deal. At the time everything was going on, they had ex-Pats on radio and TV giving their opinions or telling some stories. Not sure why they felt compelled to do it then but not know.

Why? You don't think they would comment that they thought he was a decent guy . . . or that they had no idea about his sordid past . . . or that he kept to himself . . . or they feel for his fiancé and kid . . . or that you never can tell about people. To give a 10 second sound bite that says next to nothing wouldn't really be that big a deal. At the time everything was going on, they had ex-Pats on radio and TV giving their opinions or telling some stories. Not sure why they felt compelled to do it then but not know.
The Wes Welker story about Hernandez spazzing on him was interesting.  I'm sure other players have similar non-vanilla stories.  Agree though, most probably won't talk about those type of stories.

My wife didn't pay attention to this, when it all happened, but she's a true crime nut so we just watch the Netflix series, the ID series and the HLN special. Was interesting to see the overlaps, the different lenses and the things not covered. I need an Aaron Hernandez detox now. 

I binged this last night and today and all I can say is holy crap AH was a psychopath who literally thought he could get away with anything because he was a ball player.  Damn that dude was crazy.  

The whole cousins husband moving in after the dad died is about as white trash as it gets.  So many crazy things in there I didnt know.   He killed two dudes for spilling a drink on him.  Just unreal

On a side note the Pats would have been pretty close to unstoppable if he didnt eff things up. 

I don't think I'd want my name associated with Aaron Hernandez in any way.  Good or bad.  

Why would someone steal someone else’s HIV pills? That theory doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.
Could have done it to blackmail him.

Or, more likely, he didn't steal them but Aaron was paranoid that someone did and blamed it on him.  Crazy people on angel dust aren't usually known to be rational thinkers.

Pure and utter psycho-path. Plain and simple. Tough home life.....but millions have that in this country.

Some people are simply defective and have really bad wiring. It is one of the mystery's of the human brain. This guy was a cold blooded killer. Smoking blunts laced with angel dust everyday, and getting bashed in the head too many times can't help......but holy #### he was calculated. He was fully aware of everything he did.  

Users who are viewing this thread