What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Bryan Edwards, LV (1 Viewer)

Ok ok ok, between injuries and bad QB play none of it is Bryan Edwards fault he never was a stud in college :rolleyes:
Injuries would be his fault and are a concern. If you wanna dock him for that you won’t be alone. Most people don’t seem to be concerned about his production like you are, relative to his situation. But I’m sure you’re right about that and everyone else is wrong!

Injuries would be his fault and are a concern. If you wanna dock him for that you won’t be alone. Most people don’t seem to be concerned about his production like you are, relative to his situation. But I’m sure you’re right about that and everyone else is wrong!
He will probably end up being a stud.  Forget about college, it's new game now baby!!!

From those two comments from Tyrel Williams and Agholor I hear them talking about why they are losing their opportunity to Edwards. Williams was replaced by Mike Wallace and Agholor doesn't have good enough hands.

Raiders QB Derek Carr said rookie Bryan Edwards is “someone where there’s just a trust.”

“Bryan is a violent route runner and that’s a good thing,” Carr said. “He reminds me of Davante [Adams]. Someone where there’s just a trust. I can throw it up one-on-one on those 50/50 balls. He’s a guy that can not only use his physicality in the route, but also when he’s in the air.” Carr played with Adams his final two years at Fresno State. It’s not a bad comp for Edwards, who wins with size and RAC ability. Edwards is healthy after a pre-Combine foot injury and repping with the first-team offense. The Edwards hype continues to run full steam — there’s talk he could start ahead of Henry Ruggs in two wide sets.

RELATED: 

Henry Ruggs

, Tyrell Williams

, Hunter Renfrow

SOURCE: Las Vegas Review Journal

Aug 14, 2020, 7:47 PM ET

Raiders rookie Bryan Edwards is getting first-team reps over Henry Ruggs.

It's very important to note that a big chunk of the Raiders true starting lineup was not getting first-team reps during this session -- Zay Jones, Nelson Agholor, and Devontae Booker were "starters" here --  but this is something to at least monitor throughout the rest of training camp. Derek Carr and OC Greg Olson have been talking like Edwards is a starter, and he’s running at X receiver with Tyrell Williams not practicing. We’re not sure how the roles will play out, but it’s possible that Hunter Renfrow could be dropped from three-wide sets. The Raiders have mentioned Ruggs in the slot, where he made 25 percent of his catches last year. Edwards — a 94th percentile college dominator — has difference making upside if he opens the year at one of the outside spots.

RELATED: 

Henry Ruggs

, Tyrell Williams

, Hunter Renfrow

SOURCE: ESPN

Aug 16, 2020, 12:11 PM ET

The hype is growing quickly. I think aided by the fact that he was already always a devy darling. I dealt Pittman for Diontae Johnson a couple months ago, and now have someone offering me Edwards straight up for DJ. 

I know it’s become popular to complain about how crappy preseason football is, how the play sucks and a couple notable guys will get hurt every year, but man it would be nice to be getting a glimpse of the young guys like Edwards in game action. Obviously understand and glad it was cancelled this year but I hope preseason games remain a thing in the future.

The hype is growing quickly. I think aided by the fact that he was already always a devy darling. I dealt Pittman for Diontae Johnson a couple months ago, and now have someone offering me Edwards straight up for DJ. 
Nice deal to get Diontae. Would def keep him over Edwards. Him and Edwards are my only 2 players with 100% dynasty ownership.

I wouldn't trade Diontae Johnson for him. 

Nice deal to get Diontae. Would def keep him over Edwards. Him and Edwards are my only 2 players with 100% dynasty ownership.
Yeah I didn’t go for it, I told him I’d need something significant added to consider or to even counter.

Was just posting it as a benchmark for others since Edward’s hype is rising noticeably. People in my league are aware I’m high on Diontae after I dealt for him, but the Edwards owner offered this thinking it had a chance, that tells you something. Maybe just about that one owner, but I think it’s an interesting data point.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it’s become popular to complain about how crappy preseason football is, how the play sucks and a couple notable guys will get hurt every year, but man it would be nice to be getting a glimpse of the young guys like Edwards in game action. Obviously understand and glad it was cancelled this year but I hope preseason games remain a thing in the future.
I agree with what you are saying.

I have made some really poor decisions based on something I saw in preseason games. I can't mess up that way without them. 

ConnSKINS26 said:
Yeah I didn’t go for it, I told him I’d need something significant added to consider or to even counter.

Was just posting it as a benchmark for others since Edward’s hype is rising noticeably. People in my league are aware I’m high on Diontae after I dealt for him, but the Edwards owner offered this thinking it had a chance, that tells you something. Maybe just about that one owner, but I think it’s an interesting data point.
FWIW I think that was a fair offer and I would prefer the Edwards side of the deal.

I am not that optimistic about Big Ben being around much after this season. 

If I were the Edwards owner in this exchange I would be stepping away as I think it was a fair offer.

Raiders rookie Bryan Edwards is “already gaining the trust” of QB Derek Carr.

"I've always been a guy —  I love throwing the ball up and giving guys chances. That's kind of how Bryan is,” Carr said. “He's the guy that wherever I put the ball, I have confidence that he can separate, make an extended catch. He's an exciting guy.” The hype on Edwards has carried over to padded practices. He’s repped with the first team and there’s talk Edwards could open the year in a top-three role. Edwards, who started as a 17-year-old freshman at South Carolina, hasn’t been slowed by a Raiders scheme that asks a lot from its receivers. Edwards is one of the bigger training camp risers.

SOURCE: NBC Sports Bay Area

Aug 21, 2020, 7:27 PM ET

This guy fits perfectly with Carr and this offense. Started in the SEC at 17. Performed well against his toughest competition. The only reason he wasn't a 1st rounder was because he didn't run at the combine because of injury. 

This guy fits perfectly with Carr and this offense. Started in the SEC at 17. Performed well against his toughest competition. The only reason he wasn't a 1st rounder was because he didn't run at the combine because of injury. 
Yup.  Feel's like he's set up to be this year's McLaurin.

You said ceiling right?

Go look at what Crabtree did in 2015 and 2016 to see what Edwards is looking at as far as targets if he is in fact the starting X receiver. 
Are you joking?  Crabtree wasn't a rookie then. Different coaching staff as well. 

I like his td upside with as much as Carr talks about him being able to throw it up to him and trusting he’ll win in the air.

That is the fear. 
OAK WRs are pretty much on my do not draft list.

eta - I see the news today where astoundingly, Mariota is "struggling with accuracy" :lol:  ... maybe I need to change my tune on OAK WRs a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless you are in OAK/LA/LV homer leagues (like me) all Raider receivers - despite their talent/prospects, of which there is plenty to get hype about - need to be discounted by your opinion of Daverek Carr. I still think D.Carr has potential for a major rebound/renaissance. But I'm not confident about it. That said, offseason reports have been glowing. FWIW. Discount accordingly.

Unless you are in OAK/LA/LV homer leagues (like me) all Raider receivers - despite their talent/prospects, of which there is plenty to get hype about - need to be discounted by your opinion of Daverek Carr. I still think D.Carr has potential for a major rebound/renaissance. But I'm not confident about it. That said, offseason reports have been glowing. FWIW. Discount accordingly.
Normally I would agree but Edwards is the type of WR Carr has been missing for a few years. Big physical with a huge catch radius. With Tyrell likely done for the season there's a real chance for 100+ targets. 

I wouldn't assume Williams is going to miss the season. This is difficult to play through and he won't be as effective, but players do it all the time. And he has $millions of reasons to give it a go. 

MAC_32 said:
I wouldn't assume Williams is going to miss the season. This is difficult to play through and he won't be as effective, but players do it all the time. And he has $millions of reasons to give it a go. 
Agreed.   Pretty sure Williams is playing.  I discount the OAK WRs because I don’t Know how the targets will be distributed.   

If you are in a league with me, I think he will do horrible. Avoid. 

For everyone else, I think he is going to surprise a whole lot of people with a good amount of production for a rookie. 

Users who are viewing this thread