What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Spelling Bee For NFL Challenge (1 Viewer)

How Many Did You Get Correct?

• 0 of 5

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • 1 of 5

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • 2 of 5

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • 3 of 5

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • 4 of 5

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • 5 of 5

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Cowherd did a bit on his show yesterday on this. Thursday should have been the annual Scripps Spelling Bee.

So a challenge for you guys.

Can you spell these names?

The Rules
1. Total honor system.
2. No looking anywhere at anything.
3. No using a pen to write it down to spell it out. No typing it out. You have to be able to say it out loud just like a spelling bee.

Can you spell:

1. Nickname of the NFL team for Tampa Bay. (like Steelers, Giants, Cowboys etc) 

2. Last name of Pittsburgh QB Ben R...

3. Last Name of former Bengals WR T.J. Hou...

4. Last name of SF QB Jimmy G...

5.  Last name of rookie Miami QB Tua T...

Please vote for how many you got correct. 

Man, TJ was tough...I think if I thought about it, I'd get it, but I didn't, so 4 out of 5. 

eta* Also, you should have done this when Denarius Moore and Demaryius Thomas were in the league. People used to botch those two up like no tomorrow in 2011...But this goes to a more serious point. At what point does misspelling a player's name prevent the reader from trusting the information being given about said player?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm out.  Only got 2 of 5 just because I'm a steelers fan.  Close on Jimmy G.  TJ and Tua???? oh heck no.  Might as well ask me to pronounce a bunch of Greek words at a food festival.  

Here are 5 more:

Former Jets RB, big plodder, drafted in the 3rd rd of the 2009 draft out of Iowa, initials S.G.

Undersized RB out of SDSU, drafted by the Eagles in the 4th rd of the 2017 draft after the Bears took Tarik Cohen, initials D.P.

2019 Colts' starting QB who just lost his job to Rivers, acquired from NE for a WR, initials J.B.

The WR who was drafted by the Colts in the 1st rd and traded to NE for that QB, initials P.D.

The head coach of the Patriots who made that trade, initials B.B.

Shonn Greene

Jacoby Brissett

Phillip Dorsett

Bill Belichick

Can't get the SDSU back off of the top of my head. 4 out of 5.

Can't get the SDSU back off of the top of my head. 4 out of 5.
Maybe put a spoiler filter on.  The point of this is to spell them out loud, not guess what player he was describing.  And not to type the spellings out for everyone else to see :P

Maybe put a spoiler filter on.  The point of this is to spell them out loud, not guess what player he was describing.  And not to type the spellings out for everyone else to see :P
Done. Too funny. Wasn't even thinking. It's all about me, darn it!  Now if you'll edit the quote box, we'll be all set.

Users who are viewing this thread