What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Return of the Desert Island Jukebox Draft - Drop in a quarter (1 Viewer)

MAC_32 said:
Link had no audio for me. This one worked though. Hadn't heard it before - definitely Ramones, but not enough punk to the sound overlaying the vocals; no edge. The mid 80's strikes again.
Yeah, not my favorite Ramones song, but really liked the story of it for the context of this draft. 
The Ramones' Animal Boy album makes more sense in the context of the 80s.  Nobody but Punks were listening to Punk music and the handful of bands on major labels were pushed to the center.  It's better than X's Ain't Love Grand which came out around the same time. 

Something to Believe In doesn't sound much like the Ramones but it's a great song.

Round 38 Carnival - Natale Merchant
I took this album in the last "album draft"; as a spectator after the "official end" - from the left overs.

It's either highly under-the-radar ... or highly under-rated ... or ...

Have I been wrong, have I been wise
To shut my eyes and play along
Hypnotized, paralyzed by what my eyes have found
By what my eyes have seen
What they have seen?

38.ee - Stolen Car - Patty Griffin (2002)

I've always gotten Patty Griffin and Nanci Griffith confused.  Not only do you have the question of whether the first name ends with a y or an i but there's the whole -in/-ith business to deal with as well.  This is definitely Patty Griffin though.

It's an excellent cover of a Springsteen song that closed side 3 of The River.  Griffin's vocal cuts to the heart of Springsteen's words.  I love the way the guitar feedback and bowed bass come in to support the acoustic guitar.

Last edited by a moderator:
I listened to Buffaloes jukebox on my ride today.  It had a brilliant flow to it that helped keep my cadence up.  I rode past the bison in Golden Gate Park but they were in their pen.

39.ee - Misery Loves Company - Mike Ness (1999)

Springsteen adds vocals to this track off of Ness' first solo album.  Their voices are very similar and they're both centered in the stereo mix.  The first time I heard it, I didn't realize the Boss was on it until they harmonize on the third verse.  The song has a saxophone part and it's a great one.

HOW THE HELL DO I GET A SPOTIFY PLAYLIST TO GO IN ORDER INSTEAD OF SHUFFLE?
Phone or pc? 

They may be the same, tho. 

Anyways, look at the bott... 

Nevermind. 

Where the "play" button is on a playlist, there is a little figure beneath it with intertwined arrows going to the right.  Hit that to shuffle.  Unfortunately you can't just hit that to un-shuffle.
There are 3 options, I think. 

Test. 

Report back. 

I will mock? 

What i think has been happening in my neighborhood today:

Neighbor#1 to Neighbor #2:  Why is she playing so much Ringo?

Neighbor #2 to #1:  And is that Christmas music?
Speaking of Ringo countdown type things, I listened to some tracks from Neil's dreadful 2017 album The Visitor to see if anything was worth including in the 102-204 list. Spoiler: There wasn't. 

Something Prince is a requirement in my jukebox. I spent more time than I care to admit trying to figure out if this counted, but alas it wasn't meant to be. The story behind it and the show stealing solo may be the best moment in rock hall history, but best to my knowledge no such release ever occurred. So, onto plan B - no one can possibly one-up a Prince original, but who came closest? I hemmed and hawed between two, but despite my soft spot for this mid 90's classic in an even better movie this one's better:

Round 39 Incubus - Let's Go Crazy (2009)
:thumbup:

I didn't hate this.

krista4 said:
Took their album in the last draft.  Nice one.

I got up around 1:30 this morning and walked 50+ miles.  Eating pizza and catching up now.  

Yes, that's what I said.
what the h

last time i did this was when i woke up in a bathtub of ice and a big gash in my back

It's sunday night and i'm feelin right...let's get funky

30.am

Let's Get Funky

The Chambers Brothers

(1971)

This track gave one of the great music curators a bed on their debut album

31.pm

I Left My Wallet in El Segundo

A Tribe Called Quest

(1990)

strangely enough, my above referenced comment was when i was trying to find my wallet back in el segundo around this time...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread