What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 3: Detroit Lions at Arizona Cardinals **Game Thread*** (1 Viewer)

It's going to be harder for Detroit to blow a 10+ point lead this game. Some good plays, but mostly the D looks easy to torch.

Omg. What a great catch and throw. 

Nullified by holding. 

I don't know who I feel worse for. Lions fans or Falcons fans. 

Golladay on the field definitely making a difference though. Watch how bad the Packers play without Adams tonight. 

Go Lions!?!

Some good things (didn't want them going 0-16, turnovers, just enough on Offense). Some bad (Patricia's job is safer for a longer time >.>)

I love that Patricia is basically wearing a circus tent now to try and hide how absurdly fat he is
He should be doing commercials for the Fried Chicken boxes the dude has in his hands before Coach BB rips his sleeves off, sort of a prequel if you will for Subway

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if literally every expert will admit they were wrong about Hopkins move to AZ being some sort of massive downgrade? 

I don’t recall reading anything but doom & gloom. Had more than my share of bad offers for him in dynasty with prospective trade partners all mentioning the downgrade. 

somehow I’m not seeing a downgrade.  :unsure:

Murray Looked really bad today though against a weak Lion defense.
55% man to man coverage vrs 81.8% & 82.1% the first two weeks. Still didn’t blitz much but IIRC the longest plays given up were a 30 yard pass & a 15 yard run. Forced two punts (including a 3 and out late) in the 4th Q. Overall I think they did a good job with the defensive adjustments.

Watched the rewind tonight, some Cap’n Obvious observations:

• Stafford was kinda horrible in the end zone. 6 trips inside the 20, four FGs. But they didn’t panic after the holding call wiped out that spectacular bomb to Hall. Two huge 20 yard plays to MJJ when it mattered most on the final drive. Overall not a great day for #9.

• Not happy they won, it delays the inevitable. But they won an ugly game and showed some grit. The C and the left side of the O line are playing well, right side continues to be a disaster. They tried a new combo & it was having problems all day.

• Speaking of All Day, ADP only looked good in the first half (14-66.) Very predictable usage as the game wore on & Bevell didn’t adjust. Still, pretty crazy how well he is playing at 35.

• The rookie punter is amazing again (seriously), the Special Teams were great all around. Agnew had a key return in the 4th, Prater was money, the short kickoffs worked out great, consistently stopping the return short of the 25.

• Defense in the first three quarters was pathetic other than the INTs. Had no answers & didn’t force a punt until the 4th Q. Embarrassing.

• At the conclusion of the third quarter, Patricia decided not to go for a 57 yarder that would have tied it up. Eerily similar to the Bears game, they took the delay and Fox pinned them at the 2. The D had its first (& only) 3 and out, good PR setup a short field for the trying FG. Wasn’t rocket science but give pencil some credit for not making the same mistake he did week 1.

55% man to man coverage vrs 81.8% & 82.1% the first two weeks. Still didn’t blitz much but IIRC the longest plays given up were a 30 yard pass & a 15 yard run. Forced two punts (including a 3 and out late) in the 4th Q. Overall I think they did a good job with the defensive adjustments.

Watched the rewind tonight, some Cap’n Obvious observations:

• Stafford was kinda horrible in the end zone. 6 trips inside the 20, four FGs. But they didn’t panic after the holding call wiped out that spectacular bomb to Hall. Two huge 20 yard plays to MJJ when it mattered most on the final drive. Overall not a great day for #9.

• Not happy they won, it delays the inevitable. But they won an ugly game and showed some grit. The C and the left side of the O line are playing well, right side continues to be a disaster. They tried a new combo & it was having problems all day.

• Speaking of All Day, ADP only looked good in the first half (14-66.) Very predictable usage as the game wore on & Bevell didn’t adjust. Still, pretty crazy how well he is playing at 35.

• The rookie punter is amazing again (seriously), the Special Teams were great all around. Agnew had a key return in the 4th, Prater was money, the short kickoffs worked out great, consistently stopping the return short of the 25.

• Defense in the first three quarters was pathetic other than the INTs. Had no answers & didn’t force a punt until the 4th Q. Embarrassing.

• At the conclusion of the third quarter, Patricia decided not to go for a 57 yarder that would have tied it up. Eerily similar to the Bears game, they took the delay and Fox pinned them at the 2. The D had its first (& only) 3 and out, good PR setup a short field for the trying FG. Wasn’t rocket science but give pencil some credit for not making the same mistake he did week 1.
Stafford did miss a sure TD in the end zone by a wide margin.   

Was watching the game with friends and we all said ADP is probably still better than half the backs in the league.  

I wanted them to lose going in but when the game is going I want them to win!     I want to watch the Lions win.  Sad thing abou the Lions is their best players are usually the K and P.

Sad thing abou the Lions is their best players are usually the K and P.
It’s amazing - we seldom have an impact defensive player, two seasons of Pro Bowl QB play in the last 60+ years, but dangit we always have a great placekicker. Errol Mann, Eddie Murray, Jason Hanson, Matt Prater. Good punters, too.

But meaningful positional superstars? Aw, not so much, and the two best ones - made ‘em both pay back their remaining bonus money instead of just doing the classy thing & letting it go as a thank you for years of excellence.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread