What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RTSports Down All Day (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
They have repeated the same statement most of the day...

Sunday 12pm ET:
It's 2020! Our statistics service, one of the largest world-wide providers of live statistics for all sports, is offline this morning. They have been working the issue all morning but still have not diagnosed the problem and are unable to provide and ETA on a fix.

Unfortunately, as long as they are offline we will not be able to provide live statistics updates in your leagues. We apologize for the inconvenience but have no control over the situation. As soon as they are online, statistics will start flowing.

And then we got this...

Sunday 4:30pm ET:
Still no fix or ETA from our statistics service. Unfortunately that means we and many other sites are still not receiving statistics. We have requested they at least try to email us some sort of statistics updates. If we receive them we will apply them immediately.

And Finally...

Sunday 6:30pm ET:
We are contacting alternative statistics services and trying to work out an emergency contract to get stats.

Anyone else suffering on their sites? 

We use RTSports as well. They claim it'stheir stats provider who is one of the largest sports score providers. Is anyone aware of any other fantasy football sites down with their live scoring?

We use RTSports as well. They claim it'stheir stats provider who is one of the largest sports score providers. Is anyone aware of any other fantasy football sites down with their live scoring?
That was my question as well. They immediately try and make their subscribers feel bad for them, not sure that's the best marketing idea. 

They seem to have filled in stats for every game. I see errors in some of the defense and kicker stats (no yardage bonus for kick length, missing TDs and points bonuses for defense). 

My dynasty league (now in its 31st year) has been using RTSports for a number of years now (since 2003), and in their defense, we have never before experienced anything like this.  While it is was disappointing that we could not get real-time scores on the league website yesterday, our league has been around long enough to remember the days when all scoring was done from the newspaper stats, so everyone sorta took this in stride.  I have alerted the League that some of the posted stats may be inaccurate, particularly kicker and defense scoring; however, I will manually confirm the scores of any close games.  It sounds like RTSports has taken steps to protect against this happening again.

Fantrax still doesn’t have it fixed.  No timetable as of right now either.  

One thing I learned from this, fantasy football isn’t as fun without the scoring.  

My dynasty league (now in its 31st year) has been using RTSports for a number of years now (since 2003), and in their defense, we have never before experienced anything like this.  While it is was disappointing that we could not get real-time scores on the league website yesterday, our league has been around long enough to remember the days when all scoring was done from the newspaper stats, so everyone sorta took this in stride.  I have alerted the League that some of the posted stats may be inaccurate, particularly kicker and defense scoring; however, I will manually confirm the scores of any close games.  It sounds like RTSports has taken steps to protect against this happening again.
Ours has been with RTSports for a long time as well. If it was just them I'd be concerned. But it is also FanDuel and Fantrax among others so it clearly isn't a RTSports thing. And they've been working their tails off to get things right it seems.

It does seem like RT Sports is trying to fix this issue, which wasn't their fault, so I can give them a pass for this.

What I cannot give them a pass for is adding no IR spots for COVID and having no contingency plan for COVID. Several league mates emailed last week asking what happens if you start a player on NE or KC and the game got moved to a later week after all of the Sunday games had been played, and they were basically told they were you-know-what out of luck.  Most of us will not be doing our leagues on RT Sports anymore after this year, and I won't be playing any more of their cheap leagues for fun going forward.

They do have an IR option for covid players

Not sure what you expect rtsports to do about your second point
How about something, or anything?  This is not a new problem.  We knew most of this year that COVID could be a big problem this season and they did nothing to plan for it.

I am in three cheap leagues on RT Sports (aside from my normal locals).  None of them have an IR for COVID.

How about something, or anything?  This is not a new problem.  We knew most of this year that COVID could be a big problem this season and they did nothing to plan for it.

I am in three cheap leagues on RT Sports (aside from my normal locals).  None of them have an IR for COVID.
Talk to your commish. I have it set up on ours.

Still not sure on your second point. If a game is cancelled late in the week what do you propose RTS do? Do other websites do anything?

Users who are viewing this thread