What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your bold predictions for 2003 (1 Viewer)

8. Vick has a bad year trying to use a system that he is not comfortable in...
He's in the same system as last year, when he looked OHHHHHHH SO UNCOMFORTABLE as a first year starter.BOLD = good

RIDICULOUS = not so good

2 - The Bengals make the AFC championship.I see it crept from 5 wins, to 8 wins, to the Playoffs during the course of this thread. Thought I'd bump it up one more
Sorry, I beat ya to it. Look at the last post of page one. But since I love you, we can share. ;)

Ron Dayne adds to the mix and is an effective change of pace, as the Giants take big leads into the second half and he pummels opponents into submission, running with direction and a sense of purpose.
I was with you on your first post and started to believe you knew what you were talking about until the Dayne thing.... :thumbup: :thumbup:

Using well-documented concerns of his demise as motiviation, Curtis Martin returns to top 10 status with 1300 yards rushing and 12 TDs.PO'd at Duce Staley for holding out during minicamp, Reid lets Correll Buckhalter carry most of the load during the season. Like Jamal Lewis before him, Buckhalter shows little effect from his recent ACL injury and responds with an 1100 yard/10 TD season.

Last edited by a moderator:
"No cowboys player, past or present, will commit a crime in 2003... " :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Bold predictions:Kerry Collins falls off the wagon, and reverts to his former playing self, taking all the Giants WRs with him.Matthew Hatchette wins the #2 spot in Jacksonville, and leads that team's WRs in both receiving yards and TDs.Michael Pittman gets thrown in the clink for about 20 years, with no time off because there is no good behavior. Wait...that's not so bold.Brett Favre suffers a career ending injury, and is replaced by Akili Smith, who suffers a career ending performance and is replaced by Craig Nall who leads the team to the Super Bowl.

Top 7 fantasy backs in this order:Clinton PortisLaDanian TomlinsonDeuce McCallisterPriest HolmesRicky WilliamsMarshall FaulkEdgerrin James
I believe this post by rad balls was by far the most gutsiest call on the board. Not only are his balls rad they are extremly huge for this post. :eek:

Chad Johnson = Pro BowlGiants beat Pittsburgh in Super BowlEddie George gets 1300 yds and 14 TD'sPhil Simms will call Josh Reed "Andre" for at least the 1st quarter of a Bills game. (actually, that's not so bold)Snoop Minnis = Comeback Player of the Year

o.k., I'll play along as well.....1) Deuce McAllister ends the year as the #1RB in all of football - making people regret passing on the "injury prone" RB. He finishes the year with 15 rushing TD, 1500 rushing yards, 4 receiving TD, 500 receiving yards2) LT2, the concensus #1 RB heading into the season, proves that the "wear and tear" theory due to workload is alive and well and sucumbs to injuries. He doesn't finish the year in the top 10.3) Despite everyone jumping on the Edge sleeper bandwagon, Edge is not able to rebound as everyone expects him to and he barely sniffs the top 20.4) Despite everyone jumping on the Warner sleeper bandwagon, he gets injured once again and ponders retirement.5) Willie Green finishes the year on a bang and lands in the top 10 - this years Henry if Holcombe takes over as QB.6) Patrick Ramsey finishes as top 10 and a solid fantasy starter.7) Canidate lands in the dog house after 2 games and Betts leads the team in rushing next year.8) Priest Holmes, despite reports that he is 100% healthy heading into the season, plays less than half of the teams games and is constantly injured. Larry Johnson takes over and is in line for ROY honors despite the Penn State stigma.9) Hines Ward proves that last year was a fluke and finishes the year with 900 yds, 5 TDs10) Moss decides to play next year and finishes as the top WR once again.

ok1. The Rams are back, high flying and 12-4, home field in NFC2. Miami implodes and barely mises the playoffs ( sorry that's 2002)3. Fred Taylor stays healthy for a 2nd year ( You said Bold)4. Washington makes the playoffs, but Snyder fires Spurrier and hires Bill Walsh for 13 mil a year.5. top five fantasy backs - Faulk, Alexander, Henry, Tomlinson, and Taylor6. Somebody will get lucky on one of his 35 predictions and sit back and say how smart he was and how we should have listened to him.

Jacksonville plows through the AFC behind a strong defense and Fred Taylor, and makes a surprise berth in the Super Bowl. (and of course, Taylor staying healthy)The Bengals again manage to disappoint, amazing for a team as badly considered as they are. (hey, given all the Pro-Bengal predictions, it apparently ain't shocking)Ricky Williams makes a serious run at 2000 yards. In the meantime, Priest Holmes struggles through injury and never gets back on his record pace. Tony Richardson once again relieves Holmes in goalline duty, in an attempt to "keep him fresh".Oakland again is a strong contender, and is the main threat to the Jaguars run. Jerry Porter takes over Tim Brown's starting position, perhaps not in title but in reality, similar to Moss's "#3" role his rookie year behind Carter and Reed. He is the Raiders most valuable fantasy WR.Plaxico Burress becomes an unstoppable force and almost breaks into the elite; The only thing keeping Owens and Harrison a smidge above him is the presence of Hines Ward. Eric Moulds makes a similar run without Peerless Price on the other side. The Patriots become an even more explosive offense, and a more consistant one. Tom Brady becomes a Top 5 QB in 2004 drafts.

BOLD prediction...Miami DOESN'T collapse in December!AFC: Mami over IndyNFC: NYG over the SaintsSuper Bowl: Miami over NYG

:) Patrick Ramsey is knocked out for the season during the preseason or before the end of game 1 vs. the New York Jets... making for some poetic justice in the eyes of Jets fans.But.. the justice is bitter sweet.Rob Johnson steps on the field and leads the Redskins to the NFC Championship loss. Needlessly to say, he wins endless Fantasy Football players their leagues when a convergance of talent meets luck and some temporary intelligence.Rob Johnson:GS ATT CMP PCT YDS YPA LG TD INT Rate16 588 408 69.4 4632 7.8 90t 38 18 101.5On the flipside... The next season fantasy owners will crawl over one another to draft him early. Fantasy owners and Snyder lose big when the assumption is made that Rob has arrived. The next season he returns to mediocrity and the team with him and he really becomes the most hated fantasy player of all time.Okay... had a little fun with it. But, I do have this strong gut feeling that Rob will see action and post very nice numbers this year... then return to crappy. :wacko:

Hehe... all that from a Cowboys fan.Throw the fabricated stats out... and I do have a feeling that Ramsey gets hurt and Rob comes in and surprises people for one season. Trust me... I don't even like the guy. My nickname for him is the poisonous snake! :excited:

1. David Boston is the #1 fantasy WR......2. Deuce McAllister is the #1 fantasy RB......3. Joey Harrington throws for 3,500 Yds. ; 20 TD ; and a spot in the Top 15 QBs. :excited:

Byron Leftwich gets first start in October when Brunell goes down with a concussion. He lights up D's in the new west coast offense, reviving Jimmy Smith to Stud WR status, making a servicable fantasy WR out of JJ Stokes, and opening up the offense for Fred to put up Priest/Marshall type numbers.

I got a couple even with the crap the cowboys have at qb, parcells leads them to better than 5-11, because of thier solid defenseS davis shine's in carolina putting up 1250 yards and double digit td'sniether burress or horn get more then 9 td'smason puts up a career year with 1200 yards and 10 td's cardinals stink and emitt retires after this seasonpriest goes down sometime during the yearplummer stinks it out slowing down portis but portis still manages 1300 yards and ten to fifteen td's fred taylor shines with a career year and finishes top 7 back in nflhambrick is solid as cowboys starter pittman goes to jail, jones starts the yearoakland faiders finnally fade out and don't make playoffsRams improve but do not finish with more then a 9-7 recordwilly green puts up solid fantasy numbersrobinson and jackson are both solid starters for any fantasy league Mack proves to be solid and starts every game finishing with 1100 and 8+ td

Top QBs: Warner, Vick, HasslebeckTop RBs: McAllister, Williams, HenryTop Recs: Harrison (duh), Ward, BurressTop D: Tampa, New England, MIamiBold prediction: Patriots are super bowl champs again(Don't tell me a RBBC can't work....just look at the red sox' Bullpen by commitee!) :D

Top QBs - McNabb, Garcia, WarnerTop RBs - James, Faulk, Portis Top WRs - Owens, K Rob, MossTop TEs - Shockey, E. Johnson, HeapNFC East winner - WashingtonNFC North winner - MinnesotaNFC South winner - CarolinaNFC West winner - San FranciscoAFC East winner - New EnglandAFC North winner - ClevelandAFC South winner - IndyAFC West winner - DenverSan Fran over Denver in the Super Bowl! Well, you said bold...

Denver in the Super Bowl? Not with ol' Plummer calling the shots. He may give them a bit of a boost, but they'd be lucky to get past the first week of the playoffs...

Manning throws 35 TDs for career-high, with both Harrison and Wayne going over 1000 yards.Burress catches over 15 TDs, and Randle-El throws 2-3 TD passes as a trick QB in the playoffs.Mike Holmgren gets fired and Dennis Green takes over.

Originally I was hoping ol' Denny Green would end up in Detroit. But I was quite happy when Mooch decided to go there. VERY happy actually....

Travis Henry leads the NFL in rushing w/2000 yard season and 20tds. Buffalo makes it back to the big game. This time they freaking win.

Onterrio Smith claims the starting job for an injured Michael Bennet during the first 4 weeks of the season and puts up 1200/ 7 and 400/2
Given the news today about Bennett, this came one step closer to coming true...

1) Troy Hambrick becomes a top 10 RB.2) Josh Reed becomes a top 20 WR.3) Travis Henry is top 3 FF RB.4) Priest Holmes hip is fine, but tears ACL in 2nd game.55) Marshall Faulk plays 15 games and goes for 1400 yards rushing and 17 TDs.6) Seattle Seahawks offense doesn't live up to hype.7) Pat Ramsey becomes a top 5 QB.8) NY Jets offense is virtually useless to FF world.9) Anthony Thomas is a top 15 RB.10) Buffalo wins the Super Bowl!!! (I can dream!)

1. Panthers secure a NFC wildcard spot.2. Panthers roll thru the playoffs and meet the Dolphins for the title.3. Stephan Davis (the NFC rushing leader) blows out his knee in the first quarter of the Super Bowl.4. R. Smart replaces Davis and goes off for 150+ and 2 TDs as the Panthers upset the Dophins 17 to 16. "He Hate Me" is named Super Bowl MVP.

Morton will be decent, consider last year an aberration and just expect a typical Morton year.All the younger folks will learn there has never been a bad Parcells back in FF:HambrickPanthers most improvedBuffalo becomes a serious team. Won't predict anything in that AFC East but like the Fins last year, you just gotta notice them.Lamont Jordan will be a wasted FF pick again.Dan Campbell will be the useful waiver wire pickup in the first few weeks.Kenny Watson will be cut(or non existent), then come back and start, he'll drive fantasy folks nuts.Peter Warrick will finally excite us

Users who are viewing this thread