What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

☞ Official SOPRANOS Thread (4 Viewers)

Remember when Ralphie was showing Jackie Jr. his "pasta technique'...? I tried it tonight. :shrug: Gotta say, it worked great.For those who don't remember, you drain the pasta when it's done. Then you put some butter and gravy (or "sauce" for the Meddigan in the crowd ;) ) back into the pan where the pasta was boiling, then throw the pasta back in and stir it all up for 45 seconds. Theory being that the spaghetti will absorb the gravy better that way, and damned if it didn't work. You know how sometimes when you get near the middle of the bowl, you've run out of sauce? Not when you do it this way. So simple, yet I never tried it before. :confused:
LOL we've done that since that episode.
I'll take your word. My memory is very, very poor. :(

Now playing on A&E....... Jackie Jr.'s last stand. :confused:
Why the sad banana? Of all the characters who were ever on that show, I think I hated Jackie Jr the most.
Nice "OZ" username! :shrug: I felt bad for JJ. He was as dumb as they come, but it seemed like he had a good heart. Ralph basically got JJ killed by telling him and Dino about how his dad and Tony took down Feech's card game. What ELSE is that melon head going to do after hearing a story like that?

I wish I never heard of the Sopranos. I ####### hate it. I am pretty close to smashing the dvds I have from season 1 & 2 into fine, mirrored confetti.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Now playing on A&E....... Jackie Jr.'s last stand. :unsure:
Why the sad banana? Of all the characters who were ever on that show, I think I hated Jackie Jr the most.
Nice "OZ" username! :blackdot: I felt bad for JJ. He was as dumb as they come, but it seemed like he had a good heart. Ralph basically got JJ killed by telling him and Dino about how his dad and Tony took down Feech's card game. What ELSE is that melon head going to do after hearing a story like that?
Thanks, GB. I had to come up with something new, and I've been re-watching the entire series... I was actually kind of surprised this name was available. Right now, I'm watching Luke Perry's first episode. :goodposting: I think JJ actually kind of had a bad heart... cheating on Meadow, trying to be a hard mobster and live off his father's name, setting up that drug dealer for the beating of a lifetime by telling him it'd be okay to push his ecstasy outside of Christopher's club, wanting to be a fashion designer... I was glad when he finally got clipped.

Now playing on A&E....... Jackie Jr.'s last stand. :sadbanana:
Nice "OZ" username! :thumbup: I felt bad for JJ. He was as dumb as they come, but it seemed like he had a good heart. Ralph basically got JJ killed by telling him and Dino about how his dad and Tony took down Feech's card game. What ELSE is that melon head going to do after hearing a story like that?
Thanks, GB. I had to come up with something new, and I've been re-watching the entire series... I was actually kind of surprised this name was available. Right now, I'm watching Luke Perry's first episode. :confused: I think JJ actually kind of had a bad heart... cheating on Meadow, trying to be a hard mobster and live off his father's name, setting up that drug dealer for the beating of a lifetime by telling him it'd be okay to push his ecstasy outside of Christopher's club, wanting to be a fashion designer... I was glad when he finally got clipped.
What about cleaning out Tony's garage?Bringing Carm a bottle of wine for her birthday? Teaching AJ how to play football?He was already banging Meadow at that point. He didn't have to do that stuff. Those things you referenced all had to do with his delusions of grandeur, thinking he would be just like his father. Cheating on Meadow I can't excuse, but again, he was stupid.Luke Perry being buried behind a brick wall was my favorite moment in television history.

Remember when Ralphie was showing Jackie Jr. his "pasta technique'...? I tried it tonight. :bag:Gotta say, it worked great.For those who don't remember, you drain the pasta when it's done. Then you put some butter and gravy (or "sauce" for the Meddigan in the crowd ;) ) back into the pan where the pasta was boiling, then throw the pasta back in and stir it all up for 45 seconds. Theory being that the spaghetti will absorb the gravy better that way, and damned if it didn't work. You know how sometimes when you get near the middle of the bowl, you've run out of sauce? Not when you do it this way. So simple, yet I never tried it before. :thumbup:
I am going to have to try that. I am probably gonna make some pasta tomorrow, so here's hoping I do not forget about this. *bookmarks thread* :)As for Jackie Jr., he was an annoying d-bag to say the least, and the guy that played him was probably one of the two or three worst actors (that played characters who appeared at least somewhat regularly) in the history of the show.

i was looking for an official jamie lynn sigler thread before i made my new avatar. Somewhere buried in these pages should be some hot mediterranean broad dicussion that I'll never see :lmao:

Remember when Ralphie was showing Jackie Jr. his "pasta technique'...? I tried it tonight. :bag:Gotta say, it worked great.For those who don't remember, you drain the pasta when it's done. Then you put some butter and gravy (or "sauce" for the Meddigan in the crowd ;) ) back into the pan where the pasta was boiling, then throw the pasta back in and stir it all up for 45 seconds. Theory being that the spaghetti will absorb the gravy better that way, and damned if it didn't work. You know how sometimes when you get near the middle of the bowl, you've run out of sauce? Not when you do it this way. So simple, yet I never tried it before. :confused:
Update:This worked like a charm. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Remember when Ralphie was showing Jackie Jr. his "pasta technique'...? I tried it tonight. :bag: Gotta say, it worked great.For those who don't remember, you drain the pasta when it's done. Then you put some butter and gravy (or "sauce" for the Meddigan in the crowd ;) ) back into the pan where the pasta was boiling, then throw the pasta back in and stir it all up for 45 seconds. Theory being that the spaghetti will absorb the gravy better that way, and damned if it didn't work. You know how sometimes when you get near the middle of the bowl, you've run out of sauce? Not when you do it this way. So simple, yet I never tried it before. :lmao:
Update:This worked like a charm. :bowtie: :thumbup:
Doing it again as we speak. The only time we'll bump this thread is when we have some Italian food cooking.See you this weekend when I throw down a crock pot full of spicy meatballs for the Super Bowl. :excited:

Remember when Ralphie was showing Jackie Jr. his "pasta technique'...? I tried it tonight. :bag: Gotta say, it worked great.For those who don't remember, you drain the pasta when it's done. Then you put some butter and gravy (or "sauce" for the Meddigan in the crowd ;) ) back into the pan where the pasta was boiling, then throw the pasta back in and stir it all up for 45 seconds. Theory being that the spaghetti will absorb the gravy better that way, and damned if it didn't work. You know how sometimes when you get near the middle of the bowl, you've run out of sauce? Not when you do it this way. So simple, yet I never tried it before. :popcorn:
Update:This worked like a charm. :bag: :lmao:
Doing it again as we speak. The only time we'll bump this thread is when we have some Italian food cooking.See you this weekend when I throw down a crock pot full of spicy meatballs for the Super Bowl. :excited:
Sounds like a plan! :lmao: :thumbup: "It's like ####### Grand Central Station here!"

Remember when Ralphie was showing Jackie Jr. his "pasta technique'...? I tried it tonight. :bag: Gotta say, it worked great.For those who don't remember, you drain the pasta when it's done. Then you put some butter and gravy (or "sauce" for the Meddigan in the crowd ;) ) back into the pan where the pasta was boiling, then throw the pasta back in and stir it all up for 45 seconds. Theory being that the spaghetti will absorb the gravy better that way, and damned if it didn't work. You know how sometimes when you get near the middle of the bowl, you've run out of sauce? Not when you do it this way. So simple, yet I never tried it before. :goodposting:
Update:This worked like a charm. :thumbup: :thumbup:
I just wanted to chime in that this is the type of thing that always made the show so authentic to me. It always reminds me of how much of a Meddigan I married cause her family always wants me to just dump the sauce on the pasta once it's on the plate as if they're at the freaking Olive Garden or something. Grandma always did it that way and that's how it needs to be done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fans of this show will love this...

Go to google and type in: the sopranos, uncensored

Click link #2. It's 27 minutes of nothing but the rapid-fire cuss words that A&E edits out of the show. Pretty funny.

jdoggydogg said:
Fans of this show will love this...

Go to google and type in: the sopranos, uncensored

Click link #2. It's 27 minutes of nothing but the rapid-fire cuss words that A&E edits out of the show. Pretty funny.
:confused: :shrug: :lmao:

God, the end of that episode is so chilling. The look on Christopher's face when he and Tony hug following his daughter's baptism was so vacant. There was nothing left. It was then that you knew for certainty that it was not going to end well with them.

Watched the one when Fin finds out that Vito is a fanooch. The part when Fin, Tony and kids are out to dinner and Fin pays....why does tony get mad and give Fin the big speech ? Is that a mob thing, an Italian thing or just a Tony thing?

Watched the one when Fin finds out that Vito is a fanooch. The part when Fin, Tony and kids are out to dinner and Fin pays....why does tony get mad and give Fin the big speech ? Is that a mob thing, an Italian thing or just a Tony thing?
I can only speak from the Italian side, but that same kind of thing has happened my entire life. Its a respect thing I think. If Im out to dinner with my family, I am never allowed to go to my pocket. Now that I have my own money, I would love to treat sometimes, but its like a war at the table when that check comes, and I always lose.

A&E just started running season 1 againSo great. Possibly the best television of all time
This morning was the final episode of The West Wing on Bravo. I watched the entire series between Halloween and now, 2 episodes per morning. Another great show.

I think tomorrow should be the great "Next time you come heavy, or you dont come at all" line by Junior to Tony

And then it ends with "Hijack.....Bye Jack" by Mikey as hes wacking Brendan

Users who are viewing this thread