What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (3 Viewers)

Ross Barkley Man of the Match so far today. Beautiful assist to Morata and an even better left footed goal from outside the box. 

Still just 24. Hes been every bit as good as Kovacic, who he's competing with for the third medifeld spot. 
With Loftus-Cheek scoring a hat trick a few days ago against BATE, these three are giving Sarri some difficult decisions to make. 

Not watching the NFL game - what does it look like?  This is the 3rd NFL game in the last 3 weeks, so I imagine the pitch will be pretty rough.

I am not sure why they did not move the match to Manchester and either have played it yesterday or Tomorrow - so as not to conflict with United. 
No clue, I have no interest in the NFL anymore...

Sinn Fein said:
yeah - Puel has spoken - sad but very much alive.

Latest news is "Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha was on board the the helicopter which crashed outside the stadium. The owner's daughter, two pilots and an unidentified fifth person were also on board."

I don't think anyone has said there were no survivors, but its unlikely there were any survivors.  There are reports of a policeman running up to the downed helicopter immediately after impact, but that he was forced back by the ensuing explosion.
What we know so far

• Leicester City owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha is believed to have been among at least five people on board the Agusta Westland AW169 helicopter that crashed outside the King Power Stadium

•The Guardian understands five people were onboard the helicopter and there were no survivors

•It is understood that there were no casualties on the ground
https://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2018/oct/28/leicester-city-helicopter-crash-latest-updates

I grew up with three different people who lost their dads in helicopter crashes. They scare the bejeezus out of me.

Eta. :( Feel terrible for Leicester 

Last edited by a moderator:
Names confirmed: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leicestershire-46013381

Leicester owner among them.

Thopras and all that...

I love helicopters myself, was licensed at one point, and they are generally "safe"... but obviously, things can go wrong.
I'm sure. Just describimg my own reaction to them. Motorcycles too...saw a terrible crash when I was 5 or 6- been freaked out by them ever since.

One of the post game reports showed the helicopter taking off from midfield, right behind the commentators...chilling.

I'm on a bullet train to Madrid. There's a Leganes Copa Del Rey game there tomorrow. Might check it out. I really wish Atleti had a game. 

The Spanish paper I'm reading is scathing. Rough translate: Madrid has run dry since Ronaldo left and took his 50 gols with him. Meanwhile, Courtois brought his gols allowed and the ones Kaylor Navas would have saved. 

I thought Pogba was a #### during his run up to take his Pen - but Luke Shaw put it better:

Luke Shaw‏Verified account @LukeShaw23

Make a comeback in your career and renew your contract. #ThingsYouCanDoDuringPogbasPenaltyRunUp
Even my wife cheered out loud when Pickford blocked the PK (and then we both groaned on the rebound).

#### him and that run-up.

I'm not watching el clásico. Is it as lopsided as the score suggests?
Barcelona dominated the first half.  Real Madrid switched to the 3 at the back at halftime and had a brilliant start to the second.  Unlucky not to pull even and Marcelo was rampant.  Barcelona eventually settled back in and Real couldn't handle it.  

The Busquets-Rakitic-Arthur midfield is doing very well right now

lol... checking the feed- totts brings in supersub harry winks for dier. city is forced to counter by removing kun for kdb. 

geez, how do you miss that???

ETA: tbf, it did bounce up because of the pitch...

Slapdash said:
Barcelona dominated the first half.  Real Madrid switched to the 3 at the back at halftime and had a brilliant start to the second.  Unlucky not to pull even and Marcelo was rampant.  Barcelona eventually settled back in and Real couldn't handle it.  

The Busquets-Rakitic-Arthur midfield is doing very well right now
Yeah that was a nerve racking start to the second half. And then I couldn't believe they took Marcelo out. Thank the gods, old and new. 

Sebowski said:
Hey, @The Z Machine where should I watch the EPL game tonight in Madrid? 
Damn, I just saw this now. It's been over a decade since I was there, so my memory on place names is hazy.

For big fútbol matches (and for dining outside too), I liked to hang out at Plaza de Santa Ana, which is pretty centrally located, just east of Sol.

I recall watching some Prem at an English bar called James Joyce on Alcalá near Retiro.  There was another bar closer to Sol that I can't recall the name or location, but I watched the Trinidad - England WC2006 match there where that ####### Crouchy pulled the dudes dreds to score. I nearly got my ### kicked as I was pulling for T&T the whole time and talking a bunch of trash to the English fans. Maybe I'm lucky Crouch scored...

Users who are viewing this thread