What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (5 Viewers)

How was that not a goal?  He was lying in the side netting behind the post?
It was probably a goal.  But, I would not say it was conclusively a goal - even with the angle Jaysus just showed - its really hard to judge millimeters when looking at a ball and a line.

But, I think the real problem here is that the technology clearly did not work (was not existent) here - given that normally we would see the goal line graphic.  I wonder if the problem is not as simple as not all of the balls have the chip.  Typically, PL matches use only 1 ball for the entire match.  But, in the post-covid era - teams are using multiple balls and no ball boys.  So, maybe this particular ball does not have the appropriate chip.  :shrug:

It was probably a goal.  But, I would not say it was conclusively a goal - even with the angle Jaysus just showed - its really hard to judge millimeters when looking at a ball and a line.

But, I think the real problem here is that the technology clearly did not work (was not existent) here - given that normally we would see the goal line graphic.  I wonder if the problem is not as simple as not all of the balls have the chip.  Typically, PL matches use only 1 ball for the entire match.  But, in the post-covid era - teams are using multiple balls and no ball boys.  So, maybe this particular ball does not have the appropriate chip.  :shrug:
I would say it is conclusivly a goal, even in the angle Jaysus just showed its clearly behind the post.  However, you may be right in the ball issue.  VAR should of taken a look if GLT failed.  

Last edited by a moderator:
:lmao:

Mike Keegan@MikeKeegan_DM·51m

Bombshell from Jamie Redknapp who says the ref's watch went off and told him it was a goal at half-time.

Perhaps the WiFi's been furloughed...

Bad for Sheffield United, but still pretty funny, if the GLT worked, albeit on a delayed reaction.

:lmao:

Mike Keegan@MikeKeegan_DM·51m

Bombshell from Jamie Redknapp who says the ref's watch went off and told him it was a goal at half-time.

Perhaps the WiFi's been furloughed...

Bad for Sheffield United, but still pretty funny, if the GLT worked, albeit on a delayed reaction.
Ms Lowe just said that report was not true and the buzzing was a test of the system.

David Luiz is already in mid-season form.

At fault for first goal, Pen conceded for the second, and a red card to top it off.

David Luiz is already in mid-season form.

At fault for first goal, Pen conceded for the second, and a red card to top it off.
I can't stand David Luiz.  Couldn't happen to a bigger D-bag.  I just hope he can stay at Arsenal for several more years.  This performance could ensure his summer exit.  

per BBC:

After clattering into his Manchester City team-mate Eric Garcia against Arsenal, which saw the Spanish defender stretchered off, goalkeeper Ederson has just tweeted a picture with the 19-year-old to say that he's "well and back" after being taken to hospital.

:thumbup:

So the score of the Real Madrid popped up on my phone, I looked and thought, wait didnt RM play within the last two days, Ronaldo missed a PK...

:hot:  Ronaldo is on JUVENTUS you  :censored:

I am so glad futbol is back

:bag:

Spurs are so bad.  And won't spend any money to plug the leaks.

Foyth and Tanganga injured.  Looks like Lucas Moura may now also be injured.  Lo Celso coming off an injury and can't start.  Spurs have only 1 healthy RB and 1 LB - to get through the next 9 matches...

Maybe a loss today will be enough to kill off any lingering hopes.

:bag:

Spurs are so bad.  And won't spend any money to plug the leaks.

Foyth and Tanganga injured.  Looks like Lucas Moura may now also be injured.  Lo Celso coming off an injury and can't start.  Spurs have only 1 healthy RB and 1 LB - to get through the next 9 matches...

Maybe a loss today will be enough to kill off any lingering hopes.
It's almost enough to feel bad for Jose. Almost.

Nice goal by Spurs, poor defending by McGuire and bad keeping by De Gea.  Some good things from United, some less then good.  Waiting for Pogba to come on to see how he is and play with Bruno.

LOL!!!!!

Moss is gonna Moss

ETA: Would've been more fun to see Jose's meltdown if it was upheld.

OK, thanks.

El Floppo said:
So Arsenal.
I live and die with the Bills.  This kind of loss would seriously #### up my entire week and probably then some.  I'm not as emotionally invested in Arsenal but I'm still sitting here genuinely mad at this fiasco.  

That Harry Kane kid is one to watch.

On a side note, Mourinho has now made use of 5 subs - albeit it took two full games...

Tomorrow's United v Sheffield will be huge

United need to win to put pressure on Chelsea and a stumbling Leicester, put some distance between themselves, Sheffield and Tottenham and keep Wolverhampton from jumping them.

Sheffield needs a win after two poor games in the restart and keep the pressure on United, Wolverhampton and Tottenham.

Tomorrow's United v Sheffield will be huge

United need to win to put pressure on Chelsea and a stumbling Leicester, put some distance between themselves, Sheffield and Tottenham and keep Wolverhampton from jumping them.

Sheffield needs a win after two poor games in the restart and keep the pressure on United, Wolverhampton and Tottenham.
Sheffield are in a really tough spot - they simply are not deep enough to keep up with all the games.  I expect they will fall all the way out of Europe positions - but still. a great season, and they would have done well if the season was not chopped up.

Sheffield are in a really tough spot - they simply are not deep enough to keep up with all the games.  I expect they will fall all the way out of Europe positions - but still. a great season, and they would have done well if the season was not chopped up.
True, and it won't help that their starting CB is suspended for tomorrow's game and their Keeper won't be available since he's on loan from United.

Its been a great season for them and they probably will be hurt most by the break and condensed schedule to finish.  They should still be top half, but doubtful they hold on.  

United, Tottenham, Burnely, Wolves, Chelsea, Leicester, Everton, & Southampton to end the season

United up 2-0 at the half.  Martial with the brace, Rashford misses a sitter, McGuire has a goal called back, Bruno hasn't been sharp.  Overall good half for United.

Sheffield struggling to get in the game. 

Users who are viewing this thread