What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (6 Viewers)

Nice game.  3-0 win for United.  Martial hat trick, his first and the first one for United in 7 years.  Rashford 2 assists.

Pogba looked like he was just playing as part of the team.  Bruno wasn't sharp but still was fine.  Rashford should have had a goal or 2 but was good otherwise.  The attacking 5 looked good as a group and Matic was solid holding.

De Gea not tested.  Some minor complaints but nothing bad.  Decisive win.

Stay ahead of Wolves on gd and ahead of Tottenham and Sheffield on points.  6 behind Leicester becomes interesting with the final game of the season being United Leicseter.  2 behind Chelsea who plays City tomorrow.  Chelsea also have matchups vs Sheffield,  Liverpool and Wolves to go.

Thanks to whoever put up that link of full matches in the Discussion thread in March I finally watched the full final of the 2-1 Milan revenge match in the CL Title against 'pool. Some quick observations

Maldini still looks as intense now as he did back then

I lost count how many times Pippo Inzaghi was offsides but then again we all know he was born offsides

The first Milan Goal was from a FK by Pirlo that hit Pippo in the arm unintentionally. Today I think VAR would've ruled it a no goal despite zero intent as I believe it'd had gone in anyway

Kaka put on a sweet spin move in the open field and absolutely school a sliding Steven Gerrard who looked perplexed after. Dude thought he had a clear tackle and get the ball and this young Brazilian kid just absolutely shows him up. This Kaka Kid is kind of good. Future Ballon D'oro winner someday in the near future. 

The second Milan goal in the 2nd half was great. I believe it was Gattuso or Prilo who threaded a nice through ball that split the Liverpool defense. Zero defending. Pippo had a hard angle to hit it in but the defense did no favors for the poor keeper here

I forgot how late Liverpool scored and it was such a fluky goal too off a bunch of volley's on a free kick that I see 9 out of 10 times the final guy heads it over the net

Gattuso without his long mane looks a little weird after all these years seeing him with it

Seeing how happy Silvio and Company and Carlo Ancelloti were I haven't seen those joys of happiness like that in some time. 

I joined the Milan party late so I never realized how good Kaladze was

Guys got away with a lot more diving back then

They also were allowed to play a lot more physical and this was just 13 yrs ago. 

The PA announcer was funny. It was in English but he had to call like 4 times you could hear in the background for an Uncle to get his nephew, two Uncles getting their nephew twice, and a 3rd time for something else. Not sure why I was so amused by it but I was 

Lazio blow up a 2-0 lead at half time to these cats from Atalanta and lose 3-2. Dam good match with Matteo Bonetti and Marc Donaldson on the call for ESPN again. Love watching all this Calcio right now on ESPN. 

Pulisic has now scored 7 EPL goals this year.  That's the most in the competition of anyone aged 21 or younger.

He's only started 13 EPL games too.  

So inter.

CL spot and everything. Wish they could be more like Milan and not have to worry about all this European travel. Smart business by them to avoid covid and winning stuff 
We felt bad and felt it was unfair to you guys to be winning so much so we decided to take a break for a bit

So now City, instead of beating Liverpool and delaying the inevitable afor another game, have to provide them with a Guard of Honor.

Not a great game over the weekend for United at lowly Norwich.  But was expected when reports of Lingard being involved.  8 changes from mid week and the flow wasn't there.  I really want Bailly to win a spot next to McGuire but his performance wasn't the best.  His speed and aggression is needed next to McGuire but he needs to take it from Lindelof.

Bruno didn't have the best game, mostly because those in front of him didn't read the game like he does.  Several passes, flicks etc didn't come off, especially when trying to workj with Lingard.  They obviously got better as the subs came in: Rashford, Pogba, Martial, Greenwood and of course Norwich going down a man.

As much as I would love to see a PK lineup of Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, Bruno and Pogba, never want to go to PKs vs Krul.  PK Master

Bruno going 120 mins may hurt tomorrow vs Brighton.  Expect to see the top lineup to put pressure on Chelsea and Leicester....

I know most leagues I'm seeing some goals do to out of form and other things but Calcio AKA Serie A the goals have been high quality since the restart. Not a lot of sloppy play other then the first match for most. Most clubs looked incredible prepared technically and physically 

Entertaining first half. Costa with an own goal and a saved penalty (that Atletico was allowed to retake). I wish those VAR officials were watching Real Madrid's recent games...

United looked very good today.  Fernandes is a star
He really is making this team go.  The articles are coming out comparing his impact to Cantona's arrival.

That 3rd goal was so pretty to watch.  That is how you counter attack.  Matic with a perfect pass and seeing Greenwood on the ball in space with Rashford, Martial and Bruno screaming toward the box.  Gives a keerper nightmares. 

Heck De Gea of old even showed up late with a couple nice saves.

If Pogba just plays like he can, that front 5 can run with anyone, esp the way Greenwood is developing.  If he can own the right wing, a $110M move for Sancho becomes less likely.  I still think they should go after him to create competition and it also improves the depth.

Their top 11 can play with anyone I think.  Some debate on Shaw and the CB pair (lack of pace, maybe Bailly answers that next to McGuire) and Matic (whos proving to be perfect behind Pogba/Bruno).  Their depth needs some help which is why Sancho is worth it on many levels.

Users who are viewing this thread