What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (5 Viewers)

Liverpool wins title - gets drunk, gets beat by City.

City celebrates win over Liverpool, gets drunk, gets beat by Southampton.

Everton about to capitalize?

Hopefully Greenwood stepping up means we never see Lingard again in a game that matters.  Mason has been fantastic since the start back.

That front 5 looks very good and dangerous at the moment.  If they can keep Pogba happy and engaged (not easy to do) then you could argue that the attack is set in the starting XI.  If Tominay continues to progress I could see him being the first chose DM over Matic - maybe Fred who has played better this year.  Seem like that would leave Lindelof and Shaw as the two most likely positions needing an upgrade.  Priority has to be a top CB for the offseason, IMO.
I would stop at the bolded.  It is time for him to move on.  But a team with title asparations can not have him in the squad.  Bruno 7g/6a in 13 games.  Lingard 2g/2a in all comp for the season.  None of those in the EPL.

I do agree with the rest.  They have a starting 11 that can run with anyone.  They need to bring in depth so their second team is as good.  I would still like Sancho, a DM, a CM, a CB.  Creates competition and pushes everyone to get better and compete every game.  

Matic is doing well and just extended his contract.  31 years old they need to find the next guy.  If its McT or Garner or bringing someone in.  

Williams looks the part, needs a run but they are winning with Shaw so its hard to get Williams in.  

Almost forgot - Bailly almost single-handedly let Bournemouth back in it.  The penalty was an idiotic decision (even if the back pass was horrible) and he let a player in behind him soon after and just got lucky with the offside.  I think between his injuries and mental lapses that it's time to look elsewhere.  I think I'd rather keep Lindelof as the 3rd choice.
Horrible pass and a poor way to get the sub involved in the game right off.  He has the pace and skill to play along side McGuire but the injuries haven't let him settle as well as I would have hoped.  He has toned down the reckless side so he has improved.  Too bad since he and AWB could be tremendous on the right.  I saw someone note a left sided center half would be better to allow McGuire to play on the right.  Maybe, but either way it does look like a CB is needed.

With Rashford, Martial, Greenwood and Sancho you have 4 players that can rotate and push each other to be better.  With the injuries Martial and Rashford had, depth is needed for sure.  

Sarge and Bremen appear to have saved their bundesliga lives. Up 2-1 deep into extra time, scoring the go ahead goal in the 94th. Sarge went most of the 90 before subbing out.

Sarge and Bremen appear to have saved their bundesliga lives. Up 2-1 deep into extra time, scoring the go ahead goal in the 94th. Sarge went most of the 90 before subbing out.
Lol!

Penalty given in the 96th to tie things up and send it into...dunno. pks? Extra period? Away goals give Bremen the win? No idea.

And fwiw...I was not a mount fan pre covid. Fine player, but not CL level.

But he has been fantastic post covid...I'm sold.

Holy hell...what a strike by Saha!

Kepa should've handled that a bit better...but incredible rocket.

Reece James has looked poor post covid...like, shouldn't be playing poor...based on the few games I've watched.

Kepa should've handled that a bit better...but incredible rocket.

Reece James has looked poor post covid...like, shouldn't be playing poor...based on the few games I've watched.
Funny because I happened to read your comment right after I watched James lose the ball again.

Matteo Bonetti

@BonettiESPN

Rare horrific performance from Juve's defense – 1st goal: Bonucci handball – 2nd goal: Ibra comfortably holds off Rugani, Kessie dribbles by Bonucci and scores – 3rd goal: With Rugani in front of him, Leao finds the angle and finishes – 4th goal: Alex Sandro terrible back pass

Matteo Bonetti

@BonettiESPN

Milan have now lost just once in their last 10 matches. Since then: • Two draws against Juventus in Coppa Italia • A 3-0 win against Lazio at Stadio Olimpico • A 2-0 win against Roma • A 4-2 victory against Juventus Stefano Pioli deserves more

Matteo Bonetti

@BonettiESPN

Rare horrific performance from Juve's defense – 1st goal: Bonucci handball – 2nd goal: Ibra comfortably holds off Rugani, Kessie dribbles by Bonucci and scores – 3rd goal: With Rugani in front of him, Leao finds the angle and finishes – 4th goal: Alex Sandro terrible back pass

Matteo Bonetti

@BonettiESPN

Milan have now lost just once in their last 10 matches. Since then: • Two draws against Juventus in Coppa Italia • A 3-0 win against Lazio at Stadio Olimpico • A 2-0 win against Roma • A 4-2 victory against Juventus Stefano Pioli deserves more
so making a push for the top half of the table then?

Imagine if they had Pioli all year. Might have lucked our way into the top 4 if certain results went our way. We're finally doing what we couldn't and that's beat bad clubs. Besides the hiccup against SPAL. And playing competitive futboll vs the better half clubs. Was fully expecting a loss with some BS PK going the little Old Lady's way again 

Very much a lack of excitement from this group on todays games..

City 4-0 Newcastle  70'

Sheffield 0-0 Wolves 69'

West Ham 0-1 Burnley 71'

BHA v Liverpool in an hour...

B Maverick said:
Very much a lack of excitement from this group on todays games..

City 4-0 Newcastle  70'

Sheffield 0-0 Wolves 69'

West Ham 0-1 Burnley 71'

BHA v Liverpool in an hour...
City win 5-0

Sheffield score at the death to win 1-0

Burnley wins 1-0

Sheffield United is a great story. Its not quite Leicester City winning the title, but not too far distant from that in terms of probability for a newly-promoted club to be a c-hair away from playing in Europe next season.  They're only 1 point out of 6th place and a Europa League spot assuming City's ban holds.

United have a CL spot in their own hands now after Leicester’s draw yesterday.  Win out and they are in.  They’ve looked great since the restart but with how things have gone the last several years I’m not taking anything for granted.

El Floppo said:
Just saw Ibra's quote today. He said Juve were lucky because if I (Ibra) was there all year we'd have won the league." 

I love this guy. When he came back to training he posted a pic of him with the guys and it read GOD and His students. 

Tyler Twellman tweeted the other day that most of the MLS Clubs didn't want FC Dallas at the tournament after staff and players had positive tests. Didn't believe FC Dal had taken proper safety measures serious enough. Said there's some talk that Nashville might be asked not to compete for similar reasons. 

I hope MLS is getting paid a ton for that huge adidas logo in the center circle.  One of our local youth clubs has the same. Strikes me as somewhat low rent but they undoubtedly need every dollar of revenue they can squeeze out of this. 

I hope MLS is getting paid a ton for that huge adidas logo in the center circle.  One of our local youth clubs has the same. Strikes me as somewhat low rent but they undoubtedly need every dollar of revenue they can squeeze out of this. 

It is a TV image.  It is not painted on the field.

It’s terrible looking but I can’t blame any of these leagues for doing whatever it takes to make money at this point. 

It’s terrible looking but I can’t blame any of these leagues for doing whatever it takes to make money at this point. 
I like how you don’t see it from some cameras.  And your team sucks (if you root for Orlando).

I don’t really care - I just need to talk crap to about sports to somebody.

Users who are viewing this thread