What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (4 Viewers)

That was an amazing meltdown by Fulham. Mitro might be in trouble.
Clearly. Ronaldo received a 5-game ban for pushing an official. I expect something similar here.

Honestly won't mean much to Fulham though as they are in 9th and 12 points clear of 12th place. I guess it might impact their try for Europe but they looked to be fading away from that race anyway.

Clearly. Ronaldo received a 5-game ban for pushing an official. I expect something similar here.

Honestly won't mean much to Fulham though as they are in 9th and 12 points clear of 12th place. I guess it might impact their try for Europe but they looked to be fading away from that race anyway.

I’m still unsure why he and Silva lost their minds. It wasn’t even close and was an obvious red and PK. 11 v 10 who knows what happens as they had been the better side but 11 v 9 was always going one way.

I’m still unsure why he and Silva lost their minds. It wasn’t even close and was an obvious red and PK. 11 v 10 who knows what happens as they had been the better side but 11 v 9 was always going one way.
Saw the post-game interview with Silva. He stated he didn't say anything worthy of being sent off. He admits to leaving his technical area but felt like that should be no more than a yellow.

Mitro was just madness. He looked determined to make sure he was sent marching as if the game was dusted already with Fulham still up 1-0. Mitro gonna Mitro.

Saw the post-game interview with Silva. He stated he didn't say anything worthy of being sent off. He admits to leaving his technical area but felt like that should be no more than a yellow.

Mitro was just madness. He looked determined to make sure he was sent marching as if the game was dusted already with Fulham still up 1-0. Mitro gonna Mitro.

Announcer said there’s apparently a rule that you can’t approach the ref like that when he’s going to video. Sounded like an auto-red although I could see being lenient in that case, unlike Mitrovic who was just a total idiot. Honestly, if I’m a Fulham player I’m probably not too mad at Willian but I would be at Mitro - it was just so dumb and childish.

That was a crazy few mins for Fulham. They had this game won and fell apart. Have to wonder if Willian doesn't handle the ball and the game is level 1-1, does Fulham go on to win? They had control and were the better side.

As usual United plays at the speed of Maguire. Slow and without movement or creativity. McT has no positional awareness and no idea how to pass off players.
They missed Casemiro badly. They need to address that in the summer. Find an heir to the DM....

Weghorst has no power in his shots. Its amazing.

Can't think of a match I've attended in person with more time wasting than New York Red Bulls tonight. Particularly bad because of a lot of it was before they even scored a goal. Painful to watch

STL City up 3-0 late and looking to go 5-0-0 on the year, matching an overall record for ANY team in MLS (not just expansion).

STL @ Seattle in 2 weeks going to be amazing!

jesus, almost every year it seems Dortmund has the chance to finally unseat Bayern only to absolutely gag in the biggest moments. Already down three.

Scotland may have something with this McTominay kid. Comes on as a sub and scores two last week, now has 2 more vs Spain. Someone should look to sign him quick!
Well, I guess playing him in the 10 behind Weghorst was not a good idea.

United looked lifeless and uninterested. Bruno playing deep, Mct in the 10 and there was no one feeding Rashford. Antony struggled with the 8 ft tall left back. Only good players were Martinez and De Gea. In a game that could secure top 4, United failed miserably. 2 games in hand now become more important as Spurs are level and have the GD.

I literally shouted shoot before Keane took a horrible low percentage shot so I'm claiming an assist for the Everton equaliser
I stopped paying attention online a man and a goal down.

that's not a good result for Leeds... pushes them into the drop.
What a relegation battle. 1 win can jump a team up to 13th (WHU went from 19th to 14th with a win).
it's going to be a fun ride for the neutrals... but absolute gut/heart-busting for any of those fans.

Leeds up to 13 as they beat Forrest 2-1. Forrest now in 17th....
Leicester lose to stay in 19th...

I want Forrest and Leeds to stay up.

Chelsea and Liverpool draw 0-0

Tomorrow, WHU v Newcastle and United v Brentford. Big games for the CL spots.

Wham/Toon game been a decent watch for the neutral
The exact opposite of most Newcastle games this year, where we’ve been good but not clinical. Today, it’s sloppy but clinical. Hopefully Eddie gets them right at halftime because the Hammers look more than capable today.

Burnley will promote back to the PL this evening with a win against Boro, after Luton dropped points this lunchtime. I'd be fine with that obviously. Meanwhile we're 1 up at half time, creating some decent chances but could do with a second to close it out

Wrexham fall behind 2-1 late @CletiusMaximus , falling to a point back of 1st if results hold but still with a game in hand. Ipswich battering Wycombe and were top of the table until Plymouth scored as I was typing this. Still sitting 2nd as things stand. Need Oxford United to hold onto the draw against Wednesday.

ETA: I had the math wrong. Wrexham are tied on points but behind on GD.

Doesn’t need to be said but I’ll say it anyway - the NYCFC pitch is embarrassing. It’s like watching high school soccer - so ****ing stupid.

At least there is finally light at the end of the tunnel.....

Yeah - will be happy for their fans. Game ended up being entertaining even when the red card. The small field actually helped Atlanta after getting the red card (which was deserved). Hoping Sands is ok.

Doesn’t need to be said but I’ll say it anyway - the NYCFC pitch is embarrassing. It’s like watching high school soccer - so ****ing stupid.

At least there is finally light at the end of the tunnel.....

Yeah - will be happy for their fans. Game ended up being entertaining even when the red card. The small field actually helped Atlanta after getting the red card (which was deserved). Hoping Sands is ok.
Hey.. the pitch may be **** and small, but at least there's not a good seat in the house for fans.

Its the absolute worst.

We as at Willets point for floppinhas tennis today. Mets were playing, and it was mayhem for our friend driving in, who gave us a ride afterwards to an alternate subway stop to avoid the masses of emptying mets fans on the 7. When NYCs stadium gets built, there will be Mets, NYCFC AND US open happening at the same time every August. Going to be flat out disastrous.

And yet... Infinitely better than seeing any game at Yankee stadium.

When NYCs stadium gets built, there will be Mets, NYCFC AND US open happening at the same time every August. Going to be flat out disastrous.

Sounds no worse than trying to get away from Wembley after a match, the ballache that is getting the tube post game with the kickoff time is why I'm not going to the semi

Nobody watching Liverpool implode following the aperitif of Leeds falling apart again then?

What a weekend of games. Arsenal potentially throwing away the title while Liverpool fans play the victims again. BHU screwed by the refs/VAR and get yet another empty apology.
Palace moving closer to Chelsea than relegation. Chelsea closer to relegation than top 4, more movement in the relegation battle....

Arsenal potentially throwing away the title
They were very lucky to get a draw. Liverpool were dominant for the last hour, after Xhaka stirred things up.

Haven't seen the xG but I bet Liverpool crushed it.

ETA: Liverpool 5.1(!!) - 1.6 Arsenal. Even without the PK attempt 4-2 would have been a fair score.

Users who are viewing this thread