What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2009 Anarchy League 4 (1 Viewer)

benbadman said:
At first I found that pick a bit of a reach, but Clark was TE2 in this 2PPR-TE scoring format in 2008, and TE6 in 2007 (11 TDs but less catches). Clark is a safe TE pick compared to Gonzo (new team / system / 33) and Gates (declining production 07 and 08).I've seen Kellen Winslow go in round 2 in these Anarchy 2009 drafts, so wonder who will bite on the Soldier.
I think I could have swapped my first two picks and got them both still so Clark going "in the first" isn't a real issue in my mind...the WR talent in AZ and Warner made that pick pretty easy....they should get back to the playoffs by winning that crappy division.....also considered SD team QB with one of the picks.....my RB's and WR's may be the sucks....but you gotta start somewhere...........
For some strange reason I wanted the Chargers QB also. Even though I heard something yesterday that Norv Turner offenses have run more than pass in 17 of 20 years, so last year was an abberration, still it is nice to have those QB points locked in. And the Chargers have to be the easiest team in football to make the playoffs with 3 rebuilding teams in their division (Raiders, Chiefs, Broncos).Still happy with LT, we'll see what QBs are left in rounds 3/4.

benbadman said:
At first I found that pick a bit of a reach, but Clark was TE2 in this 2PPR-TE scoring format in 2008, and TE6 in 2007 (11 TDs but less catches). Clark is a safe TE pick compared to Gonzo (new team / system / 33) and Gates (declining production 07 and 08).I've seen Kellen Winslow go in round 2 in these Anarchy 2009 drafts, so wonder who will bite on the Soldier.
it took me awhile to decide on this pick....being at the end, with my first two picks I was pretty set on getting a top TE and a top QB team as I knew neither would make it back to me at 3/4....in this format I think it is important to have a top player at each of these positions.....Clark was the pick over the other available TE's for almost exactly the reasons mentioned above.....Gates always seems dinged....and Gonzo is going to a new team with a new system and I am not sure how he will be used....it just seemed to me that ATL didn't go to the TE much anymore/last year (they let Crumpler go prior year)... I know they will draw up some things for Gonzo, but I decided to go with what I thought was the "surest" thing after Witten and that is Clark...I know what I will get from him....plus I do think with Manning Indy always has a very high chance of making the playoffs....I think I could have swapped my first two picks and got them both still so Clark going "in the first" isn't a real issue in my mind...the WR talent in AZ and Warner made that pick pretty easy....they should get back to the playoffs by winning that crappy division.....also considered SD team QB with one of the picks.....my RB's and WR's may be the sucks....but you gotta start somewhere...........
For what it is worth, I almost went for Gonzo or Gates in the first round, but opted to take WR in hopes that Clark would be there for me early in the second. I think he stands a solid chance of finishing right with Witten when it is all said and done. I was hoping to corner the market on Indy's best recievers. Oh well, onto plan B. I suppose Gonzo is a nice consolation prize, assuming that he gets a solid workload in ATL.

geoff8695 is on the clock past 4 hours... he listed an AOL instant messenger nickname, i sent him an IM and he denied he was in the league...

cool...are we on a timer now....if so how long..?...
not yet: Draft Pick Time Limit Turned: OffDY posted this in the league 3 thread.
4 hour pick limit. Timer shut off from Midnight to 8 AM Eastern time. Predraft if you suspect you will not be around for your pick.*** I DO NOT HAVE TIME TO BABYSIT ALL THE LEAGUES THIS YEAR ***So whatever the system gives teams as replacement picks, I will not be open to making changes like in prior years and there will be no resetting the draft back to that point. In other years, depending upon what happened, people that missed picks would be allowed to take someone else instead, but folks that predrafted argued that they should have been able to take someone else if the picks before them were changed, and so on and so forth. But I’m done having to sort all that out.

Last edited by a moderator:
cool...are we on a timer now....if so how long..?...
not yet: Draft Pick Time Limit Turned: OffDY posted this in the league 3 thread.
4 hour pick limit. Timer shut off from Midnight to 8 AM Eastern time. Predraft if you suspect you will not be around for your pick.*** I DO NOT HAVE TIME TO BABYSIT ALL THE LEAGUES THIS YEAR ***So whatever the system gives teams as replacement picks, I will not be open to making changes like in prior years and there will be no resetting the draft back to that point. In other years, depending upon what happened, people that missed picks would be allowed to take someone else instead, but folks that predrafted argued that they should have been able to take someone else if the picks before them were changed, and so on and so forth. But I’m done having to sort all that out.
Yes, I recently turned the timer on. Not sure if the clock starts from the last pick, the time I turned it on, or after the next pick is made though. Will send out an email.

where can you see the timer? I would like to see how much time this fella has left. Doesn't look like he has logged in, in a while.

where can you see the timer? I would like to see how much time this fella has left. Doesn't look like he has logged in, in a while.
there's a "draft status" module you can put on the league homepage. go to the "for owners" menu, then pick "franchise setup" -- from there, there's a home page setup link near the middle of the page. there's all kinds of modules you can add to your homepage -- one of them is "draft status". you can place them in whatever order on the page that you'd like. i have mine at the top of the wide column on the right.to answer your question, the timer expires in about 45 minutes...

there's a "draft status" module you can put on the league homepage. go to the "for owners" menu, then pick "franchise setup" -- from there, there's a home page setup link near the middle of the page. there's all kinds of modules you can add to your homepage -- one of them is "draft status". you can place them in whatever order on the page that you'd like. i have mine at the top of the wide column on the right.to answer your question, the timer expires in about 45 minutes...
very helpful thanks

to answer your question, the timer expires in about 45 minutes...
Should this come up, MFL works on 15 minute intervals, so a guy could technically time out at 4:16 but he won't officially time out until the system does a refresh at 4:30. Hopefully we won't get into this level of minutiae.

thanks for the help. I already had it and just didn't know where to look! Haha

found out I am leaving today and going to be gone all the way through Sunday! wow the sucks! guess I am going to have to make many early draft choices.

found out I am leaving today and going to be gone all the way through Sunday! wow the sucks! guess I am going to have to make many early draft choices.
you could send someone in another draft your pwd and some rankingsmaybe post in the other threads to find a volunteer

its showing that benm3218 is on FBG right now.....but he hasn't made his pick....????......i pm'd him but maybe some others should to to see if we can get him....this is the only way to contact him

its showing that benm3218 is on FBG right now.....but he hasn't made his pick....????......i pm'd him but maybe some others should to to see if we can get him....this is the only way to contact him
MFL shows him as being on there one minute ago. I assume he is making his pick right now....

I was really hoping for Green Bay TMQB to slide to me. I thought that if it was gone I would settle for Philly. On to plan C I guess. I just have to figure out what that is.

So far, I really like the Unique format for this. However, if my team sucks, then I may change my line.

Round 2 results

RB Steven Jackson

QB Arizona / Warner

RB Slaton

TE Gates

TE Gonzalez

WR Steve Smith

QB Rivers / Chargers

RB Tomlinson

RB Portis

RB Johnson Chris

WR Jennings

RB Ronnie Brown

WR Boldin

RB Westy

WR Roddy White

WR Welker (to the guy with Brady)

Round 3 in the books --

RB Brandon Jacobs

QB Green Bay

QB Philly

TE Greg Olson

QB Matt Schaub / Texans

WR Colston

TE Owen Daniels

RB Marion Barber

TE Cooley

RB Pierre Thomas

TE Winslow

WR Houzsh

WR Marshall

QB Falcons/ Ryan

WR Bowe

WR TO

Total drafted

10 QB 16 RB 16 WR 8 TE

I expect Fiddles to clean up in this league, as guys that are veterans to this format have a decent sized advantage. But you never know, anything could happen.

I expect Fiddles to clean up in this league, as guys that are veterans to this format have a decent sized advantage. But you never know, anything could happen.
Unfortunately, Warner's re-negotiated deal with satan expired at the end of last season, so Fiddles may have a tougher time than you think once Kurt goes down to injury sometime in week 2.

Unfortunately, Warner's re-negotiated deal with satan expired at the end of last season, so Fiddles may have a tougher time than you think once Kurt goes down to injury sometime in week 2.
i almost took welker instead of boldin so i didnt have all my eggs in one baskethopefully thats not a mistake

It may come sooner than that. The Cards 3rd preseason game is against the Steelers

please explain....sounds like you are pretty confident....."clean up"....but then back pedal....."anything could happen".....so why even say anything....you have covered your bases either way.....please explain why Fiddles should clean up and why veterans have an advantage...I think you said earlier you have seen all types of stratigies win....does he do them all at the same time or what....or was it based on his roster when you made the comment...if so...let us know why you thought that too...thanks...?

shader just got another 11 hours to make his second pick...after timing out on first....can we make his second and move on.....he has handicapped us now for like 16 hours by the time his next one runs out....not trying to be a ####...

please explain....sounds like you are pretty confident....."clean up"....but then back pedal....."anything could happen".....so why even say anything....you have covered your bases either way.....please explain why Fiddles should clean up and why veterans have an advantage...I think you said earlier you have seen all types of stratigies win....does he do them all at the same time or what....?
Anything can happen injury wise that clearly will impact the outcome. That's what I meant.Guys that have done this a number of times will have a better idea of things that will happen from Pick 1 to Pick 288. Nothing against the new guys, but things can start getting pretty interesting the further the draft goes.I don't know many of the new folks, so I suppose they could have a lot of experience in 16-team leagues. I've been in big leagues with Fiddles for years, so I know he does well in them. These leagues can be tough for guys used to 10-12 team leagues.I'd be surprised if Fiddles bombed, that's all.

shader just got another 11 hours to make his second pick...after timing out on first....can we make his second and move on.....he has handicapped us now for like 16 hours by the time his next one runs out....not trying to be a ####...
The timer is only 4 hours. Not his fault the clock is off at night.

Users who are viewing this thread