What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2009 Anarchy League 4 (2 Viewers)

I expect Fiddles to clean up in this league, as guys that are veterans to this format have a decent sized advantage. But you never know, anything could happen.
please explain....sounds like you are pretty confident....."clean up"....but then back pedal....."anything could happen".....so why even say anything....you have covered your bases either way.....please explain why Fiddles should clean up and why veterans have an advantage...I think you said earlier you have seen all types of stratigies win....does he do them all at the same time or what....?
Anything can happen injury wise that clearly will impact the outcome. That's what I meant.Guys that have done this a number of times will have a better idea of things that will happen from Pick 1 to Pick 288. Nothing against the new guys, but things can start getting pretty interesting the further the draft goes.

I don't know many of the new folks, so I suppose they could have a lot of experience in 16-team leagues. I've been in big leagues with Fiddles for years, so I know he does well in them. These leagues can be tough for guys used to 10-12 team leagues.

I'd be surprised if Fiddles bombed, that's all.
so barring injury...he has us....?you went from him "cleaning up" to "surprised if he bombs"......got that covered

from pick 1 to 288 he has us , especially when its gets "interesting later"...gotcha

and you've been in many leagues with fiddles....even though this is a pretty unique format....check....

not trying to call you out David....and I love you for the fact that you put the extra time into this stuff and get it organized...cause your a nut like the rest of us....but I am as competitive as the next guy and it just seemed like you were up on this guys nuts and then backpeddled....stick by it if you make your call...don't have injuries bail you out if he is that awesome....we all could have injuries....I'm going with your initial statement that you expect him to clean us up....with tons of RESPECT to you DY...seriously....cause you are part of the reason I come here... if I don't win...I hope I at least beat fiddles.....:poudschestatfiddlesgivinghimsammysosatypelove:........

DY...thanks for all you do for us here....seriously....

Last edited by a moderator:
I just love Stinkin Ref's competitive spirit....Now I think I just want to finish ahead of him. :goodposting:

Seriously, I really like Fiddle's team. I love the upside of OchoCinco in the 5th in this format. I wanted to take him in the 4th but I couldn't pull the trigger and hoped he would somehow slide to me at the end of the 5th. And obviously, I think the "Get 2 Top 10 TEs" is a good idea (and his are probably a hair better than mine as well).

And I am not trying to talk trash, just bounce some ideas off each other as the draft unfolds.

And I am very interested in the kind of Twists that such a deep draft will take late....That is why most of the leagues I am in are 16+ owner leagues.

I expect Fiddles to clean up in this league, as guys that are veterans to this format have a decent sized advantage. But you never know, anything could happen.
please explain....sounds like you are pretty confident....."clean up"....but then back pedal....."anything could happen".....so why even say anything....you have covered your bases either way.....please explain why Fiddles should clean up and why veterans have an advantage...I think you said earlier you have seen all types of stratigies win....does he do them all at the same time or what....?
Anything can happen injury wise that clearly will impact the outcome. That's what I meant.Guys that have done this a number of times will have a better idea of things that will happen from Pick 1 to Pick 288. Nothing against the new guys, but things can start getting pretty interesting the further the draft goes.

I don't know many of the new folks, so I suppose they could have a lot of experience in 16-team leagues. I've been in big leagues with Fiddles for years, so I know he does well in them. These leagues can be tough for guys used to 10-12 team leagues.

I'd be surprised if Fiddles bombed, that's all.
so barring injury...he has us....?you went from him "cleaning up" to "surprised if he bombs"......got that covered

from pick 1 to 288 he has us , especially when its gets "interesting later"...gotcha

and you've been in many leagues with fiddles....even though this is a pretty unique format....check....

not trying to call you out David....and I love you for the fact that you put the extra time into this stuff and get it organized...cause your a nut like the rest of us....but I am as competitive as the next guy and it just seemed like you were up on this guys nuts and then backpeddled....stick by it if you make your call...don't have injuries bail you out if he is that awesome....we all could have injuries....I'm going with your initial statement that you expect him to clean us up....with tons of RESPECT to you DY...seriously....cause you are part of the reason I come here... if I don't win...I hope I at least beat fiddles.....:poudschestatfiddlesgivinghimsammysosatypelove:........

DY...thanks for all you do for us here....seriously....
Wow, that was a surprise turn. I especially liked the man-love and the "up on his nuts" parts but I am going to go out on a limb and say that you might have read a bit too much into David's comment.

To summarize . . .

No pressure on Fiddles moving forward and Stinkin' Ref wants to take it outside.

Clearly folks have not kept up to date on the ongoing trash talking in some of the other leagues, so this is more funny than anything else.

Stinkin Ref said:
the bar has been set.....we got to take down fiddles....just havin a little fun boys...
We have no chance to compete with all of his experience and Yudkin stamp of approval. We are all just fighting for, at best, 2nd.

Running to a little golf tourney with my dad...I put in a couple of pre-drafts (but chances are they will be gone) but I may not be around for a few hours if it reaches me this morning (wishful thinking). But I will get on and draft as soon as I get back.

I've been unable toe get the MFL website to take my pick for the last 45 min. or so and now the timer has expired, but the MFL website still hasn't autodrafted for me either. I've just sent a PM to David to see if he will grant me my desired pick (MIN DEF). Just letting everyone know, and to see if anyone has any objections.

Geoff

I've been unable toe get the MFL website to take my pick for the last 45 min. or so and now the timer has expired, but the MFL website still hasn't autodrafted for me either. I've just sent a PM to David to see if he will grant me my desired pick (MIN DEF). Just letting everyone know, and to see if anyone has any objections.Geoff
as soon as it lets you make your pick we can be rollin as there are a bunch of pre drafts after you and then I a am ready............

anybody know whats up...why it won't take his pick?...leaving now but I will be back at 6:15 my time (8:15 est)

Here's a copy of the last PM I sent David:

Hey David,MFL is still stuck on my pick - I submitted it before the timer expired, but it wouldn't accept my pick (loss of communication with the website while pick was submitted), and then I couldn't get the website to respond to subsequent requests, and now the website won't even autopick for me although the timer is expired. I would still like the MIN DEF if possible.TIA,Geoff
He hasn't responded yet, but hopefully he can fix this mess when he checks back in to FBGs. I just wanted to post this here as well in case anyone takes issue with my requests. Just want to make sure no one will be upset...

I have been sitting here over an hour waiting for my turn...I will be back in an hour or so...I have no idea what the website is doing...

Well, I think that we can rule out shader from participating. he is starting threads in the SP about forming a dynasty league and has not checked into MFL for almost 2 1/2 days and his last two picks were autopicks.

DY please put him on autopick so that we do not have to wait 8 hours every time he is up.

Just glad that you are back....

Wish less AutoPicks were happening, but I am thankful to all of you that are still checked in.

Well, I think that we can rule out shader from participating. he is starting threads in the SP about forming a dynasty league and has not checked into MFL for almost 2 1/2 days and his last two picks were autopicks.DY please put him on autopick so that we do not have to wait 8 hours every time he is up.
he should be banned for next year

Just glad that you are back....Wish less AutoPicks were happening, but I am thankful to all of you that are still checked in.
it was tough being on the end a couple of times and whenit was my turn....I know this is free and just for bragging rights but I hate pre drafting because value can change quickly and you may want to go a different direction if you have time....

Just glad that you are back....Wish less AutoPicks were happening, but I am thankful to all of you that are still checked in.
it was tough being on the end a couple of times and whenit was my turn....I know this is free and just for bragging rights but I hate pre drafting because value can change quickly and you may want to go a different direction if you have time....
When the computer autopicked Lendale for you, you had logged onto MFL about 45 minutes before it timed out, but did not pick. Why did you not pick?

Wish less AutoPicks were happening, but I am thankful to all of you that are still checked in.
I agree with this 100%. I am sandwiched by most of the pre-drafters. If you are not careful, you could miss a run entirely. If I am going to be gone, I will set up the pre-draft, but once my turn is coming up and I know that I will be there then I remove my pre-draft players. I much prefer knowing exactly who I am taking.

I agree with this 100%. I am sandwiched by most of the pre-drafters. If you are not careful, you could miss a run entirely. If I am going to be gone, I will set up the pre-draft, but once my turn is coming up and I know that I will be there then I remove my pre-draft players. I much prefer knowing exactly who I am taking.
Exactly what I have been doing.

Well I contacted David and he said he would pick for me. SOrry if I slowed you guys down over the weekend. Is anyone else have problems with the pre picks? it has not picked by top player 3 times so far? raven qb, and lee were way down my list and I didn't have crabtree on the list and it still picked him? wierd.

Well I contacted David and he said he would pick for me. SOrry if I slowed you guys down over the weekend. Is anyone else have problems with the pre picks? it has not picked by top player 3 times so far? raven qb, and lee were way down my list and I didn't have crabtree on the list and it still picked him? wierd.
I started to pick for you but saw you had a pretty long list of players on your draft list. Did something go wrong and it started giving you people randomly?

Why is shader not on autopick? He has timed out multiple times and as of right now, he has been on the clock for over 2h 7m and last logged onto the site 1h 58m ago. I enjoy these drafts, but this is starting to get a little ridiculous.

agreed it would be great to get his pick in tonight so that we can roll in the mornig.....i'll stay on til 10 my time which is 12 est

Why is shader not on autopick? He has timed out multiple times and as of right now, he has been on the clock for over 2h 7m and last logged onto the site 1h 58m ago. I enjoy these drafts, but this is starting to get a little ridiculous.
It would have been nice. I dont get the logic of autopicking only the first of back to back picks. I guess I should be thankful that he has autopicked the first one a couple of times so that we only have to wait 4 hours at the turn instead of 8.

It would have been nice. I dont get the logic of autopicking only the first of back to back picks. I guess I should be thankful that he has autopicked the first one a couple of times so that we only have to wait 4 hours at the turn instead of 8.
He logged on to MFL while on the clock, but did not pick. Why?

i posted in his SP thread a few days ago and he pmed me to delete my post

i did with the upshot that he would pick when I pmed him he was up

that worked last round but not this round

no clue what his story is but hes out for future SLs

Stinkin Ref's Breakdown of his Stinkin Team and Other Draft Thoughts and Strategy:

Being at the end is tough in this format. You can miss out on runs if things go a little crazy. So my thoughts going in were to secure solid picks early and then maybe take some chances later. Also I was pretty set on going TE and QB with my first two picks since I think these two spots are crucial and I knew the pickens would be slim coming back down in 3/4 at these two positions.

1.15: Dallas Clark TE: As I mentioned earlier, after Witten I think he is about as safe as it gets, and obviously in this format if your are able to secure a solid TE, it helps your team. I think someone mentioned that Tony G was the highest scoring non QB in this league last year. I knew I was going to take a TE with one of my first two picks so I thought I mind as well do it first so I get the guy I want and so that shader doesn't take him. I realize many have Gates and Gonzo rated higher, I don't.

2.2: Arizona Team QB: Was pretty set on taking a QB here, thought about SD because I like their chances of making the playoffs, but decided on Arizona. In the end, it came down to I think AZ will play to their stregth no matter what they say about running more. Give me a NERF ball and those two WR's and I would probably go in the first or second rounds of most drafts. I wanted a piece of the AZ passing game.

3.15: Dwayne Bowe WR: WR's were coming off the board pretty quickly and I took a look at what might be there at 5/6 if I passed at this position...and I didn't like what I saw, so I felt the need to get at least one WR with my next two picks and I thought shader would for sure be taking a WR with one of his next two picks, so I took one here. I liked Bowe a little better than some of the WR's already taken and I think he will see a ton of balls this year as well as some red zone looks. I expect KC to move the ball and score more points, his numbers were pretty good already, so an increase should make it even better. Have a bad feeling about TO, so Bowe was the pick.

4.2: Braylon Edwards WR: Looking at some other drafts, I saw that some RB's I am pretty high on were going pretty late so I thought I could address them later. This might be my make or break pick. I think Edwards bounces back this year, don't know why, just do. He is the number #1 on a team that I think will be throwing a ton this year. I don't like the Brown's running game. Winslow is gone. Thought about Royal, but I am not sure whats going on in Denver. I have seen a big year from Braylon before and I think he can do it again.

So after 4...feeling okay...not great...RB will be an issue at this point no matter what

5.15: Roy Williams WR: Was pretty set on going RB/RB at this turn, but was a little surprised Roy was still around and in my own tiers I had a drop off after him. He is the #1 WR on a solid team, with a good QB and a solid running game and TE. With Owens gone, I think Roy becomes their playmaker. I thought shader would be taking another WR, so I snagged Roy as I think he is value here. Have basically committed to RB with next pick.

6.2: Larry Johnson RB: This is the player I was targeting when I committed to 3 WR' s and no RB's in my first 5 picks. I have three #1 WR's and I think LJ is a solid pick here and tremendous value. I really hope he keeps going this late in drafts. I could bore you with why I think he will return to a top back, but I won't.

7.15: Lendale White RB: I was hoping Lendale would make it back to me. This is not a sexy pick, but similiar to my Dallas Clark pick...I know what I will be getting. Honestly, I took him for the TD's. At this point, I think trying to find a hidden yardage guy or trying to sort though the RBBC's and who will have the "slight edge" seemed a little crazy. I know Lendale will get in the zone and that is worth 60 yards rushing every time. I think his TD's could be higher this year and I like the fact that each time he steps on the field, he will have some pressure to produce since CJ and him are battling for playing time. I think he will run hard when he is in there, and maybe faster now since he lost some weight. Safe pick, almost guaranteed points, and if CJ gets dinged....well.

8.2 Darren Sproles RB: Thought about going TE here or locking up my second QB. I had my eyes on a QB team that I thought I could get later. Another pretty safe pick. Sproles is going to get some touches and make some big plays. I actually think LT will come back and have a great year this year, but I think Sproles will too. SD will have 6 games against some pretty bad defenses in their division and I think Sproles even on a part time basis will still give you points each week that will add up nicely at the end of the year. It's not like we have to figure out what his role is or who he will be competing with, we know what his role is, and he can put up points in his role.

after 8....I am ok with what I have.....RB's don't get a PPR and it would be nice to have a nicer "looking" group of RB's, but the ones I have I expect decent production with the possibility of very good production should they get an increase in playing time due to injury, etc.....

9.15: Minnesota Team QB: I wanted Minnesota for these reasons; I expect them to make the playoffs so I am hoping that a few extra games will compensate for their lack of weekly production and they have a solid running game that should open up some plays for the passing game and put some points on the board. I think Sage was a nice pick up for them.

10.2: Todd Heap TE: I may be living in the past, and I know he is hurt a lot, but Heap has some talent and a pretty solid young QB who will get him the ball. I like him in this format and think with 2 ppr he has as much value as some other RB's and WR's that are coming off the board. He is not competing with a bunch of guys for catches and is a pretty solid red zone target. Thought about Chris Henry and Maroney here, but decided to lock up the TE position.

11.15: Brandon Pettigrew TE: I have no idea if taking a TE as your flex player is a good strategy or not, but the more I thought about it, I said what the heck. In this format, he could probably produce similiar numbers to the guys taken at other positions around him. And if he were to have a great year, he could outperform some WR's in this area of the draft. I know all the reasons not to take him, but I took a chance here. He is a huge target and CJ should demand a ton of coverage which could open things up for him. Would love to see Stafford take over at some point, as he might check down more than Culpepper. I also liked this pick as I think some teams haven't addressed TE and were maybe sitting on Pettigrew thinking he would make it to them. After him at this point, TE's may hard to come by. Could be my worst pick, could be a decent one. Thought about going with Greene here, as I knew he was the next ranked player on ADP and that shader would probably end up with him since his time would run out. Ultimately I wasn't buying the Jones trade talk, although I think Greene could really break out....I like his game.

12.2 Joey Galloway WR: Not sure why, but I was pretty excited about gettig Galloway. I know Moss and Welker will get theirs, but in this offense, the #3 guy can often put up numbers like a solid #2. Galloway is a vet who should fit in perfectly here and with Moss and Welker getting a ton of attention, Galloway could have a nice year, catching a bunch of balls from the best QB in the business. Brady will not lock on to one guy like many QB's, so I could see Galloway having a nice year. Plus they should go deep in the playoffs so that helps increase his value.

Well that's it for now....PK and DEF on the radar

Hope some of you guys take the time to break down your draft, as even though this is kind of a unique format, I think it can help our upcoming drafts and kind of give us a feel of why guys make certain picks....

good luck to all of you

2009 Anarchy League 4

Shader why are you leading the charge for a new long term commitment, when meanwhile you haven't even checked into Anarchy 4 since Friday, and 3 of your last 4 picks have been autodrafted by MFL?

:shrug:
Maybe he's looking for something a little more substantial than a weird league where you can't set your lineup or do anything other than draft before the season. BORING.
benm3218, you were in the Anarchy 4 draft last year. If this is how you guys felt then why did you bother signing up again? You and your man-friend have combined to time out 5 times. We all realize that the outcome of this draft is not going to change anyone's life, but you guys are basically wasting everyone else's time when you approach it this way.For me, this draft is a great way to prepare for my primary draft in a couple of weeks. It makes me really pay attention to almost every draftable player in the NFL, particularly those in the later rounds.

does the site prevent us from taking too many players at a particular position.....?...if I remember correctly from last year it does not and we had to go back and fix some things...

does the site prevent us from taking too many players at a particular position.....?...if I remember correctly from last year it does not and we had to go back and fix some things...
If someone ends up with an illegal roster let me know. MFL won't prevent someone from having too many at a certain position.

2009 Anarchy League 4

Shader why are you leading the charge for a new long term commitment, when meanwhile you haven't even checked into Anarchy 4 since Friday, and 3 of your last 4 picks have been autodrafted by MFL?

:lmao:
Maybe he's looking for something a little more substantial than a weird league where you can't set your lineup or do anything other than draft before the season. BORING.
benm3218, you were in the Anarchy 4 draft last year. If this is how you guys felt then why did you bother signing up again? You and your man-friend have combined to time out 5 times. We all realize that the outcome of this draft is not going to change anyone's life, but you guys are basically wasting everyone else's time when you approach it this way.For me, this draft is a great way to prepare for my primary draft in a couple of weeks. It makes me really pay attention to almost every draftable player in the NFL, particularly those in the later rounds.
Can we put these two on autodraft?

agreed....also I have made my predraft selections but it is showing up for my second pick coming up, not my first one....David please make my pick for me based on the predraft list if it doesn't except it the first time I am up...

going to Rockies game.......thanks...

Stinkin Ref's Breakdown of his Stinkin Team and Other Draft Thoughts and Strategy:Being at the end is tough in this format. You can miss out on runs if things go a little crazy. So my thoughts going in were to secure solid picks early and then maybe take some chances later. Also I was pretty set on going TE and QB with my first two picks since I think these two spots are crucial and I knew the pickens would be slim coming back down in 3/4 at these two positions.1.15: Dallas Clark TE: As I mentioned earlier, after Witten I think he is about as safe as it gets, and obviously in this format if your are able to secure a solid TE, it helps your team. I think someone mentioned that Tony G was the highest scoring non QB in this league last year. I knew I was going to take a TE with one of my first two picks so I thought I mind as well do it first so I get the guy I want and so that shader doesn't take him. I realize many have Gates and Gonzo rated higher, I don't. 2.2: Arizona Team QB: Was pretty set on taking a QB here, thought about SD because I like their chances of making the playoffs, but decided on Arizona. In the end, it came down to I think AZ will play to their stregth no matter what they say about running more. Give me a NERF ball and those two WR's and I would probably go in the first or second rounds of most drafts. I wanted a piece of the AZ passing game. 3.15: Dwayne Bowe WR: WR's were coming off the board pretty quickly and I took a look at what might be there at 5/6 if I passed at this position...and I didn't like what I saw, so I felt the need to get at least one WR with my next two picks and I thought shader would for sure be taking a WR with one of his next two picks, so I took one here. I liked Bowe a little better than some of the WR's already taken and I think he will see a ton of balls this year as well as some red zone looks. I expect KC to move the ball and score more points, his numbers were pretty good already, so an increase should make it even better. Have a bad feeling about TO, so Bowe was the pick.4.2: Braylon Edwards WR: Looking at some other drafts, I saw that some RB's I am pretty high on were going pretty late so I thought I could address them later. This might be my make or break pick. I think Edwards bounces back this year, don't know why, just do. He is the number #1 on a team that I think will be throwing a ton this year. I don't like the Brown's running game. Winslow is gone. Thought about Royal, but I am not sure whats going on in Denver. I have seen a big year from Braylon before and I think he can do it again.So after 4...feeling okay...not great...RB will be an issue at this point no matter what5.15: Roy Williams WR: Was pretty set on going RB/RB at this turn, but was a little surprised Roy was still around and in my own tiers I had a drop off after him. He is the #1 WR on a solid team, with a good QB and a solid running game and TE. With Owens gone, I think Roy becomes their playmaker. I thought shader would be taking another WR, so I snagged Roy as I think he is value here. Have basically committed to RB with next pick.6.2: Larry Johnson RB: This is the player I was targeting when I committed to 3 WR' s and no RB's in my first 5 picks. I have three #1 WR's and I think LJ is a solid pick here and tremendous value. I really hope he keeps going this late in drafts. I could bore you with why I think he will return to a top back, but I won't. 7.15: Lendale White RB: I was hoping Lendale would make it back to me. This is not a sexy pick, but similiar to my Dallas Clark pick...I know what I will be getting. Honestly, I took him for the TD's. At this point, I think trying to find a hidden yardage guy or trying to sort though the RBBC's and who will have the "slight edge" seemed a little crazy. I know Lendale will get in the zone and that is worth 60 yards rushing every time. I think his TD's could be higher this year and I like the fact that each time he steps on the field, he will have some pressure to produce since CJ and him are battling for playing time. I think he will run hard when he is in there, and maybe faster now since he lost some weight. Safe pick, almost guaranteed points, and if CJ gets dinged....well.8.2 Darren Sproles RB: Thought about going TE here or locking up my second QB. I had my eyes on a QB team that I thought I could get later. Another pretty safe pick. Sproles is going to get some touches and make some big plays. I actually think LT will come back and have a great year this year, but I think Sproles will too. SD will have 6 games against some pretty bad defenses in their division and I think Sproles even on a part time basis will still give you points each week that will add up nicely at the end of the year. It's not like we have to figure out what his role is or who he will be competing with, we know what his role is, and he can put up points in his role.after 8....I am ok with what I have.....RB's don't get a PPR and it would be nice to have a nicer "looking" group of RB's, but the ones I have I expect decent production with the possibility of very good production should they get an increase in playing time due to injury, etc.....9.15: Minnesota Team QB: I wanted Minnesota for these reasons; I expect them to make the playoffs so I am hoping that a few extra games will compensate for their lack of weekly production and they have a solid running game that should open up some plays for the passing game and put some points on the board. I think Sage was a nice pick up for them. 10.2: Todd Heap TE: I may be living in the past, and I know he is hurt a lot, but Heap has some talent and a pretty solid young QB who will get him the ball. I like him in this format and think with 2 ppr he has as much value as some other RB's and WR's that are coming off the board. He is not competing with a bunch of guys for catches and is a pretty solid red zone target. Thought about Chris Henry and Maroney here, but decided to lock up the TE position.11.15: Brandon Pettigrew TE: I have no idea if taking a TE as your flex player is a good strategy or not, but the more I thought about it, I said what the heck. In this format, he could probably produce similiar numbers to the guys taken at other positions around him. And if he were to have a great year, he could outperform some WR's in this area of the draft. I know all the reasons not to take him, but I took a chance here. He is a huge target and CJ should demand a ton of coverage which could open things up for him. Would love to see Stafford take over at some point, as he might check down more than Culpepper. I also liked this pick as I think some teams haven't addressed TE and were maybe sitting on Pettigrew thinking he would make it to them. After him at this point, TE's may hard to come by. Could be my worst pick, could be a decent one. Thought about going with Greene here, as I knew he was the next ranked player on ADP and that shader would probably end up with him since his time would run out. Ultimately I wasn't buying the Jones trade talk, although I think Greene could really break out....I like his game.12.2 Joey Galloway WR: Not sure why, but I was pretty excited about gettig Galloway. I know Moss and Welker will get theirs, but in this offense, the #3 guy can often put up numbers like a solid #2. Galloway is a vet who should fit in perfectly here and with Moss and Welker getting a ton of attention, Galloway could have a nice year, catching a bunch of balls from the best QB in the business. Brady will not lock on to one guy like many QB's, so I could see Galloway having a nice year. Plus they should go deep in the playoffs so that helps increase his value.Well that's it for now....PK and DEF on the radarHope some of you guys take the time to break down your draft, as even though this is kind of a unique format, I think it can help our upcoming drafts and kind of give us a feel of why guys make certain picks....good luck to all of you
Great Analysis. I will do mine as well for my benefit and share it for us all. I am just running around right now. But wanted to say thanks.

agreed....also I have made my predraft selections but it is showing up for my second pick coming up, not my first one....David please make my pick for me based on the predraft list if it doesn't except it the first time I am up...going to Rockies game.......thanks...
DY, can you make the pick??????

Thanks....I guess the next two picks knocked out his previous Pre-Draft Picks for the next round...but thanks for getting us this far.

My Draft Review (apologies for the length)

This is my first year to participate in this format, so I may be way off. Also, most of my leagues are auctions, so while I feel like I am a very experienced FFer, drafts are not my thing. Also, I worked off some basic strategy issues (that may be messed up): The Team QB format really bolsters the really bad QB situations and everybody gets two no matter what (this even though the top QBs should outscore other positions). Receptions points really increase the relative value of the top WR and TEs (I think that Top WRs and Top TEs should both outscore the Top RBs). Getting two solid starting Ks is more important than 2 TDs because some Kickers will lose training camp battles, but you are guaranteed 2 TD that even if they really suck should get you close to 100 points each.

You can see from my analysis that these assumptions push you towards WRs and TEs in the early rounds. I hoped that many others would go RB heavy which would allow me to draft against the Grain.

1.11 As soon as I saw my draft pick, I knew who I would take. I simply love Megatron. I think he upside is humungous. However, when Andre Johnson started to slip I had to think that I would take him instead. He went at 1.8 and I did not hesitate to take Calvin. I knew there was a chance that he could slip to 2.6, but I believe in taking the guy you really believe in in the early rounds.

2.6 I considered going TE here, but with 4 gone already, I couldn’t decide who I like next and really hope Daniels or Owens would slip to 3.11. I just felt like Steve Smith had the least risk of all the WRs left (and then the TC shoulder injury).

3.11 As the TE run continued, I was shocked to see The Soldier still available. I really consider TO here, but thought I better get a Top TE before it was too late. I really did not want to get stuck picking TEs after about 20 deep.

4.6 This was the most difficult pick for me. I was not in love with value at any position. I wanted to roll the dice on OchoCinco, but thought he may be available in 5. I felt like this was my last chance to get a Top Notch #2 TE and so I finally decided that Carlson should get lots of targets and really pad his scoring with 2 pts per reception (even if his yardage and TD are not there).

5.11 and 6.6

I knew that it was time to try to salvage the RB position. At this point I solidified my “Take whatever Crap is leftover at QB” strategy as anything remotely sexy was gone. I really like Benson, LJ, and Willie Parker still available so late. I rolled with Benson and was thrilled that Parker was still available in the 6th. I know had 2 WRs, 2 TEs, and 2 RBs.

7.11 and 8.6

I was starting to think that I may break my initial strategy and take Pittsburg Def here. However, they went at 7.1 and I refocused on more WRs. Devin Hester represented big upside (despite his relatively low Recpt #’s) and I loved getting a #1 WR in the 7th. Josh Morgan is young and unproven but with the Crabtree holdout getting more ugly, I really liked his high upside and low downside (even if he does play for 49ers). The crazy idea I had here was to take Shiancoe as my 3rd TE and flex—that seems to have been a bad idea, but I guess I was wishing that I could trade Carlson back in for OchoCinco and take Shiancoe here)

9.11 and 10.6

As 6 Defenses had come off the board, I was surprised to see New England still there. I figured at least one playoff game would boost their total. At 10.6, I really wanted to go Gostkowski for the same reason. Remember I started thinking Kickers would be more important than Defenses. However, it just seem a round too early. I was worried that WRs were starting to run out and loved Chris Henry’s upside.

11.11 and 12.06

Gostkowski went 11.1, but I was happy with Kaeding (and his strong playoff chances) as consolation. I really considered Michael Jenkins or Jamaal Charles here as my flex (Pre-draft strategy was to get a WR as a flex and don’t wait till the end). But I also had a Pre-Draft plan to be strong at Kicker. When Jenkins was still there at 12.06, it felt a littly Christmassy. (Charles went 12.04 or I would have had a dilemma).

13.11 and 14.06

Having only 2 sub-par RBs had been nagging at me for rounds. However, I was still pleased with my WRs and TEs. I was focused on getting a 2nd kicker, but when the closer it got, the more I knew I just couldn’t do it. I started to really worry about how bad my QBs would turn out with the last 2 leftovers. I really liked Det’s upside (think Megatron and his 20 TDs this year), and thought that might be the way to go. But then I realized that everyone behind me on the turn had 2 QBs, so I could get them in 14. Ricky Williams was just staring me down like a Coffee Shop in Amsterdam. I could not ignore his “High” side…..Does this give away my 14.06 pick?

My son and I had a Football Scrimmage tonight. I left early and arrived home just minutes after I timed out. Very bad timing for me. I would have taken 49ers instead of Jets and would have drafted RB last round. I should have predrafted but I thought I would be back in plenty of time.....My mistake and sorry to have held the draft up for 4 hours.....

Good Luck to All the Teams.

Smack Daddies in the Mirror

Overall, like drafting smack dab in the middle My original thinking was WR WR QB TE RB RB. Didnt quite work that way......

1.8 Andre Johnson - I had AP and Patsies qb 1/2, I dont love any of the other RB so that left me taking my fav WR outside of larry Fitz. I thought it was too early to take my my #3 qb. Happy with this pick

2.9 Portis Clinton - best player on my board by a long shot (in my book) Was planning on taking Ladell later, but waited to long. Thought about taking either Jennings or Boldin. Probably should of

3.8 Marion Barber - again best player on my board. Felt I could get qaulity TE later, didnt love any WR or QB left

4.9 Bears TMQB - really like this pick here. Bears have a great team, I think barring injuries Cutler is going to light it up. A top 5 QB

5.9 Santana Moss Fully committed at this point to taking "long shots" at TE. To me, high value at this point, with some risk.

6.9 Jags QB - not sure about this pick, but liked them better than most of the board and didnt want to fall outside of my groupings in this catagory I seriously considering trying to get the SF QBs much later in the draft, but didnt want to risk getting stuck with Detroit QB or somesuch instead

7.8 Vernon Davis, TE - first TE - I think top 10 potential, I think SF will run up the passing points. Risk taking a TE this late Probably foolish

8.9 Fred Taylor -3 RB at this point, I felt they were starting to get thin. Betting on the come. Didnt love alot of other options, was holding for my vote on most suprising TE of the year

9.8 Hightower - Again, risky pick. I really don't like Beanie Wells. I am betting on Timmie having a better year than last.

10.9 Earl Bennett - WR Chitown - paired with Cutler, the papers have been saying all the lovey dovely things. Drank the cool aid. Perhaps could of waited on him 1-2 rounds, but I think his sophmore year will be fine with a real QB in town. Also, don't love Hester

11.8 Jermichael Finley, my TE of choice this year. My strat was wait till Donald Lee got picked, then take him Didnt want to wait much longer - you want something really foolish - if I didnt get him I was going to take Travis Beckum in Round 18. Why yes, I am a Badger fan.

12.9 GB D ef. Call me a Don Capers Believer

13.8 Tampa D - probably not worth this round. Could of taken another loser D later, gone kicker here

14.9 Ryan Longwell - getting old, but he is indoors.

15. 8 Robbie Gould, Hell, why not take another Bear. I don't think in 10 years I have drafted a bear outside of some IDP's, but they will win the division this year and go at least one round into the playoffs.

16.9 Not sure how Meachem fell this far. I like him as early as round 10 in this league - must be the D's and K's got in the way. Not a believer in Colston and I dont care if he is hot and cold in this league - it's only total points that matter.

17.8 Jofdy Nelson WR GB - not loving this pick. Jones could well be the #3 WR on this team

18.9 Not sure how Mewelde Moore fell this far either. Fast Willie Parker has been dinged up. Mendenhall has looked off. To me, high value pick in this spot. Big upside

Well, that's it. Better team than last year. Probably regret going RB in 2 and 3 round.

My first ‘Anarchy’ league experience so I wasn’t locked in to any one particular strategy, but rather just trying to let the draft come to me. I wanted to be flexible and draft a well balanced team, and hoped to avoid positional runs without getting frozen out of any particular position.

1.05 Turner, Michael ATL RB – I considered going with NO team QB here, but the daunting task of having to fill out 4 RBs and 5 WRs in a 16 team league had me thinking RB as long as there was still one of my top 3 available (ADP, MJD, Turner). There are only a handful of RBs that have a chance to score 20 TDs for you, and Turner is one of them. With MJD & ADP already gone, and no PPR for RBs, I felt good about Turner as my #1 RB. He is a beast and Atlanta’s offense should be even better in Turner’s 2nd year. I know some are worried about his workload being reduced, but I expect him to still receive well over 300 touches and see an increased number of red zone opportunities as Matt Ryan and the Falcons offense mature.

2,11 Jennings, Greg GBP WR – Everyone has to start 5 WRs and given the PPR scoring, I wanted to grab at least 2 with top 10-15 potential. With Jennings, White, Boldin, Welker, Colston, Bowe, all still available, I saw an opportunity to grab one here in the 2nd and follow up with another from this group in the 3rd round. I believe Jennings to be the safest bet of this group, and I fully expected to be able to grab one more from this group, so I decided to play it safe here and not get too fancy.

3.05 Colston, Marques NOS WR – Having already secured a safe bet in Jennings, now I wanted to follow up with the highest possible upside of the remaining WRs. Colston was an easy choice for me. I don’t necessarily want him on my dynasty team (fear of chronic knee problems), however, I predict elite production in the short term. Going into 2009 he is the #1 target in arguably the #1 passing offense in the NFL. Great value at #37 overall, and I will be surprised if he doesn't finish top 10 among WRs this year.

4.11 Bengals, Cincinnati CIN TMQB – The QB position is drying up, but I’ve been holding out hope that two of the Cowboys, Steelers, Bears, &/or Bengals teamQB would fall to me for my 4th and 5th rounders. I don’t think I’ll have a realistic shot at winning this thing without a couple of top 15 QBs, and I predrafted because I knew that I would be unavailable between 5AM and 2PM on August 6th. At least I ended up getting Palmer & Co., who I believe will make a return to top 5 fantasy QB status in ’09. I think he is THE BEST VALUE at QB this year, and am trying to obtain him in all my leagues. As long as he continues to be drafted outside the top 10 at his position, he represents the kind of value that can help you dominate leagues this year.

5.05 Lynch, Marshawn BUF RB - Unfortunately my predraft list was exhausted after Cincinnati TMQB, and 12 picks flew off the board between 6AM and 10AM on August 6th. By the time I got back to my computer the auto-drafter had just given me Lynch… UGH!!! This is the point at which I felt the draft might be slipping away from me. I had been hoping to close out the QB position with this pick, and then start balancing out my team, but now I was just hoping that I wouldn’t get skunked at QB and TE. Well at least Lynch is talented enough to deliver RB1 fantasy production (when he isn’t suspended) and even though top flight WRs and TEs are going to score the most points in this format, every team has to start at least 4 RBs…

6.11 Brown, Donald IND RB - I love Brown’s potential to be a fantasy force in Indy for several years to come, and I expect him to wrest the starting job away from Addai by midseason. Brown is just a much more talented RB than Addai IMO, and I’ve been actively seeking him out as my RB3 or RB4 in multiple leagues this year. With continued success during the preseason, he will become increasingly difficult to acquire cheaply.

7.05 Vikings, Minnesota MIN Def – I believe the Vikings D has a chance to be the league’s best this year. Pittsburgh just went off the board and my 8th rounder is over 20 picks away, so this may be the last chance to grab a top unit.

8.11 Lewis, Jamal CLE RB (P) Was really hoping to grab Shiancoe as my TE1 here, but Buddy Ball 2k3 beat me to it and John Doe nabbed Scaife, so Shiancoe may have been a pipe dream at this stage of the draft either way. Well, with TEs pretty well picked over at this point, and seeing an undisputed starting RB still available, I took Jamal Lewis as a BPA pick. I think he will be better as injuries slowed him down last season, and am hoping that a healthier Jamal can return to 2007 form. However, at age 30 there is plenty of risk that his physical style of play and advancing age are simply taking their toll, and that his career will continue a downward spiral. Still though, not bad for a RB4 in a 16 team draft…

9.05 Scheffler, Tony DEN TE – gotta believe that captain check down is going to throw a lot of passes to the TE and RBs this season, and that the Broncos are going to be throwing the football a ton again this year. I certainly hope so, as I’m not feeling too good about my #1 TE in a 2PPR league, and need Scheffler to repeat or exceed last year’s numbers for my squad to remain competitive.

10.11 Bears, Chicago CHI Def – I really like the Bears to improve greatly this season. I think they have a chance to return to the elite Def/Special Teams again this season, and I like the prospect of closing out with two of the best defenses IMO. I wouldn’t normally even draft 1 defense in the first 10 rounds of an ‘ordinary’ draft, so I’m very anxious to see how this pans out in my first season of ‘Anarchy’. Not sure if I’ll end up looking foolish for having done so, or if this will help push me over the top when all is said and done.

11.05 Bennett, Martellus DAL TE – I really hope he lives up to the hype, because I’m pretty desperate at the TE position. Certainly Bennett is one of the most talented TEs in the NFL, but it’s tough to get excited about relying upon a guy who isn’t even the #1 receiving TE on his own team. I don’t believe in the Cowboys WR core sans TO, and the buzz out of training camp is that Dallas will run a lot of 2 TE sets on passing downs this year. IF that is true and IF Martellus can squeeze out at least 35-40 receptions, then I’ll be satisfied with this pick.

12.11 Schilens, Chaz OAK WR – I feel great about this pick, as Schilens provides crazy value near the end of round 12. He is likely to be Russell’s #1 WR this season and as a possession receiver should rack up a lot of receptions. Love this value for my WR3.

13.05 Bradley, Mark KCC WR – At this point I’m looking for WRs who are starters for their NFL clubs and offer some upside as I fill out the WR position. I would have preferred Laurent Robinson here but benm3218 just nabbed him. Anyhow, I expect KC to be passing a ton this year from their spread formation offense, and I’m taking a bit of a gamble that Bradley and Cassell will pick up where Bradley left off last year with Thigpen.

14.11 Rams, St. Louis STL TMQB – I expect the Rams offense has to be better this year, and Bulger has been a decent fantasy option in the past. It remains to be seen if Bulger can adapt to the new WCO and if the new personnel are going to pan out. However, of the limited options remaining at team QB, at least Bulger has some upside based on prior track record, and this offense is going to be forced to throw the football. Just hoping to make lemonade out of the remaining lemons at this point of the draft.

15.05 Folk, Nick DAL PK – kickers, meh

16.11 Tynes, Lawrence NYG PK (P) second verse, same as the first…

17.05 Garcon, Pierre IND WR – Manning has praised Garcon’s development, and Pierre is set to take over Harrison’s old role in the offense (with Collie being relegated to slot duties). I don’t expect him to get targeted as anything more than the 4th option in 2009, but the opportunity and upside are present if he and Manning continue to develop a good rapport. Honestly though, I Wish I had taken Bernard Scott the RB from CIN here. Garcon might still have fallen to me for my last pick, and Scott offers insanely good upside at this point in the draft. Kudos to HALtheCOW for being able to grab him in the last round.

18.11 Barden, Ramses NYG WR – Was hoping Scott would fall to me, but instead I finished with a ‘lottery ticket’ in Barden. Glowing reports out of camp, and his size and skill set are similar to Burress, and Manning seems to have taken a liking to him. Here’s hoping that he can develop into the Giants big play WR and a force in the red zone.

Concerned about my potential weaknesses at QB and TE, and anxious to see how my strategies at RB and TD work out. Either way though, this was fun for me, so thank you to David for organizing and to the rest of my leaguemates who participated and I wish you all good luck in Anarchy 4 this season.

-Geoff

This was my first Anarchy league draft and my strategy was to get as many players that I could that I believe would be playing in the playoffs.

1.10 Forte, Matt CHI RB - Forte was the only RB that I would have taken in the first other than Purple Jesus and MJD. With Witten, Andre Johnson, Fitz and Moss gone, Forte was my best option.

2.07 Chargers, San Diego SDC TMQB - This is by far my favorite pick. I could not believe that I was able to get the SDC QB after the Saints and Pats QBs went in the first round. IMO the Chargers are the only team that is almost a certain lock to win their division.

3.10 Thomas, Pierre NOS RB - There were not any top flight WR's left so I felt at this point Thomas was the last legit RB I would have a chance at. I was slightly surprised to see him still available.

4.07 Holmes, Santonio PIT WR - The #1 WR on what I believe to be a playoff team.

5.10 Shockey, Jeremy NOS TE - This is the pick that I regret the most. I could not make my mind up between Shockey, Shiancoe or Roy Williams. Had I known Shiancoe would have dropped a few rounds later Williams would have been the pick.

6.07 Moore, Lance NOS WR - I am higher on this guy than most. I think we will see 75+ receptions and 7-9 TD's from him and the Saints should make the playoffs this year.

7.10 Holt, Torry JAC WR - Garrard has to pass to someone right?

8.07 Shiancoe, Visanthe MIN TE - Another pick that I was very pleased with. I had thought of taking him early in the draft and I got lucky that he fell. I believe he will lead the Vikings in TD receptions and could have 50+ receptions.

9.10 Panthers, Carolina CAR TMQB - At this point they were the only TMQB left that I thought had a good chance to make the playoffs.

10.07 Bush, Michael OAK RB - The only RB left that I believe would see 15+ touches a game.

11.10 Curtis, Kevin PHI WR - The #2 WR on a team that loves to throw and should make the playoffs.

12.07 Redskins, Washington WAS - I have them ranked as a top 5 Def

13.10 Reed, Jeff PIT PK - Another player that was picked because of their playoff chances.

14.07 Buckhalter, Correll DEN RB - Loved this guy in Philly and I think he can bring a lot to the Denver Offense

15.10 Kasay, John CAR PK - He's my 2nd kicker, I didnt put that much thought into it.

16.07 Betts, Ladell WAS RB - Portis has been getting nicked up and Betts could be a starter on quite a few NFL teams.

17.10 Rams, St. Louis STL Def - They have a chance to be one of the most improved defenses in the NFL. I expect them to be quite aggressive and could come through big in a few games.

18.07 Avant, Jason PHI WR - Homer pick.

Users who are viewing this thread