What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2009 Anarchy League 4 (1 Viewer)

benbadman draft strategy recap --- 1.09 -- tried to play it safe, pick value, and generally went with the Draft Dominator suggestions or at least used it to predraft

1.09 WR Randy Moss --- was actually targeting a stud playoff Team QB here to have a "bust proof" 1st round pick, but Brees goes at 1.07 and quite honestly I do not think the Colts are a playoff lock. Moss should be a top 10 WR in regular season and get me at least 2 extra games

2.08 RB Tomlinson -- considering LT was a first rounder in most other Anarchy formats this pick didn't take very long to make. my only concern was being able to draft Sproles, but his ADP would likely be 6th/7th round and to hit a homerun in the draft that is way too early to handcuff. Chargesr are a playoff lock in weak AFC West, but of course Tomlinson is likely a lock to NOt play in weeks 18+ also

WR / RB

3.09 TE Cooley -- 2pt PPR for TEs, and Cooley is the last "stud TE" left who is somewhat proven. Almost took Dwayne Bowe here because I think 100 catches is very possible for him.

WR / RB / TE

4.08 QB Steelers -- I hated this pick but in the playoff format, this pick should slightly outperform the 11th QB off the board. Ben has 2 top25 WRs to throw to, while Cutler has a good TE and unproven WRs.. that sealed it, even though i'm a Vandy grad!

WR / RB / TE / QB

5.09 RB Jonathan Stewart -- Swinging for the fences here. if Williams goes down Stewart is an easy RB5-10 scorer. Also just as likely that Stewart finishes in the RB 20-30 range, but I am pretty high on Stewart compared to Benson, Addai, Moreno, Felix Jones and Willie Parker (the RBs who went off the board between my 5th/6th picks)\

WR / RB / TE / QB / RB

6.08 WR Cotchery – this pick leaves an icky feeling in my mouth, but he was WR21 in the draft dominator, and a clear WR1. Jets definitely aren’t a playoff team, but if Cotchery gets 75+ catches im happy with this pick. Almost took Donnie Avery, but thankfully I didn’t (this was days b4 the injury news)

WR / RB / TE / QB / RB / WR

7.09 QB Broncos / Orton – got the 2nd QB here because I wanted a “bust proof” pick and didn’t feel too excited about the WR/RBs going in round 7/8. The 18th QB off the board, DD has it as QB16, I’m ok with that minor value.

WR / RB / TE / QB / RB2 / WR2 / QB2

8.08 – WR Derrick Mason – Yudkin took Mason in round 6 in Anarchy1, so great value to get him in round 8. he is 35 and unretired, but he was the last guy on the board who can catch 80-90+ balls and is a proven WR1. ravens are a likely playoff team too, so im okay taking Mason ahead of Ginn, Steve Smith NYG, Crabtree.

WR / RB / TE / QB / RB2 / WR2 / QB2/ WR3

9.09 RB Earnest Graham – he kept hanging around on the board, nobody wanted to draft him. Heck Derrick Ward went in round 4!! As my RB3 and a guy who can get potentially 175-200 touches, ill take it here. He did look like crap in the preseason game tonight but he was playing the Titans.

WR / RB / TE / QB / RB2 / WR2 / QB2/ WR3 / RB3

10.08 RB Chester Taylor – I’m a big believer in Peterson, but the 375+ touches he had in 2008 are not likely repeated. Almost took Norwood b/c of the high carries Turner had, but was actually hoping Norwood would make it back to me in round 11 foolishly.

WR / RB / TE / QB / RB2 / WR2 / QB2/ WR3 / RB3 / RB4

11.09 TE Mercedes Lewis – didn’t like making this pick, but wanted a 2nd TE who would at least get 35-40 catches. This guy was actually a 1st round pick by the Jags, who knows he may step up in year 4

WR / RB / TE / QB / RB2 / WR2 / QB2/ WR3 / RB3 / RB4 / TE2

12.08 WR Mark Clayton – Almost took Chaz Schilens, but I think Clayton is a good hedge on my Derrick Mason pick. Handcuffing the Baltimore WR1 if you will.

WR / RB / TE / QB / RB2 / WR2 / QB2/ WR3 / RB3 / RB4 / TE2 / WR4

13.09 DEF Arizona Cardinals – had to grab a top 15 defense. AZ is actually in Chase Stuarts DTBC recommendation.

14.08 PK Almost took Rackers or Longwell, but just went with the DD on this, and Elam was PK4, but the 7th PK off the board, so moderate value

15.09 WR Devery Henderson – was a tossup between him and Meachem. But I’d rather get moderate production (500-700 yards) than risk a goose egg season from Meachem. This pick was sandwiched by a massive kicker run in round 15/16

16.08 PK Josh Brown – Meachem is still on the board, but I want a 2nd kicker who will actually not be cut

17.09 Bryant Johnson – a WR2 for his team still on the board, the only other one was Johnnie Lee Higgins

18.08 Detroit Lions DEFENSE – yea who knows maybe Schwartz (Titans D-Coord 08) can coach them up into a mid-tier defense. It is what it is

re: benbadman's team

I actually like your team, but this line ---

Handcuffing the Baltimore WR1

I don't believe I have ever heard that before, and really, don't think I ever will again.

Unless I put it in my sig.....

This is my assessment of my team, along with my thought process.

1.07 Saints TMQB – I wanted to maximize points with my first pick, but was deciding between a top RB and a high scoring offense. The Saints offense has been lights out the past two years and if they get some improvement on defense will have a shot at the playoffs. I also considered a WR or TE with this being a PPR format.

2.10 Chris Johnson, RB – My first RB, and a player on a team that is run first. There is some downside in that he is in a RBBC. I just liked his upside more than any of the RBs left. I considered Barber and Jacobs, especially with both of them being short yardage threats. I did not consider Westbrook because I am not as high on him as most. I am just scared of his injury history. I also had planned on taking LenDale to pair with him later, but waited one round to late.

3.07 Owen Daniels, TE – Time for my first receiver. The top TEs were already gone before my second round pick, but there were some good ones in the second tier left. I was high on both Olsen and Daniels. My choice was made easier when Fiddles took Olsen. Again WR was considered a top priority because that position was becoming scarce, but I felt that TE was a greater need.

4.10 Vincent Jackson, WR – Finally a WR. I know that Gates is the top target in San Diego and Jackson is listed as WR2, but I was willing to take the chance that Jackson will outperform Chambers this year and be the top wideout in San Diego.

5.07 Ray Rice, RB – With at least one player at all of the main positions I started to concentrate on filling out the roster. Rice may be a slight reach, but again I think his ceiling is high. Baltimore is still going to run the ball and Rice has been getting rave reviews in camp. McGahee is not getting any younger and Rice will have every opportunity to take over the lead role.

6.10 Seattle TMQB – The team QBs were starting to dry up, with most of what was left being the “dregs” of the league. Seattle offered an attractive pick to outperform this spot, and they will have a good opportunity to get playoff points as the West is wide open. I am concerned that it will take some time for the offense to mesh with a new coaching staff, but that is a personal conviction that I have when assessing QBs. This position was now locked and I could focus on finding receivers and backs.

7.07 Bernard Berrian, WR – The Vikings are a run first team that drafted a playmaking receiver in the first round. Berrian will be a boom or bust player, and if his hamstrings and quarterbacks hold up he will put up some decent numbers. I am hoping for around 60 catches. Not bad for someone taken this late.

8.10 Bo Scaife, TE – My second Titan. Bo has been a great safety valve for the Titans the past two years, and I don’t expect Alge or the rookie to cut into his numbers to much. With unproven receivers, other than Gage, he should see numbers similar to last year. Also, this gives me a good TE to fill out the minimum requirements at a second position.

9.07 Fred Jackson, RB – Fred will be starting the first three games in Buffalo, but will probably move to a change of pace role when Lynch comes back. I was thinking that running backs coming off of suspension tend not to do well when they return when I made this pick, but upon research that may not be the case. This will probably work similar to when Rickey Williams came back off of suspension and split time with Brown.

10.10 Justin Gage, WR – I guess that I was trying to corner the main components of the Titan passing attack. I wanted James Davis, but he was taken a few picks earlier.

11.07 Chris Chambers, WR – Ok, now I have the top two wideouts in San Diego to go with the top two targets in Tennessee. I am really trying to lock up these high octane passing attacks.

12.10 Miami D/ST – Nothing special, just thought it was time to take a defense. I also feel that this is a good time to take a kicker.

13.07 Mason Crosby, PK – Kicker was a top priority here as I wanted to make sure I got someone who is going to be there when the season opens.

14.10 Keenan Burton, WR – With Avery’s injury I took a chance on another Ram receiver. If Avery misses significant time either Burton or Robinson will be the WR1.

15.07 Justin Fargas, RB – At this point I needed the following: RB, PK, DST, Flex. I could either take my flex and wait on a RB to be available at 17 or take a RB here. Fargas was available and, even though he is not starting, he should see a decent share of carries in the Raider RBBC scheme. I did consider Hillis here, but decided on Fargas because I feel that Fargas will get more opportunities in Oakland than Hillis will. If RBs got a PPR in this league I would have taken Hillis because of his pas catching ability.

16.10 Josh Scobee, PK – Fills my need for a second kicker. I didn’t like what would potentially be available in 17 so I went kicker instead of the other spots. I hope that his job is secure.

17.07 Brad Cottom, TE – This fills my flex spot and I like the pick due to the fact that Cottom should be the starter in KC. Haley might not involve the TEs much, like he did in Arizona, but he should be serviceable.

18.10 Kansas City D/ST – I waited until last to take my final defense. I had all of the available ones at the beginning of round 17 ranked similar, so I felt safe in just picking one off of the list. I think the defense is maturing and their sack total will increase from last year’s pathetic numbers.

This is not a great team, but one that will finish middle of the pack. This type of league is a total points, with playoff points factored in. I hope that some of these guys can make the playoffs, and if my QBs make it some major points can be added if they make a deep run. I would have to assign this team a grade of C.

Stinkin Ref's Breakdown of his Stinkin Team and Other Draft Thoughts and Strategy:Being at the end is tough in this format. You can miss out on runs if things go a little crazy. So my thoughts going in were to secure solid picks early and then maybe take some chances later. Also I was pretty set on going TE and QB with my first two picks since I think these two spots are crucial and I knew the pickens would be slim coming back down in 3/4 at these two positions.1.15: Dallas Clark TE: As I mentioned earlier, after Witten I think he is about as safe as it gets, and obviously in this format if your are able to secure a solid TE, it helps your team. I think someone mentioned that Tony G was the highest scoring non QB in this league last year. I knew I was going to take a TE with one of my first two picks so I thought I mind as well do it first so I get the guy I want and so that shader doesn't take him. I realize many have Gates and Gonzo rated higher, I don't. 2.2: Arizona Team QB: Was pretty set on taking a QB here, thought about SD because I like their chances of making the playoffs, but decided on Arizona. In the end, it came down to I think AZ will play to their stregth no matter what they say about running more. Give me a NERF ball and those two WR's and I would probably go in the first or second rounds of most drafts. I wanted a piece of the AZ passing game. 3.15: Dwayne Bowe WR: WR's were coming off the board pretty quickly and I took a look at what might be there at 5/6 if I passed at this position...and I didn't like what I saw, so I felt the need to get at least one WR with my next two picks and I thought shader would for sure be taking a WR with one of his next two picks, so I took one here. I liked Bowe a little better than some of the WR's already taken and I think he will see a ton of balls this year as well as some red zone looks. I expect KC to move the ball and score more points, his numbers were pretty good already, so an increase should make it even better. Have a bad feeling about TO, so Bowe was the pick.4.2: Braylon Edwards WR: Looking at some other drafts, I saw that some RB's I am pretty high on were going pretty late so I thought I could address them later. This might be my make or break pick. I think Edwards bounces back this year, don't know why, just do. He is the number #1 on a team that I think will be throwing a ton this year. I don't like the Brown's running game. Winslow is gone. Thought about Royal, but I am not sure whats going on in Denver. I have seen a big year from Braylon before and I think he can do it again.So after 4...feeling okay...not great...RB will be an issue at this point no matter what5.15: Roy Williams WR: Was pretty set on going RB/RB at this turn, but was a little surprised Roy was still around and in my own tiers I had a drop off after him. He is the #1 WR on a solid team, with a good QB and a solid running game and TE. With Owens gone, I think Roy becomes their playmaker. I thought shader would be taking another WR, so I snagged Roy as I think he is value here. Have basically committed to RB with next pick.6.2: Larry Johnson RB: This is the player I was targeting when I committed to 3 WR' s and no RB's in my first 5 picks. I have three #1 WR's and I think LJ is a solid pick here and tremendous value. I really hope he keeps going this late in drafts. I could bore you with why I think he will return to a top back, but I won't. 7.15: Lendale White RB: I was hoping Lendale would make it back to me. This is not a sexy pick, but similiar to my Dallas Clark pick...I know what I will be getting. Honestly, I took him for the TD's. At this point, I think trying to find a hidden yardage guy or trying to sort though the RBBC's and who will have the "slight edge" seemed a little crazy. I know Lendale will get in the zone and that is worth 60 yards rushing every time. I think his TD's could be higher this year and I like the fact that each time he steps on the field, he will have some pressure to produce since CJ and him are battling for playing time. I think he will run hard when he is in there, and maybe faster now since he lost some weight. Safe pick, almost guaranteed points, and if CJ gets dinged....well.8.2 Darren Sproles RB: Thought about going TE here or locking up my second QB. I had my eyes on a QB team that I thought I could get later. Another pretty safe pick. Sproles is going to get some touches and make some big plays. I actually think LT will come back and have a great year this year, but I think Sproles will too. SD will have 6 games against some pretty bad defenses in their division and I think Sproles even on a part time basis will still give you points each week that will add up nicely at the end of the year. It's not like we have to figure out what his role is or who he will be competing with, we know what his role is, and he can put up points in his role.after 8....I am ok with what I have.....RB's don't get a PPR and it would be nice to have a nicer "looking" group of RB's, but the ones I have I expect decent production with the possibility of very good production should they get an increase in playing time due to injury, etc.....9.15: Minnesota Team QB: I wanted Minnesota for these reasons; I expect them to make the playoffs so I am hoping that a few extra games will compensate for their lack of weekly production and they have a solid running game that should open up some plays for the passing game and put some points on the board. I think Sage was a nice pick up for them. 10.2: Todd Heap TE: I may be living in the past, and I know he is hurt a lot, but Heap has some talent and a pretty solid young QB who will get him the ball. I like him in this format and think with 2 ppr he has as much value as some other RB's and WR's that are coming off the board. He is not competing with a bunch of guys for catches and is a pretty solid red zone target. Thought about Chris Henry and Maroney here, but decided to lock up the TE position.11.15: Brandon Pettigrew TE: I have no idea if taking a TE as your flex player is a good strategy or not, but the more I thought about it, I said what the heck. In this format, he could probably produce similiar numbers to the guys taken at other positions around him. And if he were to have a great year, he could outperform some WR's in this area of the draft. I know all the reasons not to take him, but I took a chance here. He is a huge target and CJ should demand a ton of coverage which could open things up for him. Would love to see Stafford take over at some point, as he might check down more than Culpepper. I also liked this pick as I think some teams haven't addressed TE and were maybe sitting on Pettigrew thinking he would make it to them. After him at this point, TE's may hard to come by. Could be my worst pick, could be a decent one. Thought about going with Greene here, as I knew he was the next ranked player on ADP and that shader would probably end up with him since his time would run out. Ultimately I wasn't buying the Jones trade talk, although I think Greene could really break out....I like his game.12.2 Joey Galloway WR: Not sure why, but I was pretty excited about gettig Galloway. I know Moss and Welker will get theirs, but in this offense, the #3 guy can often put up numbers like a solid #2. Galloway is a vet who should fit in perfectly here and with Moss and Welker getting a ton of attention, Galloway could have a nice year, catching a bunch of balls from the best QB in the business. Brady will not lock on to one guy like many QB's, so I could see Galloway having a nice year. Plus they should go deep in the playoffs so that helps increase his value.Well that's it for now....PK and DEF on the radarHope some of you guys take the time to break down your draft, as even though this is kind of a unique format, I think it can help our upcoming drafts and kind of give us a feel of why guys make certain picks....good luck to all of you
just finish it out real quick13.15: Indy Defense: felt the need to go defense....at this point none of the ones left are great, so took one that might get a few playoff games and I thought they would start flying off the board so I could still get som value later at other positions14.2: Adam V K: same thought process here as Def.....they will start going and a long time till my next pick.... needed two....want to get ones that are for sure going to be the man...plus playoffs here...last two picks very influnced by being at the end15.15: SF Defense: Started breaking down my last few picks and thought this was the way to go...thought it was important to get two K and two defenses and then just take BPA after that at WR and RB....this pick was solely based on Singletary....something tells me he wont let his defense be average....they should bring it every play...16.2: Jason Hanson K: whats weird here is that I initially thought I wanted Shankakowski because he is the man....but then I looked at it and even though Hanson doesn't have the leg he used to..... he plays 10 games in a dome....and the at CHI game and at GB are early......I'll take it....17.15: Bobby Engram WR: it's hard to get excited about your 17th round pick....but I was very excited to get Engram here....I believe he was brought in for a reason....they will throw this year....and I think he will be in the slot all yaer while Bowe, Bradley, and Toomer battle for the other spots.....I don't want to say the WW role....but I expect quite a few catches here......18.2: Peyton Hillis RB: I had kind of been sitting on this one all draft.....knowing nobody else would probably take him...heres the deal....this kid has a ton of talent....he is a FOOTBALL player....period....he could excel at RB if given the chance and he did last year before getting hurt....my thought this year is they have moved him to FB, which means he will BE ON THE FIELD a ton....and he is skilled so they have no problem letting him run or catch passes out of the backfield....Moreno is dinged already and you never know what will happen....if he stays at FB, I would not be surprised to see him have the most productive offensive season ever by any FB.....I think McDaniels will take advantge of his skills and put him in a position to contribute....I think plays wil be drawn up for him to exploit some mismatches.....as my last RB in not the prettiest looking group of RB's I kind of went for the fences here.... I live in CO but hate the Broncos, but I know how they feel about this kid....Brandon Jackson was a thought here but ultimately I liked the idea of a guy who will be on the field a ton....overall I like my draft....second year doing Anarchy....havent really looked a tthe overall rosters of everyody, may do that tomorrow...I think Ewards and Pettigrew may make or break this draft.....looking back...I'm not sure if I would do anything different.....RB's may tell the story....I totally took a chance that LJ will be back , and I love the upside of Lendale and Sproles.... couple of players I was hoping to get ...Chris Henry, Shonne Greene, Vernon Davis, NYG QB

Last edited by a moderator:
Peterson, Adrian MIN RB This was an easy one. Best RB in football so I had to take him.

White, Roddy ATL WR One of my favorite WR this year. Happy with this pick

Packers, Green Bay GBP TMQB After looking at how the draft went I felt I reached for them. Should be good but think I could have gotten similar value latter on.

Bush, Reggie NOS RB Not sure how I ended up with him. Didn’t have him ranking high at all but in ppr he could be great.

Smith, Kevin DET RB didn’t look great in preseason but as a 3rd rb I will take him.

Evans, Lee BUF WR I love him at a number 2. I really think he will spread the field. TO will take most tds but Evans should have tons of yards.

Jones, Thomas NYJ RB As a 4th rb I felt this was amazing! If he is anything like last year was a steal.

Crabtree, Michael SFO WR This was a mistake. Never did I have him ready to be drafted. Who knows if he is even going to play. Site mess up.

Ravens, Baltimore BAL TMQB Felt I reached a bit but should be solid and not to many ints.

Lee, Donald GBP TE Silly Silly me. Not a good pick. I discovered how all of the TEs were gone so I panicked.

Maroney, Laurence NEP RB Hmm, well he has the talent he just needs to put everything together. If a couple rbs get hurt he could be golden.

Austin, Miles DAL WR They have to throw to someone.

Heyward-Bey, Darrius OAK WR Crazy Oakland want to start him from the beginning. Sounds good to me.

Baker, Chris NEP TE great sleeper. Got a little help for this one. He should get most TE catches for his team.

Raiders, Oakland OAK Def hmm, messed up big time with DEF forgot we have so many teams in this league. That means all of the DEF will be gone!

Bryant, Matt TBB PK same thing with Def. Forgot all of the kickers were gone. Drafted him and now realized he is hurt and might get cut.

Dawson, Phil CLE PK He is trying to keep his job. Bad pick.

CLE DEF: probably the worse DEf in the league but they will still get some points.

All and all I did really really bad. I had to be gone for like 4 days of the draft so I got whoever. I tried to make up for it with some solid middle round picks but I don’t think I didn’t enough. Not having a 2nd def is going to kill me and if one or both of my kickers don’t play I am toast. Now that I see how there things go I will draft way different next year.

I took a long look at the results of past drafts before I started. I mapped out how many of each position that I thought would be gone by round. Then I took the last two years and assigned an expected value for the players that would be available in each round. For instance, I thought that in round 7, we would be somewhere around QB22, RB 35, WR40 & TE15. Their respective expected points were 230, 120, 155 & 160. Anyway, I mapped out a few different scenarios and one thing stood out: In the first 4 or 5 rounds, the drop in expected points for WR & TE far outweighed the drop for RBs. Additionally, the top WR & TE should outscore the RBs that I expected to see at 11. So with that, I tried to focus on WRs and TEs early in the draft (emphasis on playoff caliber teams) and to take RBs only where I saw value.

1.12 – Reggie Wayne – I really thought about taking Tony Gonzalez here, but thought that I would be better off taking Wayne. I think he will have a very strong year and has definite playoff potential. Last year I hung around the leaders until the playoffs started. I may not have had one guy that made the playoffs last year, so I sunk in the standings.

2.05 – Tony Gonzalez – I was surprised to get him here. I believe the hype coming out of camp where he will be the hot read as well as a primary red zone target. He has a solid chance to hit 8-10 TDs. Considering I thought hard about taking him at 1.12, this was a no brainer pick for me. When I passed on him in the first round, I thought I would be taking Dallas Clark here.

3.12 – T.J. Houshmandzadeh – I really wanted Chris Cooley here, but he was snatched up just before my turn. I like TJ in that offense. If Hass can make Bobby Engram into a ppr star, just imagine what he can do with a real receiver. I would not be shocked to see 100 receptions to go along with 1,200 yards and 8+ Tds out of Housh. It was a touch choice between him and Bowe, but I went here because Seattle has a better chance of making the playoffs in a weak division.

4.05 – Darren McFadden – I drank the Kool-aid on this guy and was very happy to make him the corner stone of my running back corp. It is hard to forecast injuries, so I don’t try. I decided to roll the dice. I think he has a chance to be well into the top 10 if he doesn’t break down. I just don’t see us talking about Darren McFadden outside of round 1 next year. I wanted to get Michael Bush later in the draft to secure the better part of Oakland’s running game, but that didn’t work out. I would have taken Pierre Thomas here if he was still available. In my primary draft, I am hoping to take Thomas & McFadden at the start of rounds 3 and 4.

5.12 – Hines Ward – My 3rd WR. I don’t see any reason that he will be any less involved in the offense than last year. He has great playoff potential as well. He was WR10 last year, so I am hoping that I got 3rd top 15 reciever. I was really hoping that Chad Ochocinco would fall to me here. I think he could prove to be the one of the best values in this draft.

6.05 – Antonio Bryant – yet another WR. He was 12th last year. He got injured the next day, but I am hopeful that the warrior can give opposing defenses something else to think about. If he can be within 15% of last years numbers, he will still be in the top 20. I thought hard about Willy Parker here, but thought that the drop between Parker and RB40 would be far smaller (about 20 or 30 points) but the drop from Bryant to WR36 (projected WR available in round 7) would be somewhere near 70 points.

7.12 – Julius Jones – I am not in love with this pick, but he could turn out to be solid. I need him to produce at RB36 or better (130 points). He has a decent chance to do that. I thought about taking Shiancoe here, but decided to push my second TE off until the end. The remaining RBs look to be in exceptionally dicey situations. I knew if I put it off any further, the remaining running backs would be a complete crap shoot with a high probability of complete bust.

8.05 – Ravens D – contrary to what others have mentioned, I identified the defense – not the kicker – as the position that I wanted to get an edge in. I think it is easier to spot a potential top defense than it is the top kicker. The top few defenses should score over 200 points, potential near 240 and give me a 60 point edge at the position to most everyone else. Plus the have a decent chance at the playoffs. I thought about Derrick Mason here, but it seems there were lots of good WRs sliding.

9.12 – I wanted Bo Scaife here, but he didn’t make it to me. I knew that I wanted to avoid a total bust at QB, so I went with Washington TMQB. I have no real opinion on them except that they will be middle of the road, which is good enough for round 9. If they can push 260 points, then that is only a 30 point drop from what I could have gotten in round 3. Whereas WRs dropped about 85. I decided early on that since I couldn’t get Brady in the first, then I would wait for QBs and then wait some more.

I will continue later today….

just thought I should post this here as I am not sure how many guys will check the site before the season starts since our draft is over...Indy Havoc posted this on the site....

IndyHavoc

Going to check w/ David. But hoping I can switch out my Stover pick for Suisham from Was. Any objections?

long story short...he drafted Stover in the 17th who is currently a free agent.....looks like he wanted to switch to Suisham, but David gave him Steven Hauschka instead who is currently in line to be Baltimore's kicker.....

I don't know the circumstances if it was a computer error or if IndyHavoc just didn't know Stover wasn't playing anymore...I know some people picked kickers a little earlier than they wanted to, to make sure that they got two guys who would for sure be on a team....and some other guys have taken guys that may not make their squads (ie: Dawson,etc)....

I'm cool with whatever as I think Stover will be signed by somebody at some point anyway...

just thought I should post this here as I am not sure how many guys will check the site before the season starts since our draft is over...Indy Havoc posted this on the site....IndyHavoc Going to check w/ David. But hoping I can switch out my Stover pick for Suisham from Was. Any objections? long story short...he drafted Stover in the 17th who is currently a free agent.....looks like he wanted to switch to Suisham, but David gave him Steven Hauschka instead who is currently in line to be Baltimore's kicker.....I don't know the circumstances if it was a computer error or if IndyHavoc just didn't know Stover wasn't playing anymore...I know some people picked kickers a little earlier than they wanted to, to make sure that they got two guys who would for sure be on a team....and some other guys have taken guys that may not make their squads (ie: Dawson,etc)....I'm cool with whatever as I think Stover will be signed by somebody at some point anyway...
Indy wanted to take the Ravens kicker and PM'd me as soon as took Stover by mistake. Since no one had taken Hauschka (who is far from assured of the job), I gave him to Indy rather than let him take a kicker from another team that might not have to fight for a job. Since it happened right away, I did not have a problem swapping kickers. Given that there's no money involved and it was a late round pick, I didn't have a problem with it.

"Bush, Reggie NOS RB Not sure how I ended up with him. Didn’t have him ranking high at all but in ppr he could be great."

Pretty sure it is 0 PPR for Running Backs. WR 1PPR, TE 2 PPR

1.01 Patriots, New England NEP TMQB

copying my thoughts on the 1.01 pick from earlier in the thread -- i considered 3 or 4 guys with the 1.01, but i went with the pick that, if things fall right, would *really* exceed expectations. most people are projecting him at 30-35 TDs -- i can totally envision a scenario in which he throws for 45-50, which would put him so far ahead of the other QBs that he would, if that turns out to be true, be the most valuable player in the draft, probably by a long shot.

obviously there are a few other guys that could end up being the most valuable player by year end, but this was sort of a swing for the fences pick. i'm trying to come in 1st, not 5th or 6th.

2.16 Welker, Wes NEP WR

3.01 Jacobs, Brandon NYG RB

there were a few guys i had ranked about the same here, but i took welker for basically the same reasons as i took brady. if new england's offense goes off this year (as i think it will), welker will be one of the beneficiaries. obviously, i would have loved to have moss, but equally obviously, there's no way that was going to happen. welker is a fine consolation prize.

no real good reason for taking jacobs, but it's another boom or bust type pick. i expect him to do well, but the big risk with jacobs is obviously that he may be more likely than a lot of other RBs to miss time with an injury. missing time is worse in a league like this than it would be in a typical league, so i really wanted to avoid that. but like i said, if he doesn't get hurt, he should score a ton. plus he has a good shot at the playoffs.

4.16 Grant, Ryan GBP RB

5.01 Gonzalez, Anthony IND WR

watching the TEs fly off the board, starting to get worried -- but i don't like the value on any of the TEs i see here -- i figure i can get decent guys later. went with the value picks here -- plus they're both potential playoff guys.

6.16 Wells, Chris ARI RB

7.01 Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def

wells is another likely playoff guy, and could be a monster. (or so i thought at the time of the pick -- the outlook isn't looking quite as bright at the moment)

i thought this might be a little early to take a defense, but i expect them to outscore the bottom of the barrel defenses by a good bit (especially when you add in a playoff game or two), and i didn't expect them to make it back to me at the next turn.

8.16 McMichael, Randy STL TE

9.01 Eagles, Philadelphia PHI Def

finally grabbed a TE here -- i considered mcmichael and a couple others at the 6/7 turn (including v.davis, who i pretty much knew wasn't going to make it back here), so i was pleased to get mcmichael here. i expect him to catch a lot of balls.

re: the eagles, see "steelers, pittsburgh"

10.16 Muhammad, Muhsin CAR WR

11.01 Gostkowski, Stephen NEP PK

this was a few hours after steve smith got hurt. muhammad was right near the top of my WR list at this point anyway, and he's a possible playoff guy. so you figure with the smith injury (extent unknown), muhammad seemed like a good pick.

i picked gostkowski to go along with my "take new england guys" strategy. also, similar to my thought process with the steeler defense, the value was good, and he wasn't going to make it back to me. plus i wanted to make sure i got two kickers that had safe jobs -- that makes the guys at the top more valuable than their points might indicate, because it's so important to just get the points. in other words, i wanted to make certain i didn't pick a kicker who was going to lose his job in week 5.

(i considered taking the 49er QBs here, but they went a few picks earlier. at this point, there were only 5 or 6 team QBs left, and i didn't see a whole lot of difference between them. figured i'd probably wait a while to take my second one...)

12.16 Royal, Robert CLE TE

13.01 Faulk, Kevin NEP RB

not thrilled with the royal pick, but he was the best TE i saw left on the board. not a lot to say about faulk. would have preferred to take him in a PPR (for RBs) league, but he'll still get a bunch of yards and, oh yeah, he plays for new england. (if new england doesn't catch fire this year, i'm screwed. i can accept that.)

14.16 Watson, Ben NEP TE

15.01 Rackers, Neil ARI PK

i decided to take another TE as my flex because of the extra PPR...i didn't like most of what i saw, but i still figured i could grab a TE that outscored whatever i could find at RB (definitely) and at WR (probably). we shall see. in any event, i considered watson, chis baker and a couple others, but decided to go with watson or baker. i did a little research, and found a story from mike reiss to the effect that watson was still the #1 pass catching TE because of his speed. of course, since then (soon after baker's 2 TD preseason game), he said baker would be the top guy. so we'll see how this pick turns out.

rackers was one of the top kickers on my board, so i was pleased to get him -- especially since his job is probably safe, and he plays for a probable playoff team.

(it was at this point -- just before these picks -- that i laid out my picks for the rest of the draft. TE and K with these two picks, then two WRs at the 16/17 turn, and whichever QB was left with the last pick in the draft. there were two team QBs left, and i really didn't care which one i got...)

16.16 Gaffney, Jabar DEN WR

17.01 Clayton, Michael TBB WR

pretty happy with the gaffney pick, lukewarm on clayton.

18.16 Buccaneers, Tampa Bay TBB TMQB

let's go mcleftman!

just thought I should post this here as I am not sure how many guys will check the site before the season starts since our draft is over...Indy Havoc posted this on the site....IndyHavoc Going to check w/ David. But hoping I can switch out my Stover pick for Suisham from Was. Any objections? long story short...he drafted Stover in the 17th who is currently a free agent.....looks like he wanted to switch to Suisham, but David gave him Steven Hauschka instead who is currently in line to be Baltimore's kicker.....I don't know the circumstances if it was a computer error or if IndyHavoc just didn't know Stover wasn't playing anymore...I know some people picked kickers a little earlier than they wanted to, to make sure that they got two guys who would for sure be on a team....and some other guys have taken guys that may not make their squads (ie: Dawson,etc)....I'm cool with whatever as I think Stover will be signed by somebody at some point anyway...
Indy wanted to take the Ravens kicker and PM'd me as soon as took Stover by mistake. Since no one had taken Hauschka (who is far from assured of the job), I gave him to Indy rather than let him take a kicker from another team that might not have to fight for a job. Since it happened right away, I did not have a problem swapping kickers. Given that there's no money involved and it was a late round pick, I didn't have a problem with it.
if he wanted the Ravens kicker....and he PM'd that to you right away after drafting Stover...why did he post that he wanted to switch from Stover to Suisham....?....sounds like he didn't realize Stover wasn't kicking until after he drafted him and was looking to try to fix a pretty big mistake

if he wanted the Ravens kicker....and he PM'd that to you right away after drafting Stover...why did he post that he wanted to switch from Stover to Suisham....?....sounds like he didn't realize Stover wasn't kicking until after he drafted him and was looking to try to fix a pretty big mistake
We've been over this. As soon as he took Stover he realized he didn't want him and he PMd ASAP to ask for another kicker. There were other teams that still needed kickers so I gave him Hauschika instead as he still hasn't won the job yet, which was a compromise in that he still got someone from the Ravens and it still left other kickers for someone else to pick from.

just thought I should post this here as I am not sure how many guys will check the site before the season starts since our draft is over...Indy Havoc posted this on the site....

IndyHavoc

Going to check w/ David. But hoping I can switch out my Stover pick for Suisham from Was. Any objections?

long story short...he drafted Stover in the 17th who is currently a free agent.....looks like he wanted to switch to Suisham, but David gave him Steven Hauschka instead who is currently in line to be Baltimore's kicker.....

I don't know the circumstances if it was a computer error or if IndyHavoc just didn't know Stover wasn't playing anymore...I know some people picked kickers a little earlier than they wanted to, to make sure that they got two guys who would for sure be on a team....and some other guys have taken guys that may not make their squads (ie: Dawson,etc)....

I'm cool with whatever as I think Stover will be signed by somebody at some point anyway...
We've been over this. As soon as he took Stover he realized he didn't want him and he PMd ASAP to ask for another kicker. There were other teams that still needed kickers so I gave him Hauschika instead as he still hasn't won the job yet, which was a compromise in that he still got someone from the Ravens and it still left other kickers for someone else to pick from.
so the whole time he really meant to draft Hauschka....?....(bolded statement above)....I guess I would be fine with that....but him later saying he wanted to switch it to Suishiam makes it seem as though that was not the case.....he would have simply just asked you in his immediate PM to switch it to Hauschka and he never would have brought up Suishiam....please realize I am just :( here, but it looks a little Suishi, I mean fishy, and as long as you are confident in the fact that he didn't draft Stover and then say "oh ####" and get bailed out for not knowing Stover wasn't kicking anymore, then everthing is kosher.....do overs are cool.... :headbang:

I'm done...I know it's not cool to bring stuff like this up....just creating some discussion....good luck to all....should be fun

tough to say. i like my team, but i suspect everyone likes the guys they drafted. i've never played in this format before, so i don't know what's going to work.

Well, I am not in love with my team. Ravens qbs and crabtree were both really bad picks by me. I say I am right in the middle of the pack. I hope it will be enough to get asked back next year so I can do better.

I was curious so I put everyone in the draft dominator. I made sure to include the backup quarterbacks. Here is the projected outcome through week 17:

1. Benbadman - 2886

2. Smackdaddies - 2875

3. Halthecow - 2862

4. Fiddles - 2841

5. gorf - 2821

6. Itchy Amos - 2790

7. Johndoe - 2735

8. geoff8695 - 2719

9. Buddy Ball 2k3 - 2697

10. Getinthemix - 2678

11. Stinkin Ref - 2672

12. hug dog - 2496

13. benm3218 - 2494

14. Shader - 2461

15. Indyhavoc - 2460

16. Blue Kun - 2424

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Injuries and unexpected cuts - (thanks alot TJ Duckett :unsure: ) will play a big role.

Itchy Amos said:
I was curious so I put everyone in the draft dominator. I made sure to include the backup quarterbacks. Here is the projected outcome through week 17:1. Benbadman - 28862. Smackdaddies - 28753. Halthecow - 28624. Fiddles - 28415. gorf - 28216. Itchy Amos - 27907. Johndoe - 27358. geoff8695 - 27199. Buddy Ball 2k3 - 269710. Getinthemix - 267811. Stinkin Ref - 267212. hug dog - 249613. benm3218 - 249414. Shader - 246115. Indyhavoc - 246016. Blue Kun - 2424It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Injuries and unexpected cuts - (thanks alot TJ Duckett :unsure: ) will play a big role.
how can Fiddles not be #1.....?

I was curious so I put everyone in the draft dominator. I made sure to include the backup quarterbacks. Here is the projected outcome through week 17:1. Benbadman - 28862. Smackdaddies - 28753. Halthecow - 28624. Fiddles - 28415. gorf - 28216. Itchy Amos - 27907. Johndoe - 27358. geoff8695 - 27199. Buddy Ball 2k3 - 269710. Getinthemix - 267811. Stinkin Ref - 267212. hug dog - 249613. benm3218 - 249414. Shader - 246115. Indyhavoc - 246016. Blue Kun - 2424It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Injuries and unexpected cuts - (thanks alot TJ Duckett :confused: ) will play a big role.
We will see - I did not use DD for this draft (did use VDB). Did use DD for my money draft - at least in the rate my team for the subscribers it likes mine the best. I am either going to be dead last or have a lot of beer money

I was curious so I put everyone in the draft dominator. I made sure to include the backup quarterbacks. Here is the projected outcome through week 17:1. Benbadman - 28862. Smackdaddies - 28753. Halthecow - 28624. Fiddles - 28415. gorf - 28216. Itchy Amos - 27907. Johndoe - 27358. geoff8695 - 27199. Buddy Ball 2k3 - 269710. Getinthemix - 267811. Stinkin Ref - 267212. hug dog - 249613. benm3218 - 249414. Shader - 246115. Indyhavoc - 246016. Blue Kun - 2424It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Injuries and unexpected cuts - (thanks alot TJ Duckett :shrug: ) will play a big role.
We will see - I did not use DD for this draft (did use VDB). Did use DD for my money draft - at least in the rate my team for the subscribers it likes mine the best. I am either going to be dead last or have a lot of beer money
Interesting to date - Top 3 areBenm3218 (DD#13)John Doe (DD #7)SmackDaddies (DD#2)There will still be some movement, in particular with the playoffs, but have to say the Benm has had a pretty good season for a team DD placed bottom half

I have not looked at the projections used for DD, but I would assume that the projections under-projected Chris Johnson, Ray Rice, and Vincent Jackson. Those 3, and Drew Brees, are the main reasons that I am out performing the initial projection. I am surprised that I am still near the top with Daniels' injury and little production out of Fargas, Cottom, and Burton.

Who can save you now?

Yes, I finished 1st for the regular season, which means I will drop out of the top 3 by the time we get through the superbowl (at least that is how all my other teams went this year)

Interesting - Looks like it will be benm3218 or myself

He has Feely and Jets D +15pts v. Longwell and Robert Meechum

I would like my odds except Meech scored all of a fourth of a point last week...

Users who are viewing this thread