What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 FBG Post Season Contest (1 Viewer)

I love reading the commentary and analysis. So I hope everyone is again willing to share.

However, the first question. Is Randy Moss a joke? Or a Glitch? He cannot be traded or claimed again?

My thread posted just a bit too late but answer my question:

Is Randy Moss a joke? Or a Glitch? He cannot be traded or claimed again?

I am assuming it is the same rules for positions.1 qb2 rb3 wr1 te1 flex1 def1 k?????
◦Aside from the cap, there are no roster limits or positional requirements at all. Take only five players, or take 40. Take all QBs, or take none. It's up to you. :confused:

Wow this will be interesting. I completely forgot about this last year. I blew a hamster wheel trying to strategize the format.

First pass, 24 players. Would have been more except I can't see spending good money for extra Ks and Ds.

So if you have say 15 guys on your team all different positions the top 5 will count?
You will get the top 2 scoring players from each NFL team count towards your roster score. That could be 2 (all 15 guys on 1 team), that could be 15 (No more than 2 guys on 1 team).Until the super bowl, then everyone counts.

Last edited by a moderator:
So if you have say 15 guys on your team all different positions the top 5 will count?
You will get the top 2 scoring players from each NFL team count towards your roster score. That could be 2 (all 15 guys on 1 team), that could be 15 (No more than 2 guys on 1 team).Until the super bowl, then everyone counts.
Glad my addled brain read this post - forgot this is how it went last year. It's all so clear now! Thx GB :hifive: -QG

Reading the replies, it sounds like lots of people will misunderstand the rules and try to fill a "regular season" entry. I wonder if we can somehow use that to our advantage.

I think this is the hardest contest that FootballGuys has. I enjoy the Regular Season one the most, but I do enjoy looking at this one for a few hours every year. But I do not remember the Kickers and Defenses costing so much before.

This is a pretty cool contest. I like the fact that you can't change the lineups at all past this Saturday, so you have to balance picking the best players in the playoffs, including some who aren't playing until next week, with players that will get you through this week and past the first cut.

I have no flipping clue how to fill this out.
I think I have a pretty good strategy but will have to get lucky with the right teams advancing.
Yeah, you're not only picking the best players, but indirectly picking teams too.
Not only that, but you're betting against the herd as well. If enough people go with a heavy round 1 roster it could eliminate a lot of people with a balanced lineup right off the bat.

I am assuming it is the same rules for positions.1 qb2 rb3 wr1 te1 flex1 def1 k?????
◦Aside from the cap, there are no roster limits or positional requirements at all. Take only five players, or take 40. Take all QBs, or take none. It's up to you. :thumbup:
It's really eaiser to just read the rules. Not being a smart ###, but it will put you a huge leg up.

For my friends in this thread...

Last year there were 8901 entires.

Projected week one cutoff was 110. Actually cutoff with the huge ARI/GB game was 128.

Doug...take a look at this

Ties in the first three rounds will advance. For final standings, tiebreakers are as follows.

1st tiebreaker - greatest number of players on your roster (each D/ST counts as one player).

2nd tiebreaker - total combined score of all players on your roster for all weeks of the contest. This includes all scores, even those that did not count in the first three rounds.

3rd tiebreaker - greatest number of $2 players on roster.

4th tiebreaker - greatest number of $3 players on roster.

5th tiebreaker - greatest number of $4 players on roster.

etc.

Ties will share prizes. For example if 4th and 5th place tie, each would receive $87.50 + their subscription.

You may want to be more specifc or clarify further.

I didn't understand why people were so confused by the rules last year, and I won't understand why people are confused by them again this year, but anything that creates more "junk" entries is fine by me. So let's not go overboard explaining them in detail here - a link to the rules is in the OP and can be bumped if people ask, they're not hard to understand.

I have no flipping clue how to fill this out.
you click the little boxes next to the players you want and then click "submit team" at the bottom when you are done.
Spoken like somebody who hasn't read the rules.Each participant will be able to choose any player from the pulldown lists as long as the team is at or below the cap value of $250. Players not on the pull down lists are not available.

The trick, I believe, is finding the pulldown lists. I'm still searching; they seem pretty well hid.

Are there any sites that allow you to host a league like this for free? This is the easiest format for casual for a casual playoff league imo. The free MFL one gives you every roster in the league to pick players from so it requires some homework.

Current roster breakdown:

4 QB

4 RB

7 WR

3 TE

1 Def

Problem: mix of players only has 6 real solid plays for WC weekend and some longshots. Back to the drawing board...

Users who are viewing this thread