What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 FBG Post Season Contest (1 Viewer)

Decided to put all my eggs in one black & gold basket so to speak.

Rather than try to pick 2 super bowl teams, I just went extremely heavy on Pittsburgh & 1 or 2 players from each of the teams from the NFC.

If I get lucky & guessed right with Pittsburgh, I'll have either 8 or 9 players in the super bowl.

I needed a low scoring game from the AFC wild card game to give me a chance at surviving the week.

QB - Drew Brees - 34

QB - Ben Roethlisberger - 28

QB - Matt Ryan - 25

RB - Rashard Mendenhall - 18

RB - Reggie Bush - 11

RB - Marshawn Lynch - 8

RB - Chester Taylor - 5

RB - James Starks - 4

RB - Isaac Redman - 3

WR - Mike Wallace - 22

WR - Greg Jennings - 19

WR - DeSean Jackson - 18

WR - Michael Jenkins - 9

WR - Emmanuel Sanders - 7

WR - Ben Obomanu - 5

TE - Heath Miller - 11

TE - Greg Olsen - 9

PK - Shaun Suisham - 14

Total value: 250

Sitting at 82.7 + Aaron Rodgers, Ray Rice, James Starks, Tony Moeaki and a few additional bargain players going tomorrow. While losing just one Saint, one Colt, and $20 so far (Reggie Bush-$11 and Blair White-$9).

So far so good!

Sitting at 93.5 with not a lot of scoring potential tomorrow.I have Moeaki,Chambers,Whosyourmama,Stallworth,Celek,Avant,Starks and Lee bunch of scrubs really.So I hope cut line is low.

96.60 with Rodgers,Succop, and 2 of my many Ravens to go. Feeling pretty good. But you never know with the Turk :scared:

-QG

In the first three rounds, ONLY YOUR TWO HIGHEST-SCORING PLAYERS FROM EACH NFL TEAM WILL COUNT TOWARD YOUR SCORE

argh. should have read the rules closer, but was late getting in. thought 4 philly players would be good.

QB - Michael Vick - 34

QB - Tom Brady - 34

QB - Matt Ryan - 25

QB - Matt Hasselbeck - 8

RB - LeSean McCoy - 22

RB - Michael Turner - 18

RB - Marshawn Lynch - 8

WR - Wes Welker - 23

WR - Roddy White - 23

WR - Jeremy Maclin - 19

WR - DeSean Jackson - 18

WR - Deion Branch - 15

TE - Clay Harbor - 3

Taking a risk on the 1st round.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll probably survive the Turk, but probably won't go deep this time having lost Manning and Brees.... Ouchers.

picked the wrong Seattle receiver (Obomanu), but still got almost 10 points from him. 76.8 + Rodgers + Jennings (or some other packer) + Moeaki + Ravens D. Brad Smith's 1.1 should put me over the top though...no worries.

geoff8695 said:
Utter Chaos said:
geoff8695 said:
Bonka said:
I'm sure I'm among many who had some sort of combo of Hasselbeck, Williams, and Carlson in their lineup only to remove them.

:bag:
Kept all 3 as good value picks to help get through week 1. Dumped Marshawn at the last minute though, as I started to think it was crazy to have four Seahawks. Now I'm wishing I'ld kept him as well...
Why take all 3 when only two of them count for your score? The money spent on Williams or Carlson could have been used on somebody else who's score will count.
Because the price was right... When a quality starting QB/RB/WR/TE are among the cheapest available starters you'ld be silly not to take a few of them. I was just hoping two of the three would produce half way decent stats. I don't think anyone was predicting that four or five Seahawks would have a monster game. I definitely don't regret that only two of them counted, especially considering that all three together only cost a combined $20. Compare that with single players like Drew Brees at a cost of $34, or Ray Rice or Jay Cutler for the same $20 that I spent on three Seahawks. Do you still think I should have spent $4 to $8 elsewhere to forego one of these bargains?

Keep in mind that if I advance to the divisional round I will already have three Seahawks waiting there to help me out again next week to advance to the conference championship. Solid strategy IMO...
It appears to be "solid strategy" now because the Seahawks won and all three did well. However because you said you picked them to "help get through week 1" (and wish you had Lynch as well) I don't think it was good strategy. I'm not saying don't pick any of them and go with Drew Brees instead. But by picking a third player on a team you probably thought would lose their first game you're shorting yourself potentional points since only 2 of the scores are going to count. There were other $8 and under bargains on other teams that you could have taken and had all three scores count for you instead of just 2 of Seattle's guys.

Made it through Day 1 losing 20 bucks in value, grabbed points from Hasselback and Mike Williams. If I get to round 2, I'm feeling good. I could use a KC win tomorrow and I NEED a Green Bay win as I went with the Pack-Pat bowl.

QB - Tom Brady - 34

QB - Aaron Rodgers - 29

QB - Matt Hasselbeck - 8

RB - Danny Woodhead - 14

RB - Reggie Bush - 11

RB - Jason Snelling - 10

RB - Thomas Jones - 9

RB - Joe McKnight - 2

WR - Dwayne Bowe - 15

WR - Hines Ward - 14

WR - Santonio Holmes - 13

WR - Donald Driver - 10

WR - Blair White - 9

WR - Devin Hester - 8

WR - Mike Williams - 8

WR - Jordy Nelson - 8

WR - Harry Douglas - 4

WR - Brian Finneran - 4

WR - Donte Stallworth - 3

WR - Brad Smith - 3

WR - Julian Edelman - 2

WR - Devin Aromashodu - 2

TE - Alge Crumpler - 5

TE - Leonard Pope - 2

TE - Justin Peelle - 2

PK - Mason Crosby - 12

TD - Green Bay Packers - 9

I'm going for a Pit-Atl SB as well.

QB - Aaron Rodgers - 29

QB - Ben Roethlisberger - 28

QB - Matt Ryan - 25

QB - Joe Flacco - 23

QB - Matt Hasselbeck - 8

RB - Michael Turner - 18

RB - Rashard Mendenhall - 18

RB - Joseph Addai - 16

RB - John Kuhn - 6

WR - Mike Wallace - 22

WR - Michael Jenkins - 9

WR - Blair White - 9

TE - Tony Gonzalez - 15

TE - Heath Miller - 11

TE - Andrew Quarless - 5

TD - Baltimore Ravens - 8

Looking good for week 1. Week 2 should be interesting:

Sitting at 109.7 and still have Vick/McCoy/Celek (2 of these) + Succop + Starks

Lost: Bush/Hartley/Garcon/Tamme

Kept: Hasselbeck/Folk instead

I need Philly to win for me to stand a chance, i think. Then again, that was the point of my roster.

Hoping I make the top 4000 week 1 cut...

Hoping New England crushes whoever in the SB AND all the way there!!!

QB - Drew Brees - 34

QB - Tom Brady NE - 34

QB - Joe Flacco - 23

RB - Ray Rice - 20

RB - BenJarvus Green-Ellis NE - 17

RB - Danny Woodhead NE - 14

WR - Wes Welker NE - 23

WR - Marques Colston - 22

TE - Rob Gronkowski NE - 19

PK - Shayne Graham NE - 19

TD - New England Patriots NE - 17

Contest Rules:

In the first three rounds, ONLY YOUR TWO HIGHEST-SCORING PLAYERS FROM EACH NFL TEAM WILL COUNT TOWARD YOUR SCORE. In the Super Bowl, ALL your players count toward your score.

Hoping I make the top 4000 week 1 cut...

Hoping New England crushes whoever in the SB AND all the way there!!!

QB - Drew Brees - 34

QB - Tom Brady NE - 34

QB - Joe Flacco - 23

RB - Ray Rice - 20

RB - BenJarvus Green-Ellis NE - 17

RB - Danny Woodhead NE - 14

WR - Wes Welker NE - 23

WR - Marques Colston - 22

TE - Rob Gronkowski NE - 19

PK - Shayne Graham NE - 19

TD - New England Patriots NE - 17

Contest Rules:

In the first three rounds, ONLY YOUR TWO HIGHEST-SCORING PLAYERS FROM EACH NFL TEAM WILL COUNT TOWARD YOUR SCORE. In the Super Bowl, ALL your players count toward your score.
If you make it through this week, you better hope the Ravens keep winning. Other wise you only have two scorers next week and the week after.

Went with a PHI/NE Sper Bowl banking on the Jets beating the Colts and not expecting much from the Saints in the playoffs. As Philly goes, so do I.

QB - Michael Vick - 34

QB - Tom Brady - 34

QB - Matt Hasselbeck - 8

RB - LeSean McCoy - 22

RB - BenJarvus Green-Ellis - 17

RB - Reggie Bush - 11

RB - Justin Forsett - 5

RB - Fred Taylor - 3

WR - Jeremy Maclin - 19

WR - DeSean Jackson - 18

WR - Deion Branch - 15

WR - Santonio Holmes - 13

WR - Michael Jenkins - 9

WR - Jason Avant - 9

WR - Mike Williams - 8

WR - Brad Smith - 3

PK - Matt Bryant - 14

I'm going for broke on a Bears-Ravens Super Bowl. I know the chances are slim but I figured my chances of picking the favorites would be slim and none. I would have 18 players going if that were to transpire and would probably be the favorite.

BAL (10): Flacco, Rice, McGahee, McClain, Boldin, Mason, Heap, Dickson, Pitta, Ravens D

CHI (8): Cutler, Forte, Taylor, Knox, Bennett, Hester, Aromashodu, Olsen

SEA (2): Hasselbeck, BMW

KCC (2): Charles, Moeaki

NYJ (1): Holmes

I was hoping for a low number of entries and a lot of picks of NE/PIT/ATL that might let me skate by. The Seahawks explosion might just get me there. :mellow:

rustycolts said:
Anybody want to make an educated guess what its going to take to get past the first round?
Last season, there were about 8900 entries. DD's sim had the cut around 114, with the actual cut being 128.9 (mostly due to the Ari-GB shootout).With only 6900 entries this year, maybe the cut will be around 100 :mellow:

rustycolts said:
Anybody want to make an educated guess what its going to take to get past the first round?
Last season, there were about 8900 entries. DD's sim has the cut around 114, with the actual cut being 128.9 (mostly due to the Ari-GB shootout).With only 6900 entries this year, maybe the cut will be around 100 :shrug:
Hope your correct I might make it if thats the case :mellow:

This was a tough contest for me. I took a different approach. It looks the the winner will be the luck person who picks the winning SB matchup. I decided to load up on kickers and Defense and then add QBs I though I would see in the SB and finish off with a few $2 guys. I doubt it will be successful , I gave TD too much credit for scoring points, should left room for a few underdogs....here it is:

QB - Drew Brees - 34 OUT

QB - Tom Brady - 34

QB - Aaron Rodgers - 29

RB - James Starks - 4

RB - Dimitri Nance - 2

WR - Julian Edelman - 2

PK - Shayne Graham - 19

PK - Shaun Suisham - 14

PK - Adam Vinatieri - 13 OUT

PK - Garrett Hartley - 13 OUT

PK - Mason Crosby - 12

TD - New England Patriots - 17

TD - Pittsburgh Steelers - 14

TD - Philadelphia Eagles - 13

TD - New Orleans Saints - 13 OUT

TD - Green Bay Packers - 9

TD - Indianapolis Colts - 8 OUT

rustycolts said:
Last season, there were about 8900 entries. DD's sim had the cut around 114, with the actual cut being 128.9 (mostly due to the Ari-GB shootout).With only 6900 entries this year, maybe the cut will be around 100 :shrug:
You think it's that low? Owners of Brees + Hass already have over 70 points plus anyone else that went yesterday or goes today.

I'm going for broke on a Bears-Ravens Super Bowl. I know the chances are slim but I figured my chances of picking the favorites would be slim and none. I would have 18 players going if that were to transpire and would probably be the favorite.BAL (10): Flacco, Rice, McGahee, McClain, Boldin, Mason, Heap, Dickson, Pitta, Ravens DCHI (8): Cutler, Forte, Taylor, Knox, Bennett, Hester, Aromashodu, OlsenSEA (2): Hasselbeck, BMWKCC (2): Charles, MoeakiNYJ (1): HolmesI was hoping for a low number of entries and a lot of picks of NE/PIT/ATL that might let me skate by. The Seahawks explosion might just get me there. :goodposting:
A lot of "ifs" but if Baltimore and Chicago make the Super Bowl and if Seattle keeps winning and if Phily beats GB (so Sea and Chicago don't play each other next week) and if New England gets knocked off then you'd have a good chance. I think the one problem you have was picking two Cheifs when they play against Balitmore. So if Baltimore wins you be losing 2 of your scorers from next week. I probably would have gone with 2 players from the Colts/Jets game instead.

It's clear some people just didn't read the rules lol.

This entry is still alive.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tom Brady $34 0.00

BenJarvus Green-Ellis $17 0.00

Wes Welker $23 0.00

Deion Branch $15 0.00

Rob Gronkowski $19 0.00

Shayne Graham $19 0.00

New England Patriots $17 0.00

Matt Ryan $25 0.00

Michael Turner $18 0.00

Roddy White $23 0.00

Michael Jenkins $9 0.00

Tony Gonzalez $15 0.00

Justin Peelle $2 0.00

Matt Bryant $14 0.00

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOTAL 0.00

CUTOFF 0.00

94.45 with 9 Eagles to go LOL

Michael Vick $34 0.00

LeSean McCoy $22 0.00

Jerome Harrison $4 0.00

Jeremy Maclin $19 0.00

DeSean Jackson $18 0.00

Jason Avant $9 0.00

Riley Cooper $2 0.00

Brent Celek $12 0.00

Philadelphia Eagles $13 0.00

If we get a Jets/Eagles Superbowl I am in the money. Sort of put all my eggs in 2 baskets.

Brees and Bush gone from my team but Hasselbeck moving on so that will help round 2. If Eagles lose today I will be done.

Cast my contest fate on Packers and Ravens Super Bowl

Several lower percentage owned players and a big Seahawks fan next week.

Emmanuel Sanders $7 0.00

Heath Miller $11 0.00

]Pierre Garcon $15 22.20 OUT

Blair White $9 11.40 OUT

Joe Flacco 11.16% $23 0.00

Ray Rice 38.49% $20 0.00

A. Boldin 8.00% $16 0.00

Billy Cundiff 11.01% $11 0.00

Ravens DST 20.94% $8 0.00

Matt Hasselbeck 7.83% $8 36.50

Drew Brees $34 32.80 OUT

Reggie Bush $11 7.40 OUT

A. Rodgers 45.83% $29 0.00

B. Jackson 7.40% $11 0.00

John Kuhn 15.02% $6 0.00

G. Jennings 39.35% $19 0.00

Donald Lee 10.84% $3 0.00

Packers DST 17.40% $9 0.00

Tom Brady $34 ----

BenJarvus Green-Ellis $17 ----

Rashard Mendenhall $18 ----

Pierre Garcon $15 22.20

Jamaal Charles $16 TBD

Ray Rice $20 TBD

New York Jets $7 1.00

Michael Turner $18 ----

LeSean McCoy $22 TBD

Matt Hasselbeck $8 36.50

Drew Brees $34 32.80

Reggie Bush $11 7.40

Aaron Rodgers $29 ----

Went a bit risky and trusting one top RB or QB from most every team (except NO and NE my Super Bowl choices). Working just fine this week, but will be interesting to see if it can hang longer.

171.25 this week. More importantly, I've lost only 4 guys valued at at total of $40. Not too bad.

4 QBs left - Rodgers, Ryan, Flacco, Hasselbeck

3 RBs left - Rice, Turner, McClain

4 WRs left - R White, Douglas, B Smith, Edleman

1 TE left - Keller

2 PKs left - Gould, Cundiff

2 Defs left - Atl, Baltimore.

A Squawks win next week would be very helpful to my chances I'm thinking. I guess theoretically a Jets win would be more helpful than a Pats win but I hate the Jets.

-QG

Hoping that we get a querier for the contest. It is interesting to me to view the maximum players per NFL team. :lmao:

The only way to win this contest is to have a big week in the Super Bowl, so I tried to pick the two Super Bowl teams and stock my roster with their players. I decided on PIT and ATL. The hard part was trying to get a lot of those guys while also giving myself a realistic chance of surviving week one. I settled on this arrangement:

Ben Roethlisberger $28

Rashard Mendenhall $18

Emmanuel Sanders $7

Heath Miller $11

Shaun Suisham $14

Pittsburgh Steelers $14

Billy Cundiff $11

Baltimore Ravens $8

Nick Folk $9

New York Jets $7

Matt Ryan $25

Roddy White $23

Michael Jenkins $9

Tony Gonzalez $15

Matt Bryant $14

Atlanta Falcons $11

Garrett Hartley $13

New Orleans Saints $13

I don't think I'm going to survive week one, unfortunately.

Entry 102681

This entry is still alive.

Peyton Manning $26 17.25

Blair White $9 11.40

Jacob Tamme $18 12.10

Jamaal Charles $16 0.00

Michael Vick $34 0.00

Matt Hasselbeck $8 36.50

Marshawn Lynch $8 19.10

Mike Williams $8 17.80

Drew Brees $34 32.80

Reggie Bush $11 7.40

Lance Moore $22 8.90

Devery Henderson $8 20.70

Aaron Rodgers $29 0.00

Greg Jennings $19 0.00

TOTAL 138.45

CUTOFF 0.00

i am lost at how this works but here is my team which means i am toast

Ugh finished around 106 ... Bowe, Jennings, and Bush combined for under 10 points around my 3 stud QB's to sneak through till my ATL/PIT players start. If the cut is low I'm in fine shape but it's gonna be close. The Bowe decision is what's really going to cost me ... either should have taken another ATL/PIT or taken fliers from the WC weekend.

Cast my contest fate on Packers and Ravens Super Bowl

Several lower percentage owned players and a big Seahawks fan next week.

Emmanuel Sanders $7 0.00

Heath Miller $11 0.00

]Pierre Garcon $15 22.20 OUT

Blair White $9 11.40 OUT

Joe Flacco 11.16% $23 0.00

Ray Rice 38.49% $20 0.00

A. Boldin 8.00% $16 0.00

Billy Cundiff 11.01% $11 0.00

Ravens DST 20.94% $8 0.00

Matt Hasselbeck 7.83% $8 36.50

Drew Brees $34 32.80 OUT

Reggie Bush $11 7.40 OUT

A. Rodgers 45.83% $29 0.00

B. Jackson 7.40% $11 0.00

John Kuhn 15.02% $6 0.00

G. Jennings 39.35% $19 0.00

Donald Lee 10.84% $3 0.00

Packers DST 17.40% $9 0.00
Me too!!

Julian Edelman $2 0.00

Emmanuel Sanders $7 0.00

Peyton Manning $26 17.25

Pierre Garcon $15 22.20

Joe Flacco $23 0.00

Ray Rice $20 0.00

T.J. Houshmandzadeh $7 0.00

Ed Dickson $4 0.00

Billy Cundiff $11 0.00

Baltimore Ravens $8 0.00

Chester Taylor $5 0.00

Robbie Gould $11 0.00

Matt Hasselbeck $8 36.50

Olindo Mare $6 12.00

Reggie Bush $11 7.40

Garrett Hartley $13 12.00

Aaron Rodgers $29 0.00

James Starks $4 0.00

Greg Jennings $19 0.00

Mason Crosby $12 0.00

Green Bay Packers $9 0.00

On to next weekend with ~145.9

Only lost $31 this weekend!

$11 R.Bush - NO

$9 B.White - IND

$7 T.Moeaki - KC

$4 J.Harrison - PHI

Still have 8 combined Bears and Patriots to go along with Hass, BMW, Carlson, Rodgers, Starks, Keller, Ray Rice, and a few bargain players.

With so many options next weekend, really liking my chances to move on to the Conference Championship round. However, if NE fails to make the SuperBowl it really won't much matter.

147.95 this week that should get me to next round,but I think I am toast next week team doesn't look to promising don't think the 2 players from each team thing is going to work.This is what I have left.

QBs Big Ben,Ryan

RBs Turner,Woodhead,Starks

WRs Ward,Housh,Stallworth,Edwards,Smith,Bennett,Tate

TEs Olsen,Carlson,Lee

K Mare

The only way to win this contest is to have a big week in the Super Bowl, so I tried to pick the two Super Bowl teams and stock my roster with their players. I decided on PIT and ATL. The hard part was trying to get a lot of those guys while also giving myself a realistic chance of surviving week one. I settled on this arrangement:Ben Roethlisberger $28 Rashard Mendenhall $18 Emmanuel Sanders $7 Heath Miller $11 Shaun Suisham $14 Pittsburgh Steelers $14 Billy Cundiff $11 Baltimore Ravens $8 Nick Folk $9 New York Jets $7 Matt Ryan $25 Roddy White $23 Michael Jenkins $9 Tony Gonzalez $15 Matt Bryant $14 Atlanta Falcons $11 Garrett Hartley $13 New Orleans Saints $13 I don't think I'm going to survive week one, unfortunately.
I'm not sure how you ever thought you would survive this week, unless you were counting on not much more than 4000 entering the contest. Last year, the cut was over 100 points. You only have 6 guys available this week and they are all K and D. I agree with your plan of stocking for the Super Bowl though. That is the only way to win this contest.

159+ from the ones that counted. Stopped tallying up the Packers after Rodgers and Starks. I lose Tamme, Bush and Avant but add four options from the Patriots and two from the Bears next week so I'll count ten players as opposed to the nine I used this week. If the Pats, Ravens and Packers advance, I like my chances to get to the Super Bowl round with seven players counting during the conference championship games.

Tom Brady $34 0.00

Danny Woodhead $14 0.00

Deion Branch $15 0.00

Rob Gronkowski $19 0.00

Jacob Tamme $18 12.10

Baltimore Ravens $8 13.00

Santonio Holmes $13 8.60

Devin Hester $8 0.00

Chicago Bears $10 0.00

Jason Avant $9 22.30

Matt Hasselbeck $8 36.50

Mike Williams $8 17.80