What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 FBG Post Season Contest (1 Viewer)

I wanted Julius Jones for $4 but alas he wasn't there so I went with this team.

I had Hass and Brad Smith in there but decided to take them out because I felt I would have enough points to get to week 2 and didn't want to waste any spots if I could..looks like I should have kept Hass...ouch he is near 40 pts now.

Went with 4 NE players so banking on them making the bowl.

Went QB heavy since they score the most pts.

Went both Vick and Rodgers to ensure I had 2-3 QBs in week 2 and was hoping to have 2 QB's in the Superbowl the NE one and having 3 shots at an NFC one.

QB - Michael Vick - 34

QB - Drew Brees - 34

QB - Tom Brady - 34

QB - Aaron Rodgers - 29

RB - Ray Rice - 20

RB - BenJarvus Green-Ellis - 17

RB - Reggie Bush - 11

WR - Greg Jennings - 19

WR - Deion Branch - 15

TE - Rob Gronkowski - 19

TE - Jacob Tamme - 18

Total value: 250

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure I'm among many who had some sort of combo of Hasselbeck, Williams, and Carlson in their lineup only to remove them.

:confused:

Hass and Williams!

Went with a Pack-Pat Super Bowl, glad I went light on the saints as of now! I went light on Bears too might need these two to keep this up next week!

I'm sure I'm among many who had some sort of combo of Hasselbeck, Williams, and Carlson in their lineup only to remove them. :thumbup:
Kept all 3 as good value picks to help get through week 1. Dumped Marshawn at the last minute though, as I started to think it was crazy to have four Seahawks. Now I'm wishing I'ld kept him as well...

Wonder how many people took Hasselbeck. That looked like the slam dunk pick of the contest along with Bush.

Wonder how many people took Hasselbeck. That looked like the slam dunk pick of the contest along with Bush.

I'll gladly lose Bush at the expense of Hass-Williams. Like many, I'm betting on a NE-GB Super Bowl. In hindsight, Avant was a complete waste. I have no chance if GB doesn't beat Philly.

QB - Tom Brady - 34

QB - Aaron Rodgers - 29

QB - Matt Hasselbeck - 8

RB - Danny Woodhead - 14

RB - Reggie Bush - 11

RB - John Kuhn - 6

RB - James Starks - 4

WR - Deion Branch - 15

WR - Santonio Holmes - 13

WR - Donald Driver - 10

WR - Jason Avant - 9

WR - Devin Hester - 8

WR - Mike Williams - 8

TE - Rob Gronkowski - 19

TE - Jacob Tamme - 18

TE - Andrew Quarless - 5

PK - Mason Crosby - 12

TD - Chicago Bears - 10

TD - Green Bay Packers - 9

TD - Baltimore Ravens - 8

As a non-Brees owner, but a Bush owner, I can't decide how I feel about all these Julius Jones TD's. :shrug:

For the 1st round sure but I decided to use my money toward the 2nd round on and pulled him out after putting him in.Hass that is.I felt like I was just wasting $8 on a player who would only help me in 1 round.I took the 8 bucks and used it toward getting a better player.Where do you find out there is 6900 people ? What link are you using to find this ?

Abolutely... at $8 and passing TDs are 6 pts... Hass was a steal at that price. FWIW, Hass at 36 pts right now.
This just in those 36 pts mean nothing come week 2.It would have been a slam dunk if all 4 rounds were added together but this is not happening.Enjoy winning the 1st week cut off by 100 pts let me know what you do in rounds 2-4.

Where do you find out there is 6900 people ? What link are you using to find this ?
Earlier in the thread... Doug posted that it looked like 6910 players, including FBG staff... so all in all.. 6900 subscribers.

For the 1st round sure but I decided to use my money toward the 2nd round on and pulled him out after putting him in.Hass that is.

I felt like I was just wasting $8 on a player who would only help me in 1 round.

I took the 8 bucks and used it toward getting a better player.

Where do you find out there is 6900 people ? What link are you using to find this ?

For the 1st round sure but I decided to use my money toward the 2nd round on and pulled him out after putting him in.Hass that is.

I felt like I was just wasting $8 on a player who would only help me in 1 round.

I wanted to see with my own eyes all the entries not just take some persons word for it.

I'm sure I'm among many who had some sort of combo of Hasselbeck, Williams, and Carlson in their lineup only to remove them. :thumbdown:
Kept all 3 as good value picks to help get through week 1. Dumped Marshawn at the last minute though, as I started to think it was crazy to have four Seahawks. Now I'm wishing I'ld kept him as well...
Why take all 3 when only two of them count for your score? The money spent on Williams or Carlson could have been used on somebody else who's score will count.

I went off the grid a bit with the Baltimore-Atlanta Super Bowl Scenario.

Here we go...

Rodgers

Ryan

Flacco

Hasselbeck

QBs are big potential scorers. This seemed the optimum number. Hasselbeck at 8 was mandatory spending as that's a massive overlay for a QB that's played in a Super Bowl. Looks like it's worked okay so far.

Rice

Turner

R Bush

McClain

2 of the Baltimore RBs, McClain at 3 was easy and if I get to the end I'll need numbers. Turner also part of this. Reggie seemed like an overlay at 11 with no other NO RBs for sale. Not getting what I had hoped so far.

R White

Garcon

Devery

H Douglas

B Smith

Edelman

Roddy is needed for any Atlanta scenario. Had to skimp on Baltimore WRs unfortunately. H Douglas is a cheap guy that can score for Atlanta too. Garcon seems like a decent value at 15 given that Wayne will get Revis. Picked him over Bowe since my scenario needs Bowe to lose week 1 anyhow. Hope that's not a mistake. Picked Devery over Lynch for that last 8. Kinda would like that one back maybe. Brad Smith is a $3 guy who I'm pretty sure will at least get PT and at that price that's attractive. Gotta figure the Jets open the bag of tricks and that means Smith. Edelman is kinda a desperation stab at 2. He's had a rotten year but the Pats seem to capable of having any random player having a big game at any time.

Keller. I just think he's gonna get a ton of targets and at $10 that's worth it.

Gould

Cundiff

Succop

One of the two Super Bowl kickers. Succop was worth a shot as a one week guy for cheap. Gould gives me a guy in the Bears game for a lower price.

Atlanta

Baltimore

Hoping that defense really wins championships ;)

-QG

I wanted to see with my own eyes all the entries not just take some persons word for it.
Doug is looking at the actual entries.

Well, glad I wasted money on Brees and Bush. Be lucky to make it past the first round at this rate.

:shock:

well unless my other QBs tank in wildcard weekend, i should be safe with my Seattle Superheroes...

QB - Tom Brady - NE - $34

QB - Aaron Rodgers - GB - $29

QB - Peyton Manning - IND - $26

QB - Matt Cassel - KC - $17

QB - Matt Hasselbeck - SEA - $8

RB - BenJarvus Green-Ellis - NE - $17

RB - Jamaal Charles - KC - $16

RB - John Kuhn - GB - $6

RB - Javarris James - IND - $5

RB - James Starks - GB - $4

WR - Greg Jennings - GB - $19

WR - Pierre Garcon - IND - $15

WR - Mike Williams - SEA - $8

WR - Brad Smith - NYJ - $3

WR - Julian Edelman - NE - $2

TE - Andrew Quarless - GB - $5

TE - John Carlson - SEA - $4

TE - Donald Lee - GB - $3

PK - Mason Crosby - GB - $12

PK - Olindo Mare - SEA - $6

TD - Kansas City Chiefs - KC - $6

TD - Seattle Seahawks - SEA - $5

Well, glad I wasted money on Brees and Bush. Be lucky to make it past the first round at this rate.
DittoI had Hass in and took him out because I felt it was wasting $8 on round 2.I used that extra $8 by taking Brees......... :shrug: So I wasted an extra $26 on players I could have got and lost my QB.Well it was fun while it lasted.........

Abolutely... at $8 and passing TDs are 6 pts... Hass was a steal at that price. FWIW, Hass at 36 pts right now.
This just in those 36 pts mean nothing come week 2.It would have been a slam dunk if all 4 rounds were added together but this is not happening.Enjoy winning the 1st week cut off by 100 pts let me know what you do in rounds 2-4.
This just in...those $8 will be scoring points for me in week 2. Even a stinker will net me 8 points next week for those $8.

54.6 so far I'll take that with 12 players to go this weekend.Lost Devery and Bush I can live with that.Wonder how many teams had Drew and Colston and what that will do to their chances?

I went off the grid a bit with the Baltimore-Atlanta Super Bowl Scenario.Here we go...RodgersRyan FlaccoHasselbeckQBs are big potential scorers. This seemed the optimum number. Hasselbeck at 8 was mandatory spending as that's a massive overlay for a QB that's played in a Super Bowl. Looks like it's worked okay so far. RiceTurnerR BushMcClain2 of the Baltimore RBs, McClain at 3 was easy and if I get to the end I'll need numbers. Turner also part of this. Reggie seemed like an overlay at 11 with no other NO RBs for sale. Not getting what I had hoped so far.R WhiteGarconDeveryH DouglasB SmithEdelmanRoddy is needed for any Atlanta scenario. Had to skimp on Baltimore WRs unfortunately. H Douglas is a cheap guy that can score for Atlanta too. Garcon seems like a decent value at 15 given that Wayne will get Revis. Picked him over Bowe since my scenario needs Bowe to lose week 1 anyhow. Hope that's not a mistake. Picked Devery over Lynch for that last 8. Kinda would like that one back maybe. Brad Smith is a $3 guy who I'm pretty sure will at least get PT and at that price that's attractive. Gotta figure the Jets open the bag of tricks and that means Smith. Edelman is kinda a desperation stab at 2. He's had a rotten year but the Pats seem to capable of having any random player having a big game at any time.Keller. I just think he's gonna get a ton of targets and at $10 that's worth it. GouldCundiffSuccopOne of the two Super Bowl kickers. Succop was worth a shot as a one week guy for cheap. Gould gives me a guy in the Bears game for a lower price.AtlantaBaltimoreHoping that defense really wins championships :lmao: -QG
QG...curious why you went D over K for your super bowl teams. The kicker scoring is jacked up on roids. Maybe the D's have more upside, but I would suspect the kicker would win out 3 out of 4 weeks.

54.6 so far I'll take that with 6 players to go this weekend.Lost Devery and Bush I can live with that.Wonder how many teams had Drew and Colston and how that will effect their chances?
Personally I think it bodes well for me next week since I probably cut it too thin next week with 0 Bears, 0 Pats, and Douglas scoring for me out of 8 possible teams. It's likely that I'll only be scoring 7-8 out of 16 spots next week. The balanced lineups posted in this thread really have me concerned.

I went off the grid a bit with the Baltimore-Atlanta Super Bowl Scenario.Here we go...RodgersRyan FlaccoHasselbeckQBs are big potential scorers. This seemed the optimum number. Hasselbeck at 8 was mandatory spending as that's a massive overlay for a QB that's played in a Super Bowl. Looks like it's worked okay so far. RiceTurnerR BushMcClain2 of the Baltimore RBs, McClain at 3 was easy and if I get to the end I'll need numbers. Turner also part of this. Reggie seemed like an overlay at 11 with no other NO RBs for sale. Not getting what I had hoped so far.R WhiteGarconDeveryH DouglasB SmithEdelmanRoddy is needed for any Atlanta scenario. Had to skimp on Baltimore WRs unfortunately. H Douglas is a cheap guy that can score for Atlanta too. Garcon seems like a decent value at 15 given that Wayne will get Revis. Picked him over Bowe since my scenario needs Bowe to lose week 1 anyhow. Hope that's not a mistake. Picked Devery over Lynch for that last 8. Kinda would like that one back maybe. Brad Smith is a $3 guy who I'm pretty sure will at least get PT and at that price that's attractive. Gotta figure the Jets open the bag of tricks and that means Smith. Edelman is kinda a desperation stab at 2. He's had a rotten year but the Pats seem to capable of having any random player having a big game at any time.Keller. I just think he's gonna get a ton of targets and at $10 that's worth it. GouldCundiffSuccopOne of the two Super Bowl kickers. Succop was worth a shot as a one week guy for cheap. Gould gives me a guy in the Bears game for a lower price.AtlantaBaltimoreHoping that defense really wins championships :lmao: -QG
QG...curious why you went D over K for your super bowl teams. The kicker scoring is jacked up on roids. Maybe the D's have more upside, but I would suspect the kicker would win out 3 out of 4 weeks.
Could be a fatal mistake. But Bryant cost more than Atlanta's Defense. And I felt like I wanted to have at least one more spare body in there I guess. Hope I don't regret it, though then again if I regret I'll have done better than I expect :lmao:64.60 after the first game.Rodgers, Garcon, B Smith, Keller, Succop, and 2 of Flacco, Rice, McClain, Cundiff, and Balt D to go.-QG

I'm sure I'm among many who had some sort of combo of Hasselbeck, Williams, and Carlson in their lineup only to remove them.

:confused:
Why take all 3 when only two of them count for your score? The money spent on Williams or Carlson could have been used on somebody else who's score will count.
Because the price was right... When a quality starting QB/RB/WR/TE are among the cheapest available starters you'ld be silly not to take a few of them. I was just hoping two of the three would produce half way decent stats. I don't think anyone was predicting that four or five Seahawks would have a monster game. I definitely don't regret that only two of them counted, especially considering that all three together only cost a combined $20. Compare that with single players like Drew Brees at a cost of $34, or Ray Rice or Jay Cutler for the same $20 that I spent on three Seahawks. Do you still think I should have spent $4 to $8 elsewhere to forego one of these bargains?

Keep in mind that if I advance to the divisional round I will already have three Seahawks waiting there to help me out again next week to advance to the conference championship. Solid strategy IMO...

:coffee:
Because the price was right... When a quality starting QB/RB/WR/TE are among the cheapest available starters you'ld be silly not to take a few of them. I was just hoping two of the three would produce half way decent stats. I don't think anyone was predicting that four or five Seahawks would have a monster game. I definitely don't regret that only two of them counted, especially considering that all three together only cost a combined $20. Compare that with single players like Drew Brees at a cost of $34, or Ray Rice or Jay Cutler for the same $20 that I spent on three Seahawks. Do you still think I should have spent $4 to $8 elsewhere to forego one of these bargains?

Keep in mind that if I advance to the divisional round I will already have three Seahawks waiting there to help me out again next week to advance to the conference championship. Solid strategy IMO...
Then you shoulda done 6 Squawks and been the Maverick imho. :confused: I come from the school of thought that only 2 teams should have more than 2 guys rostered - your Super Bowl teams. Every other team should be 0, 1, or 2.

I'll be pulling for ya though if I'm out as the Squawks being in the Super Bowl would be total absurd :)

-QG

So how many owners did NOT have Hass? That may be key for who advances of those who went heavy in teams on byes. I had Carlson going too but pulled him out to only go with one Seahawk bah.

I went with picking two from each team hoping to get some points from mediocre players.Gives me 4 players in Super Bowl if I make it that far.Hopefully its the right 4.I think I am one of the few thats picking the Falcons and Steelers to go.

Then you shoulda done 6 Squawks and been the Maverick imho. :goodposting:I come from the school of thought that only 2 teams should have more than 2 guys rostered - your Super Bowl teams. Every other team should be 0, 1, or 2. I'll be pulling for ya though if I'm out as the Squawks being in the Super Bowl would be total absurd :yes: -QG
I agree with you that to win, you need to have a lot of players on the Super Bowl teams. Unfortunately the teams I expect to make it to the Super Bowl won't be taking the field until next weekend during the divisional round. That is problematic until then as I am worried about just making it out of the first weekend. I think last year it took almost 130 pts. just to make it to the divisional round; and I'm sure there were lots of teams who were probably loaded with Saints and Colts, only to be eliminated on Wild Card weekend as all of their Colts and Saints enjoyed the bye week. Therefore, I tried to find a few bargains regardless of teams or matchups in week 1. If I thought the Seahawks were going to Dallas next month, then I would have certainly taken more of them. Three was the most I felt comfortable taking as I never believed they could go any further than the divisional round at best. I'll gladly take 60+ pts. of production and three players already in the divisional round for the $20 spent.

I went with picking two from each team hoping to get some points from mediocre players.Gives me 4 players in Super Bowl if I make it that far.Hopefully its the right 4.I think I am one of the few thats picking the Falcons and Steelers to go.
Atl/Pit here. If I make it I have 3 Falcons (Ryan, Turner, Gonzo) and 4 Steelers (Ben, Mendenhall, Wallace, Spaeth).

Ryan, Turner, White, Big Ben, Mendy, Wallace here ... really wanted one more but just couldn't do it without ruining my projections to beat last year's cut lines for each previous round. I need GB to beat Philly although I took a huge hit in that GB *has* to play Atl so Hass is my only other NFC player that could get me week 3 points with either my Packers or Saints opposite my Steelers guys and Bowe ... expecting two games. Looking back instead of Bowe I should have taken Carlson, Succup, and a couple point flier I guess.

QB - Michael Vick - 34

QB - Drew Brees - 34

QB - Tom Brady - 34

QB - Aaron Rodgers - 29

QB - Matt Hasselbeck - 8

RB - BenJarvus Green-Ellis - 17

RB - Reggie Bush - 11

WR - Greg Jennings - 19

WR - DeSean Jackson - 18

WR - Deion Branch - 15

WR - James Jones - 11

WR - Braylon Edwards - 10