What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 offseason dynasty trades (1 Viewer)

Vincent Jackson for pick 1.3
pretty fair, but i would take the 1.3.
Draft hasn't started yet, but my guess is that Ingram and Green go in the first two picks. Non PPR. If Jackson was 100 percent staying in SD, then I like the deal on that side. I think at this point, I would rather have the 1.3 as well.
I assumed the pick would be Julio, if it were any of the other two i would like it even more. I agree that it would help the Jackson side if he stayed in SD, but i doubt that happens. I think that Jackson being in SD was a bigger part of his success than most people think.

10 team, .75 PPR for WR/TE, Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex

Team A Trades: Rookie Pick 2.01 (Will take Ingram 1.01)

Team B Trades: Pierre Thomas, Chris Ivory

12 team, .5 PPR for WR/TE, Start 1 QB, 2 RB,2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEFTeam A Trades: Frank Gore and Percy HarvinTeam B Trades: Ryan Mathews and Kenny Britt
Am I the only one who thinks Gore/Harvin wins pretty big here? Not a huge Britt fan.
I'd take the Matthews/Britt side, but very close. Gore would seem to be close to hitting a wall based on age/wear. Britt is a beast if he doesn't wind up in prison.

12 team, .5 PPR for WR/TE, Start 1 QB, 2 RB,2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEFTeam A Trades: Frank Gore and Percy HarvinTeam B Trades: Ryan Mathews and Kenny Britt
Am I the only one who thinks Gore/Harvin wins pretty big here? Not a huge Britt fan.
I'd take the Matthews/Britt side, but very close. Gore would seem to be close to hitting a wall based on age/wear. Britt is a beast if he doesn't wind up in prison.
I agree here. Very close but edge to Matthews/Britt due to age and upside. Britt can be great if he gets his head out of his ###. A couple funny things about Gore:-Due to the array of injuries (ankle, shoulder and hip) that caused him to miss games, he really doesn't have a lot of "wear" on him. At 28, there is always a concern when a player will just lose that step that causes their production to drop, but he hasn't been overworked in that 350 plus touch area. I think only one year over. -When he came into the league, the big concern was his knees since he had ACL injuries on both while at Miami. But he has never had any knee problems. He missed a couple games with ankle and shoulder injuries and then the end of last year with the hip, but never a knee.Love Gore, but it sure gets frustrating come playoff time when he's not in your lineup.

12 team, 1 point per reception. James jones and tony gonzalez for the number 32 and 41 2011 rookie pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
12 team, .5 PPR for WR/TE, Start 1 QB, 2 RB,2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF

Team A Trades: Frank Gore and Percy Harvin

Team B Trades: Ryan Mathews and Kenny Britt
I agree here. Very close but edge to Matthews/Britt due to age and upside. Britt can be great if he gets his head out of his ###. A couple funny things about Gore:

-Due to the array of injuries (ankle, shoulder and hip) that caused him to miss games, he really doesn't have a lot of "wear" on him. At 28, there is always a concern when a player will just lose that step that causes their production to drop, but he hasn't been overworked in that 350 plus touch area. I think only one year over.

-When he came into the league, the big concern was his knees since he had ACL injuries on both while at Miami. But he has never had any knee problems. He missed a couple games with ankle and shoulder injuries and then the end of last year with the hip, but never a knee.

Love Gore, but it sure gets frustrating come playoff time when he's not in your lineup.
And the knee issues caused a lot of people on this forum to not only downgrade him but to go so far as to label him a wasted draft pick in you used a late 1st on him. I remember I took him in one league at 1.08 and EBF remarked at the time, that the success rate of 3rd round RBs was poor and instead the "smart" pick would have been to take either Big Mike Williams or Mark Clayton since they had a 1st round pedigree and based on that in a year or two they could be traded for a better RB than Gore (which never proved to be the case).

Just made a big trade in my PPR FFPC league needed a RB bad (Only have Stewart, Woodhead, T-Jones, Snelling, Ricky Williams) have to start 2 per week.

Was a tough deal been working on a move for about 20 hours now this is how it ended up.

Thoughts ? (LeShoure still on the board at pick 9 would have been the guy I would have taken)

Did I give up too much for Mendenhall ?

--- Dragons ---

Trade Away:

Draft Pick - Round 1 Pick 9 Overall 9

Draft Pick - Round 2 Pick 9 Overall 21

2012 Draft, Rnd 1

Receive:

Rashard Mendenhall (PIT)

Draft Pick - Round 7 Pick 11 Overall 83

2012 Draft, Rnd 2

seems like a sweet deal for you. all you had to give up was the 1.9 / 2.9 and an unknown quantity in a 2012 1st rounder. i'd be pretty happy if i were you. :banned:

Just made a big trade in my PPR FFPC league needed a RB bad (Only have Stewart, Woodhead, T-Jones, Snelling, Ricky Williams) have to start 2 per week.Was a tough deal been working on a move for about 20 hours now this is how it ended up.Thoughts ? (LeShoure still on the board at pick 9 would have been the guy I would have taken)Did I give up too much for Mendenhall ?--- Dragons ---Trade Away: Draft Pick - Round 1 Pick 9 Overall 9 Draft Pick - Round 2 Pick 9 Overall 21 2012 Draft, Rnd 1Receive: Rashard Mendenhall (PIT) Draft Pick - Round 7 Pick 11 Overall 83 2012 Draft, Rnd 2

Just made a big trade in my PPR FFPC league needed a RB bad (Only have Stewart, Woodhead, T-Jones, Snelling, Ricky Williams) have to start 2 per week.Was a tough deal been working on a move for about 20 hours now this is how it ended up.Thoughts ? (LeShoure still on the board at pick 9 would have been the guy I would have taken)Did I give up too much for Mendenhall ?--- Dragons ---Trade Away: Draft Pick - Round 1 Pick 9 Overall 9 Draft Pick - Round 2 Pick 9 Overall 21 2012 Draft, Rnd 1Receive: Rashard Mendenhall (PIT) Draft Pick - Round 7 Pick 11 Overall 83 2012 Draft, Rnd 2
Im not a big fan of Mendenahll, especially in ppr, so i think you overpaid, especially if the first ends up in the top 6 next year.

seems like a sweet deal for you. all you had to give up was the 1.9 / 2.9 and an unknown quantity in a 2012 1st rounder. i'd be pretty happy if i were you. :banned:

I spent all day working the phones on some sort of deal was the best I could come up with.Very happy right now though losing picks always is disappointing especially future picks if your team fails.

Im not a big fan of Mendenahll, especially in ppr, so i think you overpaid, especially if the first ends up in the top 6 next year.
My RB's led me toward the deal couldn't really wait on someone at pick 1.9 to pan out. I do indeed need to make the playoffs.So far your the only person that has said I made the bad end of the deal.

My RB's led me toward the deal couldn't really wait on someone at pick 1.9 to pan out. I do indeed need to make the playoffs.So far your the only person that has said I made the bad end of the deal.
What makes the deal good for you is your huge need at RB. Either way, its a close trade, i just prefer the other side. Out of curiosity, was Vereen available at 9, and/or Titus Young a 2.9?

What makes the deal good for you is your huge need at RB. Either way, its a close trade, i just prefer the other side. Out of curiosity, was Vereen available at 9, and/or Titus Young a 2.9?
Vereen was gone at pick 7Have not made it to pick 2.9 yet.I am thinking more about it and wondering now if I gave up too much. LeShoure is going to be a good one and I like him. My 2012 1st even if in the 7-12 range is a good player if in the 1-6 range I messed up bad.Mendy doesn't catch many passes and I totally forgot about the backlash he has got from his tweets.I 1st offered my 9/14 and 2012 1st for Ray Rice. That was as expected shot down. He counted with 9/14/2012 1st for Mendenhall.I countered it down to the deal we see here.I really hate giving up future draft picks. Somehow my team made the final 4 last year with that crew of motley RB's but I failed in the playoffs thanks to AJ, Owens and Dez all going down with injuries.You really got me re-thinking this. On the surface 1 late 1st round pick this year plus 1 projected hopefully late 1st round in 2012 for a top 15 RB even in PPR scoring system seems like a great deal.1.9 being LeShoure and 2012 1st (I got his 2012 2nd so that cancles out the pick 21 this year I think)Again you got me rethinking this now with what you said but nothing I can do about deal has been made.

What's your deal with Mendenhall? No competition, strong offense, talented guy, former first rounder, built for the load, decent breakaway speed, decent size, not a knucklehead...I like him (which is odd, because I own him in exactly zero leagues)

Vereen was gone at pick 7Have not made it to pick 2.9 yet.I am thinking more about it and wondering now if I gave up too much. LeShoure is going to be a good one and I like him. My 2012 1st even if in the 7-12 range is a good player if in the 1-6 range I messed up bad.Mendy doesn't catch many passes and I totally forgot about the backlash he has got from his tweets.I 1st offered my 9/14 and 2012 1st for Ray Rice. That was as expected shot down. He counted with 9/14/2012 1st for Mendenhall.I countered it down to the deal we see here.I really hate giving up future draft picks. Somehow my team made the final 4 last year with that crew of motley RB's but I failed in the playoffs thanks to AJ, Owens and Dez all going down with injuries.You really got me re-thinking this. On the surface 1 late 1st round pick this year plus 1 projected hopefully late 1st round in 2012 for a top 15 RB even in PPR scoring system seems like a great deal.1.9 being LeShoure and 2012 1st (I got his 2012 2nd so that cancles out the pick 21 this year I think)Again you got me rethinking this now with what you said but nothing I can do about deal has been made.
Out of curiousity, who were the top 8 picks?Plus, dont 2nd guess yourself because of me, i am probably down on Mendenhall more than most. Plus, you really needed a 2nd RB.

Out of curiousity, who were the top 8 picks?
M-Ingram (NO) RBAJ-Green (Cin) WRR-Williams (Arz) RBJ-Jones (Atl) WRG-Litte (Cle) WRD-Thomas (Mia) RBS-Vereen (NE) RBR-Cobb (GB) WR
Plus, dont 2nd guess yourself because of me
I am not realy 2nd guessing getting Mendy a top 15 RB I really needed bad and considering I only gave up draft picks seemed like a slam dunk to me with how many times they turn into busts.What I am 2nd guessing now is the price I paid maybe I could have got him a little cheaper not sure if I could have got him to do the deal keeping the 21 or not now I am pretty sure he wanted the 1.9 and he said the 2012 1st had to be in there as well...maybe I could have given up the 2.2 and 2012 1st and kept the 1.9 but probably not.

I agree here. Very close but edge to Matthews/Britt due to age and upside. Britt can be great if he gets his head out of his ###. A couple funny things about Gore:

-Due to the array of injuries (ankle, shoulder and hip) that caused him to miss games, he really doesn't have a lot of "wear" on him. At 28, there is always a concern when a player will just lose that step that causes their production to drop, but he hasn't been overworked in that 350 plus touch area. I think only one year over.

-When he came into the league, the big concern was his knees since he had ACL injuries on both while at Miami. But he has never had any knee problems. He missed a couple games with ankle and shoulder injuries and then the end of last year with the hip, but never a knee.

Love Gore, but it sure gets frustrating come playoff time when he's not in your lineup.
And the knee issues caused a lot of people on this forum to not only downgrade him but to go so far as to label him a wasted draft pick in you used a late 1st on him. I remember I took him in one league at 1.08 and EBF remarked at the time, that the success rate of 3rd round RBs was poor and instead the "smart" pick would have been to take either Big Mike Williams or Mark Clayton since they had a 1st round pedigree and based on that in a year or two they could be traded for a better RB than Gore (which never proved to be the case).
I remember well. Took him 6th (Niner fan) and caught a lot of crap for it..........

I remember well. Took him 6th (Niner fan) and caught a lot of crap for it..........
seems like similar discussion to what we are hearing from Mult Scores

12 team pprteam a received: Ryan Grantteam b received: 1.04
After receiving the 1.04...Gave: 1.04/3.02/B. ScottReceived: Deangelo Williams/2.02/'12 1st (roughly 1.09-1.12)
Well people started paying their fees in my league I commish and all hell broke loose in like 2-3 days of trading.12 team ppr, QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, K, RB/WR/TE flexTeam A gave up: Garrard, David JAC QB; Crabtree, Michael SFO WR; Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.09Team B gave up: Manning, Eli NYG QB; Mathews, Ryan SDC RB; Houshmandzadeh, T.J. BAL WRTeam B gave up: Jones, Felix DAL RBTeam C gave up: Grant, Ryan GBP RB; Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.10Team D gave up: Hernandez, Aaron NEP TETeam C gave up: Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.08Team E gave up: Orton, Kyle DEN QB; Keller, Dustin NYJ TE; Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.11Team B gave up: Garrard, David JAC QB; Dwyer, Jonathan PIT RB; Cooley, Chris WAS TETeam B isn't the smartest fantasy owner ever and pretty sure everyone would like to have him in their league.
Team E gave up: Jackson, DeSean PHI WR; Wayne, Reggie IND WR; Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.11Team F gave up: Amendola, Danny STL WR; Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR; Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.03Team C gave up: Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.10Team G gave up: Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.01; Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.08Team A: Barber, Marion DAL RB; Onobun, Fendi STL TE; Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.06Team B: gave up: Hardesty, Montario CLE RB; Hillis, Peyton CLE RB; Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.10

Team A gave up:

Knox, Johnny CHI WR

Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.06

Team B gave up:

Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team B (probable pick 6-12)

I've never been a big fan of Knox, and I don't think I like this trade for the Knox side, no matter how late the 1st rounder falls.

Quite a few rook drafts going here are some deals from yesterday

All 12 team PPR

---------------------------------

Gave 1.06, 2.09

Got Percy Harvin, 2.12

----------------------------------

Gave Ryan Williams

Got Greg Little and Vincent Brown

----------------------------------

Gave Stafford, Benn, Dez Bryant

Got Aaron Rodgers, Bowe, Kendall Hunter

14 team league.

Team P got 2012 second round pick.

Team R got 2011 third round pick (became QB Kaepernick, SF)

Team F got WR Armstrong, WAS (owns WR Hankerson, WAS)

Team R got QB A. Smith, SF/FA (owns QB Kaepernick, SF)

Team D Traded

Antonio Gates TE, SDG

Josh Morgan WR, SFO

2011 Rnd 5, Pick 7

2012 Draft, Rnd 4

Tea R Traded

Johnny Knox WR, CHI

Rob Gronkowski TE, NWE

2011 Rnd 4, Pick 8

2012 Draft, Rnd 3

'TheWick said:
Quite a few rook drafts going here are some deals from yesterdayAll 12 team PPR---------------------------------Gave 1.06, 2.09Got Percy Harvin, 2.12----------------------------------Gave Ryan WilliamsGot Greg Little and Vincent Brown----------------------------------Gave Stafford, Benn, Dez BryantGot Aaron Rodgers, Bowe, Kendall Hunter
1. I prefer Harvin.2. Don't really like any of them, but 2 rookies is better than one when I don't prefer either :)3. The best player is Rodgers by a nice margin. Then Bryant, closely followed by Bowe.Rodgers>>>Bryant>Bowe>>>>any of the others.I agree with the above poster. Whoever is getting Rodgers/Bowe destroyed the other guy.Then again, if Stafford develops with the pieces around him, Bryant becomes top 5 like I think he will, and Benn becomes the guy over TB Mike down south...then the other guy may win. This is one where somebody purchased those guys at their upside - if they produce there, he wins. If they don't, then he loses. If they bust, he loses really bad.

I just traded my #17 pick in the FFPC PPR league for a 2012 1st round pick.

I spent the last 4 hours debating if I should take Torrey Smith or trade the pick.

The guy I traded the pick to picked Torrey Smith. :cry:

Just inked this:

Team A gives up Bowe, tebow and 3.12

Team B gives up Brady and 1.01

Im team A and have Austin and S.johnson to start at wr, MJD/Bradshaw/Mendenhall at RB, Ryan at QB, and now have the 1.01 and 1.03 to grab Ingram and Jones or Green in a PPR league. Id like to trade Brady for a younger QB like freeman/stafford type, but we'll see what happens.

Just inked this:Team A gives up Bowe, tebow and 3.12Team B gives up Brady and 1.01Im team A and have Austin and S.johnson to start at wr, MJD/Bradshaw/Mendenhall at RB, Ryan at QB, and now have the 1.01 and 1.03 to grab Ingram and Jones or Green in a PPR league. Id like to trade Brady for a younger QB like freeman/stafford type, but we'll see what happens.
You won, pretty easily.

Just inked this:Team A gives up Bowe, tebow and 3.12Team B gives up Brady and 1.01Im team A and have Austin and S.johnson to start at wr, MJD/Bradshaw/Mendenhall at RB, Ryan at QB, and now have the 1.01 and 1.03 to grab Ingram and Jones or Green in a PPR league. Id like to trade Brady for a younger QB like freeman/stafford type, but we'll see what happens.
You won, pretty easily.
I agree great deal for you. I would hold Brady and ride him out. He was #1 in scoring in my PPR league last year! When he begins to fade in few years, Ryan will be hitting his Prime. You don't need to move him at all!

You won, pretty easily.
He was #1 in scoring in my PPR league last year!
Vick was the #1 PPG qb in all leagues without bizarre scoring.So if Brady was #1 in yours it's pretty irrelevant as it doesn't apply to anyone else.

You won, pretty easily.
He was #1 in scoring in my PPR league last year!
Vick was the #1 PPG qb in all leagues without bizarre scoring.So if Brady was #1 in yours it's pretty irrelevant as it doesn't apply to anyone else.
He didnt say anything about Brady's PPG, just that he was the #1 QB in his league last year, as he was in mine.

You won, pretty easily.
I can't even imagine what the other guy was thinking. AJ Green (or Ingram) and Bowe is debateable either way I suppose, but Brady >>>> Tebow and a crapshoot pick.

Traded away E.Sanders and J. Rodgers for LaShoure and 19th round pick in a 12 team PPR start up. (I own Best)
still amazed by the ability for people to rip off their league mates
I think E Sanders is going to be worth more than LaShoure and the 19th round pick combined.
I also think Rodgers can certainly have a better career than LeShoure over time as well (obviously not a given). He's stuck in a CoP role for this season, but that role can expand as Turner fades away as soon as next year. It's not like LeShoure has such a clear path to carries either.I think there are far more egrecious trades in this thread.

I agree. I LOVE Sanders, own him in like 6 or 7 dynasty leagues. So its not like I gave garbage. I think it fit both teams. But with Best being my #2 behind Charles, I felt I needed LeShoure. Hoping it was win-win for both teams.

Traded away E.Sanders and J. Rodgers for LaShoure and 19th round pick in a 12 team PPR start up. (I own Best)
still amazed by the ability for people to rip off their league mates
I think E Sanders is going to be worth more than LaShoure and the 19th round pick combined.
I also think Rodgers can certainly have a better career than LeShoure over time as well (obviously not a given). He's stuck in a CoP role for this season, but that role can expand as Turner fades away as soon as next year. It's not like LeShoure has such a clear path to carries either.I think there are far more egrecious trades in this thread.
If snelling stays in ATL this season, Rodgers will be bought for peanuts this time next season since he won't get 50 carries. The impatient people will call him a bust

Users who are viewing this thread