What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 offseason dynasty trades (1 Viewer)

All the major offseason trades for my salary cap dynasty league:Stormtroopers of Death gave up Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QBCircle Jerks gave up Williams, DeAngelo CAR RBTaste of Death gave up Pettigrew, Brandon DET TETenacious D gave up Hernandez, Aaron NEP TETenacious D gave up Best, Jahvid DET RB;Jackson, DeSean PHI WRMonster Bootys gave up Austin, Miles DAL WRUnchained gave up Ryan, Matt ATL QBCoat Hanger Death Yank gave up Nicks, Hakeem NYG WRShort Yellow Bus All-Stars gave up Wayne, Reggie IND WRCarpet Munchers gave up Gates, Antonio SDC TECarpet Munchers gave up Mathews, Ryan SDC RBThe UnderDoggs gave up Mendenhall, Rashard PIT RB
The first two trades, and the Wayne one seem even. The other's are rather one sided.
Remember that it's a salary cap league. So sometimes owners will trade away a great player for a lesser player to save cap space.

NO PPR, all TDs 6 pts, 10yds rcv/rush = 1pt

Colston and 9.overall rookie draft pick

for

3.overall rookie draft pick

3rd overall would probably be A.J.Green or Julio Jones.

Who wins this trade?

Just got an email from MFL, apparently this trade just happened in one of my leagues:

Kegel Elves gives: Maclin, 2012 3rd, 2012 4th

Nudedragons gives: Malcom Floyd, 2012 1st (from my rankings the 2012 1st will be in the 5-7 range)

12 Team PPR, QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, K, RB/WR/TE Flex

Team A Gave: '12 1st (Probably top 3, only major pieces are Bradford, Ingram)

Team B Gave: James Starks, Malcolm Floyd

'thriftyrocker said:
'destro said:
Team A gave up Hasselbeck, Matt TEN QB; Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.05

Team B gave up Brady, Tom NEP QB; Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.09
Brady's worth more than that but could see doing it if I've been grooming Ryan/Bradford and want the RB.
Team B gave up Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.05

Team C gave up Williams, Mike TBB WR
Williams is worth a top 3 or multiple 1sts.

Team B gave up Gonzalez, Tony ATL TE; Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.09

Team D gave up Graham, Jimmy NOS TE; Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.03
Does the former Graham owner know about the internet? It is like a series of tubes. Don't understand that trade at all.
Team C gave up Tebow, Tim DEN QB

Team F gave up Forsett, Justin SEA RB; Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.05
Gives me ideas on buying low on Tebow.
Team G gave up Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB

Team H gave up Jones, Felix DAL RB
Toss up.
Non-PPR:

Team Z gave up Tolbert, Mike SDC RB;Torain, Ryan WAS RB

Team X gave up Snelling, Jason ATL RB;Spiller, C.J. BUF RB
Some serious Tolbert love going on. Seems like bailing on Spiller, but if Tolbert outscores him the next 2 years, maybe it was a good idea.
Some explanation on the following trades....Team B gave up Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.05

Team C gave up Williams, Mike TBB WR

and

Team B gave up Gonzalez, Tony ATL TE; Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.09

Team D gave up Graham, Jimmy NOS TE; Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.03

The league scoring may help

1 PPR, 1QB, 2-3RB, 3-4WR, 1TE, 1PK, 1DEF

.5 pts per 10yds on punt/kick returns

I can understand if these trades were not popular but these were trades done during the draft. In the first one, Team C (me)was the Beanie Wells owner, did not have a 1st round pick and Ryan Williams was available at 1.5. I accepted the offer, took Williams and my RB's then looked like,

Jahvid Best, BJGE, Fred Jackson, Beanie Wells and Ryan Williams. I then got Bilal Powell at 3.3. BTW, I took over this team 2 yrs ago as a project and my best RB was Laurence Maroney (BJGE was on the team but only got 14 pts that year). I drafted Beanie that year, Best the next year, traded for Jackson, then traded my 2011 1st to take Tampa Mike at 1.5.

The 2nd trade, we can only start 1 TE and I also had Dallas Clark. Jacoby Ford was available at 1.9 so I got Ford and Gonzo for Graham and my 2.3. So now my WR's are Ford, Steve Smith CAR, Jerome Simpson, Pierre Garcon, Jordy Nelson, Eric Decker, Emmanuel Sanders and Randy Moss (Smith and Moss are the only 2 originals). I have Dallas Clark and Gonzo and got rid of a bye week conflict. Maybe I'm not as high on Tampa Mike and Graham as some people. Gonzo was the #6 TE last year and has made noises lately like he may want to play a couple more yrs, plus his situation is arguably better this year. I've got another pick coming up and there are several sleeper WR's I think can help me.

So basically I got Jacoby Ford, Tony Gonzolez and Ryan Williams for Mike Williams, Jimmy Graham (who may still be a project from latest reports) and the 2.3. I've got the Arizona RB sewn up and Ford to ease losing Mike Williams. In that light you still may not like it but it probably doesn't seem quite as bad either.

Does the former Graham owner know about the internet? It is like a series of tubes. Don't understand that trade at all.

yes, thank you...I do

Last edited by a moderator:
The Jimmy Graham for T-Gonzalez deal could be one of the worst I have ever seen. This is dynasty right ? This better be a 42 team league to make those draft picks worth the swap.

Team B gave up Gonzalez, Tony ATL TE; Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.09Team D gave up Graham, Jimmy NOS TE; Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.03
Maybe I'm not as high on Tampa Mike and Graham as some people. Gonzo was the #6 TE last year and has made noises lately like he may want to play a couple more yrs, plus his situation is arguably better this year
Really ? That's awful reasoning to deal off Graham.I offered my 1.02 in my league for Mike Williams and got turned down saying it was not even close to enough.

Zealots league

zzzzzzzzz will give

McCoy, Colt CLE QB

Rodgers, Jacquizz ATL RB

Dunlap, Carlos CIN DE

Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from zzzzzzzzzzzz

To xxxxxxxx for

Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB

Year 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from xxxx

Year 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from yyyyy

xxxxxx is left with Blount, CJ4.24, Charles, Quizz, handcuffs at RB.

I completely agree with Dez on both those. I own Williams in both of my main leagues, and it would have taken Ryan Williams + a guy like Greg Little and probably an early 2nd round pick. That was just a bad trade, and Mike is worth twice as much as Ryan.

On the Graham trade, Dez summed it up already.

Zealots leaguezzzzzzzzz will giveMcCoy, Colt CLE QBRodgers, Jacquizz ATL RBDunlap, Carlos CIN DEYear 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from zzzzzzzzzzzzTo xxxxxxxx forJones-Drew, Maurice JAC RBYear 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from xxxxYear 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from yyyyyxxxxxx is left with Blount, CJ4.24, Charles, Quizz, handcuffs at RB.
The only thing crazier than the trade is the team names.

zzzzzzzzz will giveMcCoy, Colt CLE QBRodgers, Jacquizz ATL RBDunlap, Carlos CIN DEYear 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from zzzzzzzzzzzzTo xxxxxxxx forJones-Drew, Maurice JAC RBYear 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from xxxxYear 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from yyyyy
you sure you didn't mean to put this in "worst trade offers" thread?

The Jimmy Graham for T-Gonzalez deal could be one of the worst I have ever seen. This is dynasty right ? This better be a 42 team league to make those draft picks worth the swap.

Team B gave up Gonzalez, Tony ATL TE; Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.09Team D gave up Graham, Jimmy NOS TE; Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.03
Maybe I'm not as high on Tampa Mike and Graham as some people. Gonzo was the #6 TE last year and has made noises lately like he may want to play a couple more yrs, plus his situation is arguably better this year
Really ? That's awful reasoning to deal off Graham.I offered my 1.02 in my league for Mike Williams and got turned down saying it was not even close to enough.
It wasn't Graham for Gonzalez. The whole purpose of the trade was to get Jacoby Ford at 1.9. Graham was the means to an end. You obviously didn't even read my post. Personally in a start 1 TE league that awards pts for punt/KO yds I'd rather have Jacoby Ford than Jimmy Graham.

It wasn't Graham for Gonzalez. The whole purpose of the trade was to get Jacoby Ford at 1.9. Graham was the means to an end. You obviously didn't even read my post. Personally in a start 1 TE league that awards pts for punt/KO yds I'd rather have Jacoby Ford than Jimmy Graham.
I have never played in return yards league for pts so I will give you that but maybe Ford drops to 2.3 ? He did fall to 1.9 right ? Even if he didn't Graham is considered 1 of the top 6-7 TE's already in his 2nd year and take his age into consideration you may have a top 5 TE for the next 10 years. Also the NFL now kicks off from the 35 yard line how many kick off returns will he even get this year ?

12-team, PPR, 30-man rosters, start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flx, 1K

Team A gives: Steve Johnson, WR, Buf

Team B gives: Jay Cutler, QB, Chi

I have never played in return yards league for pts so I will give you that but maybe Ford drops to 2.3 ? He did fall to 1.9 right ? Even if he didn't Graham is considered 1 of the top 6-7 TE's already in his 2nd year and take his age into consideration you may have a top 5 TE for the next 10 years. Also the NFL now kicks off from the 35 yard line how many kick off returns will he even get this year ?
Well, considering all of the maybe's, may's and might's I guess you've got to go with your gut. I'm convinced Ford wouldn't have lasted through 6 more picks, in fact I'm surprised he didn't go sooner. As for Graham I can see him being a very good red zone target but I just don't see him getting top 5 - 7 TE type targets/receptions. He'd just be my backup TE anyway behind Clark. As for Williams, last year weeks 9-17 Ford was 3rd only behind Greg Jennings and Dwayne Bowe in pts and ppg in our format. Mike Williams, in contrast , was WR29 during that same time frame. Do I feel bad losing Mike Williams from my WR corp and replacing him with Ford? Not really to tell you the truth! They're talking about getting him even more involved in the offense this year! So I've gained Ryan Williams to go with Beanie to lock up the Arizona backfield, replaced Williams with Ford, and replaced my TE2 with Gonzo vs Graham. So I don't have the latest hip designer name tags.....who cares? My team is better overall :yes:EDIT: Oh yeah, and BTW....the guy who felt Mike Williams was worth so much more than Ryan Williams?...I just checked out FBG's consensus dynasty rankings (over past 35 days) which have Ryan Williams ranked at 34 overall and Mike Williams at 52 overall. And Sigmund Bloom, who I probably respect the most on this site, has Ryan at 26 and Mike at 55. So I guess I'm not the only idiot here.

12-team, PPR, 30-man rosters, start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flx, 1KTeam A gives: Steve Johnson, WR, BufTeam B gives: Jay Cutler, QB, Chi
That looks to me like great value to get for Cutler. In my league (non-ppr, otherwise similar, start 3 WRs, smaller rosters) Cutler just went (together with L.Murphy, who is borderline rosterable with the small rosters) for Sims-Walker.

dragon1952, I didn't realize it was Mike Williams SEA. Then it is a good deal for you. If it was Mike Williams TB, yes it would be an awful deal. And the fact that you had Beanie Wells shouldn't have any impact on wanting Williams. I would rather have two backs from different teams.

PPR

Team A Gives:

Vincent Jackson

Lee Evans

2012 1st (likely high)

Team B Gives:

Andre Johnson

Dezmon Briscoe

2012 1st (fringe playoff team)

Note that neither of the 1st rounders involved belong to the teams trading.

'eakfootball said:
dragon1952, I didn't realize it was Mike Williams SEA. Then it is a good deal for you. If it was Mike Williams TB, yes it would be an awful deal. And the fact that you had Beanie Wells shouldn't have any impact on wanting Williams. I would rather have two backs from different teams.
No...you were correct, it was Tampa Mike Williams. That is how FBG has them ranked. I was a little surprised too. Now Waldman does have Mike ranked higher at 36 overall vs 52 for Ryan (still not a huge difference when we are talking 'overall'), and the consensus rankings appear to be severely skewed by Tefertiller's bizarre rankings of the two, but even if you take them out Mike and Ryan still rank right together at 43 and 44 overall dynasty, respectively. Everyone has a different opinion (and rankings) but I just don't see this as an awful deal, and those rankings seem to back me up.EDIT: Tefertiller must have been ranking the wrong Mike Williams as he doesn't even have him ranked in the top 105 overall.

10 team, 1/2 ppt for WRs/TEs only

Need for need:

Gave B Marshall

Received Ryan Williams

Pre Roster cut down moves to avoid outright drops:

Gave Cam Newton, Leonard Hankerson

Received Denarius Moore and a 2012 4th rounder

I had 7 rookies I liked, can only keep 5.

12 team PPR (the team trading Robiskie just traded 2 2nds to get him a few days ago so this is like him trading 4 2nd round picks as part of this deal)

Puerto Rico gave up:

Tolbert, Mike SDC RB

Olsen, Greg CAR TE

Orlando gave up:

Sproles, Darren NOS RB

Robiskie, Brian CLE WR

Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.05

Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.03

Year 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from Memphis

12-team, PPR, 30-man rosters, start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flx, 1KTeam A gives: Steve Johnson, WR, BufTeam B gives: Jay Cutler, QB, Chi
That looks to me like great value to get for Cutler. In my league (non-ppr, otherwise similar, start 3 WRs, smaller rosters) Cutler just went (together with L.Murphy, who is borderline rosterable with the small rosters) for Sims-Walker.
Insane

He'd just be my backup TE anyway behind Clark.
This is dynasty...Clark is 104 years old. How long you think that guy is going to last ?
Well he's signed through 2013 so that's 3 more years, at which point he would be 35 and a fee agent going into 2014. That's the same age Gonzo is now and he's still playing. Seriously, I'm not going to worry much about 4 yrs from now at TE in a start 1 league with a 22 man roster limit....lol

I made 2 trades this offseason in my 12 team 5 keeper PPR league.

- Traded Moreno (who I wasn't going to keep) and my 1.11 pick for the 1.6 pick

- Traded Greg Jennings (who I couldn't keep, no one would trade for an upgrade, and was going to go #1 overall) for the 3.6 pick (best value I could get)

14 team .5ppr

Team A gets Matt Forte

Team A gets Santonio Holmes

Team B gets Jay Cutler

Team B gets Lee Evans

Team B gets Cedric Benson

Team B gets Mike Tolbert

Team B is rebuilding and their current QB was Henne.

14 team .5pprTeam A gets Matt ForteTeam A gets Santonio HolmesTeam B gets Jay CutlerTeam B gets Lee EvansTeam B gets Cedric BensonTeam B gets Mike TolbertTeam B is rebuilding and their current QB was Henne.
FWIW, that's not rebuilding for Team B. It's terrible is what it is. I wouldn't give either player alone for those 4 pieces, let alone both of them.

'gianmarco said:
'Burl said:
14 team .5pprTeam A gets Matt ForteTeam A gets Santonio HolmesTeam B gets Jay CutlerTeam B gets Lee EvansTeam B gets Cedric BensonTeam B gets Mike TolbertTeam B is rebuilding and their current QB was Henne.
FWIW, that's not rebuilding for Team B. It's terrible is what it is. I wouldn't give either player alone for those 4 pieces, let alone both of them.
None of those 4 players will help much in a rebuild. Except to help get a higher draft pick.

I gave Lee Evans and Sims-Walker for Ryan Williams and Jordan Shipley.

Now this is a move a rebuilding team makes.

This team happened in my 12 team PPR

All tds 6 pts

1 qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 1d/st, 1k

Team A gave J. Shipley and Isaac Redman

Team B gave Jonathan Stewart

:shock:

Team B was Mendenhall owner....still seems he sold low.

I gave Lee Evans and Sims-Walker for Ryan Williams and Jordan Shipley.

Now this is a move a rebuilding team makes.
Ryan Williams pre-acl.....or post acl?
Post. Pretty sure it wouldn't have been accepted pre. Sure it's a risk but my team isn't winning anything this year.
I wish it was just an ACL. Whiz says its probably the dreaded tendon rupture. Not that you really gave up that much anyway. So weird to see Leshoure and Williams go down with the same injury so close.

This team happened in my 12 team PPRAll tds 6 pts1 qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 1d/st, 1kTeam A gave J. Shipley and Isaac RedmanTeam B gave Jonathan Stewart :shock: Team B was Mendenhall owner....still seems he sold low.
Seems ? This is why friends should not let friends make trades while drunk

12 team PPR - I gave up pick 6 this year because once Williams went out the drop from 5 to 6 seemed huge. Got a pick projected to be top 4 in 2013.

Charlotte gave up:

Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.06

Year 2013 Round 3 Draft Pick from Charlotte

Cleveland gave up:

Year 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from Cleveland

3 Team trade, who did best?

Team A gave: Jerome Simpson, Greg Salas, Joe McKnight, 2012 4th

Team A got: Mario Mannigham

Team B gave: Tim Hightower

Team B got: Greg Salas, Joe McKnight, 2 2012 4ths

Team C gave: Mario Manningham, 2012 4th

Team C got: Tim Hightower, Jerome Simpson

3 Team trade, who did best?Team A gave: Jerome Simpson, Greg Salas, Joe McKnight, 2012 4thTeam A got: Mario MannighamTeam B gave: Tim HightowerTeam B got: Greg Salas, Joe McKnight, 2 2012 4thsTeam C gave: Mario Manningham, 2012 4thTeam C got: Tim Hightower, Jerome Simpson
Team A easily.

12 team PPR - I gave up pick 6 this year because once Williams went out the drop from 5 to 6 seemed huge. Got a pick projected to be top 4 in 2013.

Charlotte gave up:

Cleveland gave up:

I'm all for acquiring future 1sts but I've seen too many teams improve drastically over the course of 2 years to give up Greg Little (or whoever the 6 was)

PPR 14 Team League

Dharma Bums gave up:

QB Kevin Kolb (ARI)

Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Dharma Bums (Should be mid to late pick)

Lupin Bandits gave up:

QB Donovan McNabb (MIN)

WR Santana Moss (WAS)

Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Lupin Bandits (Could be a early to mid pick)

Year 2012 Round 3 Draft Pick from Lupin Bandits

I Got a pick projected to be top 4 in 2013
I haven't laughed this hard in awhile. Thanks.
Current roster in 12 team league where we start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE and 2 FlexHe finished 12th place last year has picks 1-2 in draft (I already gave him Ingram and Green who he is taking)He already traded his 1st round pick in 2012 away so he won't be getting help for a bottom 2 finish this year.I am pretty confident he will be a top 4 pick in 2013 compared to the other teams in this league but you never know.Bradford (StL)Schaub (Hou)Beck (Wash)Whitehurst (Sea)Leinart (Hou)Ingram (NO)Wells (Arz)Bush (Oak)Snelling (Atl)Williams (Wash)Steph-Howling (Arz)Green (Cin)Benn (TB)Decker (Den)Hartline (Mia)Armstrong (Wash)Alexander (StL)Jones (Buf)Berrian (Minn)T-Williams (Dal)Tucker (KC)Watson (Cle)Shiancoe (Minn)

Charlotte gave up:

Cleveland gave up:

I'm all for acquiring future 1sts but I've seen too many teams improve drastically over the course of 2 years to give up Greg Little (or whoever the 6 was)
The clear cut top 5 will be gone I aquired pick 6 so I would make sure I got either Ryan Williams or D-Thomas because Little was going at pick 4 but that is now out the window.After D-Thomas going at 5 I would be reaching for anyone I took at 6. Coming into this year there was a clear top 7 now that is down to top 5 after the injuries to LeShoure and Williams.

Current roster in 12 team league where we start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE and 2 FlexHe finished 12th place last year has picks 1-2 in draft (I already gave him Ingram and Green who he is taking)He already traded his 1st round pick in 2012 away so he won't be getting help for a bottom 2 finish this year.I am pretty confident he will be a top 4 pick in 2013 compared to the other teams in this league but you never know.Bradford (StL)Schaub (Hou)Beck (Wash)Whitehurst (Sea)Leinart (Hou)Ingram (NO)Wells (Arz)Bush (Oak)Snelling (Atl)Williams (Wash)Steph-Howling (Arz)Green (Cin)Benn (TB)Decker (Den)Hartline (Mia)Armstrong (Wash)Alexander (StL)Jones (Buf)Berrian (Minn)T-Williams (Dal)Tucker (KC)Watson (Cle)Shiancoe (Minn)
Sure, it's not a good team, but it is not nearly bad enough for you to assume he will be in the bottom third two years from now. You're being overly optimistic here.I'm not saying it was necessarily a bad trade given the circumstances, but you are really employing a great deal of wishful thinking on your projection.

Current roster in 12 team league where we start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE and 2 FlexHe finished 12th place last year has picks 1-2 in draft (I already gave him Ingram and Green who he is taking)

He already traded his 1st round pick in 2012 away so he won't be getting help for a bottom 2 finish this year.

I am pretty confident he will be a top 4 pick in 2013 compared to the other teams in this league but you never know.

Bradford (StL)

Schaub (Hou)

Beck (Wash)

Whitehurst (Sea)

Leinart (Hou)

Ingram (NO)

Wells (Arz)

Bush (Oak)

Snelling (Atl)

Williams (Wash)

Steph-Howling (Arz)

Green (Cin)

Benn (TB)

Decker (Den)

Hartline (Mia)

Armstrong (Wash)

Alexander (StL)

Jones (Buf)

Berrian (Minn)

T-Williams (Dal)

Tucker (KC)

Watson (Cle)

Shiancoe (Minn)
Wouldnt be a huge surprise if Bradford were a top 4 QB, Ingram a top 5 RB, Wells a solid RB2, Green a decent WR1, and Benn a solid 2 in 2012. Without knowing the rest of your league, I'd guess he's middle of the pack next year.

Users who are viewing this thread