What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Off Season Dynasty Trade Thread (for completed trades) (2 Viewers)

Just made this trade:

Gave: AJ Jenkins and a 2013 1st (I'm thinking late first)

Got: Keenan Allen and a 2013 2nd (I'm thinking early second)

I figure I didn't slide back more than 8 picks total worst case.

Here is a fairly blockbuster deal, 12 team PPR, 2RB, 3WR, 1 TE, 1 W/R/T flex

Team A Sends:

Demaryius Thomas, WR DEN

Bryce Brown, RB PHI

Philip Rivers, QB SD

Team B Sends:

2014 1st round pick

2014 3rd round pick

Josh Freeman, QB TB

Shane Vereen, RB NE

Torrey Smith, WR BAL

Marquess Wilson, WR CHI

Andre Roberts, WR ARZ

Team A Sends:

Demaryius Thomas, WR DEN

Bryce Brown, RB PHI

Philip Rivers, QB SD

Team B Sends:

2014 1st round pick

2014 3rd round pick

Josh Freeman, QB TB

Shane Vereen, RB NE

Torrey Smith, WR BAL

Marquess Wilson, WR CHI

Andre Roberts, WR ARZ
I like the Thomas side by a big margin.

Thomas >>> Torrey Smith

I rate Bryce Brown as roughly equal to a future 1st (unless it projects as a top 4-5 pick).

Roberts is a sneaky sleeper. Not worth blowing your cap for though. Freeman and Vereen have little tangible value IMO, though you might be able to flip Vereen to a believer for a nice pick.

Ultimately, I'm just not a fan of shipping a superstar player for a bunch of smaller pieces, and I don't think he got enough upside back. He'll probably need to knock the pick out of the park or see Torrey become a dominant #1 for this one to work out. I think Thomas is one of the best WRs in the league and I wouldn't move him without getting a huge haul back.

Team A Sends:

Demaryius Thomas, WR DEN

Bryce Brown, RB PHI

Philip Rivers, QB SD

Team B Sends:

2014 1st round pick

2014 3rd round pick

Josh Freeman, QB TB

Shane Vereen, RB NE

Torrey Smith, WR BAL

Marquess Wilson, WR CHI

Andre Roberts, WR ARZ
Team A got hosed.

Team A Sends:

Demaryius Thomas, WR DEN

Bryce Brown, RB PHI

Philip Rivers, QB SD

Team B Sends:

2014 1st round pick

2014 3rd round pick

Josh Freeman, QB TB

Shane Vereen, RB NE

Torrey Smith, WR BAL

Marquess Wilson, WR CHI

Andre Roberts, WR ARZ

Thomas >>> Torrey Smith

I rate Bryce Brown as roughly equal to a future 1st (unless it projects as a top 4-5 pick).

Roberts is a sneaky sleeper. Not worth blowing your cap for though. Freeman and Vereen have little tangible value IMO, though you might be able to flip Vereen to a believer for a nice pick.

Ultimately, I'm just not a fan of shipping a superstar player for a bunch of smaller pieces, and I don't think he got enough upside back. He'll probably need to knock the pick out of the park or see Torrey become a dominant #1 for this one to work out. I think Thomas is one of the best WRs in the league and I wouldn't move him without getting a huge haul back.
Disagree about Vereen having no tangible value. I suspect the team A owner viewed him as a huge part of the deal. He has a chance to be a pretty solid RB2 in PPR.

I still like the side getting Demaryius, but if Vereen turns into a younger version of Darren Sproles, this deal is even. Maybe even turns the trade into a Team A win...

I still like the side getting Demaryius, but if Vereen turns into a younger version of Darren Sproles, this deal is even. Maybe even turns the trade into a Team A win...
Yea, and if Andre Roberts turns into a younger version of Jerry Rice it's also even.

I don't share the optimism for Vereen that many people have. Very mediocre player whose value has been pumped up by a flukey playoff game and circumstantial factors. Right away, you know he isn't going to get a lot of carries with Ridley entrenched. So his whole value is predicated on the idea that he's this great receiving back. I just don't see it. He's okay, but not worthy of comparison to Sproles or Welker. More like Kevin Faulk.

Belichick has no track record of getting great production from multiple RBs and I don't see that changing. The best Vereen can hope for is something like what Woodhead did last year. Modest value. Not something that should tempt you into shipping out a player like Thomas.

It's almost always a mistake to move one great starter for a bunch of filler. You can always get filler. A guy like Thomas is almost impossible to find.

Last edited by a moderator:

Team A Sends:

Demaryius Thomas, WR DEN

Bryce Brown, RB PHI

Philip Rivers, QB SD

Team B Sends:

2014 1st round pick

2014 3rd round pick

Josh Freeman, QB TB

Shane Vereen, RB NE

Torrey Smith, WR BAL

Marquess Wilson, WR CHI

Andre Roberts, WR ARZ

Thomas >>> Torrey Smith

Disagree about Vereen having no tangible value. I suspect the team A owner viewed him as a huge part of the deal. He has a chance to be a pretty solid RB2 in PPR.

This is true. Offer was with Stewart and an extra 2nd for only Demaryius, but needed Vereen, even if it cost Brown and Rivers to get it done.

To say that Freeman and Vereen have little to no value is way off base...but I don't think either will ever be a stud that wins titles. However, were Ridley to get hurt or Vereen to realize upside, he's a very real shot at becoming that kind of difference maker.

Team A Sends:

Demaryius Thomas, WR DEN

Bryce Brown, RB PHI

Philip Rivers, QB SD

Team B Sends:

2014 1st round pick

Josh Freeman, QB TB

Shane Vereen, RB NE

Torrey Smith, WR BAL
That's what the deal boils down too. I think Rivers and Freeman about cancel out. Brown is about worth a 2014 1st, with potential to skyrocket if Shady has another concussion. That leaves it to DT for Torrey/Vereen. I prefer DT.

Team A Sends:

Demaryius Thomas, WR DEN

Bryce Brown, RB PHI

Philip Rivers, QB SD

Team B Sends:

2014 1st round pick

2014 3rd round pick

Josh Freeman, QB TB

Shane Vereen, RB NE

Torrey Smith, WR BAL

Marquess Wilson, WR CHI

Andre Roberts, WR ARZ
I've been on the Torrey bandwagon at his value since day 1. But this...this is tragic.

In general you want to be the guy getting less players in a trade. If I am going 3 for 1 you can bet that the one is the higher value guy. Those other two guys are generally a lot more replaceable. I always looks to concentrate two or three C+ players into a B player. It has to do with roster spot scarcity and being able to pluck players off the wire. Very little chance you get a B- player offer the wire. However if you keep looking you might well find a C+ or C player do backload those roster spots.

Also when you have below average guy on the end of the roster you are more open to pulling the trigger on releasing him for somebody you like on the wire. You might cut a guy like Daniel Thomas for an Alfred Morris whereas you might hang on to a guy like Robert Turbin and miss out.

Same League - 1 PPR Start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE

Deal #1

Team A Sends:

Rob Gronkowski

Team B Sends:

LeSean McCoy

Deal #2

Team A Sends:

DeMarco Murray

Brian Hartline

Team C Sends:

(2) 1st Round Picks 2014

(1) 2nd Round Pick 2014

FFPC trade in my league I was not involved in.

Code:
     Ryan Mathews (SDG)
Code:
    2014 Draft, Rnd 1
Code:
    2014 Draft, Rnd 2
Code:
for
Code:
     Alfred Morris (WAS)
Code:
    2014 Draft, Rnd 3

Same League - 1 PPR Start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE

Deal #1

Team A Sends:

Rob Gronkowski

Team B Sends:

LeSean McCoy

Deal #2

Team A Sends:

DeMarco Murray

Brian Hartline

Team C Sends:

(2) 1st Round Picks 2014

(1) 2nd Round Pick 2014
I love Gronk but give me McCoy and give me the picks

Morris

Cruz

Keller

for

AP

Blackmon
AP/Blackmon easy
agree
Really? I'm not sure how long AP has left, and for those that subscribe to the headcase theory, Blackmon could keep getting into trouble.

I'd prefer the AP Blackmon side too, but it's way closer than you make it sound. If my team weren't competing, I could see making this deal IF it included picks instead of Keller. Keller is a nothing value to me. That's what really makes me want to AP/Blackmon side.

In sum: AP/JB worth more, but not a lot more than Morris/Cruz.

Morris

Cruz

Keller

for

AP

Blackmon
AP/Blackmon easy
I don't think I would agree. Depends on how you value Blackmon. I know most people haven't downgraded him significantly because of the 4 game suspension. However, I view him as damaged goods and is a player I would not acquire in any trade, unless he was a throw in.

So, from my perspective, the trade is pretty much Peterson for Morris/Cruz and looks pretty even to me, I can see an argument for either side depending on the existing rosters.

Morris

Cruz

Keller

for

AP

Blackmon
AP/Blackmon easy
agree
Really? I'm not sure how long AP has left, and for those that subscribe to the headcase theory, Blackmon could keep getting into trouble.

I'd prefer the AP Blackmon side too, but it's way closer than you make it sound. If my team weren't competing, I could see making this deal IF it included picks instead of Keller. Keller is a nothing value to me. That's what really makes me want to AP/Blackmon side.

Peterson is a future Hall of Famer.

Team A gives

Jonathan Franklin
Darren Sproles
Steve Smith
Tyler Eifert
Heath Miller

Team B Gives

Jimmy Graham
Terence Ganaway
Tandon Doss

FFPC High Stakes league, PPR, QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE (1.5 PPR), 2 FLX

I gave Josh Gordon, Gio Bernard and Danario Alexander

I received Demaryius Thomas and Ryan Williams (I also have Mendenhall)

I like it. Thomas is Gordon's best case scenario and Gio is probably only 30-35% to develop into a quality FF starter.

Start 2QB 2RB 4WR

Tyler Wilson

Knile Davis

For

Cordarelle Patterson

Mario Manningham
Even in that format I would take Patterson over the two middle round guys. The difference in quality is enough to justify taking the non-premium position, IMO.

Morris

Cruz

Keller

for

AP

Blackmon
AP/Blackmon easy
agree

So's Brett Favre. Failing to see the worth. Peterson is 28, Morris is only only 24 and plays in a way friendlier offense. I'd bet Morris outrushes Peterson over the next 5 years.

I'd still take Peterson/Blackmon, don't get me wrong. But to suggest that the gap is anything more than very small and arguable...that's totally wrong as well.

So's Brett Favre. Failing to see the worth. Peterson is 28, Morris is only only 24 and plays in a way friendlier offense. I'd bet Morris outrushes Peterson over the next 5 years.
I don't agree with this way of thinking. Morris' window is no different than Peterson's. Window is much more important than age. It's unlikely Peterson is running well at 33, but I think more unlikely Morris is in the league at 29.

This point last year how many RBs now in the dustbin were valued over SJax and Gore.

12 team, PPR, dynasty

Team A gives:

Aaron Rodgers

DeAngelo Williams

Team B gives:

Tom Brady

Kendall Wright

2014 1st Round Pick

12 team ppr

Team A gets Redskins wr Garcon and Pats wr Boyce

Team B gets Dolphins wr Wallace
LOVE, love, love ... the Team A side in a dynasty format.
I am down on Garcon, so would take Wallace in a vacuum. If rosters are deep enough to stash Boyce for a couple years with low opportunity cost and was able to flip Garcon to someone who had some faith, I could get behind that side.

I don't agree with this way of thinking. Morris' window is no different than Peterson's. Window is much more important than age. It's unlikely Peterson is running well at 33, but I think more unlikely Morris is in the league at 29.

This point last year how many RBs now in the dustbin were valued over SJax and Gore.
There's probably some truth to this, but I don't know that the last point is quite valid given the situation. You'd have to take into consideration that Morris just led the league as a rookie and looked terrific, so it's not like he's some Jacquizz Rodgers type who people are *hoping* develops into a viable fantasy asset, he's much more proven. Whether he keeps it up is certainly debatable, but on the field so far he's been very good.

Morris

Cruz

Keller

for

AP

Blackmon
AP/Blackmon easy
agree

I'd still take Peterson/Blackmon, don't get me wrong. But to suggest that the gap is anything more than very small and arguable...that's totally wrong as well.
No that gap is very large, after all the discussion only includes the best player in the NFL. ADP is better then Cruz and Morris and Keller all by himself, add in Blackmon even after suspended 4 games and the deal is in huge favor of the person getting ADP.

Someone has Morris on his team. Morris should not even be mentioned in the same breath as ADP In any comparison anywhere.

Shoot it's quite possible ADP could get more yards this year then Morris gets in his next 2, so who cares about 5. Will most be in the same dyno in 5 years? And if so there will be better runner then Morris in 5 years.

Full disclosure, I have both ADP and Morris in leagues.

There's probably some truth to this, but I don't know that the last point is quite valid given the situation. You'd have to take into consideration that Morris just led the league as a rookie and looked terrific, so it's not like he's some Jacquizz Rodgers type who people are *hoping* develops into a viable fantasy asset, he's much more proven. Whether he keeps it up is certainly debatable, but on the field so far he's been very good.
Led the league in what?

14 team, Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE) 1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE), 1 PPR

Gave:

BenJarvus Green-Ellis

Reggie Wayne

Received:

Michael Crabtree

Kendall Hunter

2014 1st round pick (expected to be late, other team won the league last year and looks strong again)

At WR after the trade I have: Nelson/T Smith/A. Brown/J. Blackmon/Jennings/Givens/S. Hill/Crabtree

At RB after the trade I have: McFadden/R. jennings/Alf Morris/Ray Rice/Hunter

I added Hunter to the deal as the Gore owner has B. Pierce and I think I can get him for Hunter! I also felt like it was nice to get some value for Wayne when I don't need him badly this season! Interested to hear thoughts though!

14 team, Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE) 1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE), 1 PPR

Gave:

BenJarvus Green-Ellis

Reggie Wayne

Received:

Michael Crabtree

Kendall Hunter

2014 1st round pick (expected to be late, other team won the league last year and looks strong again)

At WR after the trade I have: Nelson/T Smith/A. Brown/J. Blackmon/Jennings/Givens/S. Hill/Crabtree

I added Hunter to the deal as the Gore owner has B. Pierce and I think I can get him for Hunter! I also felt like it was nice to get some value for Wayne when I don't need him badly this season! Interested to hear thoughts though!
I like sunset!!

If that is a dynasty league where you got THAT much for Wayne I would seriously wonder about collusion if I was in that league. Or I would assume the Crabtree side owner had a recent and severe brain injury

Gave:

BenJarvus Green-Ellis

Reggie Wayne

Received:

Michael Crabtree

Kendall Hunter

I like sunset!!
I don't get it? :S

If that is a dynasty league where you got THAT much for Wayne I would seriously wonder about collusion if I was in that league. Or I would assume the Crabtree side owner had a recent and severe brain injury
It's a dynasty league yeah! The other owner won the league last season and has a somewhat aging roster, he also drafted Gio and wanted BJGE quite badly. I think he's decided to make a run at a second title in a row (I'd pick him as one of the top 3, probably number 2 going into the season).

I don't really see why someone who believed in Gio enough to draft him probably in the top-3 would feel the need to handcuff him with BGJE. Either you're right or you're wrong about Gio. There's no need to throw away more good money on a hedge that's not even good enough on his own to have much worth.

12 team 2 QB/2RB/3WR/2TE/2flex PPR-

team a
Brees, Drew NOS QB
Fleener, Coby IND TE

Team b
Vereen, Shane NEP RB
Floyd, Michael ARI WR

Users who are viewing this thread