What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 NBA Thread: I felt a great disturbance in the trolls, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. (1 Viewer)

I don't really know what Curry has to complain about. The last one was questionable but not that egregious. Rest seemed pretty obvious. 
I actually agree with this.  Curry got away with a "no call" three when the ref didn't blow his whistle when Curry obviously kicked his leg out on a three--and let it be a no call.  That easily could have been called an offensive foul.  The officials are never perfect--and tonight was no different--Cleveland outplayed a hobbled GS team tonight. I hate admitting that as I am rooting for GS to win this series.  Also--just as a side note--if any other player threw something at the stands and struck a fan--it would be a guaranteed suspension.  My guess is that Curry won't be suspended--and if this is the case--it would be an absolute gift to him from the NBA. If Demarcus does that--he's easily suspended. 

The Warriors seem like their will is broken. They're way off their game. Lebron is in their head. All the momentum is in Cleveland's favor. 

If I'm the Cavs, I come out in Game 7 and immediately go after Curry and Green on offensive. Frustrate them, get them in foul trouble and try to get Green to flip out and get tossed.

cleveland outplayed the Warriors all night.  That said, the officiating was a complete embarrassment.  3 of the 6 fouls on Curry were just awful.
That happens when a defender doesn't move his feet.  Curry consistently stood up, bodied a player, and reached.  He also was a step late on numerous loose balls tonight.

The outcome of game 6 had nothing to do with officiating.

The Warriors seem like their will is broken. They're way off their game. Lebron is in their head. All the momentum is in Cleveland's favor. 

If I'm the Cavs, I come out in Game 7 and immediately go after Curry and Green on offensive. Frustrate them, get them in foul trouble and try to get Green to flip out and get tossed.
Agreed.  The Cavs have been the (much) better team for 3.75 straight games. 

Also have to give Lue credit for his adjustments. Kerr gets the final move presumably and seems like coach with last adjustment gets the advantage but that adjustment is covering LeBron. 

Also have to give Lue credit for his adjustments. Kerr gets the final move presumably and seems like coach with last adjustment gets the advantage but that adjustment is covering LeBron. 
Seems to be a pretty clear cut strategy for that. They tried the #### punch and it didn't work, so now what?

Jordan, Magic, Kareem, Lebron, and Russell out of consideration for history but not reality.  One of those guys is 1st and one of them is 2nd.  Not sure what the debate would be.

Congrats on the championship, Cleveland fans.
I'm not nearly as big of a Lebron fan as I am of Dream (favorite all time player), but one of my favorite basketball memories is David Robinson saying he put his MVP trophy in the closet after they lost to the Rockets, knowing that while he deserved an award for great play he knew he wasn't the best player.

I don't dislike Curry in the slightest and actually enjoy that he is inspiring young people to shoot and learn fundamentals.  He is amazing to watch.  But he is getting eviscerated in an Hakeem/Robinson kind of way.  Even when he scores 30 he isn't affecting the game nearly as much as Lebron.

The Lowe/JVG podcast had a brief discussion on if fans/players might be resentful a bit of GReen.  This could/should be over.  Now Bogut is hurt.  Maybe Iggy hurt.  Just saying...

Press just asked Kerr about this incident and if he was concerned Curry would be suspended.  Kerr was laughing really hard before the question was over.
He also just was saying that the league MVP shouldn't get fouls called that a normal player gets called.  While its always been true, its always been messed up.

Did the press inform him that Udonis was suspended for the same thing?
Yes.  Kerr was laughing and said he wasn't concerned.

Kerr spent several racks going after the refs in his presser.  Said it was unfair that Curry and Klay were constantly held and grabbed, only to have a bunch of touch fouls called on "the MVP".  Called three of Curry's fouls "incredibly inappropriate calls" and was fine with Curry throwing his mouthpiece because we were all upset with the officiating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the press inform him that Udonis was suspended for the same thing?
To be clear, the Haslem incident was a mouthpiece thrown directly and intentionally at referee Joey Crawford.  Suspension was from engaging the ref like that.

In Haslem's defense, Crawford probably had it coming.

Yes.  Kerr was laughing and said he wasn't concerned.

Kerr spent several racks going after the refs in his presser.  Said it was unfair that Curry and Klay were constantly held and grabbed, only to have a bunch of touch fouls called on "the MVP".  Called three of Curry's fouls "ridiculous", and was fine with Curry throwing his mouthpiece because we were all upset with the officiating.
That's pretty sad coming from a coach.

Kerr really is a Phil Jackson disciple...Jackson loved to whine about officiating even after his team was clearly beaten as well.  

That's pretty sad coming from a coach.
He went out of his way to say his team got outplayed and the officiating wasn't the reason they lost.

Kerr's remarks weren't that outrageous by NBA playoff standards.  Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, Larry Brown, and other top-shelf coaches were perfectly willing to pay a fine to get in the refs' heads the next game.

He went out of his way to say his team got outplayed and the officiating wasn't the reason they lost.

Kerr's remarks weren't that outrageous by NBA playoff standards.  Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, Larry Brown, and other top-shelf coaches were perfectly willing to pay a fine to get in the refs' heads the next game.
I'm talking about him being fine with his players throwing things at fans.

Seriously. Nobody (save Draymond) is that stupid. I think he meant to throw it at the video advertisement board but in his rage it sailed on him.
Curry is such a good shooter from that range, I'd have given him at least a 30% chance of throwing his mouthguard through the basket if he had attempted it.  The way he skillfully handled the release of his widely bashed new shoes leads me to believe he'll have some fun with the mouth guard throw in the next few days.

Imagine if LeBron threw a mouth guard and hit a fan?  I'll leave it at that.  Serious double standard.  Between Draymond, Curry acting like a baby and Kerr complaining.  Funny what adversity does.  

#### i got drunk in m middle if b the v4th.what's the plan
Kerr is looking forward to the series being settled over 48 minutes in front of his home crowd.  

Was cagey about Iguodala's health, just said it's the first time he's been happy about having two days off between games.

----

Offensively, probably need to find someone besides Curry and Klay to hit a few shots.  Barnes is ice cold and with Game 7 approaching but at least it's at home.  Green's a warrior who will also feed off the home crowd energy.  

Defensively... curious what will change, if anything.  GSW has been content letting LeBron and Irving handle the ball and take a lot of shots and keep the role players out of it.  CLE has adjusted by using Curry's man as the screener for LeBron/Irving, force the switch, then spread out to make it tough to switch back.  Conventional wisdom says force guys like JR Smith and Iman Shumpert to hit jumpers on the road in a Game 7, but GSW prides itself on being unconventional.

Kerr is looking forward to the series being settled over 48 minutes in front of his home crowd.  

Was cagey about Iguodala's health, just said it's the first time he's been happy about having two days off between games.

----

Offensively, probably need to find someone besides Curry and Klay to hit a few shots.  Barnes is ice cold and with Game 7 approaching but at least it's at home.  Green's a warrior who will also feed off the home crowd energy.  

Defensively... curious what will change, if anything.  GSW has been content letting LeBron and Irving handle the ball and take a lot of shots and keep the role players out of it.  CLE has adjusted by using Curry's man as the screener for LeBron/Irving, force the switch, then spread out to make it tough to switch back.  Conventional wisdom says force guys like JR Smith and Iman Shumpert to hit jumpers on the road in a Game 7, but GSW prides itself on being unconventional.
Unconventional - intentionally losing game 3. 

I think its fair to say he was just pissed and throwing it.  Not at anyone or anything.  Whether that is a sufficient defense is up in the air.  
He's never getting suspended.  I just though what Kerr said was pretty bad.  He shouldn't be fine with players throwing things into the stands.

It's the NBA though and I don't watch it anywhere near as much as I used to.  Maybe it's not that uncommon.

Users who are viewing this thread