What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 Shark Pool mock draft - The SECOND one (1 Viewer)

With the 4.32 the Pats select:

Kenny Bell, WR Nebraska

Feel like I could have gone any direction I wanted here, I think the Pats will probably take another Guard in this mock, but I'm sure there will be someone there at the 6.02. Same is probably true for WR, but making a slight reach here because I like him.

. Hes got good size, a little over 6'1" 200lbs, ran a 4.3 at his pro day, his explosiveness is great, 42" vert, 10'9" broad, 4.15 shuttle and one of the fastest 3 cones among receivers at 6.66 (bonus points).An impressive mixture of size, speed, explosiveness and agility. He brings a lot to the table in NE's offense. To top it off, he's a ST/KR, BB loves that ####.

2.14 Michael Bennett, DL

2.32 Mario Edwards Jr, DL

3.15 Danielle Hunter, EDGE

3.32 Arie Kouandjio, OG

3.33 Josh Shaw, CB

4.02 Jeremy Langford, RB

4.32 Kenny Bell, WR

Last edited by a moderator:
4* 132 San Francisco 49ers

4* 133 Denver Broncos

4* 134 Seattle Seahawks

4* 135 Cincinnati Bengals

4* 136 Baltimore Ravens

5 137 Minnesota Vikings from Tampa Bay via Buffalo [R5 - 1]

5 138 Tennessee Titans

5 139 Jacksonville Jaguars

5 140 Oakland Raiders

5 141 Washington Redskins

5 142 Chicago Bears from New York Jets [R5 - 2]

5 143 Denver Broncos from Chicago [R5 - 3]

5 144 New York Giants

5 145 Philadelphia Eagles from St. Louis [R5 - 4]

5 146 Atlanta Falcons

5 147 Cleveland Browns

5 148 New Orleans Saints

5 149 Miami Dolphins from Minnesota [R5 - 5]

5 150 Miami Dolphins

5 151 San Francisco 49ers

5 152 Houston Texans

5 153 San Diego Chargers

5 154 New Orleans Saints from Kansas City [R5 - 6]

5 155 Buffalo Bills

5 156 Philadelphia Eagles

5 157 Cincinnati Bengals

5 158 Baltimore Ravens from Detroit [R5 - 7]

5 159 Arizona Cardinals

5 160 Pittsburgh Steelers

5 161 Carolina Panthers

5 162 Tampa Bay Buccaneers from Baltimore [R5 - 8]

5 163 Dallas Cowboys

5 164 Denver Broncos

5 165 Indianapolis Colts

5 166 Green Bay Packers

5 167 Seattle Seahawks

5 168 Detroit Lions from New England via Tampa Bay [R5 - 9]

5* 169 Carolina Panthers

5* 170 Seattle Seahawks

5* 171 Baltimore Ravens

5* 172 Kansas City Chiefs

5* 173 Kansas City Chiefs

5* 174 Carolina Panthers

5* 175 Houston Texans

5* 176 Baltimore Ravens

They don't call this the glacially paced sloth-like in tempo mock for nothing. Oh, really? Thats the other one?

Are you sure?

Denver so far - DJ Humphries, Quinten Rolins, Xavier Cooper,

Needs: TE, DE, FS

1. Wes Saxton, TE, South Alabama

2. Markus Golden, OLB, Missouri

3 Ibraheim Campbell S, Northwestern - more of strong safety according to reports

Saxton over Blake Bell? Has Bell been taken?
Are any of the TE's left really going to get anywhere near the field with Daniels, Green, Casey ahead of them anyway? Not saying those TE's are great either btw, just saying the TE's remaining better be beasts on special teams.

Are any of the TE's left really going to get anywhere near the field with Daniels, Green, Casey ahead of them anyway? Not saying those TE's are great either btw, just saying the TE's remaining better be beasts on special teams.
The Audible this Thursday, last 15 minutes. (1hr45m30s mark)

"If the Broncos don't take Maxx Williams in the first, they will take Blake Bell in the fourth"
They talked about TEs from this unimpressive class. Blake Bell was mentioned a number of times, comparisons to Kelce, Julius and Gronk.

Bell isn't an inline or move TE, he is a prototypical TE that is above average at both. In a good situation (like Denver) he could be Julius.

6'6" 250, 4.8 forty.

Nice explination, and I hadn't listened to the link.

How many TE's are active on gamedays?

What has DEN done to address the C position? I am surprised how many C's are left in this draft. I don't expect Finney to last this long in the real draft, but there are a few other ones that may be a better fit for that offense.

I honestly have no idea what Denver needs lol. Just saying if they were looking at TEs, between FBGs and Walterfootball, Bell seems to be flying under radars.

If they need an Edge player, Golden isn't a bad pick here either.

Also, not being a subscriber anymore, I couldn't recommend their free content enough. The RSP film room and the FBGs audible are great.

4.135 Cincinnati Bengals - OLB Jordan Hicks - Texas

Considered him earlier in the round. Bengals have a need at LB and they fill it here with a kid from Cincinnati. Projects as a 4-3 guy - probably more of a depth but the Bengals have a good track record of coaching up linebackers to be better than where they draft 'em (if they draft 'em at all). They've had him for a visit so this is another pick that feels like it could actually happen.

Ratbirds are on the clock to finish out the round :)

1.21 - OT Ereck Flowers

2.21 - DT Carl Davis

3.21 - WR Sammy Coates

3.35 - TE Jeff Heuerman

4.21 - CB Doran Grant

4.36 - OLB Jordan Hicks

-QG

Ted Thompson, my man...

"You factor everything in," Thompson said. "But that doesn't carry as much weight as it might with other organizations because they go about weighting those things differently than we do. There's a certain amount of weighting in terms of need, but I am adamant that that's not the way to draft. The way to draft is to take the best player. You don't know what you're going to need.

"People get banged up, injuries happen. Life happens. What you think you're strong at you're not necessarily strong at. ... If you reach and take something that's not quite as good, then you may not be getting the same value. I know you don't believe that, but it's true."

So that's why Thompson insists he feels no pressure to find inside linebackers after losing three this off-season.

"The pressure, in my view, is making sure we take good players," he said.

With 4.136, the Baltimore Ravens select WR Dezmin Lewis, Central Arkansas

Pros: 6'4", 4.46 40 (pro day), hands catcher, high points ball, terrible QB's led to ability to work back to ball, Senior Bowl standout

Cons: weak competition, few routes, unknown run block ability

1.26 - Max Williams, TE, Minnesota

2.41 - Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State

4.122 - Mike Davis, RB, South Carolina

4.125 - Senquez Golson, CB, Mississippi

4.136 - Dezmin Lewis, WR, Central Arkansas

I'm out for Baltimore. Thanks to everybody, had fun participating.

Good time of the draft to take swings at high upside picks like that.

Kind of surprised at the slow lingering death of this thing... there are a list UFA's I hope SD is considering and we can barely get through the halfway point of a mock draft!? The draft might be the most concentrated few days of the year that effects the franchise for years to come.

We're really going to try and do round 5?
:shrug: at this point I'd rather just see people's lists:

1. The players you expect to go in the first four rounds who haven't been drafted yet

2. Players you're interested to see where they land.

3. Players you expect your chosen team to draft if available.

Kind of messy formatting, but here is the breakdown by team:

Arizona

Todd Gurley

CB Steve Nelson

Lynden Trail OLB Norfolk St.

Atlanta

Dante Fowler

MLB Benardrick McKinney

OLB Davis Tull

Baltimore

Maxx Williams

WR Devin Smith

Mike Davis RB South Carolina

Senquez Golson CB Mississippi

Dezmin Lewis, WR Central Arkansas

Buffalo

LB Stephone Anthony

QB Garrett Grayson

Carolina

Landon Collins

Tevin Coleman

OT Daryl Williams

Justin Hardy WR East Carolina

Chicago

Amari Cooper

CB Byron Jones

RB T.J. Yeldon

Lorenzo Mauldin, LB, Louisville

Cincinnati

Ereck Flowers

Carl Davis

WR Sammy Coates

TE Ohio State

Doran Grant CB Ohio State

Jordan Hicks Texas

Cleveland

Arik Armstead

Melvin Gordon

LB/S Shaq Thompson

Devin Funchess

WR Chris Conley

Sean Mannion, QB, OSU

Jesse James, TE, PSU

Dallas

CB Kevin Johnson

Damarious Randall

Denver

DJ Humphries

Quinten Rolins

Xavier Cooper, DT, Washington St

Ben Koyak, TE, Notre Dame

Detroit

Danny Shelton

RB Duke Johnson

GreenBay

Jalen Collins

Ameer Abdullah

Ben Heeney, ILB, Kansas

Marcus Hardison, DE, Arizona State

Houston

Bud Dupree

Nelson Agholor

TE Clive Walford

R.Wilson, ILB, Georgia

Indianapolis

Jordan Phillips

PJ Williams

Ty Sambrailo OT Colorado St.

Frank Clark, DE, Michigan

Jacksonville

Vic Beasley

RB Jay Ajayi

CB Ronald Darby

Derron Smith

KansasCity

Andrus Peat

ILB Paul Dawson

DE Trey Flowers

D'Joun Smith CB, Florida Atlantic

James Sample S Louisville

Miami

Breshad Perriman

OG A.J. Cann

Denzel Perryman

Mark Giowinsky OG, WVU

Minnesota

Devante Parker

Malcolm Brown

WR Tre McBride

David Johnson, RB Northern Iowa

Adrian Amos, S, PSU

New York Giants

Brandon Scherff

DT Eddie Goldman

S Cody Prewitt

Kwon Alexander

New England

DT Michael Bennett

Mario Edwards Jr

OLB Danielle Hunter

Arie Kouandjio, OG, Alabama

Josh Shaw, CB SoCal

Jeremy Langford

Kenny Bell, WR Nebraska

New York Jets

Javorius Buck Allen RB, USC

Kevin White

OLB Eli Harold

QB Bryce Petty

NewOrleans

Randy Gregory

Eric Kendricks

OG Laken Thomlinson

WR Tyler Lockett

LB Taiwan Jones

Oakland

Leonard Williams

WR Phillip Dorsett

DE Preston Smith

Jarvis Harrison, OG, Texas A&M

Anthony Harris S Virginia

Philadelphia

TJ Clemmings

Eric Rowe

WR Rashad Green

Z.Smith, DE, Kentucky

Pittsburgh

Marcus Peters

Hau'Oli Kikaha

CB Alex Carter

Tyler Kroft TE Rutgers

SanDiego

Cameron Erving

OLB Owambage Odlghizuwa

DE Henry Anderson

Rob Havenstein OT Wisconsin

SanFrancisco

Trae Waynes

Dorial Green Beckham

Anthony Chickillo DE Miami

Jake Ryan, ILB Michigan

Seattle

Hroniss Grasu

Tony Lippett, WR/CB Michigan St

John Miller, OG Louisville

Gabe Wright, DT, Auburn

Dres Anderson, WR, Utah

St.Louis

La'el Collins

Tre' Jackson

QB Brett Hundley

Ifo Ekpre Olomu, CB Oregon

Reese Dismukes, C Auburn

TampaBay

Jameis Winston

OT Jake Fisher

DE Nate Orchard

Josue Matias G Florida State

Tennessee

Marcus Mariota

OT Cedric Ogbuehi

G Ali Marpet

David Cobb

Washington

Shane Ray

WR Jalen Strong

T Donovan Smith

Grady Jarrett

Jaquiski Tartt

I'm guessing my Bengals would spend the last 3 picks likely on a backup RB (think a Peerman type), a versatile backup lineup, possibly a second TE if they like one on the board, a DE if they didn't address it (as was the case in my mock). They grade heavy on the ability to play special teams in these rounds.

-QG

Jets would go OL and S at this point, and would have gone S in the 4th if I hadn't picked a guy who was already picked. They'd also possibly even select an RB in the late rounds.

Either way, four rounds was enough for this draft. I support the mercy killing.

With the Pats mock thus far they would have gone OL at the 6.02. There are a couple G/T likely available there like Mitch Morse or Poutasi.

Probably grab a RB/WR/TE with their two 7ths. Fringe players, converted players like Darren Waller or Blake Bell if he's somehow still there.

I think the Pats are gonna try and trade back on day one but if they can't will go DT if Phillips, Brown or Goldman are still there. Might go Corner but I doubt it. Could surprise and take a linebacker like Shaq Thompson or Bendarick Mckinney.

In the second I think they go guard targeting Tomlinson or Marpet, would not be surprised if they held off if those two aren't there at the 2.32, huge drop off after them. If they wait to take a guard I think they go athletic front 7. Michael Bennett, Mario Edwards, Danielle Hunter.

The Pats effectively have 3 thirds with the 3.32, 3.33 and 4.02. I could see them snatching up a RB, WR, OG, CB or LB. Maybe even a pure NT like Joey Mbu if they passed on DTs.

At the 4.32 I don't see them skipping WR/RB/TE, deep class and they don't pick again till the 6.02.

At the 3-4 turn I like Tre Mcbride, Chris Conley, David Johnson, Jeremy Langford maybe even Ajayi if he slips.

(Mock # in BLUE)

1 Tampa Bay - Grahamburn - Jameis Winston Actual pick - Winston (1)
2 Tennessee - Andy D - Marcus Mariota Actual pick - Mariota (2)
3 Jacksonville - Mr. Brownstone - Vic Beasley Actual pick - Dante Fowler (5) (Beasley went 8th)
4 Oakland - massraider - Leonard Williams Actual pick - Amari Cooper (7) (Williams went 6th)
5 Atlanta (from Washington - Brunell4MVP) - Dante Fowler Actual pick - Brandon Scherff (9) to Washington (Fowler went 3rd)
6 NY Jets - Rockaction - Kevin White Actual pick - Leonard Williams (4) (White went 7th)
7 Chicago - Ben & Jerry's - Amari Cooper Actual pick - Kevin White (6) (Cooper went 4th)
8 Washington (from Atlanta - Blackjacks) - Shane Ray Actual pick - Vic Beasley (3) to Atlanta (Ray went 23rd)
9 New York Giants - RC94 - Brandon Scherff Actual pick - Ereck Flowers (21) (Scherff went 5th)
10 St. Louis - Bob Magaw - La'el Collins Actual pick - Todd Gurley (14) (Collins not yet drafted)
11 Minnesota - Raidersfan32904 - Devante Parker Actual pick - Trae Waynes (15) (Parker went 14th)
12 Detroit (from Cleveland - JetMaxx) - Danny Shelton Actual pick - Shelton (12) (To Cleveland)
13 New Orleans -Saintfool - Randy Gregory Actual pick - Andrus Peat (18) (Gregory not yet drafted)
14 Arizona (from Miami - Slapdash) - Todd Gurley Actual pick - Devante Parker (11) to Miami (Gurley went 10th)
15 San Francisco - wildabeast49 - Trae Waynes Actual pick - Melvin Gordon (23) to San Diego (Waynes went 11th)
16 Houston - Bonfire - Bud Dupree Actual pick - Kevin Johnson (35) (Dupree went 22nd)
17 San Diego - BoltBacker - Cameron Erving Actual pick - Arik Armstead (19) to San Francisco (Erving went 19th)
18 Kansas City - Raiderfan32904 - Andrus Peat Actual pick - Marcus Peters (22) (Peat went 13th)
19 Cleveland (from Buffalo) - Arik Armstead Actual pick - Cameron Erving (17) (Armstead went 17th)
20 Philadelphia - JetMaxx - TJ Clemmings Actual pick - Nelson Agholor (51) (Clemmings not yet drafted)

21 Cincinnati - Quizguy66 - Ereck Flowers Actual pick - Cedric Ogbuehi (33) (Flowers went 9th)

22 Pittsburgh - EvilGrin72 - Marcus Peters Actual pick - Bud Dupree (16) (Peters went 18th)

23 Cleveland (from Detroit - Bracie Smathers) - Melvin Gordon Actual Pick - Shane Ray (8) to Denver (Gordon went 15th)

24 Miami (from Arizona - Blackjacks) - Breshad Perriman Actual Pick - DJ Humphries (28) to Arizona (Perriman went 26th)

25 Carolina - FUBAR - Landon Collins Actual Pick - Shaq Thompson (43) (Collins not yet picked)

26 Baltimore - lsutigers - Maxx Williams Actual Pick - Breshad Perriman (24) (Williams not yet picked)

27 Minnesota (from Dallas - Bankerguy) - Malcom Brown Actual Pick - Byron Jones (39) to Dallas (Brown went 32nd)

28 Denver - Andy D - DJ Humphries Actual Pick - Laken Tomlinston (44) to Detroit (Humphries went 24th)

29 Indianapolis - pizzatyme - Jordan Phillips Actual Pick - Phillip Dorsett (45) (Phillips not yet picked)

30 Green Bay - Chaos Commish - Jalen Collins Actual Pick - Damarious Randall (60) (Collins not yet picked)

31 New Orleans (from Seattle) - Eric Kendricks Actual Pick - Stephone Anthony (50) (Kendricks not yet picked)

32 San Francisco (from New England - Run It Up) - Dorial Green-Beckham Actual Pick - Malcom Brown (27) (Green-Beckham not yet picked)
-QG

Users who are viewing this thread