What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 Shark Pool mock draft - The SECOND one (1 Viewer)

Kansas City selects: James Sample, Safety, Louisville

Sample is a true hunter against both the run and the pass with terrific diagnose skills to stack at the point of attack and make stops near the line of scrimmage.

Rams #119

4.20 - Reese Dismukes, C Auburn

Auburn alum Les Snead (Fisher's son also played DB for the team) goes to the well for a second year in a row, reuniting Dismukes with Greg Robinson and Tre Mason. Battle tested and great experience as four year starter in the SEC. Plus run blocker fits the Rams scheme. May be avail later (or center like Gallik or Max Garcia), but almost the fifth round, and don't have another pick until the late sixth compensatory pick. Many scouts think he is the third best center in the draft, after Erving and Grasu. The Rams starting center may already be on the roster, but the current depth chart is comprised of an uninspiring cast. Fourth round interior OL Barrett Jones has virtually no playing time despite being a third year player and is a massive question mark, ex-JUCO transfer, small school and lower level of competition (Tennessee St.) matriculated Demetrius Rhaney is a seventh round unknown that was injured in his rookie campaign, and former UFA Tim Barnes is the vet fall back who imo has already shown he is mediocre at best.

After coming into the draft possibly needing to draft a starting RT, G and C, through four rounds, have added (SEC OL trio) RT Collins, G Tre' Jackson and C Dismukes, as well as addressing multiple key positional depth areas, in QB Hundley and rehabbing redshirt CB IEO. Heard the bad injury news, would have to defer to the Rams medical team closer to the actual draft, in that event, as to whether the former first round grade Oregon CB was draftable or not - I thought he represented a compelling upside/risk profile and trade off if a "routine" torn ACL, but sounds like not the case (hopefully his recovery is more like McGahee than Lattimore, or he took out an insurance policy, if not).

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the delay.

4.120 Bengals select CB - Doran Grant Ohio State

Not unusual for the Bengals to take local products but this is just as much a marriage of a team need (Depth at CB with the departure of Newman and creeping age of Pacman and Hall) and BPA. Projected to be a 3rd or 4th CB - but the Bengals play a lot of nickel. If he could also backup at Safety that would be a bonus.

-QG

100 Tennessee - David Cobb
101 New England Patriots - Jeremy Langford
102 Oakland Raiders - Jarvis Harrison, OG, Texas A&M
103 Jacksonville Jaguars - Derron Smith
104 New York Jets (traded to Indy) - Javorius "Buck" Allen RB, USC
105 Washington Redskins - Jaquiski Tartt
106 Chicago Bears - Lorenzo Mauldin, LB, Louisville
107 Atlanta Falcons - Davis Tull
108 New York Giants - Kwon Alexander
109 Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Josue Matias G Florida State
110 Minnesota Vikings - Adrian Amos, S, PSU
111 Cleveland Browns - Sean Mannion, QB, OSU
112 Seattle Seahawks - John Miller, OG - Louisville
113 Philadelphia Eagles - Z.Smith, DE, Kentucky
114 Miami Dolphins--Mark Giowinsky OG, WVU
115 Cleveland Browns-Jesse James, TE, PSU
116 Houston Texans-R.Wilson, ILB, Georgia
117 San Diego Chargers--Rob Havenstein-OT-Wisconsin
118 Kansas City Chiefs-James Sample-S-Louisville
119 St. Louis Rams-Reese Dismukes, C Auburn
120 Cincinnati Bengals-Doran Grant-CB-Ohio State
121 Pittsburgh Steelers-Tyler Kroft-TE-Rutgers
122 Baltimore Ravens-Mike Davis-RB-South Carolina
123 Arizona Cardinals-Lynden Trail-OLB-Norfolk St.
124 Carolina Panthers-Justin Hardy-WR-East Carolina
125 Baltimore Ravens-Senquez Golson-CB-Mississippi
126 San Francisco 49ers-Anthony Chickillo-DE-Miami
127 Oakland Raiders-from DAL-Anthony Harris-S-Virginia
128 Indianapolis Colts
129 Green Bay Packers
130 Seattle Seahawks
131 New England Patriots
132 San Francisco 49ers
133 Denver Broncos
134 Seattle Seahawks
135 Cincinnati Bengals
136 Baltimore Ravens

I was just typing I wasn't going to be a stickler about it, but now for the sake of ease, I'll take 'em. :P I think we're having enough trouble tracking trades. Of course, this desire for streamlining benefits the Jets, but heck, it's really my altruistic nature here.

Commish can rule for the sake of the draft if he wishes. I'll turn it over to him.

Oh man, I'm way out of it on this, but WTF, it's only a mock.

Steelers select TE Tyler Kroft, Rutgers

Just because I'd love to see them draft someone from my alma mater, plus I think Kroft is an intriguing prospect. Great size, fantastic in-line blocker, has some speed. Could be Heath Miller Lite with some coaching.

Just because I'd love to see them draft someone from my alma mater, plus I think Kroft is an intriguing prospect. Great size, fantastic in-line blocker, has some speed. Could be Heath Miller Lite with some coaching.
No idea with this TE class but I was hoping he'd somehow make it to the 6.02... lol.

Josh McDaniels is high on him cause his brother Ben (OC of rutgers) is high on him.

Forgot that EG had jersey roots somehow. I know he's on the Bengals radar and is a possibility if they miss out on a guy like Heuerman.

-QG

Forgot that EG had jersey roots somehow. I know he's on the Bengals radar and is a possibility if they miss out on a guy like Heuerman.

-QG
I lived in NJ from 1972-2000.

I like Kroft a lot as a prospect. He's not a great route runner yet and he has to prove he can make the tough 3rd down catches with consistency, but he's got decent vertical speed, good short area quicks and versatility to his game. He can play in goal line fronts, is a very good run blocker and a very capable pass blocker, can come out of the backfield as an H-back, etc. I've seen Travis Kelce comparisons and that's about what the Steelers TE needs to be, so to hopefully get the guy that can be the successor to Miller without spending a 1st (or 2nd) day pick works for me.

-QG
I lived in NJ from 1972-2000.

I like Kroft a lot as a prospect. He's not a great route runner yet and he has to prove he can make the tough 3rd down catches with consistency, but he's got decent vertical speed, good short area quicks and versatility to his game. He can play in goal line fronts, is a very good run blocker and a very capable pass blocker, can come out of the backfield as an H-back, etc. I've seen Travis Kelce comparisons and that's about what the Steelers TE needs to be, so to hopefully get the guy that can be the successor to Miller without spending a 1st (or 2nd) day pick works for me.
I had him figured as a round 5 guy but really with day 3 so much of it is fit - especially with TEs. Not unreasonable to get the fit guy in the 4th if you don't think he'll be there when the 5th rolls around.

-QG

With 122, the Baltimore Ravens select RB Mike Davis, South Carolina

Trade up in round 2 cost us a shot at a 2nd tier RB so taking Davis here as the next RB dropoff is pretty deep. Hopefully can get him motivated and looking like 2013 Mike Davis, not 2014 Mike Davis. All that "take the BPA player" talk is legit early on, but by round 4 or so there has to be a synergy between "need" and "like/could use"

Bob Magaw said:
CAR, BAL and SF next.
this search function sucks. Is there a full list of players taken?

Presuming he's available,

With pick 4.124, the Carolina Panthers take the local receiving prospect

Justin Hardy, WR ECU

With 4.125, the Baltimore Ravens select Senquez Golson, CB, Mississippi

I can't see the first three picks being offensive, with CB and OLB also being need but it just fell that way here.

More of a slot corner at 5'9"ish, but ultra productive in 2014. First team All-American and first team All-SEC. 10 INT's and Bronko Nagurski finalist. Lot of zone coverage in college so concerns about being able to transition to man. Good thing we just locked up Jimmy Smith outside.

1.26 - Max Williams, TE, Minnesota

2.41 - Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State

4.122 - Mike Davis, RB, South Carolina

4.125 - Senquez Golson, CB, Mississippi

This is also a bunch of fantasy people taking these guys. Good receivers going later than this next week.
Probably. I think that's more the case with running backs than receivers.I have little doubt that the Panthers take a receiver in the first four rounds.

I have sleeper in mind for the Vikings at 5.01. I won't divulge his name until someone else takes him.

San Francisco on the clock.

With 4.125, the Baltimore Ravens select Senquez Golson, CB, Mississippi

I can't see the first three picks being offensive, with CB and OLB also being need but it just fell that way here.

More of a slot corner at 5'9"ish, but ultra productive in 2014. First team All-American and first team All-SEC. 10 INT's and Bronko Nagurski finalist. Lot of zone coverage in college so concerns about being able to transition to man. Good thing we just locked up Jimmy Smith outside.

1.26 - Max Williams, TE, Minnesota

2.41 - Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State

4.122 - Mike Davis, RB, South Carolina

4.125 - Senquez Golson, CB, Mississippi
Snaked!

Dang

126. San Francisco 49ers-Anthony Chickillo-DE-Miami

If a 49ers fan wants to show up and change it, fine with me. But I gotta bounce soon, and don't want my pick to slow things up.

1.27 Oakland Raiders select Anthony Harris-S-Virginia

Raiders have the top four defensive backfield spots pretty solidified, but need competition behind them. Was hoping Golson would fall, and compete with Keith McGill for the 3rd CB role, but he was snagged earlier. There's a dropoff at corner after Golson, so Reggie looks elsewhere.

Harris continues a trend of grabbing players at the end of their tiers. Preston Smith and Jarvis Harrison both represented the end of a tier at those respective spots. Harris will earn his bones on ST this year, and compete with Brandian Ross and Johnathan Dowling for two spots at backup safety.

Dang.

4.29 (#128) Jets select Frank Clark, DE, Michigan

God, did I ever hold my nose with that pick. He's climbing boards. He's not a nice fellow. But he's athletic and also productive.

I'm pretty sure its Packers pick, Seattle and Pats on deck.

I think the Jets trade back with the Colts for all of their picks. Board above is wrong.

Sorry, I was making scampi tacos.

GREEN BAY round 4, Marcus Hardison, DE, Arizona State

Hoping he was available?

Users who are viewing this thread