What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 Official Dallas Cowboys thread (1 Viewer)

Cant believe the Cowboys managed to win this game.  I dont think there is any question that Romo should be starter when healthy.  Dak looked really shaky against the Eagles and could have easily had 2-3 more interceptions in this game.  Love the kids moxie and the future is bright but he is simply not ready to win playoff games.  Perhaps if the defense was dominant like when Big Ben was a rookie and led the Steelers to Superbowl but this defense is average and needs their QB to bail them out from time to time. 

Cant believe the Cowboys managed to win this game.  I dont think there is any question that Romo should be starter when healthy.  Dak looked really shaky against the Eagles and could have easily had 2-3 more interceptions in this game.  Love the kids moxie and the future is bright but he is simply not ready to win playoff games.  Perhaps if the defense was dominant like when Big Ben was a rookie and led the Steelers to Superbowl but this defense is average and needs their QB to bail them out from time to time. 
I disagree. just like when Romo came in for Bledsoe. you gotta take the guy that is winning you games. Dak didn't protect the rock as well in this game, but nothing like Romo with his gunslinger approach. we're winning. can't change anything now . If we lose a game, then we assess the situation. 

th3f00l said:
I disagree. just like when Romo came in for Bledsoe. you gotta take the guy that is winning you games. Dak didn't protect the rock as well in this game, but nothing like Romo with his gunslinger approach. we're winning. can't change anything now . If we lose a game, then we assess the situation. 
If the Cowboys dreams are the Superbowl I dont understand why you dont start the guy with the higher ceiling (Romo) vs the guy with the higher floor (Dak).  Better yet who would you rather have under center in February vs Belichek and Patriots; Romo or Dak?  Seems like obvious answer to me would be Romo.  Belichek routinely eats rookie QBs for lunch regardless of how well they played before. 

If the Cowboys dreams are the Superbowl I dont understand why you dont start the guy with the higher ceiling (Romo) vs the guy with the higher floor (Dak).  Better yet who would you rather have under center in February vs Belichek and Patriots; Romo or Dak?  Seems like obvious answer to me would be Romo.  Belichek routinely eats rookie QBs for lunch regardless of how well they played before. 
Roll with Dak, let Romo keep on healing, if/when you need Romo he'll be ready.

Roll with Dak, let Romo keep on healing, if/when you need Romo he'll be ready.
For sure man.  By no means am I saying that Romo should be rushed back.  He should be fully healed and eased back into the line up.  With that being said I think if the season was on the line I have a feeling he would be out there and the team is just dragging their feet at this point. 

So C.Coleman and T.Pryor up next and I'm guessing McCown gets the start for the Browns....I have full confidence in our secondary minus Church and Mo with the exception of Heath and Wilcox. I'm sure ball control will be the order of the day come Sunday but I'll have my eye on those two.

Let's do this. Looking for another day at the office with this one. Play possesion, keep the crowd out of the game. 

Put away a bad team just as they should have. Very pleased with the overall game. Didn't look past them. Onward & upward!

Dak is just so nails in the 4th quarter. It's really unbelievable. I'm the biggest Romo fan there is, but even I know you can't pull Dak out now. Just wow.

I love that we are sitting here with the possibility that we have co ROY's on the same team. I'm a fan of Wentz too, but Dak is putting serious distance between the two QB's at this point.

I love that we are sitting here with the possibility that we have co ROY's on the same team. I'm a fan of Wentz too, but Dak is putting serious distance between the two QB's at this point.
####, at this point, Zeke is in the conversation for league MVP.

Amazing season for the boys. This is crazy fun:)

So the question for me is, if Dak stays healthy this season and Romo doesn't play this year, does Romo really want to start over with a new team next year given his age and injury history? Could we have already seen Romo play his last game?

The Cowboys could actually save $5 million in cap space next year if they cut him post June 1st.

So the question for me is, if Dak stays healthy this season and Romo doesn't play this year, does Romo really want to start over with a new team next year given his age and injury history? Could we have already seen Romo play his last game?

The Cowboys could actually save $5 million in cap space next year if they cut him post June 1st.
I was thinking about this too. If he goes to another team he's going go to a team who's looking to replace him. Sucks for QBs over 35. 

FTR- I woukd like to keep him him for one more year. It will be interesting to see what they can get back for him. 

Last edited by a moderator:
There are so many QB hungry teams out there Romo would not be unemployed for long were he a post June 1 cut. And he can make a lot more money as a QB, even a clipboard holder, than a coach now. The question is, would Jerry be willing to trade him? Or will he pay him $14m to mentor Dak in 2017?

I think Daks salary makes keeping Romo a reality. Question is does Romo want to sit and wait for his chance if it ever comes? 

In a perfect world I'd like hang on to Romo and have him be our backup the rest of his career. 

Dallas fans:  it is a great problem that you guys have -- with two great QBs!   As a playoff team with championship hopes, having Romo as a back up is such a great insurance in case Dak gets injured.  To me, it's obviously in the best interest of the TEAM if Romo stays.

That said, Romo doesn't appear to be the type of guy ready to be a backup the rest of his career.  Clearly he WANTS to start for someone.  This to me is the rub.  Will Jerry and co. be loyal to Romo and let him go for HIS sake.  Romo has been such a good soldier for them, playing through injuries and stuff like that.  So, for the team's sake, I think they'd be better off keeping him.  But will they choose to let him go to treat him right after all the great years of service.

This may sound like a naive question but don't think Jones is beyond that way of thinking.  And that pains me to say, as a fan of the Redskins...:-)

I think Daks salary makes keeping Romo a reality. Question is does Romo want to sit and wait for his chance if it ever comes? 

In a perfect world I'd like hang on to Romo and have him be our backup the rest of his career. 
You are not cutting Romo for 5 million in cap space. Maybe the following year.

I need to look at all the numbers.

After looking more at it. Maybe my initial take is wrong.  I suggest any fan read some of the great articles out there about the cap implications of trading him, releasing or Tony retiring.

It does look more and more like it is his last year as a Cowboy.

For those thinking Romo does not have trade value....look at the Sam Bradford deal as a base.

Bankerguy said:
After looking more at it. Maybe my initial take is wrong.  I suggest any fan read some of the great articles out there about the cap implications of trading him, releasing or Tony retiring.

It does look more and more like it is his last year as a Cowboy.

For those thinking Romo does not have trade value....look at the Sam Bradford deal as a base.
I agree. Romo is a great player and great human being, but you run a business like a business, not like a family reunion softball game. Trade him for at least a 1st and conditional 4th while he's hot, to a team who wants to win now (Denver/Jets/ Chi). Give him a tearful hug, tell him a "remember when" story, and pull Uncle Fester and his bad back off the mound and let the hot shot nephew with the windmill fast pitch take over the reunion grudge match. Romo needs to bring us premium defensive help.

Favorite for the Super Bowl   Next year we get Jaylon Smith plus whatever brilliant draft picks we get.  DYNASTY 

Happy Thanksgiving Dallas Fans!  Looking forward to the game tomorrow since it's the first time in awhile both teams have been this competitive in awhile.  What are the homer thoughts on this game?  Dallas is banged up at CB correct?  

Redskins have safety issues and Donte Whitner sucks so if you see him in man coverage on Witten he should have a field day.  Best of luck and have a good holiday!

Bought my first jersey since Julius Jones' rookie season when he blew up those last three games. Feels good to be wearing the Messiah's, #4.

ETA - Ironically, I had to drive over an hour into the middle of Washington DC to find it. As far as I can tell its the last one left in the entire DC/MD/VA metropolitan area.

Do you guys have any clue as to how bad ### this past draft will be if Jaylon Smith returns to form and Tapper returns? Could be an all timer.

Question for you Cowpkes fans (JK  :P ). Has the success of the team this year changed any of your thoughts on Romo? i know some of the losses in the past were due to him being injured, but do you really think the team would be 10-1 if Romo never got injured in the beginning of the year? And should the Cowboys looked for a QB little sooner (not an immediate replacement over Romo but a QB to groom)? And if you think it wouldn't be any different, i would love to hear you explain that because I can't see that at all

Question for you Cowpkes fans (JK  :P ). Has the success of the team this year changed any of your thoughts on Romo? i know some of the losses in the past were due to him being injured, but do you really think the team would be 10-1 if Romo never got injured in the beginning of the year? And should the Cowboys looked for a QB little sooner (not an immediate replacement over Romo but a QB to groom)? And if you think it wouldn't be any different, i would love to hear you explain that because I can't see that at all
Tread lightly Boys, this is an Eagles fan that constantly cries about how unfair the Cowboys schedules are, that we really aren't any good and the 10-1 is a mirage, and the refs are out to get the Eagles every game, and we are ALL just recently fans since the Cowboys are "getting lucky" ?

The bait is stinky, swim away.

Tread lightly Boys, this is an Eagles fan that constantly cries about how unfair the Cowboys schedules are, that we really aren't any good and the 10-1 is a mirage, and the refs are out to get the Eagles every game, and we are ALL just recently fans since the Cowboys are "getting lucky" ?

The bait is stinky, swim away.
silly goose, not sure where you pull all your info from. Schedule wise, you would be silly to argue that the Eagles have not faced a significantly tougher schedule than the Cowboys. But that is an observation, not really a judgement on either team. And i'm not one to discuss refs a ton, they seem to kind of suck quite a bit. 

Was a serious question though, maybe that is too much to ask some fans, of some teams, to provide an analysis of their team?

ETA: honestly though, wasn't trying to be a d-head. Outside the little poke for fun, was an interesting question i thought. Obviously would like to hear from Cowboys fans who have watched over the years, assuming they would have an informed opinion on this. 

Well since you asked, I get the info from your posts?

But I'll entertain your question.

No, nether I or my fellow fandom believe we would be 10-1 with Romo. Not out of non belief in his heart or arm, but in no confidence in his health. Even so, barring injury, I'm still gun shy of the occasional pic or fumble at the worst possible time. However, he is also good for the heroic two scores in 2 minute kinda stuff. Love Romo, hopefully he has a place in Dallas somewhere, for eternity, but we are ready for Dak, who is the coolest QB in the league. Poised on the field, never rattled, a true team player, and who is a helluva great guy off the field too. For all the craziness Dez brings, Dak is the moral antidote. The best part is, just like Romo was expected to bust as an undrafted QB, Dak was 9th QB off the board and hands down the best one drafted- at less the cost. Quality value here, my man.

Yeah, that's what makes us excited about Dak. And again I'm no "new bandwagon fan"as you've said we are in a (Wash/Dallas game thread?). My friends played and coached for Dallas from 1989 until 2000+. Yes, I was here during the drought

with Romo And the Great Zeke, I would think 4-7 injured/ 8-3 healthy. Not 10-1

Users who are viewing this thread