What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*--* 2016 Seattle Seahawks Thread *--* (1 Viewer)

I actually feel a whole lot better after watching Dallas tonight.  They probably should have lost 38-10 too, but the Giants offense is trash. 

Yeah they better not mail it in the last two weeks, no way this team is winning two road games. 
Nope. Hope the secondary gets it figured out, Bennett get back to 100. Offensive not be awful. Get the home game locked up, win that, go into Dallas and win that. 

It's that easy!

We get more ignorant haters when the team is better. Maybe the game thread tonight was an indicator that this team is one that others need to worry about?

Richard Sherman got into a shouting match with OC Darrell Bevell in the third quarter of Thursday night's win over the Rams because the Seahawks called a pass play from the one-yard line. Calling out coaches through the media is never going to sit well, especially after a 21-point win, but this isn't the first time Sherman has thrown a sideline tantrum this season. After the game, coach Pete Carroll tried talking with Sherman in the locker room but it allegedly didn't go very well. It's fair to wonder if the Seahawks could be getting tired of Sherman's antics.

They don't like being called idiots for doing the same stupid thing again? The one that cost them back to back SBs?

Richard Sherman got into a shouting match with OC Darrell Bevell in the third quarter of Thursday night's win over the Rams because the Seahawks called a pass play from the one-yard line. Calling out coaches through the media is never going to sit well, especially after a 21-point win, but this isn't the first time Sherman has thrown a sideline tantrum this season. After the game, coach Pete Carroll tried talking with Sherman in the locker room but it allegedly didn't go very well. It's fair to wonder if the Seahawks could be getting tired of Sherman's antics.

They don't like being called idiots for doing the same stupid thing again? The one that cost them back to back SBs?
Sherman is totally in the wrong on this one.  100%. 

9-4-1

Random thoughts...

• Not much to say, so this will be quick. 7-0 at home. Only NFL team to stay clean on their home court. Will not be surprised to see Arizona show up next week in Seattle and give our team some fits. 
  • Yeah, our team won the NFC West again. Yeah, they have the inside track on a bye and at least one home playoff game, but for some reason I've been fascinated with winning the "fewest points allowed" crown. Potentially 5 consecutive seasons. That's just unreal. If ever there has been a defensive dynasty that could rival the 70s Pittsburgh Steel Curtain this has got to be it. The 80s Bears didn't sustain excellence like this for that amount of time. Currently a whopping 2 points behind the Patriots at the moment. I will be paying close attention during this past two weeks. 
  • Russell has taken a lot of criticism and I keep defending him, but I would be lying to myself if that last interception didn't make me scratch my head. I'm going to chalk that one up to Aaron Donald and a continuously shaky offensive line that might be the worst group we've seen in a year after year dismal showing of offensive line ineptness. 
  • I don't care what anyone says about the NFL losing money due to TV ratings. The salary cap continues to go up and up and up. The cap is directly tied to revenue. The NFL is doing just fine, and according to Davis Hsu (a must follow on Twitter for any Seahawk fan) the Seahawks should be able to sign everyone and be able to entertain some free agents as well. The idea of bringing in Calais Campbell makes me smile big, but some offensive line talent might be nice too.
  • So glad to see Goff look awful. He's likely a coach killer. Can't imagine that anyone would want that Rams job. Goff looked horrible on the move, and very few NFL QBs get to stand clean all game long picking you apart. I think Seattle got lucky they should be able to survive the Aaron Donald years (that dude is special) because the Rams offense looks like they have no hope to improve. 
  • Nice to see the pass rush show up again this week. I can't help but wonder why they seemingly allowed Rodgers to stay in the pocket. At times it appeared they didn't want him leaving the pocket. Looked like a "mush rush". With him limping around seemed the perfect time to get after him. I don't think that would happen again if they have a playoff rematch. Also, Wright and Wagner haven't been blitzing near as much as of late.  Earlier in the season it looked Richard was going to blitz percentage, but maybe Pete put the clamps on that?
  • I think Kearse is done being the playmaker he once was. So glad to see them finally move onto Lockett. Was likely delayed by Lockett injuries. Wondering if Richardson will move ahead of him as well. 
  • Pete Carroll is too ####### cool. How would other head coaches have handled the Sherman outburst? I don't get people making statements about Pete being a bad guy. 
Until next week. 

proninja said:
I guess its fair to wonder. People wonder when they don't really know what's going on or don't have a good feel for the team. Sure, he can wonder. Like, I wonder if Legion of Doom used to get beat up a lot as a middle school kid. And now that he has the anonymity of the intergoogle he lashes out a lot at strangers. We can wonder. 

If/when Dean ####### Spanos takes my Bolts 2 hours up the 5, I'll be looking for a new team.  I've loved watching the Hawks the last few years and pulled for them NFC, love love LOVE Russell, and the Monday Night Game I went to at the link 3 years ago was an incredible experience.  

Someone save me a seat please.  

9-5-1

Random thoughts...

• Totally unexpected to see them lose that game to Arizona. Maybe highlighted the problems on the offensive line more than any other game. The first half was awful, but as Pete kept saying in his press conferences they looked a lot better in the second half. Wilson ripped them apart when he had time to make a play. 
  • Losing Earl hurt. Losing Lockett hurts just as bad emotionally. How will Richardson do as his replacement? We'll see. I have doubts about his suddenness and ability to gain separation. 
  • Speaking of Earl, this was a game Seattle wins if he's on the field. Terrell got smoked on a deep post. That NEVER happens when Thomas in the game. He also missed another fundamental play on the quick slant to Terrell when he whiffed on a tackle.  At least we got an Earl tweet that he will definitely return next season. 
  • Something in the defensive backfield to remain hopeful about: Elliot got some reps at CB this past week. Guys that show up in special teams get a chance on this team. Glad to see Elliot get his opportunity. Lane and Shead getting smoked too often for him not to get a chance. 
  • Anyone else noticing that Avril seems to be disappearing late in the season? Oddly enough Bennett seems to be getting better. No show as well from Frank Clark this past week. Pass rush just hasn't been there often enough lately to create turnover opportunities. 
  • So hard to know what to think about Rawls. Durability issues? Random variability? I tend not to believe in labels like "injury prone". Collins ran hard in the second half. That was nice to see, but it seems completely unfair to compare the two players based on them seeing completely different opportunities. I haven't heard it from the guys at Pro Football Focus yet, but I'm guessing that Rawls just went back to back weeks where he had negative yards before contact. It was so unusual last week that they had to take the time to mention that it wasn't a typo. Watching Zeke Elliot scamper 50+ yards untouched last night on a TD run just makes me shake my head. A large percent of RBs in the NFL could have made the exact same play. So unfair to compare RBs based on their stats due to different situations they all perform in. 
  • The back shoulder fade down the sideline to Johnson on the final drive just felt random too. Seriously? That's the play you win the game with? Kam was right there. Just sort of felt lucky. I guess is underlines the randomness that I think really dominates the NFL. 
  • How monsterous was Calais Campbell? Wouldn't he look awesome in the middle of the Seattle defense? Other than a reliable offensive tackle I think he's my favorite idea of a get in free agency. Can't believe that Arizona hasn't paid him already locking him up long term. 
  • Which brings me to Schneider. Sort of ####ed up that he hasn't won GM of the year, and won't win it again this year. Your team has to go from worst to first or you have no shot. Same with winning head coach of the year. Schneider locks up the right players time after time one year before their contract is up. He's earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to this next off season. Will he pay Kam? Bennett? Britt? I think he pays all three. Davis Hsu thinks it shouldn't be a problem because the cap keeps going up and up. 
  • Even down 13 points that late in the 4th quarter didn't we just have that feeling that Wilson would get it done? I sure did. 
  • Wright and Wagner both looking awesome in the middle of the defense again. Can we call it a 4-2 defense and be done with it? They play 5 DBs so often it seems unfair to call it a 4-3 base defense. 
  • The dream of 5 consecutive years giving up the fewest points was crushed by Arizona. Four straight years of #1 followed by a #2 is sort of cool I guess, but #### man. Just ####. 
  • A blocked field goal and a missed XP. Seriously? WTF? I vaguely remember somewhere early in the season hoping that the long snapper wasn't going to continue to be a problem. Not sure about the blocked field goal, but it certainly was an issue on the XP. I know the injuries to key players creates depth issues on special teams as well. Again, ####. That has to be addressed in the off season. I wonder if replacing the long snapper will make enough difference that Haush-money keeps his job. 
  • Welcome to the fold, tommyGunZ. There's less than seven of us that post regularly. Just don't act like ImTheScientist and you're welcome to join the few of us. Also, prepare yourself for Green Bay fans to throw random shots at our team. They're still fairly butt hurt from past seasons and won't let it go. 
  • Totally agree with proninja. Geaux Saints. 
Until next week. 

If/when Dean ####### Spanos takes my Bolts 2 hours up the 5, I'll be looking for a new team.  I've loved watching the Hawks the last few years and pulled for them NFC, love love LOVE Russell, and the Monday Night Game I went to at the link 3 years ago was an incredible experience.  

Someone save me a seat please.  
:goodposting:

Seattle has been my second favorite team since they drafted Wilson. If Spanos relocates the Chargers, they will jump to #1. 

10-5-1

Random thoughts...

• Another regular season ends. Another playoff season begins. Odd how expectations change from year to year. We Seahawk fans walk into each season now expecting Super Bowl wins. If we can't have that it's debating what needs to happen in the offseason to win another Super Bowl. Actually, I guess I don't expect it this year given the obvious holes our team has at the moment. I did when the season began, but not so much now. 
  • Offensive line continues to be a problem that might get worse. Is the front office committed to their youngsters that are struggling so badly? I keep seeing free agent names bandied about (CIN OG Kevin Zeitler is going to be popular), but which guard then heads to the bench? Glowinski has been slightly better than Ifedi, but really they've both been bad at their jobs. Really bad. Which has the potential for growth? How long does the Fant "experiment" continue? Will they pay Britt after a successful dive into playing center? At least Gilliam has put back to back solid games together. Ugh. I guess that's why the coaches and administration get paid the big bucks.
  • Speaking of coaches, its that time of year where every team courts Seattle assistants. Won't be surprised to see Cable get another head coaching shot. There are plenty of jobs available and realistically none of them are very good opportunities. I think some of the best candidates will pass allowing guys like Cable to flounder with no quarterback or chance for success. Sounds like Seattle front office guys are going to be in high demand as well.
  • BWagz54 easily earned another All-Pro nomination. Too bad that Wright will continue to not get the recognition living in Wagner's shadow. Both just posted their best seasons, again. 
  • I'm a stats guy. I live it. I teach an advanced placement statistics class. Currently, the running back statistics these past three weeks make Rawls look awful and Collins look like a viable replacement. I'm not buying that. Not all opportunities and touches are the same. From my eye it looks like Rawls keeps getting hit time and time again in the backfield. The only holes that seem to show up are when Collins gets the ball. Seriously? An oddity I guess that shows up in smaller sample sizes. The weird thing is that over three weeks the same size was starting to get bigger. To be continued and watched carefully. 
  • How odd is it that Seattle leads playoff teams in sacks? Now that the most dominant pass rushes are teams that Seattle won't see in the playoffs, does this give our team a better chance to advance from week to week? Perhaps if teams can't expose our weakness it will allow our team to flex their strength? Happened week 10 in New England. Could happen again, and again, and again. 
  • Baldwin ties Bobby Engrams catch record with 94. Surprised to see they didn't try to feed Baldwin with one more catch late in the game to break that record. Pete Carroll teams have a history of purposefully helping players get records. 
  • Another surprise: The pulling of Wilson with 10 minutes left. In the post game Carroll specifically commented that he was uncomfortable there. I agree. One of the things I really appreciate about Bill Belichick is that he never plays that game. Brady played deep into the fourth quarter yesterday. They don't play safe in the end of games. Sure, they will get accused of running scores up, but #### em. I would rather just win and win convincingly time and time again. I think Carroll realizes it was a mistake and hopefully won't go there again. However, as gut wrenching as it was to watch as it felt like they were just throwing a win away, it was nice to see Boykin come through under pressure and secure the win by taking down the clock to zeros. 
  • If there's one feeling that tells me our team doesn't have it this year, it's that I just don't even want to see them try to run the ball. That's a crappy feeling. I guess Bevel knows better than I do and I expect him to keep trying to move the ball on the ground. If they're going to be a playoff winning team it's going to be a necessity. 
  • I've mentioned both Frank Clark and Jarran Reed as guys that might not be really good guys during the season. Not a shocker to see the two of them at each other's throats on the sideline. Sounds Clark was trying to be the voice of reason there, but just really bad timing laying into a guy that's already fuming with emotions. 
  • 85% of snaps on defense for Lane this week. 15% for Morgan. Can we just call it a 4-2-5 defense and be done with it? The NFL has changed over time to make this primarily a passing league. News to nobody. I get that, but continuing to address defenses using terminology from 20 years ago is sort of silly when it no longer applies. I don't know. Perhaps we can simplify by calling it odd or even front because the back end changes from play to pay so much. 
  • Holy ####. Another week of long snapper issues? Okay, the poor kid turned his ankle early in the game, but son of a #####. I can't even come close to remember a season where the long snapper has had so many negative impacts on games. 
  • Nice to see Richardson show up big as a pass catcher. He lacks the explosive suddenness that Lockett has, but he made plays. Can't imagine that we make it deep in the playoffs without at least one explosive play on special teams, but that the moment it looks like Seattle has just given up on having a return game. 
  • Sweet, we get the Lions next week. Talk about a team struggling at the moment. Well, they lost three in a row, but they lost them to three good playoff teams. All signs will point to a trip to Atlanta the following week. How much do we look forward to people bringing up the Sherman pass interference on the last play? I don't expect anyone to mention the hands to the face at the line of scrimmage. Wheeee...
Until next week. 

Last edited by a moderator:
10-5-1

Random thoughts...

• Offensive line continues to be a problem that might get worse. Is the front office committed to their youngsters that are struggling so badly? I keep seeing free agent names bandied about (ATL OG Andy Levitre is going to be popular), but which guard then heads to the bench? Glowinski has been slightly better than Ifedi, but really they've both been bad at their jobs. Really bad. Which has the potential for growth? How long does the Fant "experiment" continue? Will they pay Britt after a successful dive into playing center? At least Gilliam has put back to back solid games together. Ugh. I guess that's why the coaches and administration get paid the big bucks. 
I realize everyone is hating on the O-line but I really am just not happy with our tackles.  I might give Fant a pass because he wasn't really supposed to get starter time this year IMO.  I also believe in continuity so if we can keep the middle of the line and get improvements from them over the offseason we might be in good shape for 2017.

• I'm a stats guy. I live it. I teach an advanced placement statistics class. Currently, the running back statistics these past three weeks make Rawls look awful and Collins look like a viable replacement. I'm not buying that. Not all opportunities and touches are the same. From my eye it looks like Rawls keeps getting hit time and time again in the backfield. The only holes that seem to show up are when Collins gets the ball. Seriously? An oddity I guess that shows up in smaller sample sizes. The weird thing is that over three weeks the same size was starting to get bigger. To be continued and watched carefully.
I've held my belief that Rawls looked great last year because he came in midseason when everyone was banged up and ran over them until he got hurt.  He hasn't done anything to make me believe he can maintain that and stay healthy so far.  I hope he can, but right now I'm ready to move on to find someone else.  I get it that Christine Michael wasn't doing the right things but I would have found a way to IR him instead of letting GB pick him up.

And yes, Collins looks way better than Rawls.

• If there's one feeling that tells me our team doesn't have it this year, it's that I just don't even want to see them try to run the ball. That's a crappy feeling. I guess Bevel knows better than I do and I expect him to keep trying to move the ball on the ground. If they're going to be a playoff winning team it's going to be a necessity.
I couldn't agree more.  At the games I can hear people yelling "run the ball!" and I keep thinking "We're going to need 6 downs to get a 1st if we do that."

Personally I would rather we just start utilizing the short passing game to both augment the running game and also eliminate the problems we're seeing the a leaky O-line.  I'm partially wondering if we'll see that against Atlanta (assuming we don't need to expose it for Detroit).

• Holy ####. Another week of long snapper issues? Okay, the poor kid turned his ankle early in the game, but son of a #####. I can't even come close to remember a season where the long snapper has had so many negative impacts on games. 
We need to just IR that guy and find someone off the street.  What happened to Clint Gresham?  Can we just sign him and be done with it for the year?  Also I'm just done with all of our special teams guys.  I might be able to give Jon Ryan a pass if we're kicking shallow on purpose because our gunners aren't as fast as previous years, but nobody has had a good year and it's time we started looking at that area more closely again.  It feels like our ST has gotten worse and worse the past several years.

Getting Prosise back would be a nice boost for the running game.  He tweeted earlier today hinting he may be back for the playoffs....doubt it for this week though.

I realize everyone is hating on the O-line but I really am just not happy with our tackles.
Oddly enough Gilliam was our highest graded offensive lineman over the past two weeks. He had spells last year where he was great. I bet he keeps the job for quite a while. 

Hooper31 said:
Oddly enough Gilliam was our highest graded offensive lineman over the past two weeks. He had spells last year where he was great. I bet he keeps the job for quite a while. 
I haven't gone back and re-watched the last several games because I felt like we've played so poorly it would all just anger me.  Maybe I'll need to do that and watch Gilliam though.

Seahawks to sign Devin Hester

Hopefully Hester will flash some of his old form and we don't see a future headline that contains the word "fumble".
He wasn't the Hester of old this year, but he wasn't bad. This signing makes me want the Hawks to win the title and send this all time great out with a title. Call it a hunch, but see Hester taking one to the house during the coming playoff run. Glad to see him get a final shot at glory. 

Probably deserves its own thread for a proper discussion, but is Hester a HoFer? 4-time pro bowler, 20 return TDs, 14 on punts. 11 came in his first two seasons, only 2 in the last five. 

Excluding kickers, does any ST player deserve HoF consideration? 

Probably deserves its own thread for a proper discussion, but is Hester a HoFer? 4-time pro bowler, 20 return TDs, 14 on punts. 11 came in his first two seasons, only 2 in the last five.
No, not under current rules.

No, not under current rules.

Current rules stipulate that a special teams player must by definition make it into a limited size HOF class, at the expense of all other finalists that are not selected for that class. No way Hester impacted the game as much as the other finalists who played offense or defense. There has been plenty of discussion of this issue in the past in the Shark Pool and lots of detailed analysis/discussion about it.

Just using this year's modern era finalists as a proxy, I can't see Hester as being more worthy than any of these finalists: Tomlinson, Owens, Warner, Bruce, Jason Taylor, Dawkins, Terrell Davis, Boselli, Faneca, Law, John Lynch, Jacoby, Mawae, or Coryell. I don't even think all of those guys should make it, but IMO Hester is not close to being as worthy as those in this group.

That leaves one modern era finalist from this season I didn't name - Morten Andersen. I could imagine an argument that Hester is more worthy than Andersen, but I think the same logic above applies to Andersen, so that doesn't really matter IMO.

The PFHOF could change its rules to elect from positions/groups, meaning inducting Hester wouldn't be at the expense of a more impactful offensive/defensive player or contributor. But, until they do, IMO no specialist should be elected. I also don't think Guy should have made it. :shrug:

Sorry for the hijack. All that said, I hope Hester is great for Seattle in this playoff run.

It would be a shame if Steve Tasker never makes the HOF.  And yes, I think Hester makes the HOF eventually but not anywhere near the first eligibility.  ST just doesn't get that level of love.

Ok Seahawk fans. I'm going to poke the bee's nest... here's an interesting scenario.

It's my understanding that Pete Carroll has the final say in roster decisions/signings over John Schneider. Are you at all concerned about another team poaching Schnieder given he isn't a real "true" GM since the coach is making the final decisions? 

Heard a few rumors through my sources that GB is potentially looking at Schneider in the event Thompson retires and their in-house replacements go elsewhere to teams already interviewing while GB's season is still going on for at least this week. 

Ok Seahawk fans. I'm going to poke the bee's nest... here's an interesting scenario.

It's my understanding that Pete Carroll has the final say in roster decisions/signings over John Schneider. Are you at all concerned about another team poaching Schnieder given he isn't a real "true" GM since the coach is making the final decisions? 

Heard a few rumors through my sources that GB is potentially looking at Schneider in the event Thompson retires and their in-house replacements go elsewhere to teams already interviewing while GB's season is still going on for at least this week. 
He just signed a 5 year extension back in July. It does not contain an out clause. He will be with Seattle until at least 2021.

He just signed a 5 year extension back in July. It does not contain an out clause. He will be with Seattle until at least 2021.
I'm pretty sure because Pete Carroll makes the final roster decisions that he can, in fact, take a GM job where he does make the roster decisions. It's considered a promotion in this case

Can you please show your work. Why is is that you believe this is true?
I do not have a link because this was a verbal conversation I had with someone I know within the GB organization. This has been one idea floated around the offices in the event Ball and Wolf are gobbled up by other franchises for when Thompson decides to hang it up. The real question is if GB can offer a competitive salary to entice him to leave. 

I believe it's common knowledge that Pete Carroll was given roster decisions. It was one reason he went to Seattle I thought... 

Here's one link I guess... 
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000211867/printable/whos-ireallyi-in-charge-stellar-power-structures-boost-nfc-west

At the end of the day, giving someone full control over the entire roster is an upgrade to only having the final say after collaborating with the HC for signings/draftings. I believe that is a loophole in the whole "no out clause" deal for contracts. It cannot stop someone from seeking a higher position. That's one downside to giving your HC any power of decisions over your GM

Dr. Brew said:
I do not have a link because this was a verbal conversation I had with someone I know within the GB organization. This has been one idea floated around the offices in the event Ball and Wolf are gobbled up by other franchises for when Thompson decides to hang it up. The real question is if GB can offer a competitive salary to entice him to leave. 

I believe it's common knowledge that Pete Carroll was given roster decisions. It was one reason he went to Seattle I thought... 

Here's one link I guess... 
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000211867/printable/whos-ireallyi-in-charge-stellar-power-structures-boost-nfc-west

At the end of the day, giving someone full control over the entire roster is an upgrade to only having the final say after collaborating with the HC for signings/draftings. I believe that is a loophole in the whole "no out clause" deal for contracts. It cannot stop someone from seeking a higher position. That's one downside to giving your HC any power of decisions over your GM
from your link.

Who's really in charge? Pete Carroll arrived in Seattle with major clout, and was hired before John Schneider, but the coach and GM have built a collaborative relationship in Seattle. In essence, Schneider runs the show during the offseason and Carroll takes the torch when the pads go on. Carroll has final say over the 53-man roster, but Schneider runs the draft and free agency, and has taken the lead on building a roster that's unique, different and loaded with young talent.
This is what I've understood. Pete doesn't have final say on everything, but in reality they collaborate quite a bit.  

from your link.

This is what I've understood. Pete doesn't have final say on everything, but in reality they collaborate quite a bit.  
I understand that, but this is what I'm talking about:

Carroll has final say over the 53-man roster

That is usually the GM's role. I'm just pointing out that if another team were to offer him full control over everything, he could leave Seattle even though he would be under contract. 

Pete Carroll has the final say in roster decisions/signings over John Schneider.
It's the term "signings" that I think you were incorrect on. My mistake for not being more clear. Schneider retains this portion of the job, not Carroll. 

It's the term "signings" that I think you were incorrect on. My mistake for not being more clear. Schneider retains this portion of the job, not Carroll. 
Alright well we are at the point of splitting hairs here. Yes obviously I was incorrect on the specifics. It remains a fact that Schneider does not have 100% control of the roster, which was my defense in proposing that he could, in fact, leave even though he is under contract if another team gives him 100% control. My original question was proposing a hypothetical that I have personal knowledge of being more than message board chatter. I suppose the answer to my question is Seahawk fans aren't worried at all about this. Given we are debating what specifically he has control over rather than accepting that he doesn't have 100% control and could go somewhere with 100% control. 

Alright well we are at the point of splitting hairs here. Yes obviously I was incorrect on the specifics. It remains a fact that Schneider does not have 100% control of the roster, which was my defense in proposing that he could, in fact, leave even though he is under contract if another team gives him 100% control. My original question was proposing a hypothetical that I have personal knowledge of being more than message board chatter. I suppose the answer to my question is Seahawk fans aren't worried at all about this. Given we are debating what specifically he has control over rather than accepting that he doesn't have 100% control and could go somewhere with 100% control. 
I'm not really following the difference here, at least not how it would work out in practice. The issue seems to be that if Schneider wants a player on the 53 man roster that Carroll does not, Carroll can force the team to release that player...?

Why would the GM not want the head coach to have the 53 man roster he wants? The only thing I can think of is cap implications of releasing a player... for example, if the GM signed a veteran to a fairly big contract, the veteran didn't play well, and the coach wanted to cut the player, which would result in a big cap problem. But does anyone really think Carroll (or any head coach) would go forward with such a move without caring about those cap implications?

Maybe someone can give some examples of how this distinction matters in practice.

I just finished biography on General Sherman. Particularly liked the chapter on his men taking Atlanta. coincidence? 

I'll go 31 - 24. ATL.

If only it were in Seattle.
I realize you have to play the whole game but the last time in week 6 we basically gave them 21 points in the third quarter due to a series of miscommunications.  The rest of the game they were shut down.  I don't think ATL is getting 31 points.  And there is no HFA in Atlanta--very passive crowd there.

I realize you have to play the whole game but the last time in week 6 we basically gave them 21 points in the third quarter due to a series of miscommunications.  The rest of the game they were shut down.  I don't think ATL is getting 31 points.  And there is no HFA in Atlanta--very passive crowd there.
Earl is out now and they are indoors.

I expect the Hawks to get run but hope for the best.

Prediction 1: There will be more Packer fan posts in our game thread this week than Atlanta fan posts. There's just so many more of them. 

Prediction 2: Whining about non-calls in the Seattle secondary will rule the day. 

Prediction 3: Seattle RBs will out-yardage Atlanta RBs. 

Prediction 4: Jeremy Lane will break hearts one way or the other. I'm not horribly optimistic there. 

Very much looking forward to your game this weekend.  This should be an interesting matchup.  Wilson getting healthier every week (some say he was fully back a week or two ago, but he may have another level we might see this week), Rawls showing up huge last week, Baldwin showing more consistency week after week for maybe 15 or 20 games now, Paul Richardson making plays that might demand more defensive attention, this is going to be an interesting matchup.

On defense, well Atlanta, or any other team for that matter, rarely sees a more dangerous defense in a year.  Also, and this may just be me, but Seattle's defense sometimes seems bored, lax, and risk-taking in the regular season, but they tighten that #### down come playoff time. It will be interesting to see how they handle Jones and the two-headed R.B.

Very much looking forward to your game this weekend.  This should be an interesting matchup.  Wilson getting healthier every week (some say he was fully back a week or two ago, but he may have another level we might see this week), Rawls showing up huge last week, Baldwin showing more consistency week after week for maybe 15 or 20 games now, Paul Richardson making plays that might demand more defensive attention, this is going to be an interesting matchup.

On defense, well Atlanta, or any other team for that matter, rarely sees a more dangerous defense in a year.  Also, and this may just be me, but Seattle's defense sometimes seems bored, lax, and risk-taking in the regular season, but they tighten that #### down come playoff time. It will be interesting to see how they handle Jones and the two-headed R.B.
I tend to be quite a bit of a homer at the end of the day.  It's my nature to be optimistic.  I'm so-so on this game and it all depends on which defense shows up for Seattle.  On one hand we let Matt Ryan throw 3 TDs and for 221 yards in one quarter.  On the other hand you have a defense that allowed just 114 yards and got 1 INT in the other 3 quarters.

Freeman and Coleman combined for 67 total yards from scrimmage and I'm exceptionally excited to see if they can shut them down again.  My guess is Dan Quinn will have a plan and exploit something early (it seems like we've been losing backs out of the backfield recently).

On the offensive side for us I think if we stick with this better rush blocking plan we should be able to run the ball effectively against Atlanta.  And I can't help but notice that Wilson didn't use a single ZRO against the Lions.  It feels like we're waiting for something there...

Like you said, it should be an interesting matchup.

I think Seattle wins this 24-17. Seahawks have already won, and the defense is going to be even more stout. Chancellor and company are going to be so aggressive and hungry due to multiple story lines. Wilson is healthy, Rawls and the O-Line are hitting their stride at the right time.

The only way we lose, is if the offense comes out with another slow start, which as history has shown us is very possible. :X

First game as a Hawk homer.  Scary matchup - Philip Rivers was on talk radio earlier this week saying he thought Atlanta was being slept on as a serious Super Bowl contender.  

I'm an optimist.  Feels like Michael Bennett is due for a couple of high impact plays.  Hawks 27 Dirty Birds 24

Users who are viewing this thread