What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*--* 2016 Seattle Seahawks Thread *--* (1 Viewer)

Not shocking for a homer radio personality to promote his own team. Perhaps for Cecil who has a solid reputation, but in a moment of weakness I could see him letting that sense of homerism take over. 
Yeah, I understood the Broncos part from him, but not the Seahawks part.

Who cares?  As a fanbase we need to stop worrying about "defending the turf" so damn much.  One homer thinks they are world beaters...so what?  We know the reality. Let them drone on with the rediculi because that's their job.

Who cares?  As a fanbase we need to stop worrying about "defending the turf" so damn much.  One homer thinks they are world beaters...so what?  We know the reality. Let them drone on with the rediculi because that's their job.
I was just interested in discussing Seattle's defense in historical context. I don't care much about Cecil and his opinion, it was just a conversation starter. In addition to not worrying about defending turf so much, Seattle fans also need to not be so sensitive about worrying about defending turf so much...

I know it's a quiet part of the year but this thread is a little too dead.  What does everyone think about the Brandon Browner signing? 

Personally, I think he's a great depth signing to make sure the younger guys in the secondary don't think anything is being handed to them.  Plus, if he really did have a torn MCL last year he might be a great bargain (although I haven't seen what he signed for).
So recently Pete said he envisions Browner as a nickel safety, or words to that effect. How do you guys see that playing out? Also, how often is Seattle in base vs. nickel vs. other defensive sets? In this role, will Browner play a lot?

Just curious, sounds like a good signing based on what I have read. And definitely sounds like he should make the team. (Someone upthread had predicted he won't.)

Coach Pete Carroll said the Seahawks' 2016 offense will resemble its form in the second half of last year.

"Our rhythm throughout camp, we stayed connected to what we did in the second half of the year,’’ Carroll said. "We went in determined to do that, and right from the get-go when we got back here on the field we were at it with tempo and timing." Long a run-foundation team, the Seahawks embraced more spread concepts and a ball-out-quick passing game following their Week 9 bye. Russell Wilson compiled a 24:1 TD-to-INT ratio in the final seven weeks.

This is interesting, though I'm not sure if the implied change from a run foundation team is warranted. Last season:

• Games 1-8: 263 passing plays (234 passing attempts + 29 sacks), 244 rushing attempts
  • Games 9-16: 272 passing plays (255 passing attempts + 17 sacks), 252 rushing attempts
Obviously, sacks went down in the second half, and efficiency (running and passing) went way up. Tempo picked up in the sense that they ran 17 more plays in the second half, but that is a fairly small number from which to draw any conclusions. Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
So recently Pete said he envisions Browner as a nickel safety, or words to that effect. How do you guys see that playing out? Also, how often is Seattle in base vs. nickel vs. other defensive sets? In this role, will Browner play a lot?

Just curious, sounds like a good signing based on what I have read. And definitely sounds like he should make the team. (Someone upthread had predicted he won't.)
Browner's role,  as I have heard,  is described as being similar to that of a knight in the game of chess.  He can drop back in coverage or provide run support like a LB.  And due to his size he can also defend TEs.  Now if he could just cut way back in the penalty department his return to the LOB could prove the undoing of many an opposing offense!

Driving home from work, I heard @Cecil Lammey on Chargers radio. He was asked to rank the teams in the AFC West, and he listed the Broncos first. As justification, he said it was a nod to their defense, which he claimed is among the best of all time. He said something like this: "It is the 85 Bears, the 2000 Ravens, and this Broncos defense as the greatest of all time. Sorry Seahawks fans, but your team isn't up there."

Aside from the fact that he omitted all great defenses from prior to 1985, my immediate reaction was that he was clearly wrong to include the current Broncos in that group but say the Seahawks do not belong. In 2015, the Seahawks allowed the fewest points for the 4th straight season, which was only accomplished once before, in the 50s (Browns). Meanwhile, during that 4 year stretch, they ranked as follows in fewest yards allowed: 4th, 1st, 1st, 2nd. Given that this is such a great offensive era, I would argue that this stretch for the Seahawks is likely the greatest 4 year stretch of defense in the history of the league.

It is fine for Cecil (and everyone) to have different opinions, but I was surprised that he took an unprovoked shot at Seattle's defense/fans, especially since IMO he is off base. More importantly, I am actually interested in where this Seahawks stretch really ranks in NFL history. Thoughts?
He is probably looking at it from a single season standpoint, and in that regard, the 2015 Seahawks are not in the conversation, but the 2013 Seahawks most certainly are.  

'85 Bears

'00 Ravens

'02 Bucs

'13 Seahawks

'15 Broncos

That's the list. 

Yours my friend
Fair enough. I've been telling people for years that northwest sports fans are fickle. Some day in the future the wheels will come off the wagon like they do for all teams and the team finishes 4-12 in consecutive years they'll have a tough time selling out the stadium. 

Fair enough. I've been telling people for years that northwest sports fans are fickle. Some day in the future the wheels will come off the wagon like they do for all teams and the team finishes 4-12 in consecutive years they'll have a tough time selling out the stadium. 
You can spit out the hook.  That post was a shot at the stupid rules in this country that you can trademark something like 12th man.  Maybe I can trademark "I want a drink".  IMO Seattle being forced to sign a licensing agreement and being limited in the use of words in the english language is hooey  

You can spit out the hook.  That post was a shot at the stupid rules in this country that you can trademark something like 12th man.  Maybe I can trademark "I want a drink".  IMO Seattle being forced to sign a licensing agreement and being limited in the use of words in the english language is hooey  

:hifive:

Just finished watching game from yesterday. Boykin throws a nice ball. Throw in his ability to take off and run and I think we have a viable backup. 

Happy to also see interior offensive line look dominant early. Glowinski, Britt, and Ifedi gave Michael some holes. 

LINK

Kenny Easley senior finalist for HOF voting next year. So deserving. Know length of career will be issue for some, but so happy my all time favorite Seahawk getting some recognition.

:thumbup:

As someone who rode Russell Wilson and Dougie B to multiple cashes last year, it's going to be damn hard to stay away from hem this year if they remain at current ADPs.  What am I missing here?  

LINK

Kenny Easley senior finalist for HOF voting next year. So deserving. Know length of career will be issue for some, but so happy my all time favorite Seahawk getting some recognition.

:thumbup:
Am I reading that correctly?  There is only one Senior finalist?  For whatever reason I thought they put up a few names each year but I guess I was wrong...

As someone who rode Russell Wilson and Dougie B to multiple cashes last year, it's going to be damn hard to stay away from hem this year if they remain at current ADPs.  What am I missing here?  
I don't think you are missing anything on Wilson. On Baldwin:

• IMO Lockett is in line for a breakout season, and I expect him to match or exceed Baldwin this year.
  • WR Richardson is back and healthy. He was a second round pick 2 years ago but missed most of the last 2 seasons. He could turn out to be very good.
  • WR Kearse was re-signed. While his snaps may diminish thanks to the above, he will still be a factor.
  • Graham could be back and draw more targets back to TE in comparison to Baldwin's hot streak down the stretch last season.
  • The RBs were not healthy during Baldwin's hot streak down the stretch last season, and RB TDs were down for the season. They could be healthier this season. In particular, this could matter because it seems they drafted RB Prosise specifically to play a role in the passing game, so that could mean more RB targets. (Though Prosise has been consistently injured so far.)
Add it all up, and, while I think Baldwin will remain a very good and underrated NFL WR, I think he is due for a fair amount of regression from last season fantasy-wise. In particular, I expect his TDs to drop by quite a bit.

Boykin looks pretty good, this offense is gonna be a lot better this year IMO.  I think we'll see more consistency and I like the fact that there is depth at RB and WR now, giving Wilson the weapons he needs.  Pretty excited about this season to be honest.  :thumbup:

Most talented/deep Seahawks team ever.
I think I would agree with this.  NFC has a lot of good teams though, and Arizona is loaded too.  Should be interesting, they need to get out of the gate this year playing well though instead of playing catch up in the second half.  Arizona is not losing more than five games. 

How's the O line shaping up?  I'm seeing them rated worst in the NFL.  I know theres lots of talent on the team, but this could be a huge issue, no?

How's the O line shaping up?  I'm seeing them rated worst in the NFL.  I know theres lots of talent on the team, but this could be a huge issue, no?
It will continue to be an issue. The front office is committed to spending as little as possible on the O-line to keep money invested in other position groups. IMO its related to having a QB that can hustle like Russell. With an uber-elusive QB that can avoid some of the pass rush on his own you can afford to take a hit on pass protection. 

I wouldn't take last night's lack of QB pressures from Dallas as much of a good sign. I think the Dallas front seven may be one of the worst in the NFL this coming season. 

On a positive note, Justin Britt has found a home as the center and rookie RG Ofedi looks like a keeper. Gilliam will be solid at one of the OT spots. The question marks are going to the other OT and LG Glowinski. As of now they are wild cards. Might be fine, but might be huge liabilities. They've got plenty of other guys competing for those jobs. I guess as a Seattle homer I'm not worried about it. If we've learned anything about the Seattle braintrust through the past five years it's that they have no problem allowing players to compete for every position. By mid season you can expect the O-line to be just fine. 

Yea, I don't think the Cowboys defense will be great.....it's possible they may not need to be, but if Romo goes down.....ugh

Thanks for the input on the hawks line sitch......still makes me nervous in fantasy......a patchwork O line can be hard to overcome.

Trading for two safeties.  I wonder what PC/JS are thinking here.  Maybe these guys are fits for that Brandon Browner role we heard about during the offseason?

1-0

Random thoughts...

• Kam's physical presence while healthy makes a difference. 
  • Speaking of Kam. Cool to see he has a relationship with the original Enforcer. When/If Easley gets into the HOF next year I'm considering a trip to Canton to hear his speech. My all time favorite Seahawk was all heart. 
  • Frank Clark is getting some sacks this season. Lead the team? Maybe. 
  • Interior pass rush is going to be non-existant without Mebane. Saw he had a sack for SD yesterday.
  • Earl Thomas looked lost yesterday at times. WTF? Of all things to expect to see that was near the bottom of my list.
  • Michael continues to run hard, but some of that worrisome character was showing when he was standing flat footed and Wilson tried to dump a quick pass off to him under heavy rush. 
  • Michael Bennett is going to get paid next off season. Maybe not in Seattle, but someone will get him that last contract. 
  • At the end of the season we might all look back and realize that Wright has been the best LB in Seattle all along, not Wagner. 
  • After MIA took the lead yesterday I quickly reminded myself that Wilson was our QB and felt much better. Even if they didn't win I was going to walk away from that game feeling better about the future. In all my Seahawk fan years (since 1981) I've never felt so confident in a QB as I have Wilson. 
  • Rawls didn't get the yards, but he will ran very hard and finished runs in a way that reminded me of Lynch. I think Lynch spoiled us with the way he always finished runs. I rarely see RBs across the league consistently grind out that 1 more yard like he did. 
  • I was wrong about Graham. Thought he would never play another down. Hope he can contribute in the red zone. 
  • Lane was balling yesterday when challenged. He completely blew up two WR screens by driving his man back into the play. I believe in Lane, but still have doubts about Shead. He's going to get tested. Tanneyhill avoided Sherman like the plague yesterday. Not sure what Shead's contract status is next year, but he's going to have the opportunity to get paid just like Maxwell did if he has a great season. 
  • Watched Webb and Gilliam get blown up by Suh a few times yesterday. Hope Ifedi comes back quickly. Would have enjoyed watching that match up to see who go the first personal foul called between the two. Debatable whether or not it was worth it watching Giacomini and Sweezy get those knuckle head personal fouls from time to time, but it created an attitude that might be worth it. 
  • Thought the Britt to center looks like an early success, but having doubts about Sowell at LT. Two holds against Mario/Wake yesterday won't fly. That said, only 4 penalties for 40 yards as a team was nice to see. 

Also of note from this game. Mike Morgan played LB on 10 downs while Jeremy Lane was in the game for 43 snaps. All four of the starting DBs played all 53 defensive snaps. 

Makes even more sense now that they let Irvin go to Oakland. Yes, Irvin was providing service to the team as a pass rusher as well, but its Frank Clark who fills that role now, and he might be better. Seattle might advertise that they play a 4-3 base defense, but in reality its a 4-2 with a nickel DB most of the time. Will depend on which team they are playing, but the shift to a pass heavy NFL really means there are 5 starting DBs and 2 starting LBs in the Seattle defense. 

I thought the D line played great yesterday, and I love the newcomer Jarren Reed.  Guy has a motor and always has his hands up looking to block a pass.  I think that unit is better than it was last year and I wouldn't worry about sacks.  This defense is predicated on pressure, not sacks.  Create just enough pressure to force a QB into a bad decision against a great secondary. 

Michael probably should be getting a majority of the touches, offense struggled yesterday and this team can't be putting up 40+ passes a game.  Fully confident Wilson plays next week, but I worry he's hobbled for many weeks. 

If this was my college team that would have been a meh win, and I'd be a little worried.  But it's the NFL, a win is a win is a win.  The schedule sets up nicely for a fast start, and they need that this year IMO.  Stop playing coy for 8 weeks and then kick it into gear, had enough of that shtick. 

Stop playing coy for 8 weeks and then kick it into gear, had enough of that shtick. 
Not sure I agree. Carroll focuses on "building" a great team during the season. Each season is a new one. We want to peak at the end. I'm fine with taking the bruises of learning early for the reward later on. 

This seasons schedule lines up for a much faster start, they should not sputter, but they sure did in week one.

1-1

Random Thoughts...

• WTF? It's like Jeff Fischer has copies of the Seattle playbook each year. Rams suck against almost everyone except Seattle.
  • Shead was Kenny Britt's #####. Can't help but think that maybe next time Sherman travels with Britt all game. 
  • How did Tavon Austin get the Rams to pony up all that cash? If there's a legitimate use for that guy it feels like he's being wasted in the Ram's offense.
  • Is it just the offensive line? I don't think so, but it sure feels like it.
  • Repeatedly watched Sowell get an early start on the snap and repeatedly still get beat. My wife thought I was seeing things. Was glad when I saw that two of the guys over at Fieldgulls also noticed the same thing. By the way, if you're  Seattle fan and not ready everything at Fieldgulls  you're missing out. I miss Danny Kelly, but Kenneth Arthur is doing a fine job replacing him. 
  • And speaking of Seattle beat writers, neither of them are Clare Farnsworth, but Greg Bell at the TNT and Sheil Kapadia at ESPN are doing great work as well. 
  • It's going to suck watching Aaron Donald destroy our low price O-line for years to come.
  • In several ways this feels exactly like it did a year ago, but can we trust that the O-line will dramatically improve?
  • Speaking of exactly... If memory serves correctly that was a TE streaking down the left sideline in the same manner as it was a year ago in one of the Rams losses. Same play?
  • I was some form of fan of Jeff Fischer years ago. Always seemed like he "did it right". I respect teams that run the ball well and play solid defense, but after watching Hard Knocks it felt like he sold his soul bringing in Greg Williams. That guy is a complete ###-hat. Same can likely be said of the D-line coach. No way that locker room holds up again after another 7-9 bull #### season. I can't see those players having any respect for those guys. 
  • Worried about Gus Bradley. Might be setting up nicely for Pete to retire eventually and Gus to come back to Seattle. Lots of NFL coaches need/deserve a second chance. Hoping that Seattle will be his.
  • Have  you ever seen Pete lose his #### like he did yesterday on the offensive pass interference calls? That was a first for me. And by the way, both of those calls down the left sideline were lame. The one in the endzone was legit. Anyone else think "D Jacks in 2015 super bowl"? Sigh.
  • Yes, I completely feel like I'm stealing Joe's Random Shots schtick, but I know he stole it from Peter King's I think I think schtick.
  • It was heartbreaking seeing Rawls get hit in the backfield on those first two carries. I'm glad Michael is doing well (besides the heart breaking fumble), but there's something special about Rawls that makes us all want to root for the guy. I think we saw some of that spark in week one. Dude has the ability to beast it up. Really wanting to see more of that. 
  • Lockett is a gamer. Scary to hear he went to locker room with the knee injury. Glad he was fine.
  • I'm wondering why Seattle didn't target a TE in the redzone over the past two weeks. No, they didn't have many chances, but I sort of figured that was why they sent Unger to New Orleans. Doesn't allowing Graham to go one on one on the outside for a jump ball sound like a good plan? Maybe he's not really "ready"?
  • Two more sacks for Frank. My prediction of him possibly leading the team in sacks is still sounding good.
  • The flag on Marsh was painful. Making me thing that anytime a QB is in danger he can just lead with his head to protect the rest of his body. That's what it seemed happened in this scenario. That said, that flag didn't really affect outcome so much. 
  • What is the best NFL defense? The team that gives up the fewest yards or points? Seahawks are out front again in the race to give up fewest points (for the 5th consecutive year). 
  • 49ers come to Seattle next week. If Seattle manages to lose that game I predict a lot of heart attacks across the Puget Sound next Sunday. 

1-1

Random Thoughts...

• WTF? It's like Jeff Fischer has copies of the Seattle playbook each year. Rams suck against almost everyone except Seattle.
  • Shead was Kenny Britt's #####. Can't help but think that maybe next time Sherman travels with Britt all game. 
  • How did Tavon Austin get the Rams to pony up all that cash? If there's a legitimate use for that guy it feels like he's being wasted in the Ram's offense.
  • Is it just the offensive line? I don't think so, but it sure feels like it.
  • Repeatedly watched Sowell get an early start on the snap and repeatedly still get beat. My wife thought I was seeing things. Was glad when I saw that two of the guys over at Fieldgulls also noticed the same thing. By the way, if you're  Seattle fan and not ready everything at Fieldgulls  you're missing out. I miss Danny Kelly, but Kenneth Arthur is doing a fine job replacing him. 
  • And speaking of Seattle beat writers, neither of them are Clare Farnsworth, but Greg Bell at the TNT and Sheil Kapadia at ESPN are doing great work as well. 
  • It's going to suck watching Aaron Donald destroy our low price O-line for years to come.
  • In several ways this feels exactly like it did a year ago, but can we trust that the O-line will dramatically improve?
  • Speaking of exactly... If memory serves correctly that was a TE streaking down the left sideline in the same manner as it was a year ago in one of the Rams losses. Same play?
  • I was some form of fan of Jeff Fischer years ago. Always seemed like he "did it right". I respect teams that run the ball well and play solid defense, but after watching Hard Knocks it felt like he sold his soul bringing in Greg Williams. That guy is a complete ###-hat. Same can likely be said of the D-line coach. No way that locker room holds up again after another 7-9 bull #### season. I can't see those players having any respect for those guys. 
  • Worried about Gus Bradley. Might be setting up nicely for Pete to retire eventually and Gus to come back to Seattle. Lots of NFL coaches need/deserve a second chance. Hoping that Seattle will be his.
  • Have  you ever seen Pete lose his #### like he did yesterday on the offensive pass interference calls? That was a first for me. And by the way, both of those calls down the left sideline were lame. The one in the endzone was legit. Anyone else think "D Jacks in 2015 super bowl"? Sigh.
  • Yes, I completely feel like I'm stealing Joe's Random Shots schtick, but I know he stole it from Peter King's I think I think schtick.
  • It was heartbreaking seeing Rawls get hit in the backfield on those first two carries. I'm glad Michael is doing well (besides the heart breaking fumble), but there's something special about Rawls that makes us all want to root for the guy. I think we saw some of that spark in week one. Dude has the ability to beast it up. Really wanting to see more of that. 
  • Lockett is a gamer. Scary to hear he went to locker room with the knee injury. Glad he was fine.
  • I'm wondering why Seattle didn't target a TE in the redzone over the past two weeks. No, they didn't have many chances, but I sort of figured that was why they sent Unger to New Orleans. Doesn't allowing Graham to go one on one on the outside for a jump ball sound like a good plan? Maybe he's not really "ready"?
  • Two more sacks for Frank. My prediction of him possibly leading the team in sacks is still sounding good.
  • The flag on Marsh was painful. Making me thing that anytime a QB is in danger he can just lead with his head to protect the rest of his body. That's what it seemed happened in this scenario. That said, that flag didn't really affect outcome so much. 
  • What is the best NFL defense? The team that gives up the fewest yards or points? Seahawks are out front again in the race to give up fewest points (for the 5th consecutive year). 
  • 49ers come to Seattle next week. If Seattle manages to lose that game I predict a lot of heart attacks across the Puget Sound next Sunday. 
:blackdot:

This!!!...This is how you do it everybody. This person should be on staff.

Not sure I agree. Carroll focuses on "building" a great team during the season. Each season is a new one. We want to peak at the end. I'm fine with taking the bruises of learning early for the reward later on. 
You disagree with getting off to a fast start? 

No, it's not a football article, but it epitomizes what we can expect to happen long term in Seattle. One day in the future when the Seahawks miss the playoffs on consecutive years the "12s" will go into hiding. 

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/mariners/cant-blame-mariners-fans-for-getting-drowned-out-by-jays-fans/

Seattle sports fans are fickle. I watched two innings of the baseball game last night (well, my wife was watching and I happened to be in the room) and noticed it immediately. When a Blue Jay hit that first home run to tie the game the crowd went nuts. At first I thought it was only behind the Jays third base line dugout, and then I saw where the ball landed and the Jays fans were going nuts there too. Not just going nuts, the dominated the screen. More than half of the folks at a Mariner's home game where Jays fans. Next inning Kuma throws a lob over at first base and the crowd starts booing....LOUDLY. It was surreal. 

Cherry on top? This is happening when the M's have a chance to win the wild card. I can't imagine what it was like to be one of the Seattle ball players last night. 

No, it's not a football article, but it epitomizes what we can expect to happen long term in Seattle. One day in the future when the Seahawks miss the playoffs on consecutive years the "12s" will go into hiding. 

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/mariners/cant-blame-mariners-fans-for-getting-drowned-out-by-jays-fans/

Seattle sports fans are fickle. I watched two innings of the baseball game last night (well, my wife was watching and I happened to be in the room) and noticed it immediately. When a Blue Jay hit that first home run to tie the game the crowd went nuts. At first I thought it was only behind the Jays third base line dugout, and then I saw where the ball landed and the Jays fans were going nuts there too. Not just going nuts, the dominated the screen. More than half of the folks at a Mariner's home game where Jays fans. Next inning Kuma throws a lob over at first base and the crowd starts booing....LOUDLY. It was surreal. 

Cherry on top? This is happening when the M's have a chance to win the wild card. I can't imagine what it was like to be one of the Seattle ball players last night. 
And another thing... the title of that article is 100% wrong. Blaming the team for not drawing a crowd after getting into the playoff hunt is bizarre. 

2-1

Random thoughts...

• Kam Chancellor continues to play lights out. Tackling by the back 7 (8 really if you include Lane) feels like is been more consistent this year. They aren't allowing anyone to slip free on those 3rd and 6 or 7 plays. Seeing a specific improvement this year out of LB Bobby Wagner too. He's putting ball carriers down quickly. 
  • Holy crap. A defensive takeaway. Just one through three games. Being a stats guy (I teach an advanced placement statistics course) I have a good feel for what true variability looks like. That doesn't mean I don't have feelings, but that I understand perception and reality are too often different things. Turnovers will come in bunches as the season progresses. 
  • I finally had to admit in another thread that Lockett has little to no chance to pass up Baldwin in targets. That's not to say that Lockett doesn't impress me with his talent and abilities, but that Baldwin has really earned my respect. If you missed out on his diving one handed grab its worth a peak. Baldwin is playing off the charts. So happy that the Seattle front office continues to pay the right players with long term deals. 
  • Speaking of the front office...How in the world has John Schneider not won any major awards? He's crushed the draft since being in Seattle. He's crushed the decision making with who to pay and who to let go. Seriously, no one in the NFL is doing his job better than Schneider. 
  • How can we not worry about Russell Wilson? Well, I'm not really worried. He's shown a penchant for avoiding major contact. He hasn't taken too many awkward hits. I believe he'll be fine going forward. Sort of reminds me of Favre in that same way that he'll get tackled from time to time, but he has a good sense about preserving his body and limbs. I'm going to say that the awkward knee bend (how was that not a blown ACL?) up to random chance. Whew...
  • Don't call me Chris-teen had a huge game, but I think it was more the left side of the offensive line had a huge game. Sowell, Glowinski, and Britt opened a few massive holes that allowed Michael to explode through untouched. On top of that, the WRs all locked up too. 41 yards untouched? How often does that happen in the NFL? So what's going on over at the right side? Gilliam and Webb have been underwhelming. Making me wonder what Cable has seen in Gilliam to have so much faith in him. Really hoping that Ifedi is ready for a return this week.
  • Rawls news was disappointing. I continue to believe that the team will turn back to Rawls once he is fulling healthy, and I don't think any amount of statistics will keep Michael in a starting role. I purposefully say "believe" because I have faith in what the coaches say. If you listen to their rhetoric I think they "believe" in Rawls. Personalities and temperament count because this is such an emotional game. Adversity will come to everyone in the NFL, and I have doubts that Michael will handle that adversity well. Time will tell. 
  • Speaking of returns, maybe we get to see CJ Procise this week? How many touches will he get? Perhaps a receiving threat out of the backfield?
  • Finally a week of long snaps without a hitch. If none of us take notice in hearing the name Nolan Frese for the rest of the year that will have been a good thing. What an awful job. As long as I go unnoticed it was a good day?
  • Again another week where Sherman didn't see many ball on his side, but he was damn close to picking one of those targets. Surprised that he didn't get his first when he undercut that route. 
  • I wondering why they have Lockett returning punts, but not kickoffs. He almost took one the distance again. 
  • How on earth did this 49er team embarrass the Rams so badly? I guess its telling just how important match-ups are on a weekly basis. I'm thinking the larger more talented 49er offensive line was able to neutralize the Rams fearsome front making it hard for them to have any impact on that game. If anything, it makes me worry about next week against the Jets. Their front four is arguably even better. Traveling to the east coast. 10am start time (Pacfic time). Ugh. :FingersCrossed:
  •  Here's an odd story. Seahawks play the Jets next week. Fitz throws 6 picks last week. How often does that happen? I remember a year where it happened twice between two teams that played each other in division. 1984. Seahawks vs Cheifs. Seattle throws six picks @ KC (5 from Kreig and 1 from Zorn). KC throws six picks @ SEA. In that game Seattle DBs Brown, Easley, and Simpson return a pick for a TD. If you can name the guy who threw the 6th KC interception you're a fountain of useless information. Even weirder still. In 1983 when they played the two teams combine for 99 points in shootout. Those KC/SEA games where bizarre times back in the 80s. 
Until next week.

I remember watching this game live on TV when I was a child.  Fun memories...
The 83-84 teams were my favorites. Even more than the mid to late 2000s team that lost the super bowl. The mid 80s team just captured the fan base and created a fervor that I haven't seen in this area before. Sure, everyone loves a winner, but for me that team was special. Pretty sure I can still name the entire starting lineup. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The 83-84 teams were my favorites. Even more than the mid to late 2000s team that lost the super bowl. The mid 80s team just captured the fan base and created a fervor that I haven't seen in this area before. Sure, everyone loves a winner, but for me that team was special. Pretty sure I can still name the entire starting lineup. 
Different teams and I loved both of them.  Those 83-84 years we just seemed to have this amazing defense.  The 2005 team it felt like we were going to score on every drive.  And that's what is getting crazy about this current team--they might get to a point where they are the best of both.

Users who are viewing this thread