What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*--* 2016 Seattle Seahawks Thread *--* (3 Viewers)

The hawks O line is not good.......if they can protect Russ, then it's anyones game....if not, hotlanta advances.

Any C.J Promise news today besides game time decision? He practiced fully and is another weapon.

SEA has got to stay with ATL's firepower then anything can happen late in the game. SEA has laid a few stinkers, could happen again. If they squeeze by ATL they could get a home game against GB? Meaning it could be a rematch with NE. SEA could go to DAL and get a W, albeit more of a long shot to keep winning on the  road.

Any C.J Promise news today besides game time decision? He practiced fully and is another weapon.

SEA has got to stay with ATL's firepower then anything can happen late in the game. SEA has laid a few stinkers, could happen again. If they squeeze by ATL they could get a home game against GB? Meaning it could be a rematch with NE. SEA could go to DAL and get a W, albeit more of a long shot to keep winning on the  road.
It will be interesting on how they play it.  IMO, since he hasn't been healthy the entire week resting him would show some confidence in this game where starting him may indicate we think we need several aces up our sleeves to win.

I personally think he starts.  This game seems more difficult than either potential games next week.

Prosise not expected to go today according to Ian Rappaport. Damn it Jim!

Seahawks running back C.J. Prosise (shoulder) will not play Saturday against the Falcons, but if Seattle advances he'll play next week, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports.

Last edited by a moderator:
First game as a Hawk homer.  Scary matchup - Philip Rivers was on talk radio earlier this week saying he thought Atlanta was being slept on as a serious Super Bowl contender.  

I'm an optimist.  Feels like Michael Bennett is due for a couple of high impact plays.  Hawks 27 Dirty Birds 24
Dude you are really bad luck as a fan.  Couldn't you have picked the Packers or Cardinals?  :wall:

Yeah, it isn't the OC.  Richard was garbage.  With all that talent do you honestly see someone like Belichick missing the mark that badly?  This guy needs to go back to being a DB coach where his impact is minimal.

biju said:
Yeah, it isn't the OC.  Richard was garbage.  With all that talent do you honestly see someone like Belichick missing the mark that badly?  This guy needs to go back to being a DB coach where his impact is minimal.
Bevell stinks though, so it is the OC.  Not based on this game, based on the whole season. 

Bevell stinks though, so it is the OC.  Not based on this game, based on the whole season. 
I just don't see it all being Bevell.  He's had injuries to deal with.  Richard as a whole has been bad all around regardless of his talent.  I'm ok agreeing to disagree with you Hoop.

I just don't see it all being Bevell.  He's had injuries to deal with.  Richard as a whole has been bad all around regardless of his talent.  I'm ok agreeing to disagree with you Hoop.
Well there is a bigger problem and that is the team just simply not showing up for regular season games the past two years.  What advantages does the team have?  Defense and strong QB play.  Where are those strengths amplified?  At home.  Why are the patriots in the AFC Championship game every year?  They play at home after a bye week because they don't mail in regular season games. 

AT New Orleans, at the Rams, home to the Cards.  You have to win two of those games and they only had to win one of them to have played that game at home today.  Maybe Atlanta wins anyway, but I don't think they get pounded the way they did today.  Next year they have to go to Jacksonville, Tennessee, Dallas, Green Bay, and the Giants.  Not very easy.

Need to draft another O-lineman high, need another CB, and might need another safety if they let Chancellor go.  I think the offense is set at the skill positions, maybe another WR but the group they have is fine if they are healthy.  I thought they were the best team in the NFL mid-season, but they just looked like crap down the stretch.  Injuries played a role, bad coaching played a role, some bad luck played a role.  Still think they have a window to win another Super Bowl, but as each year passes it closes a bit more. 

Made this post today in the Atlanta thread.

Apparently there's even less of them than us. 
The passionate fans in Atlanta about the Falcons are African-American males - most of the good old boys necks mostly care about UGA.  Most of the people who can afford tickets are transplants.  That and the team has sucked forever.  Only recent have they been above average and I give Blank credit for that.  No clue what happens the rest of the way this year but they should have a 3-5 year window left with Ryan - honestly if they don't get over the hump and win one it will be a disappointment.  

The passionate fans in Atlanta about the Falcons are African-American males - most of the good old boys necks mostly care about UGA.  Most of the people who can afford tickets are transplants.  That and the team has sucked forever.  Only recent have they been above average and I give Blank credit for that.  No clue what happens the rest of the way this year but they should have a 3-5 year window left with Ryan - honestly if they don't get over the hump and win one it will be a disappointment.  
Fun fact: the Falcons have now made the NFCCG four times in the last 20 years, yet people always act like the team never does anything, probably because Atlanta has a rep for being an awful sports city. 

PC and JS need to finally admit that their O-line experiment is no longer working.  They need to invest some high draft picks in the O line and bring in a veteran FA.  They need to draft a couple of DBs and a big split end in April as well.  Obviously, just drafting those positions is no guarantee---they have to hit on those picks, which JS has been a bit less successful at in the past couple of drafts.

It would also help if some of the veterans would mature a bit and knock off the BS antics (predominantly Sherman, some Bennett)--and that's partially on Carroll's shoulders to rein them in. Although they'll deny it, I have no doubt that the off field antics were definitely disruptive this season.

According to his holiness the Dalai Lama the source of all human misery is expectations. 

My expectations for the offensive line were too high. I expected too much of Fant, Gilliam, and Ifedi. I can only assume John Schneider and Tom Cable are going through the same range of emotions. Probably much worse. I thought the Seahawks would put up a much better game this past weekend. I need to contemplate this a bit more before throwing out random comments on the end of the season. I'm wondering if the things that I assumed were true are still true in my mind. We'll see. 

The Seahawks seem to lose their cool and want to fight almost every time they face adversity. And Pete Carroll doesn't necessarily want that to change.

My question is do you ultimately think it is good or bad for the team? 

I just read that Seattle might lose a 2nd round pick for not disclosing the Richard Sherman injury despite him not missing a snap due to the injury.  I flipping hate Seattle but that would be completely stupid to penalize them for that we he didn't miss a snap.

Users who are viewing this thread