What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 Snap Count Thread (1 Viewer)

GB/ATL

Campbell was 63%, and Jones 90%.  Campbell get banged up?  

I dunno, but his grades have been good this year. 
Since the Packers had no RBs the Falcons went in dime formation for most of the second half leaving Jones and pulling Campbell.

And if you are referring to PFF grades.....well, he's rated as the 6th WORST inside linebacker.

Since the Packers had no RBs the Falcons went in dime formation for most of the second half leaving Jones and pulling Campbell.

And if you are referring to PFF grades.....well, he's rated as the 6th WORST inside linebacker.
Good stuff, I had read good things about him so that is interesting.  Neith Jones nor Campbell should be ILB, btho should be an OLB

massraider said:
Good stuff, I had read good things about him so that is interesting.  Neith Jones nor Campbell should be ILB, btho should be an OLB
I have no sense of what the ATL corps should look like. I don't know that they do either. 

massraider said:
But:  This is not a stud LB from an NFL perspective, so I would trade him for a real stud, Wagner/Kuechly.  David is still clearly better.  I just think he's ina better position to make tackles in their defense.   
I totally understand what you're getting at here, and I'm talking in more general terms rather than "Alexander vs. Player X" specifically here, but for the purposes of fantasy I think we need to be careful what we classify as a "stud" in reality or a "stud" for fantasy purposes.  

As an owner of Bobby Wagner for his entire career in multiple leagues, I absolutely think he is on the exact same plane, physically and mentally, as Keek when we're talking "real" NFL football.....but from purely a fantasy standpoint they aren't in the same tier.  Wagner's home stat crew, given their love affair with assisted tackles, neuter him with regularity.   This year is pretty much a microcosm of his career:  Home game?  He's going to score like a high-end LB3 most weeks, or a LB2 if things break right.  Road?  He's scoring like Keek typically does(so, basically a QB) pretty much every game they're away from Qwest/Century Link/whatever the hell they call it now.   

tl;dr:  I'd be careful of trading out a guy who is a lesser player in reality, but potential difference maker in fantasy, for one who is a legitimate difference make in reality, but doesn't always provide the impact he does on the field on Sunday in the box score on MFL.  The Barrett Ruud's of the NFL can carry you to a championship, so long as they're being given volume when it comes to PT.

Last edited by a moderator:
massraider said:
Great game for both players last night

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-atl-tb-grades-matt-ryan-excellent-in-falcons-win/

Top defensive grades:

LB DeVondre Campbell 84.8

LB Deion Jones 84.7

DE Adrian Clayborn 80.9

CB Jalen Collins 79.5

OLB Vic Beasley 79.2

Front-seven finds success stopping run and getting to the quarterback

Eight of the 10 defenders in the front seven who played at least 20 snaps finished with above-average overall grades. LB Deion Jones played well against the run and in coverage for the second straight week, while DeVondre Campbell had his best game of the year.

I totally understand what you're getting at here, and I'm talking in more general terms rather than "Alexander vs. Player X" specifically here, but for the purposes of fantasy I think we need to be careful what we classify as a "stud" in reality or a "stud" for fantasy purposes.  

As an owner of Bobby Wagner for his entire career in multiple leagues, I absolutely think he is on the exact same plane, physically and mentally, as Keek when we're talking "real" NFL football.....but from purely a fantasy standpoint they aren't in the same tier.  Wagner's home stat crew, given their love affair with assisted tackles, neuter him with regularity.   This year is pretty much a microcosm of his career:  Home game?  He's going to score like a high-end LB3 most weeks, or a LB2 if things break right.  Road?  He's scoring like Keek typically does(so, basically a QB) pretty much every game they're away from Qwest/Century Link/whatever the hell they call it now.   

tl;dr:  I'd be careful of trading out a guy who is a lesser player in reality, but potential difference maker in fantasy, for one who is a legitimate difference make in reality, but doesn't always provide the impact he does on the field on Sunday in the box score on MFL.  The Barrett Ruud's of the NFL can carry you to a championship, so long as they're being given volume when it comes to PT.
Good point, especially about SEA and their brutal scorers.

To be sure, Kwon isn't a rotten LB, I was only mentioning Lavonte is still good/better than him.  

TB/ATL

Appears that the Falcons hit, or didn't whiff, on all three of the kids.  All three are IDP starters, or close to it.  Neal in particular is a tackle machine.  Good work  by Dimitroff it seems on these draft picks.

Only other Falcon I pay attention to is Robert Alford as an occasional streamer if the matchups work out.  He gets a lot of work opposite Trufant.

Kwon Alexander suffered a shoulder stinger, but did return to the game, I believe.  Has a bye week to get healthy.

Daryl Smith was the fill in for three down work, and if Kwon were to miss time, the vet would probably be a great pickup.  

Both the TB safeties are not good.  

DAL/CLE

Dallas only had 44 defensive snaps, so there was not a lot of opportunity here for guys like JJ Wilcox, who took over for Barry Church.  Funny, I picked him up, and started him, then after the game I was wondering why I plugged him in.  CLE vs a strong running team is a recipe for low tackle opportunity for the other team.  

Anthony Hitchens at 82%, I fell like that's pretty steady, but not positive.  

CLE snap counts look different than your average team.  3 LBs played a ton (Collins and Kirksey 100%, Davis 67%).  Two of their DT's played over 80%.  CLE was loaded up to stop the run, so I would not expect Demario's snap counts to stay that high.  I don't believe he is rosterable with Collins in town.  

So much for Collins getting eased in.  

Emmanuel Ogbah is playing DE.  He is useless as a LB in most league sites, but might make for a fine stash for next year if he switches designations.  Assuming he is any good, that is.  I have no idea, but I read a lot of dissenting opinions of him pre-draft.  

GB/IND

I watched this game closely, and there was a some interesting IDP stuff here.  

Clayton Geathers is an every week starter for IDP, and I expect bigger games.  He is the Colts 2nd LB, for all intents and purposes.  

I was a week early on Ladarius Gunter as a streaming CB option, but he paid off this week.  Good numbers. 

Blake Martinez and Jake Ryan each played 81% (55 snaps).  

TJ Green took over for injured Mike Adams, and was at 100%.  I dunno how long Adams is out for, but I dunno if Green can consistently match Adams numbers.  Much more a centerfielder type than an in the box safety.  

If you ae looking for another Colts LB, well so are they.  Edwin Jackson barely played, Akeem Ayers was actually the 2nd of the ball LB in snaps with 39%.  Nothing to see here.  

KC/JAX

THe best team in the AFC West played in this game, not on Sunday night.  

I have been starting Daniel Sorenson for two weeks now, but feel like I am playing with fire.  He's a matchup play at best.  57%, looks like it's DS on nickel, and Ramik Wilson on run downs.  57%, even as a moneybacker, isn't what you want.  He's a guy I will play when the other team runs 3 wides, and throws to the backs.  

Dee Ford is coming into his own.  I rarely own 3-4 edge guys in IDP, but if you watch Chiefs games, you hear his name a lot.  

Phillip Gaines for the win.  Picked him up for a week, and led the team in tackles.   :thumbup:

NYJ/MIA

Ugly game from a stats standpoint.

Unless you started Cameron Wake or Ndamukong Suh.  Wake is approximately 68 years old, tore his Achilles last year, and is back ripping it up.  Amazing.  

Isa Abdul-Quddus, hello?  Played 100% and had 2 tackles.  Here's a part of the reason: The D-line was playing too good.  3 D-linemen had more tackles than Isa.  

Darron Lee was inactive this week, which I was unaware of.  Julian Stanford filled in, and was only LB to play 100%. 

Jets have no pass rush.  Why is that?  

DET/MIN

Lot of Lions piled up tackles, MIN spread it out a bit more.  

Both DET safeties had good games.

Josh Bynes started and played 64%.  He's JAG however, but the Lions know him and vice versa, that's why he's here.  

Kerry Hyder played 51%, and had two sacks.  

Ezekiel Ansah is back and playing a ton, getting tackles at least.  

Looks like teams are hip to Danielle Hunter he has been quiet for a bit now.  Designated pass rusher, only played 48%

Erik Kendricks was out for this game.  I was not feeling optimistic there would be good opportunity for his replacement, but if you were wondering how it went:  Cole 24%, Lamur 24%, but the big winner was Gereenway 74%.  

NYG/PHI

Nothing earth-shaking here, but Giants S Andrew Adams led the game in tackles and had a pick.  I have not much interest in a Giants S not named Landon Collins.  Feels like an outlier to me.  

I love crapping on Giants LBs, but I think I grabbed Keenan Robinson in a league last week.  He is looking like he is passing Casillas as the guy to own, but I still believe you cannot trust this situation for a set it and forget it starter.  Bye week gold mining, you feel me?

Mildly interesting to me:  Jaylen Watkins played more snaps st CB than Leodis McKelvin.  Injury to McKelvin maybe?

JPP and Olivier Vernon are playing pretty much 90% of snaps every week.  I thought Odighizuwa would be part of the rotation, he's a disappointment to me.  

Snacks Harrison might have been overpaid, but he is darn good at what he does.  

CAR/LA

Shaq Thompson was inactive today, and his snaps were taken by the illustrious AJ Klein.  I'm a big AJ Klein fan,only because he fools me into thinking that Luke Keuchly has lost a step, and looks stiff, until I realize there is more than one white LB in the NFL, and I have confused the two of them.  

Can we talk about Robert Quinn?  This guy has done nothing this year, and got skunked on Sunday.  I'm cutting him this week.  What is going on with him?

I'm going to take a look at the Rams CBs this week, because I think there's some streaming love to be had here.  Just not sure who.  Bad offense, combined with their bad pass rush is good fo CB numbers.  

Yes, Mark Barron, yes.  I can already tell that Barron is going to be like Thomas Davis, a guy I picked off the scrap heap one year, and held onto for years.  I have league mates that ask me if I can ever remember not owning Thomas Davis.   :wub:   Barron was a waiver wire add for me last year, and I will always remember 2015 the year I had 2 LBs playing S for my team (Deone and Barron), neither of whom I drafted.  

PIT/BAL

PIT rana lot of base sets at the Ravens, so 3 LBs played a lot.  Mosely is the name, but Orr is getting the tackles.  McClellen played a lot, but vs 3 wides, he is off the field.  

Haven't seen Artie Burns play, but the rookie is starting and playing full time.  

This was a game that all the action happend at the LOS, meaning there wasn't much tackle opportunity for the DBs.  Neither team could run the ball.  BAL is not a team to take lightly, if they had a better back than West, they would be a LOT better.  

James Harrison had 2 sacks and 6 tackles.  What a bad dude this guy is.  

TEN/SD

With no Jatavius or Perryman, Koey Toomer got the snaps, as we expected, and was a nice spot starter this week.  

Titan S rotation continued: Searcy 80%, Stafford, 75%, Byard 61%.  

Chargers ran mostly base stuff, with so many WRs banged up, so both Woodyad and Sean Spence played a lot, Woodyard 52%, and Spence 71%.  

I don't know the status of Perryman or Jatavius, but as long as they both out, Toomer seems like a solid start.  They have MIA at home next week, then bye, so maybe team sits one or both, giving them three weeks to heal.  

Casey Hayward sat out there in free agency, and every fan of every team wanted their team to sign him.  Finally signs with SD, and has been very solid.  

SF/NO

I believe SF is the worst team in football right now, and even took the Saints, on the road, in a Survivor pool, so I really must think the 49ers stink.  

So I am taking an extra good look at SF defenders.  CBs, DTs, whatever.  87 snaps.  SF defenders played 87 snaps last week.  That's double what Dallas defenders played.  Perfect storm:  QB who doesn't move the chains and keep the clock rolling, a coach that loves fast pace, thus leading to 48 second possessions, and a bunch of bad defenders, leading to more tackle opportunities.  Let's put a pin in this team for now, and revisit in depth later this week.

Saints 3 safeties are all playing full time, at the expense of any LB not named Craig Robertson.  A few Saints returned this week, Sheldon Rankins and Delvin Breaux.  

Beware recent superstar Nathan Stupar. True he is playing over bigger names, but is only at 60% in this game.  

Saints defense might wind up being decent at some point this year.  Jordan, Kruger, Fairly, Rankins, Vaccaro, Bell.....the cupboard is not bare on the NO defense.  

DEN/OAK

Not a great week to start Raider defenders, as they played 56 snaps, and not a ton of tackle chances in the back 7.  Malcolm Smith and Perry Riley remained the 3 down guys, but Smith is the guy to own.  He had 8 tackles in this game, and that's about his ceiling, IMO.  He won't win you a title, but will give you 5-6 tackles every week.  Riley is less active, but does what he is supposed to do, and is better in coverage than I thought he was.  His arrival on the field coincides with the Raiders playing better defense, who ahve three games ina  row trending in the right direction. 

The Broncos 3rd CB, Lorenzo Doss, played 34%, which shows you exactly what the Raiders were doing on offense.  The Raiders 3rd G, Denver Kirkland, played 48% ( :shock: ), as a blocking TE.  The formula to beat DEN is out there, counter the speed with size.  

Check Derek Wolfe, I think he broke an arm or something.  

Of the top 10 tacklers in this game, 8 were Broncos.  

SEA/BUF

Nothing new here this week aside from what we knew:  Robert Blanton is the BUF SS, as expected.  Kelcie McCray filled in for Kam again.

Shaq Lawson had a sack, and looks like he is on his way.  

But really the story is the Seattle scorer.  For years the IDP community has been annoyed with the Seattle scorers, and their stingy scoring.  Well, someone said something to someone.  Wagner: 8 assists.  Thomas: 7 assists.  Shead: 4 assists.  Crazy.  Thought I was slick benching Shead this week, turns out I didn't need to worry.  

Lorenzo Alexander returned, and I think he had another sack.  What a year.

Hmm, think that's it this week.  

:bowtie:

Trending up:

Toomer/LB

Keenan Robinson/LB 

McCray/S - I think he's a dynasty hold with Chancellor's inability to stay on the field lately. McCray has produced and Chancellor is expensive.

Byard/S

What happened to Zach Brown this week in Buffalo?  I can't find any news.  Wasn't anyone else playing this guy with confidence up until this point every week?

"Anthony Hitchens at 82%, I fell like that's pretty steady, but not positive."

Came in here to comment on this. You mentioned only 44 defensive snaps and Hitchens played less than 40 and had 3 solos, 3 assists and a half sack. Wilcox was taking nickel LB snaps from Hitchens but is now a 3 down S for 5 weeks while Church is out. Hitchens was also splitting MLB snaps with Durant...Durant only played 11% last week so Hitchens appears to have pulled away. Looks like Hitchens could be a 3 down MLB down the stretch and I have to imagine is available in quite a few deep leagues. Worth keeping tabs on.

massraider said:
TB/ATL

Appears that the Falcons hit, or didn't whiff, on all three of the kids.  All three are IDP starters, or close to it.  Neal in particular is a tackle machine.  Good work  by Dimitroff it seems on these draft picks.

Only other Falcon I pay attention to is Robert Alford as an occasional streamer if the matchups work out.  He gets a lot of work opposite Trufant.
I would disagree a bit on the bold above.   Adrian Clayborn (4 sacks over the last three weeks with at least 3 solos each game) and Vic Beasley (7.5 sacks on the season including three in the last three games) are worth rostering especially in big play leagues.  With the way the Falcons are scoring this season these guys will have lots of opportunity for sacks moving forward.

massraider said:
DEN/OAK

Check Derek Wolfe, I think he broke an arm or something.  
Wolfe has a hairline fracture in his elbow but they don't believe surgery is necessary.  Will likely miss a few games but it is not as bad as originally thought.

In regards to Baltimore; rookie OLB Matt Judon needs to be considered by any big play league teams. Especially long term.

Suggs and Dumervil may be limited for much of the remaining season and careers.  Judon had 20 sacks his final college season (Grand Valley) and is the heir apparent to pass rushing for the Ravens. He had a sack in each of his first 3 preseason games. And this game he had 2 sacks while playing only 46% of the snaps. He played 48% the week before and managed 1+3 tackles. ZSmith and McLellan are listed above him at OLB, but that should be only temporary.
*Judon got another sack despite playing only 38%of the snaps.

Circling back to SF:

Those LBs are obvious, and Hodges and Bellore are both rostered, right?  

I'm thinking about the corners, and even Glenn Dorsey, since Armstead is out.  I have a DE on a bye this week, and Dorsey seems like a solid bet for some tackle production.  

Mass - Sac Bee reporting that Chip Kelly "tabbed DE Quinton Dial as a potential replacement" for Armstead. I didn't see the game, but it does appear that Dorsey's snap count went up significantly when Armstead went down but Dial also saw a bit of an uptick in snaps. There might be something there with Dorsey, just not sure where they will ultimately play him. If they stick him in Dial's spot, you may not get the production you are hoping for. That said, if the SF defense plays another 85 snaps this weekend, which doesn't seem to be a stretch for them, Dorsey can't help but fall into a few tackles.

SF IDPs is just the topic I need right now. :yes:

I'm looking at Mike Purcell as a DT replacement (Hyder's bye week) but can't find any info on him. He had decent production based on my league's scoring but didn't play last week (zero stats & zero % snap count). I see no injury info.... anyone close enough to SF to know? He's listed as their starting NT still.

Dang... Armstead to IR, so much for that scoop.....

not sure what to make of this...

http://www.ninersnation.com/2016/11/9/13576290/glenn-dorsey-mike-purcell-nose-tackle-arik-armstead-injury

The San Francisco 49ers placed defensive tackle Arik Armstead on injured reserve Tuesday afternoon, and that is leading to a shuffle on the defensive line. Head coach Chip Kelly met with the media on Wednesday, and he provided some insight into what Armstead’s absence means for the line.

Quinton Dial has been getting nose tackle work, but the plan is to move him back out to defensive end. Glenn Dorsey and Mike Purcell will split time at nose tackle. Purcell was inactive this past week, and had seen his snap totals declining the past few weeks. It would seem Armstead’s injury will result in a second chance for Purcell.

DeForest Buckner will remain the other defensive end in the team’s base. Ronald Blair, Tony Jerod-Eddie, and new addition Chris Jones (claimed off waivers on Tuesday) will all get some opportunities as well. When the team switches to their nickel, we see the defensive ends move inside to the two defensive tackle spots. We will see plenty of rotation there as well.

So... big question moving forward... do you bet on Collins in Cleveland, or bet on his replacement in NE (Elandon Roberts)?  Curious as to your opinions -- you guys are way more versed in IDP than I am.

So... big question moving forward... do you bet on Collins in Cleveland, or bet on his replacement in NE (Elandon Roberts)?  Curious as to your opinions -- you guys are way more versed in IDP than I am.
Cleveland's D will be on the field a lot, and they already played Collins 100% of their snaps.  I'd say he has the better situation in which to accumulate tackles, and is capable of big plays even with poor game scripts.  Easily Collins over Roberts to my mind.

Cleveland's D will be on the field a lot, and they already played Collins 100% of their snaps.  I'd say he has the better situation in which to accumulate tackles, and is capable of big plays even with poor game scripts.  Easily Collins over Roberts to my mind.
Completely agree. Roberts won't be stepping into the MLB role (that's still Hightower) so you have to go with the talent of Collins and the better situation. We know without question that Collins is NOT 'just a guy' while we really know nothing about Roberts. He could be great, could be JAG, he could get 20% of snaps and be completely irrelevant. Rostering OLBs tends to be best saved for the sacks guys and uber-talented players... that's Collins.

Flying Elvis said:
Completely agree. Roberts won't be stepping into the MLB role (that's still Hightower) so you have to go with the talent of Collins and the better situation. We know without question that Collins is NOT 'just a guy' while we really know nothing about Roberts. He could be great, could be JAG, he could get 20% of snaps and be completely irrelevant. Rostering OLBs tends to be best saved for the sacks guys and uber-talented players... that's Collins.
Make it another in agreement that Collins is in a better IDP situation than Roberts for this year.

JoeSteeler said:

http://www.ninersnation.com/2016/11/9/13576290/glenn-dorsey-mike-purcell-nose-tackle-arik-armstead-injury

The San Francisco 49ers placed defensive tackle Arik Armstead on injured reserve Tuesday afternoon, and that is leading to a shuffle on the defensive line. Head coach Chip Kelly met with the media on Wednesday, and he provided some insight into what Armstead’s absence means for the line.

Quinton Dial has been getting nose tackle work, but the plan is to move him back out to defensive end. Glenn Dorsey and Mike Purcell will split time at nose tackle. Purcell was inactive this past week, and had seen his snap totals declining the past few weeks. It would seem Armstead’s injury will result in a second chance for Purcell.

DeForest Buckner will remain the other defensive end in the team’s base. Ronald Blair, Tony Jerod-Eddie, and new addition Chris Jones (claimed off waivers on Tuesday) will all get some opportunities as well. When the team switches to their nickel, we see the defensive ends move inside to the two defensive tackle spots. We will see plenty of rotation there as well.
I have DeForest Buckner as my DL (1 pt Tackle , 0.5 pt Assist, 4 pt Sack). Do you think he has higher floor against ARI?

Calais Campbell is available on WaiverWire. SO Buckner or Campbell?

I have DeForest Buckner as my DL (1 pt Tackle , 0.5 pt Assist, 4 pt Sack). Do you think he has higher floor against ARI?

Calais Campbell is available on WaiverWire. SO Buckner or Campbell?
Campbell on the wire is surprising.  Unless it's dynasty and you're worried about long term age at the position, pick him up!

(Even then...dl are replacable enough not to sweat an aging curve the way you might at qb or rb.)

JoeSteeler said:

Tell you what, I read this, and was confused, as it seems like Dorsey benefited in the short term.  But that would not be the first time a team did one thing immediately after an injury, then did something different after some time to plan for it.  

Then I was listening to the IDP blitz podcast (first time I checked it out), and it was casually mentioned that Quinton Dial is listed as a DT on MFL.  That made my head snap up like a pit bull hearing an electric can opener.  

If you play in DT-required leagues, you need to take a real good look at Dial.  If I can get a starting DE (nickel DT) for a defense that is on the field 75 times a game, and this guy is a DT on MFL, hells bells, that's what I'm looking for.  

Nice fine, Joe, and even if nothing comes from this, we need to take a look at how SF rolls their line out.  

A few really quick notes:

Ed Reynolds played 74 of 82 snaps for Cleveland at S (the most of any Ss). He ended with 5 solos and an assist. He played 30 last week. He may be taking over for Derrick Kindred. He was a 5th round pick for Philly a few years ago. I'm going to pick him up. If he becomes something, I'll look to flip him for something minimal. I think Kirksey, Jamie Collins and Shelton are the only guys you can trust to be on the Browns next year. They have so many draft picks. I don't want any of their other starters on my dynasty team at the end of the season. Let me know if I'm missing anyone.

Derrick Johnson was banged up for this game so Ramik Wilson played 67 out of 72 snaps. He ended with 3 solos and 2 assists. Rough game for Daniel Sorensen as well, only 17 snaps. The Panthers got up big in the 2nd quarter. The Chiefs scored 17 of their 20 points in the 4th. So, hopefully, the Panthers just didn't need to roll 3 WR sets out there for most of the game.

Eddie Goldman came back with a vengeance for the Bears. He still only played 31 of 75 snaps. He's a beast at a mere 22 years old. Really makes me question some life choices...

Deon Bush played his first defensive snap last week. He played 7 on Sunday. If this trend continues, you may want to start looking at moving Harold Jones-Quartey. Don't tell anyone in my league.

Roberts starts and plays 83% of the D snaps, but manages only 1 solo and 3 assists. ugh. 

He may be a missle, but he could use some guidance. 

Really curious to see what happened with stupar's count this week.

Nice to see Eric berry showing signs of life the last 2 weeks.

mcclendon was a beast as a 1 week fill in. self-back-pat-go! lol... keeping him now since it's a dt required league and he's 6 overall in the scoring system.

Really curious to see what happened with stupar's count this week  

Saints played only 2 LBs almost the entire game.  Stupar's 18 snaps were the only ones taken by a 3rd LB the entire game. 

I don't quite understand that, given how incredibly poorly Ellerbe has played. 

A few really quick notes:

Ed Reynolds played 74 of 82 snaps for Cleveland at S (the most of any Ss). He ended with 5 solos and an assist. He played 30 last week. He may be taking over for Derrick Kindred. He was a 5th round pick for Philly a few years ago. I'm going to pick him up. If he becomes something, I'll look to flip him for something minimal. I think Kirksey, Jamie Collins and Shelton are the only guys you can trust to be on the Browns next year. They have so many draft picks. I don't want any of their other starters on my dynasty team at the end of the season. Let me know if I'm missing anyone.
I don't disagree with your conclusion, but I wouldn't read too much into Reynolds' snap count last week.  For better or worse Horton is/has been experimenting with different personnel groupings all year.  It's one giant preseason, an eval period.  I'm guessing Reynolds did something to earn those snaps, but given the defense's performance there's no good reason to believe it'll happen again.

I don't disagree with your conclusion, but I wouldn't read too much into Reynolds' snap count last week.  For better or worse Horton is/has been experimenting with different personnel groupings all year.  It's one giant preseason, an eval period.  I'm guessing Reynolds did something to earn those snaps, but given the defense's performance there's no good reason to believe it'll happen again.
Shhh. Don't tell anyone in my league. Another big week and I can maybe get a 5th or 6th for him.

As a makeup, gonna try and find a guy from each team to stash in the dynasty stash thread. Working on that for tomorrow

Link to the full time change?

I know he was against the Packers -- but redskins.com doesn't have anything that reads its like you stated it.
Love to see that too. Everything I've read suggests the 'Skins were in sub-packages for most of the game leading to extended snaps for Cravens. Foster is still the guy in the base. With that said, Ryan Sitzmann (IDP Guru) wrote the following about Cravens this week - "Up until last week, he was just a subpackage player. However, given his strong play in those packages, the Washington coaching staff decided to move him up into a full-time role over Mason Foster. "

That may be where the rumor came from but it still sounds more like speculation than fact.  

Users who are viewing this thread