What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 Subscriber Contest - live scoring in first post (2 Viewers)

I should move on to the championship rounds. 23 over the cut and still have Marshall to go. Here we go!

Entry 111515Score: 175.75

Pos

Player

Team

Price

FPts

QB

Kirk Cousins

WAS

$13

QB

Tyrod Taylor

BUF

$11

RB

David Johnson

ARI

$30

RB

LeSean McCoy

BUF

$24

RB

DeMarco Murray

TEN

$15

RB

Derrick Henry

TEN

$7

RB

Jordan Todman

IND

$2

WR

Jordy Nelson

GB

$29

WR

Mike Wallace

BAL

$5

WR

Brandon Marshall

NYJ

$22

WR

Marvin Jones

DET

$12

WR

Sammie Coates

PIT

$6

TE

Zach Ertz

PHI

$18

TE

Jordan Reed

WAS

$22

TE

Delanie Walker

TEN

$16

PK

Sebastian Janikowski

OAK

$3

PK

Blair Walsh

MIN

$5

DST

Detroit Lions

DET

$3

DST

Arizona Cardinals

ARI

$7

Arodin said:
Correct.  Just like fumbles, completions, yards, receptions don't.  Really the only outcome that can ever score on a try is the try, or the failed try, or the defensive try.

(Actually I think most leagues will also score a blocked kick in those situations.)
So that Berry return 2 pt is worth nothing in the contest?  What a crappy result.  A scoring play that won the game and I get nothing for that?

I need those 2 points bad.  Sitting 2.4 below the projected cut with only Brandon Marshall (-7.7) left. :scared:

Last edited by a moderator:
So that Berry return 2 pt is worth nothing in the contest?  What a crappy result.  A scoring play that won the game and I get nothing for that?

I need those 2 points bad.  Sitting 2.4 below the projected cut with only Brandon Marshall (-7.7) left. :scared:
In any sensible scoring system Berry should get you the 2 points, just like the 2 (not 6) you'd have gotten from a WR who caught a 2-pt conversion.

Out.  8 under the cut.  Killed at TE with Reed out and Witten getting a big fat zero.  Marriotta was on a bye so needed Wilson to come up big and he didn't.  Evans also underperformed.

Downfall of this team was Lamar Miller instead of David Johnson.  The teams with 2 of Zeke/LeVeon/DJ + Antonio will be very tough.  Lot of 'em out there.

Downfall of this team was Lamar Miller instead of David Johnson.  The teams with 2 of Zeke/LeVeon/DJ + Antonio will be very tough.  Lot of 'em out there.
I've got 3 of them.  Should have added Zeke instead of Gronk -- Zeke was my top pick in my main league.  Then my team would really be stacked.  Hopefully Murray will be a reasonable facsimile of Zeke the next 3 weeks...

Sitting at #62 going into MNF.  Should be safely in the playoffs, but missing Gronk will probably prevent me from finishing at the top...

Sitting at 156th going into MNF, 9.2 points above the cut, and don't have anybody playing tonight. Gonna be a close one.

I'm now down exactly 6.  Need at least 20 points out of Marshall and probably 25.

I'm still #1 overall but I think I'm going down this week, already lost Zach Miller and didn't realize I was Titan heavy...

DeMarco Murray - Scored 11 weeks

Derrick Henry

Rishard Matthews -  Scored 5 out of last 6

Delanie Walker - Scored 6 of last 8

Ryan Succop - Scored 4 of last 6

Just don't think I have the horses for a 50% cut.
Yep, I'm pretty much out, sitting at 435 with 130.55 points.

All I have left is:

T.Y. Hilton and Quincy Enunwa - 6.8 and 6.4

Oh yeah, and Nick Folk -6

Final 250. By far the furthest I've ever made it in this in 7+ years. 

What are the chances for a 30 man roster winning this against some of the stacked teams with LeVeon, David Johnson, Zeke, Antonio? Since I don't have any of the above. 

Final 250. By far the furthest I've ever made it in this in 7+ years. 

What are the chances for a 30 man roster winning this against some of the stacked teams with LeVeon, David Johnson, Zeke, Antonio? Since I don't have any of the above. 
zero.... point.... zero

I'm now down exactly 6.  Need at least 20 points out of Marshall and probably 25.
:kicksrock:

Good luck those of you still alive.  It was a good run while it lasted, but I wasn't winning anything with my thin RB's and uninspiring WR's.  :sigh:

Finished in the bottom 50 this week.  It was a good run.  Had no one on bye except Henry and Barnidge and still put up my lowest score of the year.

If I manage to finish among the prize winners in this contest, I think I should share the winnings with Dwayne Allen.  I can just imagine his confusion when I start tweeting him that he and I are co-owners of a lifetime subscription to Footballguys. 

This is my favorite thread in the Shark Pool, and while I don't post often, I enjoy that input that the frequent posters provide.

I'm #3 overall through 12 weeks, but with Gronk gone now, I don't think I have a shot to win it all.  Maybe if Kyle Rudolph comes up huge...  

I hope to at least make the playoffs without Murray/Henry/Gronk...
I'm in the final 250, and with #1 and #2 from last week eliminated, I think I may be the highest-scoring survivor so far...

I hope I can win something with Gronk out and Julio's turf toe...

I'm in the final 250 this year.  Not sure what my user number is but I was 10 in the standings this week despite a sub par game from Mike Evans.  

Looking at Iggy's sheet, I was 10th overall last week.

I'm in the final 250 this year.  Not sure what my user number is but I was 10 in the standings this week despite a sub par game from Mike Evans.  

Pulling for you, good buddy.  I think you have a real shot at some cash this year.

Would have made the final 250 :kicksrock:
Ouch. That sucks. I was feeling bad for myself until I read this. I lost by 5.6 points that week too, and would have made the 250 if not for that bad week too.

I keep thinking about that Zach Ertz touchdown called back on penalty that week :rant:

Ouch. That sucks. I was feeling bad for myself until I read this. I lost by 5.6 points that week too, and would have made the 250 if not for that bad week too.

I keep thinking about that Zach Ertz touchdown called back on penalty that week :rant:
5.9 from Julio did me in. And "only" 17.8 from DJ.

my team finally came back to earth and back to reality. ended up finishing in 397. by far the longest and best i have ever done. good luck to all that remain. already looking forward to next year.

Time for my annual caveat:  I taught myself how to code by building the live scoring site a couple years ago.  As such, the code is an absolute mess.  I cringe every time I look at it but I've never had the time to rebuild it.  Anyway, each year we get to week 14 and I realize I have no idea how the changeover to cumulative finals scoring works.  I know there's something I have to do, and I think I just did it, but if anything looks like it's not working just let me know and I'll get it sorted out.   :)

Happy holidays, and good luck to everyone here who made it - hopefully a thread regular can take down 1st place!

Very proud of my little team's run, but can't lie that I feel salty at getting knocked out on the doorstep of the 250. Definitely one of the best contests out there. And many thanks to Iggy for all he does in here.

I woulda made it to the top 250 if not for the week I missed by under 1 point.  Oh and those 2 other bad weeks.  

Anyway good luck to those in it :)

-QG

Hah - glad my heart was broken last week. QB's were Wilson and Marriota.  Terrible.  Mike Evans, nothin'.  LeVeon owners are all moving on

Sitting at #10 right now with Sterling Shepard and Tom Brady left to contribute. I am starting to think that I might just have a slim chance at this.

Hurt by no Julio, Gronk, or Michael Thomas this week, so have to count Henry's 5.70, but sitting at #19 with Brady-19.2 left.  Bell's 51.80 definitely helped...

Something's off in the Ownership stats -- ownership stats at o.ffense.com show only 4 Brady owners left, but the MNF ownership shows him on 22.7% of the 251 remaining rosters, which would mean 57 Brady owners are left:

Tom Brady

0.1%

Tom Brady

22.7%

Also, the 2016 Querier brings up 2015 queries.  I guess that's due to changes for the playoff scoring...

Hurt by no Julio, Gronk, or Michael Thomas this week, so have to count Henry's 5.70, but sitting at #19 with Brady-19.2 left.  Bell's 51.80 definitely helped...

Something's off in the Ownership stats -- ownership stats at o.ffense.com show only 4 Brady owners left, but the MNF ownership shows him on 22.7% of the 251 remaining rosters, which would mean 57 Brady owners are left:

Tom Brady

0.1%

Tom Brady

22.7%

Also, the 2016 Querier brings up 2015 queries.  I guess that's due to changes for the playoff scoring...
Fixed the ownership issue, the 57 for Brady is correct.  The querier should be running the correct queries, I think I just forgot to update the year on the page but it queries this year's rosters.  Thanks for the heads up.  

Fixed the ownership issue, the 57 for Brady is correct.  The querier should be running the correct queries, I think I just forgot to update the year on the page but it queries this year's rosters.  Thanks for the heads up.  
Great.  Thanks for the quick action.

I'm the only team with Julio, Gronk, and Michael Thomas, and only 4 others have Julio and Thomas.  I hope at least those 2 will be back next week...

Sitting at 33rd with Blount (-5.2) to go.  Good luck!

Sitting at 33rd with Blount (-5.2) to go.  Good luck!
Man I got nothing from QB (Big Ben and Winston) and crappy output from Fitzgerald and Mike Evans.  I think Evans may have taken the rest of the season off.  And zero from Julio Jones.  I'm hoping Blount vultures a couple of TDs.  I don't think he'll have a big game yardage-wise against the Ravens. 

87th after week 1 of playoffs  :no:

Clive Walford's 5.1 counted for my TE. Julio Jones with a 0 doesn't help. 

36th with no Bell on my team.  I suppose I still have s chance but I'm going to need a lot more from DJ and Zeke.

Time for my annual caveat:  I taught myself how to code by building the live scoring site a couple years ago.  As such, the code is an absolute mess.  I cringe every time I look at it but I've never had the time to rebuild it.  Anyway, each year we get to week 14 and I realize I have no idea how the changeover to cumulative finals scoring works.  I know there's something I have to do, and I think I just did it, but if anything looks like it's not working just let me know and I'll get it sorted out.   :)

Happy holidays, and good luck to everyone here who made it - hopefully a thread regular can take down 1st place!
Looks like the "live scoring" page is doubling the scores on the "Leaderboard" list.  For example, the 1st-place team shows 437.00, but the team page for that entry shows 218.50 this week.

ETA and the "Last place" shows 177.40 rather than 88.70

Looks like the "live scoring" page is doubling the scores on the "Leaderboard" list.  For example, the 1st-place team shows 437.00, but the team page for that entry shows 218.50 this week.

ETA and the "Last place" shows 177.40 rather than 88.70
Thanks, I think I just fixed it.  It's basically just a display issue due to overlap between live scoring for the current week, and storing the cumulative scores from the prior playoff weeks (i.e. it already added W14 score to the finals total, but it still thinks W14 is live, too).  The week advances on Thursday morning so if it happens again it should correct itself then.  

Thanks, I think I just fixed it.  It's basically just a display issue due to overlap between live scoring for the current week, and storing the cumulative scores from the prior playoff weeks (i.e. it already added W14 score to the finals total, but it still thinks W14 is live, too).  The week advances on Thursday morning so if it happens again it should correct itself then.  
I'm just following along in "what-if" mode.  Now that I see they were doubled, I would have been middle of the pack rather than DFL had I survived my bad week.

Since this will probably last just a few minutes, I'll post that I'm currently in first place.

Everyone still in the contest can now commence on the crushing of my hopes and dreams now.

Entry 100467Score: 183.90

Pos

Player

Team

Price

FPts

QB

Carson Wentz

PHI

$6

QB

Tom Brady