What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**2017 Preseason Observations Thread** (1 Viewer)

Yup, the OL is giving him some room to run now and he's showing really good burst.

I like how he got tripped but was able to maintain balance here. 

He had another nice run where he broke through an arm tackle that I'm looking for. I believe this is it.

I probably spoke too soon but the OL still scares me.
The offensive line is a work in progress. They actually showed good improvement in this game compared to Buffalo week one I thought. Just not right away.

Cook seems to need to get hit a couple times before he starts playing well it seems. He lost his feet on the third down reception that if he doesn't slip there, he might have had a chance at some YAC. The defense was closing fast though, hard to say. Him slipping gives us no chance to find out. I think he slipped on an earlier play as well. Maybe didn't have the right shoes for the field?

He had 3 solid runs in a row including the 15 yarder above once he got acclimated a bit and the offensive line gave him something to work with.

At least you are objective enough to notice when he does some good things. I doubt Zyphros and Trip can see past how awesome they are to be able to do that.

Andy Dufresne said:
Agreed. He looks like he always has which means you either think he sucks or is serviceable. But the scheme caps his ceiling at around 3500/25 at best. I'd take Dalton and Eli ahead of him because of what Zyphros said - he just doesn't have a lot around him.

Diggs might catch 100 passes though.
He threw for 3900 yards last year and missed week 1.

Helpless 
I just watched all the Lacy touches from the game. He had a very impressive first run, a bad 3rd and short that he did not convert, the other plays I thought he looked ok- not great not bad. 

I was expecting a worse showing with all the negative reactions.

thriftyrocker said:
I think no one is worth a flier. They are all mediocre at best, and there are so many of them no one will get enough touches to make up for that mediocrity.
Sproles

Apparently the NFL network thinks I live in Carolina since this is the 2nd straight time the Carolina game is being blacked out in my area.

For what is normally a good defensive team, the Panthers tackling is terrible today. Maybe they're backups but nobody is wrapping up.

I remember when people were saying Henry couldn't catch the ball. Lolol Those same people are incorrectly saying fournette can't catch the ball now.....lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Mariota may be a great QB1 consolation prize if you let others take Rodgers, Brees, Brady and Luck.

Cowboys go right down the field in opening drive against the Colts. A couple of passes to Dez including a 32 yd TD, couple of passes to Witten and 3 runs from McFadden.

7 plays 95 yds 

Run blocking is allowing McFadden to gash

Eta: Tyron Smith done for evening 

Colts 3 and out.

McFadden running through huge holes...spelled for a couple of plays by Morris. A couple of passes to Beasley. MCFadden fumble recovered by the Colts.

Users who are viewing this thread