What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo. (1 Viewer)

Can’t believe they would shell that out to get Sark. Urban I would get.

When it comes to money for football Texas has zero ####s to give.

I will be curious to see Texas fan reactions after all of the pitchforks for Herman lately when they realize they hired a guy who went 34-29 at Washington and 12-6 at SC. Woof, don’t like it at all and not at the $$$ it cost them. 

the idea of basically holding kids hostage for 4-5 years because of a decision some of them made at 16, 17, 18 years old does seem kind of gross
Agreed

Should be a fun final. Particularly since Clemson isn't in it.

I don't think either Bama or OSU is particularly impressive in the secondary.
🤷🏼‍♂️ Surtain is one of the best corners in the game. The secondary isn't the strength for Alabama, but it's still pretty good. Opposing passing stats are a bit misleading when they usually have a large lead.

I think Herman goes back to a G5 school for a couple years and waits for another prime opportunity. 

He can afford to work for cheap for a couple years.

ESPN noting Texas was after Meyer and Brian Kelly ( 🤣 ) too. Man oh man they can have Kelly if they want him. 

ESPN noting Texas was after Meyer and Brian Kelly ( 🤣 ) too. Man oh man they can have Kelly if they want him. 
Kelly's answer to the reporter after the Bama beatdown where he was basically crying about local media was not so good. I'm guessing this isn't the first time he cried about this.

RedPlagueSports

@RedDirtSport

I know we're all dealing with Florida Gator fans but OU fans we need to stop and recognize something truly important Texas just lost an FCS OL grad transfer recruiting battle to Duke.

Should be a fun final. Particularly since Clemson isn't in it.

I don't think either Bama or OSU is particularly impressive in the secondary.
PFF College@PFF_College

Marcus Williamson in coverage vs Clemson 50 snaps 2 targets 1 catch allowed (15 yards)

-------------------------------------------

PFF College@PFF_College

Patrick Surtain II in coverage vs Notre Dame 52 snaps 2 targets 1 catch allowed (6 yards)

PFF College@PFF_College

Marcus Williamson in coverage vs Clemson 50 snaps 2 targets 1 catch allowed (15 yards)

-------------------------------------------

PFF College@PFF_College

Patrick Surtain II in coverage vs Notre Dame 52 snaps 2 targets 1 catch allowed (6 yards)
They're good players in each. Surtain II looks like a really great NFL prospect, loved watching his dad.

Just seems like relatively weak units on stacked teams going up against very strong passing games that scheme very well. Oz made a good point that playing with leads does tend to distort the stats.

They're good players in each. Surtain II looks like a really great NFL prospect, loved watching his dad.

Just seems like relatively weak units on stacked teams going up against very strong passing games that scheme very well. Oz made a good point that playing with leads does tend to distort the stats.
Well, you have to consider the high level of QB play.  Not sure of the ND QB but Trevor Laurence is likely the top pick of the NFL draft. 

I have to give credit to Fields.  See Chris Fowler's comments.

🎥  Justin Fields delivered a historic performance vs. Clemson - Chris Fowler

The Bama issues are led by the DL...I think the lines on both sides will be the key matchup, as the OSU DL and Bama OL are both strengths.

Joel Klatt⁦‪@joelklatt‬⁩

Sark had a couple of opportunities to become HC over the last 12 months, but Alabama indicated they would go with him post Saban...Texas, however, is to good to pass up...He did a wonderful job at Washington and has grown significantly as a person...If it's him it's a good hire

I don't see how having the best talent and almost an automatic bid in the playoffs each year and being the number 2 guy in Tuscaloosa ... taking the Texas job seems like a step down.  

If "product" includes atmosphere, tailgating, stadiums, pre/post events, absolutely...hands down, no question.
Seahawks, Chiefs, Packers only NFL venues I have seen a game that come close to tailgating I did at a Tennessee / Alabama game Saturday night game a few years ago. I have zero interest in either of those teams but that was one of the craziest, most intense events I have ever been to.

Bama was up like 21 after the 1st quarter, thought people may die that night.

Users who are viewing this thread