What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 FBG Subscriber Contest (1 Viewer)

QB - Matthew Stafford - 14
QB - Ben Roethlisberger - 9
QB - Sam Darnold - 8
RB - Jonathan Taylor - 31
RB - Javonte Williams - 18
RB - James Robinson - 16
RB - Trey Sermon - 15
RB - Gus Edwards - 11
RB - Sony Michel - 5
WR - Robert Woods - 22
WR - Odell Beckham - 13
WR - Corey Davis - 10
WR - Antonio Brown - 10
WR - Michael Pittman - 9
WR - Marquez Callaway - 5
WR - Bryan Edwards - 4
TE - George Kittle - 22
TE - Jonnu Smith - 9
TE - Chris Herndon - 5
PK - Rodrigo Blankenship - 4
PK - Matt Gay - 4
TD - Cleveland Browns - 3
TD - Denver Broncos - 3

Total value: 250

Decided to go with more depth (28 spots) than usual this season (COVID, primarily) and hope some mid-low tier players step up each week outside of my two bigger spends at RB

QB - Ryan Fitzpatrick - 9
QB - Sam Darnold - 8
QB - Justin Fields - 7
RB - Aaron Jones - 30
RB - Najee Harris - 25
RB - James Robinson - 16
RB - Gus Edwards - 11
RB - Sony Michel - 5
WR - Michael Gallup - 13
WR - Laviska Shenault - 13
WR - Darnell Mooney - 11
WR - Antonio Brown - 10
WR - Mecole Hardman - 10
WR - Michael Pittman - 9
WR - Randall Cobb - 6
WR - Jakobi Meyers - 6
TE - Jonnu Smith - 9
TE - Rob Gronkowski - 9
TE - Zach Ertz - 7
TE - Donald Parham - 3
TE - Albert Okwuegbunam - 3
PK - Greg Zuerlein - 4
PK - Matt Gay - 4
PK - Evan McPherson - 2
TD - Chicago Bears - 3
TD - Denver Broncos - 3

Last edited by a moderator:
Willbe interesting to see what the total number of entries was and then try and figure out the first cut line. 

I have a feeling alot of those set and forget early lineups with players that got cut or injured in preseason and the manager didn't circle back around. 

Im thinking we got about 11K or so entries....

I never make it very far in this contest, but maybe this is the year.....

QB - Aaron Rodgers - 17
QB - Justin Fields - 7
QB - Teddy Bridgewater - 5
Rodgers and Fields were in there from the start. Rodgers should beast giving the middle finger to the Packers and Fields could have some boom days when he starts very soon. Figured Teddy at 5 was cheap enough for a 3rd QB. Considered Watson instead as a what the heck dart throw.

RB - Antonio Gibson - 26
RB - Najee Harris - 25
RB - Gus Edwards - 11
RB - Sony Michel - 5
RB - Rhamondre Stevenson - 3
RB - Wayne Gallman - 3
Gus Edwards was the only guy I had from the first submission when it went live. When Dobbins hit IR, I figured he'll end up being the most owned player. Went with projected workhorses in Gibson and Harris and figured Michel, Gallman, and Stevenson were worth the cheap adds.

WR - Justin Jefferson - 25
WR - Cooper Kupp - 20
WR - Diontae Johnson - 18
WR - Deebo Samuel - 13
WR - Antonio Brown - 10
WR - Bryan Edwards - 4
I had Adams in here for a while, but was worried about too many points missing when GB had their BYE. I think this should be a solid WR group. I had Gabriel Davis in here for a while as well.

TE - Kyle Pitts - 17
TE - Austin Hooper - 8
TE - Zach Ertz - 7
Kyle Pitts has been in there from the start. Hoping he'll put up some big points. A much cheaper option than Kelce and Waller. Had Tonyan in here for a while but decided to go with Hooper instead and use the 5 elsewhere

PK - Younghoe Koo - 4
PK - Daniel Carlson - 3
PK - Dustin Hopkins - 3

TD - Washington Football Team - 5
TD - Los Angeles Chargers - 4
TD - New York Jets - 2

And, just because I make the same request every year, here it is:

PLEASE, don't just cut and paste your roster here. A long list of names does nothing but make my eyes spin.  Break it up and give us some analysis--why did you pick who you did, why do you like/dislike your roster, etc. Makes it much more readable, much more comprehensible, and wayyyyyyyy more interesting (and maybe some of us will actually learn something we can use next year).

TIA

Willbe interesting to see what the total number of entries was and then try and figure out the first cut line. 

I have a feeling alot of those set and forget early lineups with players that got cut or injured in preseason and the manager didn't circle back around. 

Im thinking we got about 11K or so entries....
Looks like only  9767 entries ( https://footballguys.com/contests/subscribers/2021/week/1 ), so 2441 cut Week 1

QB - Patrick Mahomes - 27
QB - Teddy Bridgewater - 5
RB - Christian McCaffrey - 39
RB - James Robinson - 16
RB - Gus Edwards - 11
RB - Sony Michel - 5
WR - Tyreek Hill - 32
WR - Jerry Jeudy - 16
WR - Corey Davis - 10
WR - Mecole Hardman - 10
WR - Jakobi Meyers - 6
TE - Darren Waller - 27
TE - Jonnu Smith - 9
TE - Gerald Everett - 7
PK - Jason Myers - 4
PK - Nick Folk - 3
PK - Brandon McManus - 3
TD - Philadelphia Eagles - 2
TD - New York Jets - 2
TD - Green Bay Packers - 2

I wanted to grab my top player at each position (sans K or D) with the stack of Mahomes (who I think would be low owned) Hill and Hardman.  Edwards, Callaway, Robinson and Michel will be highly owned but I felt like I couldn't pass them up.
At one point my team looked a lot like this. Will post my final here shortly.

Considered this as well and had it in my lineup for a bit. Didn't like what I saw in the last preseason game. If they contnue to run a system where they interchange QBs could hold both of them down. And if Brady misses week 6 you take a zero.
I wasn’t concerned about the last game but I get it. 
i figure with only the 49er backs and Calloway out, I’ll take the risk of Brady missing week 6. He doesn’t miss many games. 

PLEASE, don't just cut and paste your roster here. A long list of names does nothing but make my eyes spin.  Break it up and give us some analysis--why did you pick who you did, why do you like/dislike your roster, etc. Makes it much more readable, much more comprehensible, and wayyyyyyyy more interesting (and maybe some of us will actually learn something we can use next year).

TIA
Fair point.

However, we are all just trying to compose the best team we can under the cap.

Personally, for me, I wanted some late bye weeks. Can't win it if you don't make it to the end. 

TIA
Sorry bruh, I have an infant keeping me up all hours.  I don't have time for a novel.

Looks like it. Only about 60 teams get cut in Week 14, and only 100 or so for each of  a few weeks leading up to that.  Hmmmm, should have done that math last week--looks like late byes are the way to go.

Yeah, relatively speaking, with the flat 25% cut rate it will be harder to survive the earlier weeks but easier to survive the later weeks compared to prior years. 

Pretty much my same boring team with too many highly owned players. But I generally make it to the playoffs or pretty far into the season.  Just never have enough time or energy to do much more than this half effort.  I'm just here to barely make cuts and kick better quality teams along the way. So you can always blame me for any untimely demise.  

Bye weeks pretty well spread out by position and values.  Money proportioned between positions. So you know it's a loser

QB -  8  Lamar Jackson - 23
QB -  9  Matthew Stafford - 14
QB -  6  Zach Wilson - 8

RB -  9  Antonio Gibson - 26
RB - 10 David Montgomery - 22
RB -  7  James Robinson - 16
RB -  8  Gus Edwards - 11
RB -  14  Rhamondre Stevenson - 3

WR -  10  Allen Robinson - 23
WR -  11  Cooper Kupp - 20
WR -  6   Corey Davis - 10
WR -  9   Antonio Brown - 10
WR - 12  Mecole Hardman - 10
WR -  6   Marquez Callaway - 5
WR -  7   Bryan Edwards - 4

TE -   8  Mark Andrews - 16
TE -   9  Rob Gronkowski - 9
TE -   7  Dalton Schultz - 4

PK -  7  Greg Zuerlein - 4
PK - 11 Brandon McManus - 3
PK - 10 Evan McPherson - 2

TD -  11  Denver Broncos - 3
TD -  14  Philadelphia Eagles - 2
TD -  13  Green Bay Packers - 2

QB - Trevor Lawrence - 12
QB - Tua Tagovailoa - 11
QB - Zach Wilson - 8

RB - Clyde Edwards-Helaire - 24
RB - David Montgomery - 22
RB - James Robinson - 16
RB - Trey Sermon - 15
RB - Gus Edwards - 11
RB - Sony Michel - 5

WR - Tee Higgins - 18
WR - Adam Thielen - 18
WR - Jerry Jeudy - 16
WR - Michael Pittman - 9
WR - Bryan Edwards - 4
WR - Marquez Valdes-Scantling - 3

TE - Kyle Pitts - 17
TE - Mike Gesicki - 12
TE - Gerald Everett - 7

PK - Daniel Carlson - 3
PK - Brandon McManus - 3
PK - Evan McPherson - 2

TD - Dallas Cowboys - 2
TD - Las Vegas Raiders - 2

Many changes were made particularly at QB, but here is my final team for the contest. I ended up with 25 players including 3 minimum at each position. I have only 1 instance of bye week position overlap in week 6 with 2 low cost WRs. Otherwise, I have 4 players on bye week 6 and 7 and fewer every other week.

• QB - 3 for $25
  • QB - Ben Roethlisberger - PIT/7 - $9
  • QB - Ryan Fitzpatrick - WAS/9 - $9
  • QB - Justin Fields - CHI/10 - $7
I had versions with Mahomes, Bridgewater, Stafford and about 5 other trials, but I ultimately settled on this trio of low cost with upside production in order to make me team stronger at RB/WR/TE. Not going with a high end QB felt most safe of all positions, but it could come back to bite me.

• RB - 6 for $83
  • RB - Clyde Edwards-Helaire - KC/12 - $24
  • RB - Javonte Williams - DEN/11 - $18
  • RB - James Robinson - JAX/7 - $16
  • RB - Ronald Jones - TB/9 - $11
  • RB - Gus Edwards - BAL/8 - $11
  • RB - Mark Ingram - HOU/10 - $3
I went through a couple iterations here, but CEH and Javonte were mainstays as I feel like they should have big weeks and maybe not be super high % rostered. I’m sure Robinson and Gus will be very highly rostered, but that’s okay. I like Ronald Jones as a low cost contrarian play of the TB RBs and think he has big upside. Ingram is slated to get the most touches of a $3 player.

• WR - 6 for $67
  • WR - Justin Jefferson - MIN/7 - $25
  • WR - Jerry Jeudy - DEN/11 - $16
  • WR - Elijah Moore - NYJ/6 - $9
  • WR - Michael Pittman - IND/14 - $9
  • WR - Marquez Callaway - NO/6 - $5
  • WR - Marquez Valdes-Scantling - GB/13 - $3
Had Diontae Johnson and Brandin Cooks in here for weeks, but switched to Jefferson in order to get a high end WR for more consistency week to week hopefully with a variety of upside plays. Counting on the 2nd year guys to make a jump and Elijah to be really good. I'm sure just about everyone has Callaway. Surprised at how many of you also have MVS, but hopefully he’s not as rostered outside the shark pool.

• TE - 4 for $54
  • TE - Darren Waller - LV/8 - $27
  • TE - Logan Thomas - WAS/9 - $15
  • TE - Jonnu Smith - NE/14 - $9
  • TE - Albert Okwuegbunam - DEN/11 - $3
Last year went cheap at TE and didn’t fare so well. I should get some weeks of more than 1 TE in my lineup with the Waller/Logan/Jonnu trio. Jonnu is my ride or die player this season. Albert O is a cheap Fant insurance policy as he is already questionable week 1 and missed games last year.

• PK - 3 for $11
  • PK - Younghoe Koo - ATL/6 - $4
  • PK - Jason Sanders - MIA/14 - $4
  • PK - Josh Lambo - JAX/7 - $3
3 currently healthy kickers on good offenses in warm weather.

• TD - 3 for $10
  • TD - San Francisco 49ers - SF/6 - $4
  • TD - New York Giants - NYG/10 - $3
  • TD - Cleveland Browns - CLE/13 - $3
I had SF and Cleveland in for weeks, but added the NYG d yesterday to just help smooth out any rough weeks.

@fightingillini made the point I kept telling myself too on an expensive QB - not worth Stafford backing him up. I agree, but I also LOVE Stafford this year. So in changing my QB obviously I had to swap around all the other positions.

I ended up with the same RB/WR room still. Have seen some comments on SF RBs - I think there will be multiple weeks where both post great weeks, especially down the stretch if I get that far. So I'm loving it.

QB - Russell Wilson - SEA/9 - $17
QB - Matthew Stafford - LAR/11 - $14
QB - Trey Lance - SF/6 - $7
RB - Clyde Edwards-Helaire - KC/12 - $24
RB - James Robinson - JAX/7 - $16
RB - Trey Sermon - SF/6 - $15
RB - Raheem Mostert - SF/6 - $14
RB - Sony Michel - LAR/11 - $5
RB - Rhamondre Stevenson - NE/14 - $3
WR - Terry McLaurin - WAS/9 - $23
WR - Cooper Kupp - LAR/11 - $20
WR - Jerry Jeudy - DEN/11 - $16
WR - Corey Davis - NYJ/6 - $10
WR - Bryan Edwards - LV/8 - $4
WR - Marquez Valdes-Scantling - GB/13 - $3
TE - Mark Andrews - BAL/8 - $16
TE - Logan Thomas - WAS/9 - $15
TE - Tyler Conklin - MIN/7 - $5
PK - Jason Sanders - MIA/14 - $4
PK - Brandon McManus - DEN/11 - $3
PK - Dustin Hopkins - WAS/9 - $3
TD - Buffalo Bills - BUF/7 - $4
TD - Chicago Bears - CHI/10 - $3
TD - Cleveland Browns - CLE/13 - $3
TD - Denver Broncos - DEN/11 - $3
I didn't know that I had such influence!   :headbang:

$38 on QBs is OK......I always try to spend the least amount of $$$$ at QB and get good solid QB production.  Wilson and Stafford should be solid.  I hear you on SF RBs, but my concern is that they split the load too much and you're not getting enough value for the $29 investment.  You're hoping for Shannahan goes with the hot hand in many weeks.  Good luck

Did the site update nuke the contest querier? 😕

-QG
I was thinking the same thing, would have been nice to check uniqueness and also to see who the potential bottom feeders might be week 1 (players who got cut/injured still in lineups).

Does anyone else have the irresistible urge to delete their entire entry & start again, madly scrambling to get an entry in before the lock? 

Just me? 
:unsure:
You post your entry yet? wondering if I missed it. Or are you waiting on the premium mulligan roster refresh at Noon today? 

OK, here's what I landed on. Still don't love it. This is my rooster. There are many roosters like it, but this one is mine. 

QB - Zach Wilson - 8
RB - Nick Chubb - 26
RB - Najee Harris - 25
RB - Darrell Henderson - 19
RB - James Robinson - 16
WR - Robert Woods - 22
WR - D.J. Moore - 20
WR - Michael Gallup - 13
WR - Darnell Mooney - 11
WR - Gabriel Davis - 7
WR - Randall Cobb - 6
TE - Kyle Pitts - 17
TE - Jonnu Smith - 9
TE - Gerald Everett - 7
PK - Daniel Carlson - 3
PK - Dustin Hopkins - 3
TD - Cincinnati Bengals - 2

I don't remember ever selecting Gabriel Davis. Ah well. :sadbanana:

OK, here's what I landed on. Still don't love it. This is my rooster. There are many roosters like it, but this one is mine. 

QB - Zach Wilson - 8
RB - Nick Chubb - 26
RB - Najee Harris - 25
RB - Darrell Henderson - 19
RB - James Robinson - 16
WR - Robert Woods - 22
WR - D.J. Moore - 20
WR - Michael Gallup - 13
WR - Darnell Mooney - 11
WR - Gabriel Davis - 7
WR - Randall Cobb - 6
TE - Kyle Pitts - 17
TE - Jonnu Smith - 9
TE - Gerald Everett - 7
PK - Daniel Carlson - 3
PK - Dustin Hopkins - 3
TD - Cincinnati Bengals - 2

I don't remember ever selecting Gabriel Davis. Ah well. :sadbanana:
We have a few in common, but then again, there might be several like it! 

We have a few in common, but then again, there might be several like it! 
I thought I'd swapped out Hopkins in my last iteration, but I guess it didn't take. As of now he's probably my shakiest player as he was kind of inconsistent during the preseason. 

If I get knocked out because of a kicker, I swear to god.... :rant:

What are the most common players everyone thinks will be rostered? Just looking in here I keep seeing:

Big Ben

J.Robinson

G.Edwards

S.Michel

R.Stevenson

M.Pittman

M.Calloway

STINKIN REF:

QB - Tom Brady - 17
QB - Justin Herbert - 16

Brady was a lock, his weapons are off the chain and dude is going to keep pumping up his GOAT stats and I think Arians will let him and love every minute of it.  Lots of cheap TD's in red zone when you would think they normally would run. Remember when Favre made a living off of 1 yard TD passes to like Bubba Franks or some crap.  Multiply that.  LAC coach said they were going to have the best ####### passing game in the league.  I drank the kool aid. 

RB - Najee Harris - 25
RB - Mike Davis - 19
RB - James Robinson - 16
RB - Gus Edwards - 11

RB's only get .50 PPR here, so I went light and wanted more darts at TE since a little above "average" day by a TE might be better then a good day by a RB.  My thoughts are this is not the spot my (2) flex spots will score from.  Just get me two scores that keep me from being lapped by the field. My last three will be on most teams, so not a lot to say about them.  My top two should be in line for the majority of touches run/rec and look to be three down backs with little competition. Had Gio in for the longest time but at only .50 PPR I ended up pulling for more bullets at TE/WR.

WR - Jerry Jeudy - 16
WR - Corey Davis - 10
WR - Antonio Brown - 10
WR - Mecole Hardman - 10
WR - Gabriel Davis - 7
WR - Bryan Edwards - 4
WR - Demarcus Robinson - 3
WR - DeSean Jackson - 3

Quantity over quality. Live in CO, the Jeudy breakout hype is real. Shenault gets rushing as well as receiving chances to house it. Davis has improved into a pretty good, physical WR, I am actually surprised, but nice to see guys put in the work and get better.  This may be the first piece of him I have ever owned, was always down on him.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Brown go off. When doing this contest, I always start at the bottom of each position and work my way up, check marking guys I like as I go.  And then I make my way through the weeds of the 40 plus names I checked. My mindset here was snag guys that could potentially post a score for you maybe on just one play.  The ol' Earl Weaver 3-run homer mentality. Lot of my guys fit that bill.  Callaway will be on every team, but was a must add, MVS is maybe the GB WR2 at $3.  With (11) bullets should be able to get two scores here and some flex potential. 

TE - Kyle Pitts - 17
TE - Zach Ertz - 7
TE - Gerald Everett - 7
TE - C.J. Uzomah - 7
TE - Dan Arnold - 4
TE - Albert Okwuegbunam - 3

At 1.5 PPR the plan was to maybe have some flex options here. It's not a sexy group after Pitts, but I like what I have been hearing about the QB/TE relationship in all of these.  Albert O may end up being the DEN TE to have. 

PK - Daniel Carlson - 3
PK - Brandon McManus - 3
PK - Evan McPherson - 2

Three with different byes.

TD - Denver Broncos - 3

DST get zero love in this contest.  It's only about sacks/turnovers and house calls.  House calls are too hard to predict, so I took the cheapest DST's I felt had the best chance at sacks and turnovers with good rushers and secondary's. 

:banned:

Hey Folks,

Two important notes:

1. Last year, we had a tool that allowed users to change their entry from being named "Entry #103495" to "pistol pete" or whatever.  That's not working yet, but it's possible it may be able to be working by October. 

2. Last year, we had a tool called the "contest querier" that allowed people to look up and see how many contest entries had a certain combination of players.  That's not working yet, but it's possible it may be able to be working by October. 

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Tweaked till the end.  If the deadline were today at 5, who know what this thing would  look like. Saw one other Gallman and DeSean sighting which was cool. 

3QB Brady, Fields & Lance.  Oddly comfortable with this group at a great price

7RB Chubb, Montgomery, Robinson, Edwards, Michel, Stevenson & Gallman. Hell, Chubb with that line and 2nd easiest SOS tells me that boy is gonna EAT! Quite high on Gallman as a football player and the opportunity will present sooner than later IMO

6.5WR Jefferson, Julio, Corey Davis, AB, Hardman, Calloway & Mr Fragile himself DeSean Jackson.  Sought out players who I expect to put out big scores any given week.  Ridley is the player I hated to drop due to bye conflicts.  Julio is fantastic value a bit under the radar I guess. DeSean is my Achilles Heel. I can’t not roster this guy. Maybe he will save me from elimination as a one-time before he gets injured 

1 TE Kelce, plus 2 Dart throws Akins & Arnold. Clearly counting on Kelce to stay healthy all season 

Good Luck fellow Fantasy HandEgg players!!! 

I started when it link was first released and then came back yesterday to revise based on injuries/emerging value plays. I ended up going with some studs that still provides some $ to pick up the value plays. I do watch the BYE weeks and try to spread them out and try not to have a QB1, RB1 or WR1 share BYE weeks.  Many of the mid-tier RB/WR's didn't seem to be quality picks. You can't just go with the value plays as the deeper you get into this you still need to get the points. Always a highlight of the season.

Brady seemed a lock in this contest with his performance and the receivers/TE he has.  Herbert another steady top performer. Zach is definitely a value play. I have a hard time just going with two QB.

QB - Tom Brady - 17
QB - Justin Herbert - 16
QB - Zach Wilson - 8

Henry looked like a consistent stud and it looks like a good year for Robinson.  Robinson and Stevenson was typical value play that developed that many others selected. I  might be a little thin at RB but hoping to get lucky with injuries/covid and they survive the season.

RB - Derrick Henry - 32
RB - David Montgomery - 22
RB - James Robinson - 16

Again, going for some studs with Ridley and Lamb. With Hilton injury, there should be more targets for Pittman, albeit the Colts.  Callaway and Edwards value that seemed to develop during the pre-season.
WR - Calvin Ridley - 27
WR - CeeDee Lamb - 23
WR - Michael Pittman - 9
WR - Bryan Edwards - 4

With added premium for receptions at usually good for some of the better TE's and look at them as also potentially filling WR weakness from a flex perspective. Hoping Pitts and Tonyan have great seasons, and assume Andrews will do well.
TE - Kyle Pitts - 17
TE - Mark Andrews - 16
TE - Robert Tonyan - 13

Kickers tend to provide some good points in several weeks so I tend to go with mid to higher projections although they can cluster quite a bit.

PK - Ryan Succop - 5
PK - Younghoe Koo - 4
PK - Daniel Carlson - 3
PK - Josh Lambo - 3

For defense...its mostly about sacks/int's and filling in around BYE weeks.
TD - Los Angeles Chargers - 4

My rooster. Probably too much Week 7, as I feel like I need Lance and Sermon to have secure jobs by then... Intended to add a third QB as protection, but forgot to do so before it locked. Hopefully it was meant to be.

QB - Justin Herbert - LAC/7 - $16
QB - Trey Lance - SF/6 - $7
RB - Najee Harris - PIT/7 - $25
RB - James Robinson - JAX/7 - $16
RB - Trey Sermon - SF/6 - $15
RB - Gus Edwards - BAL/8 - $11
RB - Rhamondre Stevenson - NE/14 - $3
RB - Wayne Gallman - ATL/6 - $3
WR - A.J. Brown - TEN/13 - $27
WR - CeeDee Lamb - DAL/7 - $23
WR - Brandon Aiyuk - SF/6 - $17
WR - Laviska Shenault - JAX/7 - $13
WR - Antonio Brown - TB/9 - $10
WR - Mecole Hardman - KC/12 - $10
WR - Marquez Callaway - NO/6 - $5
WR - Bryan Edwards - LV/8 - $4
TE - Mark Andrews - BAL/8 - $16
TE - Hunter Henry - NE/14 - $9
TE - Chris Herndon - MIN/7 - $5
PK - Tyler Bass - BUF/7 - $5
PK - Cody Parkey - CLE/13 - $3
TD - Buffalo Bills - BUF/7 - $4
TD - Chicago Bears - CHI/10 - $3

I'll come back Week 7 and let you know if I made it.

First time going with a roster this small(22).

QB - Ben Roethlisberger - 9 week 7 bye

These three are cheap but one (or more) will put up top 5 numbers

each week.

RB - Ezekiel Elliott - 27 week 7 bye
RB - Nick Chubb - 26
RB - James Robinson - 16 week 7 bye
RB - Damien Harris - 16
RB - Gus Edwards - 11

Bye week -7 is a weakness and I went with the obvious bargain guys.

Eliot and Chubb are too good for that price.

WR - Justin Jefferson - 25 week 7 bye
WR - Terry McLaurin - 23
WR - Laviska Shenault - 13 week 7 bye
WR - Corey Davis - 10

Jefferson is underpriced, and Shenault is a player that will finish top 24.

Again, the whole group is bargain with week 7 bye issues.

TE - Mark Andrews - 16
TE - Mike Gesicki - 12

First time going with only 2 but both are top 6 candidates.

Gesicki is Miami's top option and his number went up when Tua started.

PK - Daniel Carlson - 3
PK - Brandon McManus - 3
PK - Dustin Hopkins - 3

No one cares about K's

TD - Dallas Cowboys - 2
TD - Tennessee Titans - 2

No one cares about D's, but Cowboys and Titans are a lot closer to 

mid pack or higher.

I KNOW I have too much tied up into week 9 but I tried every which away to walk away from Brady and just could not find a suitable replacement without going week 10 ( which would have completely blew up my roster.  I wasnt willing to walk away from Gibson nor Brown either because I think they both have huge value.  SOOOOO  Im hoping for A to Brady have a huge year and stay heathy and B Pitts to be the phenom everybody says he is  (yeah I know about year 1 Tes)  and C make it to week 9 so my huge gamble even has a chance to  matter. 

QB - 

Tom Brady - TB/9 - $17
Matthew Stafford - LAR/11 - $14
Trey Lance - SF/6 - $7

RB - 

Antonio Gibson - WAS/9 - $26
James Robinson - JAX/7 - $16
Trey Sermon - SF/6 - $15
Gus Edwards - BAL/8 - $11
Sony Michel - LAR/11 - $5
Mark Ingram - HOU/10 - $3

WR - 
Davante Adams - GB/13 - $32
CeeDee Lamb - DAL/7 - $23
Antonio Brown - TB/9 - $10
Jakobi Meyers - NE/14 - $6
Marquez Callaway - NO/6 - $5
Bryan Edwards - LV/8 - $4 

TE - 

T.J. Hockenson - DET/9 - $19
Kyle Pitts - ATL/6 - $17
Kris Herndon MIN/7 - $5

PK - 

Greg Zuerlein - DAL/7 - $4
Brandon McManus - DEN/11 - $3
Evan McPherson- CIN/10 - $2

TD -
 Cincinnati Bengals - CIN/10 - 2
Green Bay Packers - GB/13 - $2
Dallas Cowboys - DAL/7 - $2

I like this team. Really well balanced across the board. 

Big rooster for me.  Here's the breakdown and rationale:

QB - Jameis Winston - 10
QB - Jared Goff - 8

Went $30 on three QBs.  New strategy this year was to stack the QB with a top WR/RB/TE.  Looking at Lawrence/Goff, I think they will be airing it a lot.  That should help with some points.  In addition, I liked the fantasy schedule for JAX and NO that I believe will help put up points.  I really liked Winston's price and wanted to have him paired with Kamara.

RB - Alvin Kamara - 35
RB - James Robinson - 16
RB - Gus Edwards - 11
RB - Tony Pollard - 11
RB - Sony Michel - 5
RB - Chuba Hubbard - 5

For RBs, I was all in on Kamara this year.  Had to be on my roster.  With the injury to Etienne and Dobbins, then Robinson and Edwards became great values as RB1s.  After that, I was looking for RBs that could become RB1s if an injury occured.  I believe all of the remaining four guys have that potential.  Also liked the Winston/Kamara connection.

WR - Keenan Allen - 24
WR - Michael Thomas - 13
WR - Corey Davis - 10
WR - Antonio Brown - 10
WR - Amon-Ra St. Brown - 5
WR - Kadarius Toney - 3

From a WR side, I wanted to have Shenault and Thomas on each iteration.  I am high on Shenault this year and I think he will be one of the leading receivers.  So again, strategy was pairing QB with WR... so I have Winston/Callaway/Thomas, Goff/St. Brown and Lawrence/Shenault.  Then I liked Keenan Allen for a high floor and Davis/Brown for high ceilings.  Toney is a wild card with high ceiling in my opinion.

TE - T.J. Hockenson - 19
TE - Blake Jarwin - 9
TE - Dan Arnold - 4
TE - Jack Doyle - 4

At TE, keeping the strategy from earlier, I wanted a Top-5 TE connected with the QB, so went with Goff/Hockenson.  Jarwin was on a top 10 finish before his injury and I like him to be back in the fold.  I'm also a big fan on Dan Arnold being a huge sleeper this year in Carolina.  I think Darnold will leverage him heavily.  For Jack Doyle, Wentz loves TEs.  I am hoping I picked the right one.

PK - Josh Lambo - 3
PK - Dustin Hopkins - 3
PK - Evan McPherson - 2

Wanted 3 and I think McPherson's value was great.

TD - Denver Broncos - 3
TD - Jacksonville Jaguars - 2

Wanted 3 and I thought these will do.

I wanted Justin Herbert, McCaffrey, Kamara, Jefferson as my core to start. I upgraded to Metcalf in the last iteration, with no more than 3 players on bye any given week. The final 21 man roster is go big or go home.

QB - Justin Herbert - 16
QB - Mac Jones - 9

RB - Christian McCaffrey - 39
RB - Alvin Kamara - 35
RB - Gus Edwards - 11

WR - DK Metcalf - 28
WR - Justin Jefferson - 25
WR - Terrace Marshall - 8
WR - Jakobi Meyers - 6
WR - DeSean Jackson - 3

TE - Kyle Pitts - 17
TE - Tyler Higbee - 14
TE - Rob Gronkowski - 9

PK - Ryan Succop - 5
PK - Brandon McManus - 3
PK - Evan McPherson - 2

TD - Pittsburgh Steelers - 7
TD - Las Vegas Raiders - 2

QB - Russell Wilson - 17
QB - Aaron Rodgers - 17
QB - Justin Herbert - 16
RB - Mike Davis - 19
RB - James Robinson - 16
RB - Damien Harris - 16
RB - Raheem Mostert - 14
RB - Gus Edwards - 11
RB - Mark Ingram - 3
WR - Adam Thielen - 18
WR - Corey Davis - 10
WR - Michael Pittman - 9
WR - Jakobi Meyers - 6
WR - Nico Collins - 4
TE - Mark Andrews - 16
TE - Logan Thomas - 15
TE - Tyler Higbee - 14
PK - Younghoe Koo - 4
PK - Greg Zuerlein - 4
PK - Brandon McManus - 3
TD - Arizona Cardinals - 3

QB - Jameis Winston - 10
QB - Jared Goff - 8

Went $30 on three QBs.  New strategy this year was to stack the QB with a top WR/RB/TE.  Looking at Lawrence/Goff, I think they will be airing it a lot.  That should help with some points.  In addition, I liked the fantasy schedule for JAX and NO that I believe will help put up points.  I really liked Winston's price and wanted to have him paired with Kamara.

RB - Alvin Kamara - 35
RB - James Robinson - 16
RB - Gus Edwards - 11
RB - Tony Pollard - 11
RB - Sony Michel - 5
RB - Chuba Hubbard - 5

For RBs, I was all in on Kamara this year.  Had to be on my roster.  With the injury to Etienne and Dobbins, then Robinson and Edwards became great values as RB1s.  After that, I was looking for RBs that could become RB1s if an injury occured.  I believe all of the remaining four guys have that potential.  Also liked the Winston/Kamara connection.

WR - Keenan Allen - 24
WR - Michael Thomas - 13
WR - Corey Davis - 10
WR - Antonio Brown - 10
WR - Kadarius Toney - 3

From a WR side, I wanted to have Shenault and Thomas on each iteration.  I am high on Shenault this year and I think he will be one of the leading receivers.  So again, strategy was pairing QB with WR... so I have Winston/Callaway/Thomas, Goff/St. Brown and Lawrence/Shenault.  Then I liked Keenan Allen for a high floor and Davis/Brown for high ceilings.  Toney is a wild card with high ceiling in my opinion.

TE - T.J. Hockenson - 19
TE - Blake Jarwin - 9
TE - Dan Arnold - 4
TE - Jack Doyle - 4

At TE, keeping the strategy from earlier, I wanted a Top-5 TE connected with the QB, so went with Goff/Hockenson.  Jarwin was on a top 10 finish before his injury and I like him to be back in the fold.  I'm also a big fan on Dan Arnold being a huge sleeper this year in Carolina.  I think Darnold will leverage him heavily.  For Jack Doyle, Wentz loves TEs.  I am hoping I picked the right one.

PK - Josh Lambo - 3
PK - Dustin Hopkins - 3
PK - Evan McPherson - 2

TD - Denver Broncos - 3

Like the Dan Arnold, Michael Thomas and a few other contrarian value plays. 

QB - Jameis Winston - 10
QB - Jared Goff - 8

RB - Alvin Kamara - 35
RB - James Robinson - 16
RB - Gus Edwards - 11
RB - Tony Pollard - 11
RB - Sony Michel - 5
RB - Chuba Hubbard - 5

WR - Keenan Allen - 24
WR - Michael Thomas - 13
WR - Corey Davis - 10
WR - Antonio Brown - 10
WR - Kadarius Toney - 3

TE - T.J. Hockenson - 19
TE - Blake Jarwin - 9
TE - Dan Arnold - 4
TE - Jack Doyle - 4

PK - Josh Lambo - 3
PK - Dustin Hopkins - 3
PK - Evan McPherson - 2

TD - Denver Broncos - 3

I am all-in on Kamara too this season. I like this team if your WR group can step up and make it through. 

Max size roster, paid up for a few high-end players, got a lot of cheap guys, bought in to most of the obvious deals. I wanted to go even bigger (maybe split Deebo up into 4 more cheap options) but had to limit myself to 30.

QB: 3 for $19
26.7% - Justin Fields - CHI/10 - $7
17.2% - Trey Lance - SF/6 - $7
9.3% - Teddy Bridgewater - DEN/11 - $5

Got a great combo of cheap & late-season upside, but am really rolling the dice with 0 of the 3 having a safe hold on the starting job & only Bridgewater as a week 1 starter. I knew I'd get at least 1 of Fields+Lance as soon as I looked at the pricing; we'll see how it works building my QB unit around the both of them. Could sink me, could come through big while letting me spend $ elsewhere. Could've paid a few bucks more to upgrade to someone safer than Bridgewater (but unclear if they'd be an upgrade in weekly production), could've gone for one of the $17ish guys instead of Teddy (I like them but that's a big boost in salary - might've just gone with 2 in that case, e.g. Brady + Fields), could've added Tyrod for additional insurance (but that uses another roster spot, and paying for insurance is generally not the way to win a huge contest).

RB: 5 for $70
5.5% - Alvin Kamara - NO/6 - $35
44.8% - James Robinson - JAX/7 - $16
64.9% - Gus Edwards - BAL/8 - $11
35.0% - Sony Michel - LAR/11 - $5
26.3% - Rhamondre Stevenson - NE/14 - $3

RB is the priciest position, so I wanted to aim to flex elsewhere while having just enough firepower here. Got 4 obvious guys, and paid up for Kamara. Picking a top RB this year was tricky because they basically all have a tough wk15-17 schedule - could've gone with Barkley ($7 cheaper with similar upside) or Najee (one of the best backs with a soft playoff schedule). Strongly considered Ingram for $3, and would've taken Hyde for $4 if I didn't have another Jacksonville RB.

WR: 12 for $81
3.8% - Michael Thomas - NO/6 - $13
3.3% - Deebo Samuel - SF/6 - $13
17.7% - Corey Davis - NYJ/6 - $10
27.5% - Antonio Brown - TB/9 - $10
4.4% - Nelson Agholor - NE/14 - $6
23.2% - Jakobi Meyers - NE/14 - $6
47.5% - Marquez Callaway - NO/6 - $5
2.8% - Nico Collins - HOU/10 - $4
24.6% - Bryan Edwards - LV/8 - $4
3.8% - Jamison Crowder - NYJ/6 - $4
2.0% - Kadarius Toney - NYG/10 - $3
24.4% - Marquez Valdes-Scantling - GB/13 - $3

A whole bunch of good values at WR this year, and I wanted to collect as many as I could fit. There were others who I couldn't quite find room for, like Demarcus Robinson ($3) & Amon-Ra St. Brown ($5). Overpaid a bit for Deebo (relative to, say, Michael Pittman) since he gives me a stack and I expect him to be on fewer rosters. Should get plenty of flexable weeks from this oversized WR room, and despite the lack of high-priced WRs I think this group has the potential to put up some big games and not just provide a high floor (fingers crossed on the return of Michael Thomas).

TE: 3 for $64
18.3% - Travis Kelce - KC/12 - $30
9.9% - Darren Waller - LV/8 - $27
18.8% - Gerald Everett - SEA/9 - $7

Kelce has the highest FBG projection among all non-QBs but the 9th highest price. Waller is not far behind. So this is where I paid up for players who can score lots of points. Almost took Kmet ($7), but I sacrificed him to get Deebo (and couldn't quite bring myself to part with Everett instead). TE was thin on cheap options - I considered Arnold ($4) & Parham ($3) but didn't like them quite as much as the WRs.

PK: 3 for $8
13.1% PK - Daniel Carlson - LV/8 - $3
5.3% PK - Tristan Vizcaino - LAC/7 - $3
11.0% PK - Evan McPherson - CIN/10 - $2

Would've liked to get 4, but with rooster space at a premium and a lack of $2 kickers I settled for 3.

TD: 4 for $8
9.2% TD - Philadelphia Eagles - PHI/14 - $2
2.1% TD - Jacksonville Jaguars - JAX/7 - $2
7.0% TD - Dallas Cowboys - DAL/7 - $2
7.2% TD - Tennessee Titans - TEN/13 - $2

I love collecting $2 players, especially when their weekly ceiling is about as high as anyone else at their position, but restrained myself to only using 4 roster slots here. Liked these 4 mainly because of the QBs they face wk15-17: HOU, NYJ, NYG (2x), MIA, WAS (3x), SF, PIT, NE, ARI.

I love these big barbell-shaped rosters. Straightforward path to being solid, and can hit big if a couple high-end guys come through. My rosters usually have roughly this shape. This is the most WRs I've ever taken & the fewest PKs; also the most I've spent on TE & the least I've spent on QB. The 30 player constraint chafed more than it usually does.

The two items at the top of my wishlist this season are a big year from Kamara, and for things to work out for this QB group.

I'm light on stacks this year, with just Lance+Deebo. I think stacks aren't quite as important when your QB runs the ball. Maybe should've gone with Kmet over Everett.

Week 6 is my toughest bye, with 7 players for $87 out including Kamara. Though that includes Trey Lance & Michael Thomas, who I wasn't counting on for that week anyways. Only $5 on bye week 13 and $17 week 14.

QB - Lamar Jackson - 23
QB - Justin Fields - 7
QB - Trey Lance - 7

I'll be in trouble if Lamar misses early but I took that shot for the upside later.

RB - Ezekiel Elliott - 27
RB - James Robinson - 16
RB - Trey Sermon - 15
RB - Gus Edwards - 11
RB - Sony Michel - 5
RB - Carlos Hyde - 4

Robinson, Edwards and Michel all represent value as these were post injury/trade prices. And that's how I start the build of my teams, value first and then pepper in the rest.  Elliot's got a difficult schedule but as upper tier RB's went I thought he was best value and I put a greater emphasis on durability which has historically been a strong feature with Zeke.

WR - Brandon Aiyuk - 17
WR - Jerry Jeudy - 16
WR - Michael Thomas - 13
WR - Antonio Brown - 10
WR - Elijah Moore - 9
WR - Jakobi Meyers - 6

Callaway and Meyers are extreme value. Aiyuk gets me hookup with Trey Lance.  I thought Callaway's price provided me a no brainer call to roster Michael Thomas for a grand total of $18.

TE - Mark Andrews - 16
TE - Jonnu Smith - 9
TE - Cole Kmet - 7

Andrews and Kmet provide QB hookups at some point, like value in general on Jonnu and Kmet. Andrews has as much big game potential as any TE, but also puts out some bad game and here I feel like I can minimize those weeks.

PK - Younghoe Koo - 4
PK - Evan McPherson - 2

TD - Denver Broncos - 3

Went light at these positions, normally go 3 K's at least, just ran out of funds and took best values.

Hey Folks,

Two important notes:

1. Last year, we had a tool that allowed users to change their entry from being named "Entry #103495" to "pistol pete" or whatever.  That's not working yet, but it's possible it may be able to be working by October. 

2. Last year, we had a tool called the "contest querier" that allowed people to look up and see how many contest entries had a certain combination of players.  That's not working yet, but it's possible it may be able to be working by October. 

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks for the update Joe - it was a huge site revamp so I understand these things can take some time :)

-QG

At some point there are so many picking the contrarians that they become mainstream plays. I’ve seen Thomas on soooo many rosters. Partly why I avoided him. 
I would think Dan Arnold would be fairly highly owned.

I don't know how to do it but I know in the days of Igomatic (or as he would say calcomatic) that he employed a scraper to get the data - if anyone has the chops for that to try and get summary numbers :)

-QG

My Cooper/Kupp/Waller combo seems to be the only difference maker... surprising to me, I felt the WRs in this range would be uber popular.

Otherwise I have the gimme obvious plays everyone else making at WR and RB.

Users who are viewing this thread