What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 FBG Subscriber Contest (1 Viewer)

@Dacomish

Sorry to see you had a tough week. 😢 

A great  night from Chubb and I think you can move up quite a bit.
Yea it was a terrible week - worst time to have that. Chubb would need to score more than 12.10 to count and in the off chance Big Ben scores more than 27.20 he would count - only 2 going tonight. Looks like I will finish out of the money, but may still be better than my best ever finish of 75th. 

Go win this thing for all of us @JoeSteeler!!

I went through the top 6 teams and tried to calculate who they have left to play tomorrow. Of course there could be a team further down the list that has several players and could move up quite a bit.

1st 650.45, has Browns def (-12.00)

2nd (me) 634.15, has Chubb (-10.70)

3rd 609.55, no players left

4th 607, has Harris (14.90)

5th 595.10, has Steelers def (-13.00)

6th 594, has Ben (-27.20) and Browns Def (-5.00)
I went 7th-11th as well for my own sanity (and my math may be off, so don't shoot the messenger!):

7th 591.95, has Harris (-15.7)

8th 590.55, Has Browns DST (-1.0)

9th 590.4, (Wollac), no players left

10th 590, (Balco), Has Harris (-17.2) and D. Johnson (-21.3)

11th 586.3 (myself), Has Chubb (-12.10) and Roethlisberger (-27.20)

I really need a week 9 (29 points) or week 16 (25 points) type day from Chubb - plus it would help you too @JoeSteeler

I went 7th-11th as well for my own sanity (and my math may be off, so don't shoot the messenger!):

7th 591.95, has Harris (-15.7)

8th 590.55, Has Browns DST (-1.0)

9th 590.4, (Wollac), no players left

10th 590, (Balco), Has Harris (-17.2) and D. Johnson (-21.3)

11th 586.3 (myself), Has Chubb (-12.10) and Roethlisberger (-27.20)

I really need a week 9 (29 points) or week 16 (25 points) type day from Chubb - plus it would help you too @JoeSteeler
Thanks!

I’ve had some fantastic performances so far but tight end is what will have sunk me. I think I am averaging 4 points from the position during the finals while every other team is getting great production.

I was struggling to figure out who would be the pass catcher in New England so I figured if I had both Henry and Jonnu Smith one would always give me solid production. Yeah . . . no. But no worries I also got a bargain Dan Arnold (when he was still on Panthers). Goose Eggs all around!

One thing this season has taught me in the contest is you have to avoid significant prolonged injuries to your studs and don’t scrimp on tight end. 

JoeSteeler said:
I went through the top 6 teams and tried to calculate who they have left to play tomorrow. Of course there could be a team further down the list that has several players and could move up quite a bit.

1st 650.45, has Browns def (-12.00)

2nd (me) 634.15, has Chubb (-10.70)

3rd 609.55, no players left

4th 607, has Harris (14.90)

5th 595.10, has Steelers def (-13.00)

6th 594, has Ben (-27.20) and Browns Def (-5.00)

so 17/120/1 and 3/25/1 for Chubb will get you there?  I've created a DFS entry with Chubb in the captain's chair in your honor.  Let's go Chubb!!!

Every year when we start at the beginning of the season we try to figure out the "Master plan" on how to get to this point and finish in the money or top 100. For those that did what are your lessons learned or tips that we can reflect back on? 

I'll start:

QB - I was adamant that I wanted 3 for depth and coverage and had I not have spent $8 on Goff I could very easily have been bounced a few different weeks in this contest when he outscored both Rodgers/$17 and Big Ben. Rodgers was coming off of a MVP performance and his track record in weeks 15-17 were crazy good, I had a hunch he may produce - the Toe very much put a damper on that. Big Ben at $9 was value in my eyes for depth. 

RB - I went the 3 bellcow/stud route plus a sprinkling of a few other values. My main 3 were Mixon $27/Zeke$27/Chubb$26. Now you look at that and say Wait a minute Zeke and Chubb were in timeshares. Yes they were but when I used the FBG pre-season projections they were something like 6/7 in scoring and for the prices they were they were more value given the volume I felt they would have. Mixon was more of the prototypical bell cow but I felt he would increase in the passing game and he did. Michel $5 was a last minute add but it was around the time he got traded, I went with Hyde $4 rather than the pricier Robinson thinking his connection with Meyer may be a sneaky value. Stevenson at $3 was a rookie dart throw and Ingram at $3 was a huge value even when he was with Houston, of course when he went to NO and Kamara was out it was huge. 

WR - I didn't spend here and that was my downfall, I chose Evans/$21 over Godwin/AB as I wanted a piece of that TB passing offense and felt more would have Godwin/AB and wanted to be a difference when/if got to the finals. Higgins was value at $18 and I felt he would do exactly what he did, lived in the flashier Chase shadow and when they game-planned for Chase he reaped the benefits. Jeudy/$16 was such promise but that early injury sidetracked his chances.  I fell into the "preseason hype trap" with Callaway/$5 and Edwards/$4 neither really were consistent although both counted for me at various times in the contest. MVS/$3 was one of the most widely owned players but I'm sure we all felt the same reason why - he is madly inconsistent when healthy, one week he catches 2-3 deep balls and a TD and the next a goosegg. Terrible for weekly or Daily but perfect for this contest. 

TE - Here is where I had changed gears from years past, every year I went light and scrimped and saved and didn't spend much. Well Andrews/$19 was quite often a weekly Flex option with the TE premium scoring and Hockenson/$16 was steady enough to push Andrews to that Flex when he was healthy. Ertz/$7 was a pre-season conundrum on Philly as he was sharing with Goedert and I had a feeling if Goedert would produce they would find a suiter for Ertz and he landed in a great spot in Arizona - counted every week for me in the playoffs with Andrews in a Flex. TE was a gamechanger for me! 

K - I used the pre-season FBG articles on K's as I don't use them in my regular league and have not really kept up on them and settled on 3 K's: McManus/$3, Hopkins/$3 and McPherson/$2 - all cheap and more importantly all LONG distance kickers and given the long distance yardage bonus in this contest this was an easy fill. All 3 were great in the season, and even when Hopkins got cut for a few weeks I still had 2 to go (again another reason to have 3). 

Def - Packers/$2 and Cowboys/$2 I needed to go light here for money elsewhere and used a pre-season strength of schedule article from FBG to help guide me. Both scored well this year and my only regret was not having a 3rd option in week 17 when the best of the 2 only scored 2 points....that may have cost me a place at finishing in the money. 

Now bring on the Post-Season Contest!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats everybody! Especially JoeSteeler and Balco! I'll take 12th any day! Kyter, you are da man! Thanks for all the work you put into the tracker. I had a blast this season! See you all next year!
I appreciate everyone’s support through this contest! I also had a blast and it was very exciting. I am very happy with 2nd place!

Thank you everyone!!!!

Congrats, JoeSteeler!

I just missed out on the free subscription and finished 157th. Still glad to have made it all the way to the end though (second time for me - finished about 150th the other time as well).

Now I just need to take that extra step and get into the top 100 next year!

The top 5 winners have already been notified and paperwork has been sent.

For everyone else, @Clayton Gray will be notifying everyone. We hope to have all that done by Monday. Thanks for your patience. I'm reminded every year that we're way better at creating content to help people win contests than we are at administering a contest. Thanks y'all. 

Dacomish said:
Normally if we have one it rolls out on Wed of first week, although last year it rolled out on the Thurs I believe. No idea on this year though. 

Yes. We're doing the Premium Subscriber Playoff contest again this year as a bonus. It's our way to say thanks to folks who bought a premium subscription. And throw a little cash out.

Hope to have it up by Thursday like we did last year.  We started a thread here https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/802717-2021-22-fbg-playoff-subscriber-contest/

Users who are viewing this thread