What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Final Week of the Regular Season IDP Info/Comments/News/Recommendations (1 Viewer)

How good is the Monster as an article/podcast?

I cancelled my sub to IDP Guys (I was disappointed with the access they were charging for w/r/t to offense) and it cancelled me right away but charged me for this year. That was disappointing, to say the least.

Should I continue to patronize them, or what gives?
Regarding the bolded, I think it is still worthwhile. He breaks down the IDPs in every weekly matchup. He looks at their production, their share of snaps, reviews injuries and depth chart moves,etc. All the information is available elsewhere online. But, not in one place and not for free. At least, not that I am aware of.

Ryan Sitzmann (The IDP Guru) expects Parsons to play a lot of defensive line today, and so did I, given Dallas's injuries. No bueno if you're starting him at LB like I am. (I have to. What if he's all over the field when he plays linebacker?)

That brings up a broader point. I'm worried that given his success in the pass rush this year (He grades over ninety percent at PFF for pass rushing), the Cowboys will attempt to maximize their draft pick by putting him in a more valuable position than LB. I dunno. Just spitballing. I should probably start a Parsons thread.

The first Monster podcast was really cool - we heard him go through his process, and I found that interesting.  Like others, though, I preferred the written version.  It's not a podcast I can listen to while working, so I listen to 15 minutes of it, then assume I'll get back to the rest, but end up deleting it on Friday having only listened to those first 15 minutes.

Kendall Fuller did not get credit for the INT on the 2 point conversion from MNF. Looking at player stats on NFL, Fuller was not credited with a pick there. I'm guessing it's because the play is technically not a play, but a PAT attempt. Still, that seems like a terrible way to score it, as any offensive player would get stats for a successful attempt.

Also, since I know the IDPers here will appreciate it...

My team was down 68 point going into the MNF game. I had 5 IDP  remaining and my opponent was done. SEA: Brooks / Adams. WFT: Holcomb / Collins / Fuller. I won by 10.    \o/  \o/  \o/  

Last edited by a moderator:
Kendall Fuller did not get credit for the INT on the 2 point conversion from MNF. Looking at player stats on NFL, Fuller was not credited with a pick there. I'm guessing it's because the play is technically not a play, but a PAT attempt. Still, that seems like a terrible way to score it, as any offensive player would get stats for a successful attempt.

Also, since I know the IDPers here will appreciate it...

My team was down 68 point going into the MNF game. I had 5 IDP  remaining and my opponent was done. SEA: Brooks / Adams. WFT: Holcomb / Collins / Fuller. I won by 10.    \o/  \o/  \o/  
IIRC, an Offensive player doesn't get credit for a reception, or the yards on a 2pt play either.  It's just a successful conversion or not.  I suspect if Fuller would have returned it the other way, he'd be credited for the points.

IIRC, an Offensive player doesn't get credit for a reception, or the yards on a 2pt play either.  It's just a successful conversion or not.  I suspect if Fuller would have returned it the other way, he'd be credited for the points.
Ok, that makes sense. Score or No Score... binary result for stats. I wouldn't even have considered whether yardage gets scored.

Do you know for sure he didn’t get a PD (pass defenses)? 
Good question. I don't. He did get credit for 3 PD. I can't find the PDF gamebooks usually published on NFL.com, either. Not sure why, but the play by play in that sheet would show where he got his 3 PDs. 

The last few weeks have been crazy busy for me so I'm not sure when the gamebooks disappeared but it looks like the entire NFL.com site is glitched all to hell right now. The usual access to scores & gamebooks is broken (blank pages, etc.) so I'm guessing it a technical issue rather than a monetary decision to withhold those sheets.

Do you know for sure he didn’t get a PD (pass defenses)? 
I do have a question about PD's though.  I notice every INT also gets a PD.  However, I believe in the game on Monday Adams got a PD and INT on his interception but that Wagner also got a PD on that play (and I am still not sure he even touched the ball).  Can there be two PD's awarded on one pass?

Gally said:
I do have a question about PD's though.  I notice every INT also gets a PD.  However, I believe in the game on Monday Adams got a PD and INT on his interception but that Wagner also got a PD on that play (and I am still not sure he even touched the ball).  Can there be two PD's awarded on one pass?

I've never checked into it but have always assumed those tip-drill type INTs would award multiple PDs. The initial tip is a PD and the INT has always been (the ultimate) PD. IDP scoring isn't advanced enough to award 0.5 PD. 😂

I've never checked into it but have always assumed those tip-drill type INTs would award multiple PDs. The initial tip is a PD and the INT has always been (the ultimate) PD. IDP scoring isn't advanced enough to award 0.5 PD. 😂
I also believe that a PD (other than an INT and tips at the line of scrimmage) must be a catchable ball by the offense.   I think I have seen balls way overthrown that were touched by a DB that didn't go down as a PD.  This is anecdotal only as I have never seen an official description of a "PD".  I also think that tight defense where the offense just drops the ball (no touch by the defender) is not a PD, but that could just be a judgement by the official scorekeeper.  

Kyle Dugger is on the COVID list and may not play vs. BUF. Add Phillips now if he's available. Dugger can play with 2 negative tests but that seems unlikely with him hitting the list mid-week. 

Thanks Joe. Would have liked to know what the questions were because he had him projected for 0 points up until now. He does not have an injury designation and has practiced all week. Also played 97% of the snaps last week.  :shrug:

Thanks Joe. Would have liked to know what the questions were because he had him projected for 0 points up until now. He does not have an injury designation and has practiced all week. Also played 97% of the snaps last week.  :shrug:
I agree.  I cannot come up with any questions that would send him that low unless it was a question of playing or not but as you stated there isn't an injury designation.  Seems like he was omitted from the rankings by accident.

Updated now. Looks like Darin had an error on an injury designation earlier in the week. When I asked him earlier, he said he had questions and dug in deeper to find the problem and then resolved it . Thanks for the headsup on this. 

His 0 pt projection was changed early afternoon on Friday. These errors happen quite a bit and are normally corrected by the weekend. That's why I suggested a thread last week for members to list these errors although if the IDP projectors aren't visiting this forum, it probably wouldn't make a difference. Thanks for checking into this Joe.

His 0 pt projection was changed early afternoon on Friday. These errors happen quite a bit and are normally corrected by the weekend. That's why I suggested a thread last week for members to list these errors although if the IDP projectors aren't visiting this forum, it probably wouldn't make a difference. Thanks for checking into this Joe.
I think it would be a great idea if you'd like to have a thread. I haven't seen these happen quite a bit but if you have, we definitely need to see. Please create the thread and tag me. Thanks. 

My guess is that Deion Jones of Atlanta is the guy he was thinking of because Jones missed last week and Mykal Walker had thirteen tackles in his stead. Everyone double-check Jones's availability this week, not Oluokun.

That's probably what DT did, is confused the two. (Jones plays for Atlanta, like Oluokun. Walker stepped in for Jones in ATL.)

To add more to this, I think a weekly thread here for people to discuss rankings or projections they disagree with in general would be a great thing. There can be lots of good discussion to be had if done well (and I know you folks would do it well) on this kind of thing. 

We do this every week in our Footballguys Staff Discussion platform where staff members question the projections. It's always done in a "I don't understand why ________ is projected here. Have you thought about _________" type stuff and it's always helpful. 

A thread like that each week would be a good idea here I think. 

To add more to this, I think a weekly thread here for people to discuss rankings or projections they disagree with in general would be a great thing. There can be lots of good discussion to be had if done well (and I know you folks would do it well) on this kind of thing. 

We do this every week in our Footballguys Staff Discussion platform where staff members question the projections. It's always done in a "I don't understand why ________ is projected here. Have you thought about _________" type stuff and it's always helpful. 

A thread like that each week would be a good idea here I think. 
I learn a ton from the guys that might contribute regularly to that. I'd be all for it. 

Yeah, we could say things like, "Why is JPP always ranked as top-15 for the rest of the season while being DL68 in points per game?"

Yeah, we could say things like, "Why is JPP always ranked as top-15 for the rest of the season while being DL68 in points per game?"

Not sure if you were joking but one of the most important thing for a thread like that to have any chance of being good though is to be accurate. We'll have to use lots of links to make sure we're clear on exactly what we're talking about. 

Jason Pierre-Paul is Linebacker #80 in our Rest Of Season Rankings for IDP. https://www.footballguys.com/rankings/rest-of-season?oproj=996&kproj=996&iproj=996&viewpos=lb&week=13&profile=i

I think it would be a great idea if you'd like to have a thread. I haven't seen these happen quite a bit but if you have, we definitely need to see. Please create the thread and tag me. Thanks. 
This thread has kind of been used for that type of discussion.  It's not the sole purpose of this thread but this is kind of a catchall for things happening in the current week.  I think it has worked well for some discussion but has tapered off (which is typical as seasons go on and people lose interest in their teams etc).

Does anyone know anything about the severity of Denzel Perryman's ankle injury? I can't find an update on it

Here are some nuggets:

• Cunningham released by Houston - Go get Grugier-Hill; I would hold Cunningham as he should land somewhere
  • Montez Sweat has COVID and is unvaxxed.  He might have come back this week but now will be out at least 10 more days
  • Randy Gregory starts his 21 day return clock as they designated him for return from IR.  Might play this week but if you need help at DL go get him if he is out there.  
  • Jaire Alexander is set to be designated for return.  DB's are dime a dozen but there might be one more out there soon.

Not sure if you were joking but one of the most important thing for a thread like that to have any chance of being good though is to be accurate. We'll have to use lots of links to make sure we're clear on exactly what we're talking about. 

Jason Pierre-Paul is Linebacker #80 in our Rest Of Season Rankings for IDP. https://www.footballguys.com/rankings/rest-of-season?oproj=996&kproj=996&iproj=996&viewpos=lb&week=13&profile=i
Joe, I use the Lineup Dominator.  There, JPP is currently the 20th ranked DL rest of season, which I think is lower than he’s been all season.  https://imgur.com/a/FnQwdaS shows what I’m seeing.

Weird that he’s a DE in Lineup Dominator and an LB in the link you provided.

Joe, I use the Lineup Dominator.  There, JPP is currently the 20th ranked DL rest of season, which I think is lower than he’s been all season.  https://imgur.com/a/FnQwdaS shows what I’m seeing.

Thanks. To help us see what's going on, can you please shoot an email to help@footballguys.com and let them know what you're seeing? They'll likely need to see how you're logging into Lineup Dominator and synching with your league to get that result. Thanks. 

Cunningham signed with the Titans.  He goes from one crowded room to another with Brown, Long, Evans, Rice wondering what's going on.  It will be interesting to see who the odd man out will be.  

@Briany Tennessee insider info here?

Cunningham signed with the Titans.  He goes from one crowded room to another with Brown, Long, Evans, Rice wondering what's going on.  It will be interesting to see who the odd man out will be.  

@Briany Tennessee insider info here?
They're all free agents except for Cunningham

He's dirt cheap this year then onto 10+ mil each year with an out in 2023.

Vrabel has always loved Cunningham (as has Bowen) so I've forever wondered why they didn't draft/trade for him.

2020 Vrabel on Zach Cunningham: "Doesn't look like a physical player but he'll be one of the best inside linebackers that we'll see, unquestionably, this year. Each and every year I see him he's more instinctive reading plays and diagnosing them. If we don't block 41 it won't matter."

Ya know how coaches are funky evaluating their former position? The Titans have had around 130 LB transactions since Vrabel became coach.

This is like a Christmas gift. It's exciting to add a player of his caliber for nothing, midseason.

Evans is a special athlete that's tough. Jayon is a special athlete that's versatile. They both have OLB experience. 

Evans is best against the run, Brown against the pass. Long is playing best as a complete LB, combo of two.

Once comfy (and it'll be quick) I expect Long and Cunningham for the majority of plays.

Bowen gets to use Evans and Brown as chess pieces. He did wonderful moving Landry around for 5-6 games but really hasn't much since. 

Evans being tough against the run will get him more snaps than Long against certain teams but I'd predict Long

I think Rice's value in IDP just got destroyed. He was the benefactor to the Titans losing 3-5 LBs next year and now he'll be backing up Long and Zach. I'd probably drop him in IDP and let him take up a roster spot on someone else's team. 

I don't doubt he'll be a good player. He did look confused but he's a specimen for sure. He looks like an OLB covering at ILB and is odd, but where's the opportunity gonna be? 

I believe in FF we get headaches in a draft for a season but we're foolish to hold into a headache for an entire offseason

Bri said:
I think Rice's value in IDP just got destroyed. He was the benefactor to the Titans losing 3-5 LBs next year and now he'll be backing up Long and Zach. I'd probably drop him in IDP and let him take up a roster spot on someone else's team. 

I don't doubt he'll be a good player. He did look confused but he's a specimen for sure. He looks like an OLB covering at ILB and is odd, but where's the opportunity gonna be? 

I believe in FF we get headaches in a draft for a season but we're foolish to hold into a headache for an entire offseason
Titans won’t keep Zach with his current contract, he isn’t good enough irl for $10M plus per

Probably not useful for 2021 purposes because I am shocked he was activated given his injury, but Jacob Phillips is back. Can't be full strength, but if a 75% Phillips is better than 100% of someone else then that's telling for next season.

Tick said:

Thanks. Matt has been working on this and thinks he understands the issue.

Most sites rank Pierre-Paul as a LB. That's how we rank him on our website. https://www.footballguys.com/rankings/rest-of-season?oproj=996&kproj=996&dproj=996&viewpos=flexidp&week=14&profile=i

But the League Dominator offers a customized experience for your league. If your league does something out of the norm and ranks Pierre-Paul as a DL, we can handle that. We adapt and give you a customized ranking based on your league. 

It's a huge advantage to someone using the League Dominator as you can see exactly where he ranks with your league.

Thanks. Matt has been working on this and thinks he understands the issue.

Most sites rank Pierre-Paul as a LB. That's how we rank him on our website. https://www.footballguys.com/rankings/rest-of-season?oproj=996&kproj=996&dproj=996&viewpos=flexidp&week=14&profile=i

But the League Dominator offers a customized experience for your league. If your league does something out of the norm and ranks Pierre-Paul as a DL, we can handle that. We adapt and give you a customized ranking based on your league. 

It's a huge advantage to someone using the League Dominator as you can see exactly where he ranks with your league.
That's awesome, and League Dominator is the best tool in FF by a mile...

That said, it doesn't seem to handle dual designations in my Sleeper league... I have Quincy Williams (DB/LB) and Jonathan Greenard (DE/LB) there, and it only treats them as LBs... so it's always telling me to start Chase Young (on IR) and pick up a DB to start, while telling me not to start Wiliams and Greenard.

https://imgur.com/a/yKC37GR

Again, incredible tool that is exactly what I wanted, and nobody else provides anything comparable... which means it's worth fine-tuning to be perfect.

That's awesome, and League Dominator is the best tool in FF by a mile...

That said, it doesn't seem to handle dual designations in my Sleeper league... I have Quincy Williams (DB/LB) and Jonathan Greenard (DE/LB) there, and it only treats them as LBs... so it's always telling me to start Chase Young (on IR) and pick up a DB to start, while telling me not to start Wiliams and Greenard.

https://imgur.com/a/yKC37GR

Again, incredible tool that is exactly what I wanted, and nobody else provides anything comparable... which means it's worth fine-tuning to be perfect.

Thanks. We'll take a look for the future there and see if it might be able to handle the dual designations. I have to be honest and say it likely will not be able to. But we'll take a look. 

Thanks and I hope you have an awesome season.

I question the projection for Marcus Davenport (0 pts). He's been out the last few weeks but practiced this week and active today. 

I question the projection for Marcus Davenport (0 pts). He's been out the last few weeks but practiced this week and active today. 
Yeah, both projections are for 0 points, but I'm starting him.  He's been a monster when healthy this season.

P.S. I just checked, he's tied for 2nd in weekly scoring average in my league, and Hunter is #1, so he's the top average scorer who isn't on IR (tied with Nick Bosa).

I haven't looked at the market.

He thrives in this system and had issues in the recent Texans one.

It's largely presumed they keep him
By who? He’s more likely a 2 down guy and you don’t pay $10M for one of those.  He can be released before the March bonus so I expect if anything he’s renegotiated for less if that’s what you mean.

Users who are viewing this thread