What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Las Vegas Raiders - PLAYOFFS!!!! (2 Viewers)

Hunter Renfrow joins Tyreek Hill, Marques Colston, Stefon Diggs, and George Kittle as the only players Drafted in the 5th round or later with 200+ catches, 2000+ yards, in first 3 seasons in the NFL. 
6th rounder Antonio Brown got the 2000 yards but only had ~150 catches, as he was barely used his 1st season. Renfrow stepped up when the team needed him. I still remember him putting Xavien Howard through the spin cycle on a short TD catch in game 3.

Still on a high after last night.

I’m not getting too excited but I think we have a good chance against the Bengals. The big if is whether Coach B has the ability to game plan for them. Yes, they can get pressure with the front 4 but they need to mix in a blitz now and then to keep the offence honest and not let Burrow pick us apart. 

On offence, they need to be consistent with the run, take a deep shot or two and hopefully get Waller more involved. If they insist on using Mariota, then they should do it without Carr on the field ... that just makes no sense. Most importantly, Carr will need to play a flawless game.

It will be a tough game but we definitely have a chance to take this.
A few well timed blitzes could really work well.  Teams know Bradley never blitzes.  If he can break tendencies they could really catch the Bengals off guard possibly.

A few well timed blitzes could really work well.  Teams know Bradley never blitzes.  If he can break tendencies they could really catch the Bengals off guard possibly.
Bradley is going to blitz even less when protecting a lead.  We might all be discounting that a bit.  We can't assume all those blitzes land home and they could flip the script a bit by allowing quick scores.  That script didn't play well for the Raiders vs the Chargers with Herbert getting a final shot under 1 minute; that could have gone either way though if the Raiders had one or two more first downs.

Burrow is really good, but he is young and relies on a deep ball that the weather might make difficult.  Not to mention he posted a 50.6 QBR against Bradley's defense earlier this season.  I would love to see this become a short passing/zone running battle. 

What a win Sun night!

Scrappy team that has battled back and puts up fights no matter what.

Team played their hearts out and I thought coaching was pretty good. Only decisions that wasn't a fan of was going for 2 so early and the defense on the 4th & 21 TD.  (Prevent Defense PREVENTS you from winning!)

On the flip side, thank god Chargers decided for XP vs going for 2 at end of regulation. Seems like a lock they would have gotten it at that point!

"On to Cincinnati....!!"

On offence, they need to be consistent with the run, take a deep shot or two and hopefully get Waller more involved. If they insist on using Mariota, then they should do it without Carr on the field ... that just makes no sense. Most importantly, Carr will need to play a flawless game.

Agreed.  I like the Mariota packages, as it forces the D to react to something different.   But, make the most of it.  Put in another playmaker that demands attention.  There was one play for sure, maybe more, where Carr was lined up as WR and I couldn't see Renfrow on the field.   WHAT?!  Put Renfrow out there and force the secondary to continue to shift the coverage too him.   Further more, they need to give Mariota a chance to throw the ball... once? I mean every play has been a run or handoff. 

I've mentioned this before, and I'll say it again.  I'm ready to see a deep pass or two sent towards Tyron Johnson.   He has made plays on special teams, has the best speed of the WR group, give the kid a shot. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed.  I like the Mariota packages, as it forces the D to react to something different.   But, make the most of it.  Put in another playmaker that demands attention.  There was one play for sure, maybe more, where Carr was lined up as WR and I couldn't see Renfrow on the field.   WHAT?!  Put Renfrow out there and force the secondary to continue to shift the coverage too him.   Further more, they need to give Mariota a chance to throw the ball... once? I mean every play has been a run or handoff. 

I've mentioned this before, and I'll say it again.  I'm ready to see a deep pass or two sent towards Tyron Johnson.   He has made plays on special teams, has the best speed of the WR group, give the kid a shot. 
Mariota for the year: 24 snaps, 13 rushes for 87 yards 1 TD. 6.7 average (31 yards longest). 1 for 2 for 4 yards passing. 

From memory, Carr staying on the field is relatively new. I only remember them doing that over the last few games. Before I seem to remember Carr coming off. I feel like they are trying to set up a trick pay with Carr out there. 

6th rounder Antonio Brown got the 2000 yards but only had ~150 catches, as he was barely used his 1st season. Renfrow stepped up when the team needed him. I still remember him putting Xavien Howard through the spin cycle on a short TD catch in game 3.
One of the best run routes ever against one of the best corners in the league. 

Mariota for the year: 24 snaps, 13 rushes for 87 yards 1 TD. 6.7 average (31 yards longest). 1 for 2 for 4 yards passing. 

From memory, Carr staying on the field is relatively new. I only remember them doing that over the last few games. Before I seem to remember Carr coming off. I feel like they are trying to set up a trick pay with Carr out there. 
it's not new.  i'd say he's been out there 75% of the time.  so dumb.

olsen really  needs to incorporate more running from the I.  screen plays.  play action. and let Marriota throw it. with play action.  and mixing in some dink and dunk on 1st down, 4-7 yard plays, would make the game so much easier on the o line.

it's not new.  i'd say he's been out there 75% of the time.  so dumb.

olsen really  needs to incorporate more running from the I.  screen plays.  play action. and let Marriota throw it. with play action.  and mixing in some dink and dunk on 1st down, 4-7 yard plays, would make the game so much easier on the o line.
Good point on the screens.  Such a good play and Raiders have to be one of the lowest screen teams in the league if not the lowest.

For discussion later.

https://www.raiders.com/news/raiders-opponents-for-2022-nfl-regular-season-revealed

The 2021 regular season has wrapped, and while the Raiders aren't done yet as they begin a playoff campaign, their opponents for the 2022 season have been finalized. Let's take a look at who they'll be seeing in Allegiant Stadium and on the road.

Alongside the traditional six games against their AFC West opponents, the Raiders will face the AFC South (Texans, Colts, Jaguars and Titans) and the NFC West (Cardinals, 49ers, Rams and Seahawks). The schedule is rounded out by the same-place finishers in the AFC North, AFC East and NFC South. Those teams — the Steelers, Patriots and Saints, respectively — finished second in their division, same as the Raiders.

The full schedule will be released in May.

Take a look at the list of opponents below:

Home (8 games):

Denver Broncos

Kansas City Chiefs

Los Angeles Chargers

Houston Texans

Indianapolis Colts

Arizona Cardinals

San Francisco 49ers

New England Patriots

Away (9 games):

Denver Broncos

Kansas City Chiefs

Los Angeles Chargers

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennessee Titans

Los Angeles Rams

Seattle Seahawks

Pittsburgh Steelers

New Orleans Saints

Let me try to do this...

Wow. Just wow. After that last Chef game, getting destroyed, after a rough stretch of losses to Washington, Cincy, NY and the Chefs again with one nice win over the Boys... I gave up hope. I thought that it was just too much to overcome. Too much had gone wrong this season. Not just like how it normally can go wrong for an NFL team but gone wrong in ways that just make you stand there  :shock: . If you feel like that way as a fan, imagine going through it as a player. I gave up on them and was more hoping to just have them show some progress towards next year. I gave up on them but they didn't give up. Has a team ever fought through so much before to make the playoffs?

Of course, the two big events. The HC leaves.... now, we all know more than one fan here has their view of him but losing Gruden like that wasn't a "good" thing for the season. (Don't @ me with an argument here about it being good long term or whatever, the bomb blowing up like that in the locker room with the HC being gone and the way it went down was without doubt not good for this season). Then, almost back to back to that, losing their #1 WR who has elite special speed that obviously was a huge part of the offense and not through injury but again, a heart breaking way that impacts the team in a way losing a player to injury just isn't the same. These two events would have crushed most teams. No doubt about it. 

But it started in the off season. Nassib came out of the closet (I will note that I don't think that this added drama to the season but it certainly was noteworthy and unique to this season). An oddly timed retirement from RB coach Kirby Wilson. Then three players retired in about a week span (Young, Riddick and Onwualu). Then executives mysteriously left: president Marc Badain, controller Araxie Grant and CFO Ed Villanueva. A WTF rain delay in a domed stadium in L.A. of all places! Speaking of WTF, a video of our bonehead former 1st rounder CB with guns and talking about killing people, so he gets released. Getting a game moved to allow the other team time to get ready. Then one of the special rookie players getting a DUI and after the events of Ruggs yet another  :shock:  moment. 

Then how many injuries? Sure, all teams deal with injuries but we certainly did not get lucky this year either. Our best offensive weapon in Waller out for a long time. Both starting Guards for basically the entire year (Incognito and Good). A DT that was expected to be a significant part of the rotation for basically the entire year (McCoy). Our starting CB out for most of the year (Mullen). Two promising LB's, one a starter and the other a promising prospect (Morrow and White) and later another LB (Kwiatkoski). Our FB who is a big part of the offense (Ingold). Our second RB Drake who was more than a back up RB. Our starting SS (Abram). Did I miss anything? 

Then up and down season of some good wins and some bad losses. Everyone, I mean, everyone basically gave up and said "well, another Raider fade.... what should we do with GM, coaches, QB, etc" but this team fought with a winning streak to earn a playoff spot. 

I think this says a lot about Bisaccia. I think it says a lot about Carr. The HC and the leader of the team. Every time you hear anyone that has any connections or talks to anyone in and around the team, you hear one thing over and over again which is how this team loves Bisaccia. As for Carr, we saw how this team loves him when he was hurt and on the ground. This team has been kept together by these two men and they deserve credit. 

As for the game. 

-The game ball goes to Philon. Did you see how he fought through those blocks to make the two stops that basically saved the game for us? That was nothing but will power. It sucks hard core that he is now added to the list of important players lost. 

-Richard gets a second game ball. That 3rd and 23 and getting 23 yards was crazy. What did they say on the telecast? It had like a 1.6% chance for success? Richard said, "never tell me the odds" and went and did it. 

-Renfrow putting on a clinic of "how you run routes to destroy NFL defense backs" again. Those were some dirty routes. 

-My one big criticism for the game was the back to back same play run. Very poor choice to do that. Did Olsen really think that they would fall for it? 

-Maxx is a stud. 

-The constant 4th conversions from the Dolts was frustrating but most of them were not easy. Herbert was forced to go through progressions to get there. If we did a blitz like many wanted there is no way to say it would be effective. I mean, who would you have go in for the pressure? Keep in mind, that may shorten the time Herbert had but shoot but then he likely wouldn't need the time either. Plus, the line, lead by Maxx was getting the pressure all game long. I don't think it was 'wrong' to not blitz and it certainly is within the philosophy of Bradley. 

-Speaking of which... is enough credit being given to the Raider defense for keeping the second coming of Montana/Brady/Elway or whatever else the media drools over Herbie over at 34 for 64 attempts? With an INT and being sacked 3 times? You got to give Bradley credit as much for that as you do if you want to be critical. 

-We played it perfectly right at the end in OT. The most important thing was to not lose the game. Run the ball and if they stop us... ok. We still go to playoffs. If they don't then we position ourselves for a game winning kick... and we go to the playoffs. I don't think we were playing for the tie. I think we were playing not to lose because that was literally the most important thing. A win was better in that we face Cincy over the Chefs but the only thing that really mattered was not losing the game at that point. 

I think that this win means Bisaccia will be brought back. Flores is tempting but I would really want to know in detail what lead to his firing. Harbaugh is also tempting if that is a real possibility but there seems to be enough smoke to make you think that it is a possibility. Those are the only two I would really consider at this point over Bisaccia. Mayo is a long shot for me but I think there is too much to wonder about with him to give him the go ahead right now. Bisaccia is clearly a leader. Is he the best football coach? I don't know yet but he got this team into the playoffs and that has to lead him to have the chances in his favor. A playoff win and there is no doubt about it... he is back. Heck, I think you have to consider him coach of the year as a possibility with all that has happened and in the end this team is 10-7 and in the playoffs. 

I remember this game back in '91, but I didn't know the Curse of Bo Jackson was a thing.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2022/01/12/raiders-vs-bengals-nfl-playoff-first-meeting-since-january-13-1991-bo-jackson-hip-injury-game/9163571002/

Bengals vs. Raiders playoff matchup brings back memories of 1991 divisional game

Kyle Brown

Cincinnati Enquirer

When the Cincinnati Bengals host the Las Vegas Raiders in the wild-card round of the NFL playoffs on Saturday, it will be the first time the two teams have met in the playoffs since a Jan. 13, 1991 AFC divisional game.

This year's game is scheduled to kickoff at 4:30 p.m. on NBC. The Bengals (10-7) qualified for the playoffs by virtue of winning the AFC North. The Raiders (10-7) got in as a wild card following a win over the Los Angeles Chargers.

The 1991 game has become infamous, as it was the final NFL game of Bo Jackson's career. The two-sport star was injured on a tackle by Bengals linebacker Kevin Walker, leading to the end of his football career.

Here is a look back at the 1991 Raiders vs. Bengals game

How did the Bengals and Raiders get to the 1991 AFC divisional game?

The Bengals, under head coach Sam Wyche, finished the regular season at 9-7. They beat the Houston Oilers and Cleveland Browns in back-to-back weeks to earn the AFC Central division championship over the Oilers and Pittsburgh Steelers, who both also finished 9-7.

The Bengals beat the Oilers 41-14 in the first round of the playoffs to advance to play the Raiders.

The Raiders, coached by Art Shell and playing in Los Angeles then, finished the regular season 12-4 and won the AFC West. By virtue of having the second-best record in the AFC, the Raiders had a first round bye.

Who played for the Bengals and Raiders in 1991?

There was plenty of star power in the game. The Bengals had stalwarts such as Boomer Esiason, Eddie Brown, Tim McGee, Rodney Holman, Bruce Kozerski and Joe Walter starting on offense, with Ickey Woods at fullback and an ailing James Brooks playing running back.

Tim Krumrie, Carl Zander, James Francis along with defensive backs Lewis Billups, Eric Thomas, David Fulcher and Barney Bussey led the Cincinnati defense.

The Raiders offense had Willie Gault, Steve Wisniewski, Don Mosebar and Jay Schroeder, along with the duo of Marcus Allen and Bo Jackson sharing carries at running back. There was even a future 'Survivor' contestant, Steve Wright, on the offensive line.

The offensive line also featured ex-Bengal Max Montoya.

The Los Angeles defense included such named as Howie Long, Bob Golic, Greg Townsend and Terry McDaniel.

No Anthony Muñoz? Injuries affected the Bengals offensive line

Notably absent from the list of Bengals starters was Hall of Famer Anthony Muñoz. Cincinnati was without both its left tackle and left guard for the game as Bruce Reimers joined Muñoz on the bench.

Muñoz tore the rotator cuff in his left shoulder and Reimers severely sprained his left ankle.

Cincinnati vs. Los Angeles = Kings Island vs. Disneyland?

There was some unusual trash talk before the game that included… amusement parks?

From a Jan. 13, 1991 Enquirer article previewing the game:

Greg Townsend, Raiders defensive end, told a Los Angeles TV reporter last week that the Bengals should visit Disneyland or some TV studios while they were in L.A. because that was about as much fun as they could expect to have there.

Coach Sam Wyche took offense and said that kind of talk meant he has had to do less to motivate his team.

"To have some of them invite us to go on a Disney tour hasn't hurt at all," Wyche said. "It's probably reasonable for them to think they should win this ball game. They probably feel they should walk all over us.

"We'll see. We've got passes to Kings Island if things go our way."

What happened in the Bengals vs. Raiders game?

From the Enquirer report of the game:

After hanging tough for 3½ quarters, the Bengals were done in by a quick strike, 41-yard touchdown reception by Raider tight end Ethan Horton midway through the fourth quarter. That score gave the Raiders a 17-10 lead with 8:52 to play, and kicker Jeff Jaeger added a 25-yard field goals with 29 seconds to play for the final 20-10 margin before 92,045 raucous fans at L.A. Coliseum.

The Bengals offense only managed 182 yards in the game, while the Raiders gained 389.

So about that Bo Jack injury… are the Bengals cursed?

The Bengals have not won a playoff game since beating the Oilers the week before the Raiders game. Is the Curse of Bo Jackson for real?

Who knows?

Though, Enquirer columnist Paul Daugherty has a different take on things. Enter former Bengal Montoya, who as mentioned earlier started for the Raiders in that game: 

The Curse of Max Montoya.

You know what I’m talking about. Pedro Borbon’s ill wishes were Tom Sawyer stuff – toss that salt over your shoulder, Huck! – compared with the Curse of Max. It is real, it is verifiable and it has stood the test of time. Thirty years, to be precise.

That’s when Mike Brown decided that free-agent Max, 33 years old and coming off consecutive Pro Bowl appearances, was not worthy of a new contract. Montoya left for the L.A. Raiders where he played five more years and made another Pro Bowl, at the age of 37.

"Mike didn’t even have to match what the Raiders were giving," Montoya said this week. "All I wanted was a phone call. Please call me and talk me out of this. Nobody called, but (Boomer Esiason). "Not (Brown), not my offensive line coach," Jim McNally.

You know what happened next.

I've always wanted to go to New Orleans. 
Just got back from eight days there. Went to the Sugar Bowl, the inside is certainly dated but it's still a great stadium experience and it is located centrally enough to walk in and out. Looking forward to going back, maybe for the LV game next year.

Let me try to do this...

Wow. Just wow. After that last Chef game, getting destroyed, after a rough stretch of losses to Washington, Cincy, NY and the Chefs again with one nice win over the Boys... I gave up hope. I thought that it was just too much to overcome. Too much had gone wrong this season. Not just like how it normally can go wrong for an NFL team but gone wrong in ways that just make you stand there  :shock: . If you feel like that way as a fan, imagine going through it as a player. I gave up on them and was more hoping to just have them show some progress towards next year. I gave up on them but they didn't give up. Has a team ever fought through so much before to make the playoffs?

Of course, the two big events. The HC leaves.... now, we all know more than one fan here has their view of him but losing Gruden like that wasn't a "good" thing for the season. (Don't @ me with an argument here about it being good long term or whatever, the bomb blowing up like that in the locker room with the HC being gone and the way it went down was without doubt not good for this season). Then, almost back to back to that, losing their #1 WR who has elite special speed that obviously was a huge part of the offense and not through injury but again, a heart breaking way that impacts the team in a way losing a player to injury just isn't the same. These two events would have crushed most teams. No doubt about it. 

But it started in the off season. Nassib came out of the closet (I will note that I don't think that this added drama to the season but it certainly was noteworthy and unique to this season). An oddly timed retirement from RB coach Kirby Wilson. Then three players retired in about a week span (Young, Riddick and Onwualu). Then executives mysteriously left: president Marc Badain, controller Araxie Grant and CFO Ed Villanueva. A WTF rain delay in a domed stadium in L.A. of all places! Speaking of WTF, a video of our bonehead former 1st rounder CB with guns and talking about killing people, so he gets released. Getting a game moved to allow the other team time to get ready. Then one of the special rookie players getting a DUI and after the events of Ruggs yet another  :shock:  moment. 

Then how many injuries? Sure, all teams deal with injuries but we certainly did not get lucky this year either. Our best offensive weapon in Waller out for a long time. Both starting Guards for basically the entire year (Incognito and Good). A DT that was expected to be a significant part of the rotation for basically the entire year (McCoy). Our starting CB out for most of the year (Mullen). Two promising LB's, one a starter and the other a promising prospect (Morrow and White) and later another LB (Kwiatkoski). Our FB who is a big part of the offense (Ingold). Our second RB Drake who was more than a back up RB. Our starting SS (Abram). Did I miss anything? 

Then up and down season of some good wins and some bad losses. Everyone, I mean, everyone basically gave up and said "well, another Raider fade.... what should we do with GM, coaches, QB, etc" but this team fought with a winning streak to earn a playoff spot. 

I think this says a lot about Bisaccia. I think it says a lot about Carr. The HC and the leader of the team. Every time you hear anyone that has any connections or talks to anyone in and around the team, you hear one thing over and over again which is how this team loves Bisaccia. As for Carr, we saw how this team loves him when he was hurt and on the ground. This team has been kept together by these two men and they deserve credit. 

As for the game. 

-The game ball goes to Philon. Did you see how he fought through those blocks to make the two stops that basically saved the game for us? That was nothing but will power. It sucks hard core that he is now added to the list of important players lost. 

-Richard gets a second game ball. That 3rd and 23 and getting 23 yards was crazy. What did they say on the telecast? It had like a 1.6% chance for success? Richard said, "never tell me the odds" and went and did it. 

-Renfrow putting on a clinic of "how you run routes to destroy NFL defense backs" again. Those were some dirty routes. 

-My one big criticism for the game was the back to back same play run. Very poor choice to do that. Did Olsen really think that they would fall for it? 

-Maxx is a stud. 

-The constant 4th conversions from the Dolts was frustrating but most of them were not easy. Herbert was forced to go through progressions to get there. If we did a blitz like many wanted there is no way to say it would be effective. I mean, who would you have go in for the pressure? Keep in mind, that may shorten the time Herbert had but shoot but then he likely wouldn't need the time either. Plus, the line, lead by Maxx was getting the pressure all game long. I don't think it was 'wrong' to not blitz and it certainly is within the philosophy of Bradley. 

-Speaking of which... is enough credit being given to the Raider defense for keeping the second coming of Montana/Brady/Elway or whatever else the media drools over Herbie over at 34 for 64 attempts? With an INT and being sacked 3 times? You got to give Bradley credit as much for that as you do if you want to be critical. 

-We played it perfectly right at the end in OT. The most important thing was to not lose the game. Run the ball and if they stop us... ok. We still go to playoffs. If they don't then we position ourselves for a game winning kick... and we go to the playoffs. I don't think we were playing for the tie. I think we were playing not to lose because that was literally the most important thing. A win was better in that we face Cincy over the Chefs but the only thing that really mattered was not losing the game at that point. 

I think that this win means Bisaccia will be brought back. Flores is tempting but I would really want to know in detail what lead to his firing. Harbaugh is also tempting if that is a real possibility but there seems to be enough smoke to make you think that it is a possibility. Those are the only two I would really consider at this point over Bisaccia. Mayo is a long shot for me but I think there is too much to wonder about with him to give him the go ahead right now. Bisaccia is clearly a leader. Is he the best football coach? I don't know yet but he got this team into the playoffs and that has to lead him to have the chances in his favor. A playoff win and there is no doubt about it... he is back. Heck, I think you have to consider him coach of the year as a possibility with all that has happened and in the end this team is 10-7 and in the playoffs. 
Great read ,well said and thought out thoroughly . Thank you for taking the time to add insightful and interesting views

Raiders fans can feast on chips grown from Allegiant Stadium’s soil | Las Vegas 

For most, chips are a necessary and favorite snack when watching football.

But what if you could combine your favorite snack with your favorite team?

Lay’s is helping Raiders fans do just that with their new Golden Grounds chips, made from potatoes grown in the soil from Allegiant Stadium.

Soil that was directly pulled from NFL stadiums and fields across the country was mixed into the Lay’s potato fields to create chips “infused with the grounds and glory of each NFL team.”

Golden Grounds will be the same classic Lay’s flavor fans have enjoyed for over 75 years.

Here’s how you can get your hands on some:

— Between January 11 and January 25, fans will have the chance to win a bag of these limited-edition chips by following @LAYS on Twitter.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/raiders/these-chips-come-from-the-same-ground-the-raiders-play-on-2511649/

A concerning point from the injury list. 

Hankins has been DNP so far this week. If he is unable to play then we are really going thin at DT now that Philon is out, specifically the NT spot, which Hankins and Philon usually rotated in and out on. I expect Square to be called up regardless from PS but possibly PJ Johnson or maybe even Buggs to but I will be nervous if Hankins isn't able to go in how our run defense ends up being able to hold up without Hankins and Philon. 

Raiders fans can feast on chips grown from Allegiant Stadium’s soil | Las Vegas 

For most, chips are a necessary and favorite snack when watching football.

But what if you could combine your favorite snack with your favorite team?

Lay’s is helping Raiders fans do just that with their new Golden Grounds chips, made from potatoes grown in the soil from Allegiant Stadium.

Soil that was directly pulled from NFL stadiums and fields across the country was mixed into the Lay’s potato fields to create chips “infused with the grounds and glory of each NFL team.”

Golden Grounds will be the same classic Lay’s flavor fans have enjoyed for over 75 years.

Here’s how you can get your hands on some:

— Between January 11 and January 25, fans will have the chance to win a bag of these limited-edition chips by following @LAYS on Twitter.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/raiders/these-chips-come-from-the-same-ground-the-raiders-play-on-2511649/
A promotional youtube video showing how it was done...if had a bag i wouldnt open it...id save it seeing its limited 

RAIDERS CHIPS  

I'm sure others noticed this before but my eight yr old help point out to me tonight that the Raiders now play in 'Al the Giant' Stadium when you translate from French, Al-le-giant.

Al the Giant, indeed. Go Raiders!!!
Thats awesome lol...gotta love kids 

I'm sure others noticed this before but my eight yr old help point out to me tonight that the Raiders now play in 'Al the Giant' Stadium when you translate from French, Al-le-giant.

Al the Giant, indeed. Go Raiders!!!
That's amazing. Thee's probably a way to get your kid trending on Twitter with this discovery. 

The Raiders made the playoffs despite...

*President Marc Badain resigns

*Jon Gruden emails

*Henry Ruggs fatal crash

*Damon Arnette gun video

*Lost 5 out of 6

*Darren Waller injury

*Kenyan Drake injury

*Nate Hobbs DUI arrest before Week 18

Incredible job by interim HC Rich Bisaccia and his staff.

The Raiders made the playoffs despite...

*President Marc Badain resigns

*Jon Gruden emails

*Henry Ruggs fatal crash

*Damon Arnette gun video

*Lost 5 out of 6

*Darren Waller injury

*Kenyan Drake injury

*Nate Hobbs DUI arrest before Week 18

Incredible job by interim HC Rich Bisaccia and his staff.
And those are just the highlights

The Raiders look like that misfit team everyone counted out,  then turn into a team of destiny defying all the odds time and time again 
If they won the SB it would be the most unbelievable SB win ever. Likely the best NFL story of all time. I mean, the 30 for 30, America's Game, etc would be amaaaaaaaaaazing. Heck, even without a SB there should be some good material for things like that. 

2-3rd hardest schedule in the AFC apparently.

anyone know where to find these sort of stats? My googlatron is struggling 
I am coming up with 7th hardest in NFL to finish. Bengals and Chefs ranked higher in AFC. 8th hardest (4th in AFC) going into the season based on last years records. So, either way you look at it, on top of all that went wrong this season they had a rough road to travel to get to 10-7 and the playoff birth at the 5 seed. 

(I Googled "NFL strength of schedule")

For some way too early draft talk...

If Jameson Williams falls to us in the late 1st, is that someone we can't pass up? 

Speed wise he seems comparable to the elite speed Ruggs had and if not a better WR than him certainly more developed coming out of college. Of course the reason he would fall would be his injury which you would want medical clearance on of course, but assuming that, is he too good of a fit and player for us to pass on? Perhaps even moving up to grab? 

For some way too early draft talk...

If Jameson Williams falls to us in the late 1st, is that someone we can't pass up? 

Speed wise he seems comparable to the elite speed Ruggs had and if not a better WR than him certainly more developed coming out of college. Of course the reason he would fall would be his injury which you would want medical clearance on of course, but assuming that, is he too good of a fit and player for us to pass on? Perhaps even moving up to grab? 
I was thinking about this exact thing.  Yes, too good to pass up.  He will be just as good as before after his rehab and he is a true #1 WR.  Before the injury he had a chance to go top 5.  

I am coming up with 7th hardest in NFL to finish. Bengals and Chefs ranked higher in AFC. 8th hardest (4th in AFC) going into the season based on last years records. So, either way you look at it, on top of all that went wrong this season they had a rough road to travel to get to 10-7 and the playoff birth at the 5 seed. 

(I Googled "NFL strength of schedule")
I am still impressed by this gritty team.  

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2022/1/14/22882770/raiders-bengals-josh-jacobs-preview

I noticed him running better/harder recently. I would normally say he was feeling better as he has been knicked up all season but we know he has the rib injuries. I read somewhere where a team mate mentioned when he gets quiet they know he is locked in. Basically all he said was that he was the closer, give him the ball at the end of the Charger game. 

I mentioned it in another thread but I think the key to this game is going to be the health/play level of Hankins and Jacobs. Hankins being key to stopping their run game and Jacobs obviously key to ours doing well. 

Users who are viewing this thread