What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (5 Viewers)

Admittedly I’ve been drinking since like 2 but I STILL can’t believe Moore called that play. 

I always look at stuff and say “what if that happened here” and that one may result in actual violence lol

Cowboys QB Dak Prescott disparaged fans for throwing bottles, debris at players. Then Prescott was told the fans were aiming for officiating crew. Prescott retracted. “A credit to them then.”

Stay classy, Dak. 

Via John Kryk:

Number of NFL playoff wins over the last 25 seasons: #NYJets 7, #Cowboys 3.

Number of conference championship games reached over the last 25 seasons: #NYJets 3, #Cowboys 0.

Number of head coaches over the last 25 seasons: #NYJets 8, #Cowboys 7.

Cowboys QB Dak Prescott disparaged fans for throwing bottles, debris at players. Then Prescott was told the fans were aiming for officiating crew. Prescott retracted. “A credit to them then.”

Stay classy, Dak. 
Well he handed the ball to his center instead of the ref so he may not be the brightest. 

So funny after a gift of a false start call that would have cemented the game for SF

Via John Kryk:

Number of conference championship games reached over the last 25 seasons: #NYJets 3, #Cowboys 0.

And the last is with Garrett being kept way too long.

Hurts: 23-43, 258, 1 TD, 2 INT 

Prescott: 23-43, 254, 1 TD, 1 INT, 1 FUM

Prescott doesn't come out in the big games. Did this in college repeatedly. I was laughed at earlier in the year by a cowboys fan who didn't think this held water. Today it still does. Thanks for proving my point Prescott. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that is the right way to look at it. He’s good enough that they don’t need to reach or overpay in desperation to get a QB but not so good that they should pass up a chance to upgrade for the right price.

Yeah the good thing is they haven't tried to talk themselves into him being the guy either 

I think that is the right way to look at it. He’s good enough that they don’t need to reach or overpay in desperation to get a QB but not so good that they should pass up a chance to upgrade for the right price.
I still say Menshew is better. I think they are trying not to make the same mistake they made when they hurt Wentz’s feelings- to their own detriment. 

Telling your backup that he doesn’t even have a chance to get the job even if he’s better in practice is — no bueno. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I still say Menshew is better. I think they are trying not to make the same mistake they made when they hurt Wentz’s feelings- to their own detriment. 

Telling your backup that he doesn’t even have a chance to get the job even if he’s better in practice is — no bueno. 

Are we even sure it was an absolute no chance as the answer though? What I got out of it was I think Mort sugar coated that or his source did to try and get a bigger story then needed. Not saying he was told no but the whole Zero chance thing just doesn't sound right. 

Are we even sure it was an absolute no chance as the answer though? What I got out of it was I think Mort sugar coated that or his source did to try and get a bigger story then needed. Not saying he was told no but the whole Zero chance thing just doesn't sound right. 
Possibly. I’m just going off what one of you guys posted. 

Even so- I don’t want to come off as a biased Cowboys fan, I am really trying to be objective here. I just think Hurts is awful. 

Possibly. I’m just going off what one of you guys posted. 

Even so- I don’t want to come off as a biased Cowboys fan, I am really trying to be objective here. I just think Hurts is awful. 

You won't get a lot of fight back here on the later. I think most of us are well aware by now he's not the long term answer 

As much as we may not think Hurts is the future, we need to realize just how HARD it is to find a productive franchise QB.  Looking at the 16 NFC teams, how many know who their starter will be next year?

Have their QB for the next 2+ Years
Rams
Cardinals
Bears
Bucs?

Next year is okay, but unsure past that.
Cowboys
Eagles
Falcons
Giants?

Unknown who will start next year:
Packers
Vikings
Lions
Niners
Seahawks
WFT
Saints
Panthers

Stay classy, Dak. 
The Cowboys organization has rubbed off on him I see. Makes it even easier to watch his failures. 

As much as we may not think Hurts is the future, we need to realize just how HARD it is to find a productive franchise QB.  Looking at the 16 NFC teams, how many know who their starter will be next year?

Rams
Cardinals
Bears
Bucs?

Cowboys
Eagles
Falcons
Giants?

Packers
Vikings
Lions
Niners
Seahawks
WFT
Saints
Panthers
And it's amazing how fast things change. I remember just a couple years ago someone who was Giants or WFT fan commented something like, "At least you have a solid QB for the next five years or so."

He was referring to Wentz.

Man that game was rough to watch. I say keep all 3 1s unless you can get Rodgers. No Wilson. No Deshaun.

Sign a big body X like A Rob. Reagor gotta go. Gannon gotta go. Barnett gotta go. 

Draft defense. Over and over.

Nice to see Dallas be themselves and crap the bed at home once again, then blame the fans, then try to pelt the refs.

That fanbase seems to be getting "more violent?" I dunno I remember some rival Pats fan got murdered in the same parking lot of this stadium like 10-12 years back right?

Dallas assuredly is going to fire McCarthy and promote Kellen Moore without a doubt. 

Man that game was rough to watch. I say keep all 3 1s unless you can get Rodgers. No Wilson. No Deshaun.

Sign a big body X like A Rob. Reagor gotta go. Gannon gotta go. Barnett gotta go. 

Draft defense. Over and over.

Nice to see Dallas be themselves and crap the bed at home once again, then blame the fans, then try to pelt the refs.

That fanbase seems to be getting "more violent?" I dunno I remember some rival Pats fan got murdered in the same parking lot of this stadium like 10-12 years back right?

Dallas assuredly is going to fire McCarthy and promote Kellen Moore without a doubt. 
man, i really hope not with the bolded. always have a chance when facing McCarthy

You guys need some levity. Do the Cowboys stink? Yes. 

Are you better than them? 
currently no. Cowboys WRs are 4x better than the Eagles, and the disparity there is huge. RBs may be a push, and OL i give edge to the Eagles if all the guys come back next year. QB Cowboys have advantage as far as one season playing, but Eagles have advantage contract and salary cap wise. 

Defensively and special teams, unfortunately Cowboys are levels above Eagles 

i think this is sliding toward the awful takes on the NBA these days, and we really need to remember that NFL is a team game. Brady is nowhere if that Bucs defense isn't stellar yesterday.

that being said, looking at Hurts yesterday, he takes some blame. but i like to think if some of the easily fixable mistakes were not present. Let's say the goofy Kelce holding penalty, and Goedert catches that pass that hits him in his hands, and Raegor doesn't muff that punt, does Hurts look better overall yesterday?

i say yes. he has some culpability, and needs to improve on his play. but i will be maddeningly frustrated if the Eagles sacrifice the future assets they got with those 1st round picks and the salary cap they finally seem to have built into a better situation, by getting an old veteran QB that will cost a ton against the salary cap and force us to give up the future assets. 

Not saying Hurts is the future at all, but i would hold off on any panic move either. he is an NFL QB, and the team isn't a top QB away from getting to the Super Bowl. Build your other areas of need, and if Hurts sucks next year then you have your 1st round pick (ideally 2 because i for one am all for trading one of their picks this year for an addl. pick next year), and will presumably have cap room to get a QB if you desperately need one. build up the offense a bit, so if this scenario occurs you have an attractive offensive situation a QB would want to come to. 

i think this is sliding toward the awful takes on the NBA these days, and we really need to remember that NFL is a team game. Brady is nowhere if that Bucs defense isn't stellar yesterday.

that being said, looking at Hurts yesterday, he takes some blame. but i like to think if some of the easily fixable mistakes were not present. Let's say the goofy Kelce holding penalty, and Goedert catches that pass that hits him in his hands, and Raegor doesn't muff that punt, does Hurts look better overall yesterday?

i say yes. he has some culpability, and needs to improve on his play. but i will be maddeningly frustrated if the Eagles sacrifice the future assets they got with those 1st round picks and the salary cap they finally seem to have built into a better situation, by getting an old veteran QB that will cost a ton against the salary cap and force us to give up the future assets. 

Not saying Hurts is the future at all, but i would hold off on any panic move either. he is an NFL QB, and the team isn't a top QB away from getting to the Super Bowl. Build your other areas of need, and if Hurts sucks next year then you have your 1st round pick (ideally 2 because i for one am all for trading one of their picks this year for an addl. pick next year), and will presumably have cap room to get a QB if you desperately need one. build up the offense a bit, so if this scenario occurs you have an attractive offensive situation a QB would want to come to. 
Pretty much where I am too. Cut the dumbasses, cut some losses on players perhaps, and trading is what Howie loves to do. Should be an exciting offseason given how much cap space we "should" have and the trio of 1st rounders. 

And it's amazing how fast things change. I remember just a couple years ago someone who was Giants or WFT fan commented something like, "At least you have a solid QB for the next five years or so."

He was referring to Wentz.

We probably did but we screwed that up big time. 

We probably did but we screwed that up big time. 
it's hard to say. at that time, with the info we as fans had, i still think it was the right call and he got him for cheaper than siilar QBs in similar situations. 

where the screw up would have been is if the Eagles team and front office had any inkling that Wentz would be where he is now, and if they had hints that he was, for lack of better word, "soft" with getting so offended with Howie grabbing Hurts, and all the locker room talk and rumors with him not throwing to WRs, etc. 

either way, glad the mistake was fixed pretty quickly. looking at most other teams, their biggest downfall is not taking the big hits like Howie does to fix those errors faster. Rams did well getting off Goff, and we all saw what that cost. but countless other teams have those errors and make them worse by not taking an immediate loss to fix it in the long run

Rams
Cardinals
Bears
Bucs?

Cowboys
Eagles
Falcons
Giants?

Packers
Vikings
Lions
Niners
Seahawks
WFT
Saints
Panthers
Cowboys have Dak for at least 3 years. 5th day of 2022 league year, an additional 31 mil guarantees. They had to include 2 void years to spread out the hit. The dead money if they got rid of him sooner would be crippling. They might kick the can further down the road and convert 2022 base to bonus.

The problem with Hurts and what many people have is that he keeps making the same mistakes week in and week out. Theres only so many times he and the coaches can explain why he missed wide open players each week on plays most QBs make. It's not like we're talking easy fixes or things that can be fixed here. There's only so much we can do about his arm strength, so much you can do with a guy at this stage teaching him pre and post snap reads etc. I think NBCPhilly said it best in an article after the game. Hurts is good enough we don't have to reach for a QB or pay big for one but at the same time if one falls in our lap this year we should take it. Hurts is good enough and we are at a point still we can wait till '23 to draft his replacement. 

It's more about the countless mistakes he continues to make and many aren't easy fixes or can't be fixed at all. There's a reason this guys projections at this level were all over the map. The good thing is we aren't married to this situation. 

it's hard to say. at that time, with the info we as fans had, i still think it was the right call and he got him for cheaper than siilar QBs in similar situations. 

where the screw up would have been is if the Eagles team and front office had any inkling that Wentz would be where he is now, and if they had hints that he was, for lack of better word, "soft" with getting so offended with Howie grabbing Hurts, and all the locker room talk and rumors with him not throwing to WRs, etc. 

either way, glad the mistake was fixed pretty quickly. looking at most other teams, their biggest downfall is not taking the big hits like Howie does to fix those errors faster. Rams did well getting off Goff, and we all saw what that cost. but countless other teams have those errors and make them worse by not taking an immediate loss to fix it in the long run

I'm just going off what I know from publicly and what I've been told by people including my Coworkers son. My understanding was the Eagles did want to keep Wentz because most of the ORG didn't see Hurts as a Future QB and they didn't want to trade Wentz without proper compensation and wanting too or having a replacement. Hurts was only drafted by Howie to please Pederson who was now no longer coaching the team.  Lurie apparently had numerous talks with Carson and his agent but they all came away with mutual understanding maybe a trade was best for everyone. So you had a QB who no longer wanted to be here plus a guy you drafted for your HC who's now fired because your GM and coach can't get along so the GM made a peace offering (This is why I hate moves like that). That's not a great situation to be in. 

Then you had coaches not being held accountable like Schwartz and others and then your OC/QB coach was more interested in being players best friends instead of coaching them. Lurie fired Doug because he saw he got burnt out and needed to save him as he has a lot of respect for Doug. I think we'll see if Doug gets another HC job a rejuvenated DP and a guy in a few yrs we're all saying "why didn't it work here?". 

There was a lot of issues going on at the time. Better situation I think it works out. I didn't even go into keeping guys who wanted to lead a mutiny on the QB and made up BS in the media to make him look way worse either. There were just a lot of problems overall. I think the one that pO'd me the most is countless people telling me about how lazy Schwartz got and how he fell asleep in his office when he was suppose to be coaching and such. And then the news of him wanting to retire for health reasons was an Urban Meyer excuse. In hindsight Lurie should've fired JS after the SB. 

I won't spend more time then I have too because at this point we're all just rehashing points already made. However it was a mess. We probably will never know but I think with better coaching and putting the right guys around there things could've turned a lot better. I love that team who won the SB but man there are a ton of egos on that team and a few rats and snakes too. A few even surprised me. Most are no longer on the team though thankfully. 

For us hoping Hurts can develop into a "Dak-level" QB - Is that what we want? Dak seems like a fine youngish QB, but the same issues that plagued him early still plague him now (accuracy) and still has to rely on his legs to get him into the next tier or 2 of QB's  - basically both QB's are less effective as pocket only QB's. 

Now I do think Jalen can improve for sure, but if his max ceiling is Dak (I know some are hoping for Russ wilson development eventually), I'm not sure i"m comfortable with that each year in/out. Would rather just tear it down early vs finding out too late.

Just playing some Devil's Advocate here. 

There's guys on this team I'd love to get rid of. One of them everyone knows but even I said because of limited options I'm ok with him here one more year. But we can all agree Jalen Reagor needs to be sent his walking papers. I was never impressed with him going back to college. Thought his production was based on a gimmicky conference and one of those better numbers in college then NFL guys. He doesn't look comfortable returning punts nor as a WR. I could at least defend Nelson Agholar a bit because he had some good jumps from years 1 and 2 and then the 3rd year. Reagor has gone down hill. he does nothing well. I wouldn't flat out cut him but I'd also check the trade market and see if a team bites. Get us another draft pick and create more roster space to get an impact WR either draft or FA. With a rebuilding team I'm perfectly fine taking Williams from Alabama despite his ACL injury. Even if he doesn't play year 1 we have a really good player cheaper than the others. 

I love Cox but it's time to move on. A trade would be great. I think Brandon Brooks is done here depending what they do in FA and draft and maybe a post June cut for him. 

I'd like to keep Stephon Nelson and draft a young guy but I think Nelson will played his way off the team with the $$$ he'll command. SIposs was our best player for the first half of the year. I'd bring in some competition for camp and preseason and if he's still bad we got a replacement hopefully but I wouldn't flat out cut him yet. 

Anthony Harris was a decent player. I liked the comparison I heard on The Painted Lines Pod but he's a younger better Tackler then Harrison Smith his teammate in MINN. Neither is a great cover safety but physical. I'd keep him and get another guy. McLeod I think is our new Jenkins for now. He's still good enough but we need a replacement sooner or later. Our DB's need to get younger. 

Barnett can honestly go. Sick and tired of this guys stupidity week in and week out. Unless he's signing on a cheap 2 year deal or something he can leave. 

Get me a a CB and S, grab me some LBs and some OK guys, a few Edge rushers and another impact WR and I'll call it a successful offseason. FA or Draft doesn't matter. 

For us hoping Hurts can develop into a "Dak-level" QB - Is that what we want? Dak seems like a fine youngish QB, but the same issues that plagued him early still plague him now (accuracy) and still has to rely on his legs to get him into the next tier or 2 of QB's  - basically both QB's are less effective as pocket only QB's. 

Now I do think Jalen can improve for sure, but if his max ceiling is Dak (I know some are hoping for Russ wilson development eventually), I'm not sure i"m comfortable with that each year in/out. Would rather just tear it down early vs finding out too late.

I think the realistic is maybe Prescott. I think anyone looking at Russ level production is kidding themselves. I've heard people say he's similar to McNabb which I see but he's a poor man's version of the player McNabb was in the long run. 

I’d take Dak over Hurts in a minute. I don’t put a lot of blame on Dak for yesterdays game either. Their mental errors and OL lost them that game. 

You seem to be a big fan of “tear it down” when it comes to players and coaches as well. You have to let it play out and see at least a little bit. At the same time I saw a HC that was limited with his QB against TB. He couldn’t rely on him to make easy decisions and get the ball out on time. Hurts will have to make BIG strides in the passing game and I don’t know that he can. There’s a year of tape on him now. Can he overcome his short comings and adjust to new game plans against him?

Im still here and can’t see myself moving from it for a bit:

1. I’m ok with him being the starter next year but I’m not expecting any playoff wins. 

2. Would take Watson if the offer was decent  

3. I’m good if they want to take a Picket/Ridder/Strong but ONLY if they fall. 

Im not locked into any of these. 

Via John Kryk:

Another fun one 

Playoff wins in last 25 seasons:

Jake Delhomme (5)

Trent Dilfer (5)

Mark Sanchez (4)

Brad Johnson (4)

Colin Kaepernick (4)

Dallas Cowboys (3)

I’d take Dak over Hurts in a minute. I don’t put a lot of blame on Dak for yesterdays game either. Their mental errors and OL lost them that game. 

You seem to be a big fan of “tear it down” when it comes to players and coaches as well. You have to let it play out and see at least a little bit. At the same time I saw a HC that was limited with his QB against TB. He couldn’t rely on him to make easy decisions and get the ball out on time. Hurts will have to make BIG strides in the passing game and I don’t know that he can. There’s a year of tape on him now. Can he overcome his short comings and adjust to new game plans against him?

Im still here and can’t see myself moving from it for a bit:

1. I’m ok with him being the starter next year but I’m not expecting any playoff wins. 

2. Would take Watson if the offer was decent  

3. I’m good if they want to take a Picket/Ridder/Strong but ONLY if they fall. 

Im not locked into any of these. 
Fair assessment. I'm just a day early is better than a day late guy. So I would tend to lean toward a more tear it down approach vs "lets see what happens' depending on what information we have.

With that said, yeah we can't change the QB + Coach after one year. You need continuity in this sport above all is most cases. 

And not looking for blame or whatever for Dak. I think at this point he is what he is. A guy that can toss out very good passing numbers, assuming he has a bunch of #1 targets to throw to. He really destroys bad teams. For his career though, I can't think of a signature win. I guess that one playoff game one time a few years ago. We know this franchise is overall hamstrung by the top down decision making. 

My point basically is comparing development vs expectations. Dak is great at scoring points and the regular season. Not elite, at this point, I think its safe to say he never *will be* elite, but a guy that is upper echelon for sure. By all accounts, he is a prett good leader. 

But not a chance Jalen every would sympathize with bums throwing trash at refs. 

Users who are viewing this thread