What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022-23 NBA Thread: “you’ll never let me down like the Heat did”, Miami fan says to giant pile of cocaine (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, though...lost 5 years off my life tonight.

Up 9 with 3 to play to down 1 with 3 seconds.

They did the same typical stupid offense down the stretch and got flummoxed by the zone (again).

Really only Duncan Robinson missing 2 wide open 3's won the game.

Boston couldn't hit a 3, a major weapon, but still won.
Bam & Butler underperformed and they were 0.1 second away from winning.
Game 7 will be intense. In Boston, intuitively I think the Celtics take it but their playoff record at home hasn't been impressive this year. Would like to see history made.

>>Spo, on Boston's game winner: That’s the only place it could have bounced to hurt us. Sometimes things don’t break your way. I don’t think there are any regrets on that. It’s just a shame. This is the way this season has been. It’s been one hell of a series."

More Spoelstra: "I don’t know [how] we’re going to get this done, but we’re going to go up there and get it done. There has been nothing easy for this group. We’ll have to do it the hard way. We wish we could tip off [Game 7] right now.”<<

I guess it’ll be swept under the rug with White’s winning shot but what an awful challenge on the previous play. Potentially go from OT to losing the series. Mazzula needs to thank White for saving his job.
Wouldn't they have reviewed the two vs three anyway?

>>Spo, on Boston's game winner: That’s the only place it could have bounced to hurt us.
That isn't even close to correct.
  1. It could have gone in and almost did.
  2. Tatum was flying past the other side of the rim at the same time as White.
Only way Boston doesn't get a chance to tip it in is if it hangs too long or bounces long off the rim.

I guess it’ll be swept under the rug with White’s winning shot but what an awful challenge on the previous play. Potentially go from OT to losing the series. Mazzula needs to thank White for saving his job.
I suppose but it didn’t seem like that was in question until the play was challenged and they looked at the tape.

Crazy how all Straus has to do is watch his guy and they're in the NBA Finals, and now likely out of it.
Is he to blame or was that the coaching plan for the play? Straus was trying to keep the ball out of Tatum's hands and once the ball came in he was nowhere near White. He wasn't face guarding the inbound pass, he was playing a centerfield, that seems like a coaches decision that led him to be out of place.

Boston favoured by 8 points on Monday. Looks like we've got our firsts team down 0-3 that won the series. Crazy.

Crazy how all Straus has to do is watch his guy and they're in the NBA Finals, and now likely out of it.
Is he to blame or was that the coaching plan for the play? Straus was trying to keep the ball out of Tatum's hands and once the ball came in he was nowhere near White. He wasn't face guarding the inbound pass, he was playing a centerfield, that seems like a coaches decision that led him to be out of place.

He didn't mention Strus by name, but Spoelstra said that was their primary goal, to not let Tatum get the ball

Pure torture watching these last 3 games
If it's torture maybe you should take a game off.
Who are you again?
I don't know what this means.

He thinks he is above us.

Let's not let a missed box out take away from the fact that Duncan "$18M salary this year" Robinson missed 2 very open 3s that would have essentially ended the game.

True, but he also made some shots to help them get back into it. There is a reason he doesn't play when the Heat are healthy.

Let's be real here, the Heat have fought (despite what one poster says), and clawed all playoffs to get here and the fact is they are injured and they are outgunned. Usually being outgunned gets you bounced early, and very rarely gets title.

What a wild game. What a wild series. I know this is going to be an unpopular take—but I can’t get on board with Duncan Robinson being the reason why the Heat lost last night. Duncan Robinson was one of the ONLY reasons why the Heat even had a remote chance of winning last night. He had the best +/- on the Heat last night, and frankly Bam and Jimmy combining to go 9-37 from the field in a close out game at home can’t be overlooked. Even though the Heat are the inferior team— if we’re calling Jimmy Butler elite—- him going 5-21 last night, and him only scoring 14 points in game 5 is hard to overlook. Beating any team 4 straight times is not easy. If the Celtics manage to do it-—and if Butler doesn’t ball out game 7–I hate to say it— it’ll be hard for him to avoid getting labeled a choker. Jimmy Butler played well for about 4-5 minutes last night. It was enough to make the game interesting and to take them to the edge of winning—but he and Bam played like garbage for the majority of last nights game.

What a wild game. What a wild series. I know this is going to be an unpopular take—but I can’t get on board with Duncan Robinson being the reason why the Heat lost last night. Duncan Robinson was one of the ONLY reasons why the Heat even had a remote chance of winning last night. He had the best +/- on the Heat last night, and frankly Bam and Jimmy combining to go 9-37 from the field in a close out game at home can’t be overlooked. Even though the Heat are the inferior team— if we’re calling Jimmy Butler elite—- him going 5-21 last night, and him only scoring 14 points in game 5 is hard to overlook. Beating any team 4 straight times is not easy. If the Celtics manage to do it-—and if Butler doesn’t ball out game 7–I hate to say it— it’ll be hard for him to avoid getting labeled a choker. Jimmy Butler played well for about 4-5 minutes last night. It was enough to make the game interesting and to take them to the edge of winning—but he and Bam played like garbage for the majority of last nights game.
Butler's been carrying the team on his back the entire playoffs. Nobody is going to call him a choker after one bad game.

Butler's been carrying the team on his back the entire playoffs. Nobody is going to call him a choker after one bad game.
In last years post-season, Butler had help from Oladipo, Tucker, and some minutes from Herro. In the 2023 playoff, they've been replaced by Love and Zeller.

I suppose but it didn’t seem like that was in question until the play was challenged and they looked at the tape.
That play would have been 1000% reviewed to see whether it was a two or three. Mazulla knew that so in fact it was a great challenge with really nothing to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread