What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Las Vegas Raiders (3 Viewers)

DC said he was trying to be too aggressive.
I kind of find it funny... for so long the whining was about him not being aggressive enough and game 1 into the season when he really went aggressive (to a fault) all the whiners about him not checking it start whining about him being too aggressive.

1 game. It is one game against an extremely good defense. On top of that a new system and not playing in pre-season at all.

I am interested to see the game tomorrow... maybe there is something for me to see that will turn me into a chicken little and join the whiners but I am really going to want to see what we do in more than 1 game to make any real judgements about anything.

One thing is very plain from what I can see from the highlights.... Adams is a weapon that there seemed to be no defense against. Every highlight I saw he was open. The only one that the defender had stayed with him at all was actually the TD catch.

Maybe watch the game before you start hurling insults. Check out the game highlights and that all-22 footage tweet I posted upthread as a good preview. No one has said Carr should be benched. Or that he sucks. Only that he sucked last weekend. He did. It's okay. It was the first game in a new offense against a good team in a high pressure division game without a single preseason snap. Carr's been good/great in the past. I'm still optimistic he'll be so in the future, FTR. But just as it's fair to crown his *** when he plays well, it's also fair to call him out when he's the single biggest reason the team loses a game.
The insult only fits if it fits and was not intended for any specific individual. If you feel that was directed at you then you need to have a conversation with yourself and figure out why you feel that way.

I don't need to see the game to see the reaction of some so called Raiders fans. For years, all we heard was crap about being check down charlie blah blah blah Carr sucks. One game in to a new season which he was very aggressive and it bit him hard and the same people are now attacking him for being too aggressive. If you whined about that before and whining now about one game of him being too aggressive then yes, I am talking about you but not you personally, you as an archetype. The type of person that is always going to be jump on the negative without any consideration of context or judgement outside of the emotional reaction. If that isn't you then why are you offended?

I am about to watch the game right now... but before I do, here is what I KNOW. The Dolts are one of the best teams in the league. We know that and we know the other two teams are also extremely good teams and before we even played game 1 we knew we would lose some division games. It is going to be rough and it is going to be hard. This will not be the last divisional game we lose this season. The Dolts have two game wreckers on the line and more playmakers on defense. We know the Oline is a weak point on this team. We know this is a new system. We know that clear stars did not play a snap in the preseason. We know that it was one game and we have a season to play.

The insult only fits if it fits and was not intended for any specific individual. If you feel that was directed at you then you need to have a conversation with yourself and figure out why you feel that way.

Your biting words seemed directed at anyone criticizing Carr or the Raiders this week - as per usual.

Carr played poorly and even as his fan, I'm willing to admit it and analyze why/how. It's okay. 1 of 17. I'm optimistic he'll be better for the experience. Even great players have bad days.

Derek Carr had the NFL's best DYAR on throws to his right, going 12-of-15 for 145 yards and a TD. He had the NFL's worst DYAR on throws to his left, going 5-of-15 for 80 yards with a TD and 2 INTs.
:ponder:

got me hyped for week 2 :-)

Interesting stat.

BTW, thanks for introducing me to @bigcory00's content. That dude is hilarious.

"This different. This the hoe-*** Cardinals. My score prediction is the Raiders win 38-33. We let 'em score way too many points, bruh, just b/c we lettin' that little bitty-*** mu'****a run around" :lmao:

carr can shut up all his doubters at anytime by playing better, scoring touch downs and winning games.

herbert was pressured more and played better. herb avoided sacks instead of folding up like a pizza box carr style.

carr can outplay murray this weekend.

Nichols looking to play nice inside early.

First sack was not on the line or Carr, it was Jacobs with poor pass pro.

Parham started. Did not know this. Even the graphics had Cotton/Simpson starting for the Raiders.

Jacobs would have early TD if his foot didn't slide when he stuck to turn inside. 3-4 on passes for Carr on 3rd down with the only miss a pass that was off but catchable and Waller dropped in the end zone. Two near misses that ended in a 4 point difference to start. The first drive, the Oline played well enough to win games in the NFL with this offense. Ended in a FG but not on them.

Hobbs and Crosby are in or near every freaking defensive play. STUDS

Bad call on Cle/Hobbs to give the Dolts more advantage from a late sort of slide from Herbie being called. If not for that, no TD. I am liking what I am seeing from the defense. Some penetration/push from the middle. One early play on the drive, someone (could not see the jersey but came from the inside) broke through and chased Herbie. Only a few QB's in the league would have made that play (3 of them in our division and add in Allen and Rodgers... the rest would have been sacked or took off running).

Second sack Mack just bull rushed Eluemanor right into Carr. Tough to block that when he sets you up for that. Great play by Mack and Carr had no chance.

Cle close to making a big TFL. If he was able to cut just a bit he could have hit the RB as he took in the pitch, maybe even causing a fumble. Very close.

Great play construction by the Dolts for a 1st. Moved the whole defensive with what looked like a naked boot but Herbie didn't run it just left a nice slant open. Followed by a deep strike that Herbie got flushed and threw a nice ball deep with Abrams right there.

3rd sack was a coverage sack. Carr started to make a run for it but Mack was there. We won't see many of those this year. Then the forced ball that was underthrown. If on target it would have gone for a big gain even with the triple coverage.

At half, what I see is two good teams going at it. The line wasn't horrible like I expected to see based on comments. No one was. A few plays here and there that could have gone with way by a matter of a fraction of an inch. I would have liked to seen McDaniels be aggressive and see if they could generate a FG before half.

James blew up a play all by himself blitzing in.

Carr's throw to Bolden for the TD was nice. I think I saw someone say something negative about it. I don't understand why. Perfect play and perfect float for Bolden where there was no risk and only chance of a TD which we got. He threw it under pressure as well.

Munford is a mauler at RT. He came in and had three great run blocking plays.

Renfrow went down on what would have been a decent catch and conversion on 3rd. Then he catches, fumbles and recovers for a 1st.

That reverse call looks like it was suppose to be a trick play pass for Adams to Renfrow that just got blown up. Not a fan of that call.... then again, that is one of those calls that if you pull off everyone would call it genius. Ends up having us take a FG after a swing pass to the flat to get a few more yards.

Run defense looked solid. The Dolts didn't even try to attack on the ground much. Ekelar ended under 3 yards a carry IIRC.

Carr INT was there not totally open but NFL open, Carr just was not on target underthrowing it.

Almost had a safety from Jones. Jones didn't have any great plays and can play better but I have seen him around the ball. It looked to me that he had contain often and that may have slowed his pass rush with the concern that Herbie can flush and run.

Into the 4th getting a false start with a loud crowd.... at an "away" game. Love it.

Odd on the switch from Elemanur and Munford. I didn't see anything negative from either to say "switch them out". Elamaneur gave up the bull rush sack but that was it.

Ooooof. Carr's third TD was a bad, bad, bad decision. I don't know what he thought he saw. Bad decision period and if you are going to throw that you need to rocket it in there and not give any touch on it.

Our end zone game it going to be good this year. Hard to stop Adams/Renfrow down there when they can open up quick. If not for the false start- a good chance we would have converted that 2 points. That false start was the first penalty mistake I can remember.

Mack did what Mack does.

The game I saw was two very good teams. We were in it and we could have easily won the game as much as the Dolts won it. You play that same game over 100 times and I think about 50 would be us winning and 50 them. The line didn't play nearly as bad as I expected from the comments. Carr can and will play better than he did. He was a little off on a couple of throws and made a very bad decision on one INT. The defense held up well against a potent Dolt team. Hobbs and Crosby will make tons of plays for us this season. Abram played well, I didn't see him out of position at all. We got some things done inside on the line. I see tons of reason for optimism and very little for chicken little crying. My concern was mostly if Jones is on more of a decline that we hoped or was he slowed by assignment on defense? I would like to see Jacobs get going more. Interested to see if they have Abdullah come in more with Bolden out. Parham likely to move to C and Cotton come in, will that be an issue? Interesting RT with Munford and Elamanur.

Close. We lost to a very good team. Let's play this next game!!!

Your biting words seemed directed at anyone criticizing Carr or the Raiders this week - as per usual.

Carr played poorly and even as his fan, I'm willing to admit it and analyze why/how. It's okay. 1 of 17. I'm optimistic he'll be better for the experience. Even great players have bad days.
I don't care to keep a notebook and I am too old to track who said what with my memory. It was directed at seeing comments (not here) like "Carr sucks, they need to bench him and start Stidham" seriously... you know this moron has been crying about check downs for years and then now is crying about being too aggressive. I just really dislike the win- yea I am a fan and the loss- you suck! crap. Social media is the suck.

Carr didn't play to his level he can and will. No doubt. He had one epic bad read/decision for the INT on an attempt to Renfrow late. That was uncharacteristic of him. The other two INT's were off target throws. Even the one where Waller was bracketed and had someone under neath was a throw he makes 29 out of 30 times. He was a bit more aggressive than usual but not outside of his ability. He had maybe 4 or 5 off throws in the game and two of them happened to be INT's. He can and will play better but he didn't play nearly as bad as some are making it out to be.

The line didn't play nearly as bad as I expected from the comments.
I was actually about to post that the O line didn't play nearly as bad as some have thought. They didn't play great, but they weren't horrible either. I thought they played well enough for this team to win games.
I saw Lombardi compliment the line in how they played. I was fully expecting, based on the comments here, to blast the crap out of him for making ridiculous coach speak comments that were off base. No, I agreed with his assessment. Did they dominate? No. Did they get dominated? No. The Dolts are going to have success on defense all year long. The number of sacks was high but they basically made the absolute most of their chances while the Raiders just missed on their chances.

Watching the All-22 Film of all seven sacks...

1st & 10 at LV 36
(8:20 - 1st)
- six-man rush (3 DL + Mack/Bosa + James), with left side Mack/James overload. Play called was play action up the gut with Jacobs/Johnson. Jacobs reads blitz and smartly abandons PA to take on James. Goes low, when he should've gone right into James' chest. James hurdles him and then crashes on Carr who is staring down a late developing route by Adams. No hot read by Carr, Adams or Waller.

Blame: 65% Jacobs for a **** block. 20% Carr for not feeling the pressure and getting rid of it. 15% McD for not having a hot route built into every play during obvious overload blitzes. Adams with a 9 yd pre-snap cushion to stop his route. Waller could have broken his route outside instead of dragging across heavy traffic in the middle.

3rd & 7 at LV 48
(7:33 - 2nd)
- five-man DL presnap w/both 3-4 ends standing and Mack/Bosa in 3pt stances outside; right DE drops into shallow coverage on snap, and Waller's corner cover with an immediate blitz. Eleumenor bull rushed by Mack right into Carr. Waller WIDE open across the middle at the sticks. Carr looking right his way, but doesn't fire.

Blame: 75% Carr, 25% Eleumenor. Gotta take the 1st down throw to your stud TE when you see it. Pull the trigger. It's 3rd and semi long, so you know they are coming hot.

1st & 10 at LV 28
(1:38 - 2nd)
- four-man DL presnap, with ILB Fackrell showing possible blitz, which he drops off into coverage upon snap. All receivers covered. Bolden and Miller with a bad combo block on Mack. Bolden starts off walling 52, but as he releases into his route, Miller lets Mack slip inside in between them and he crashes on Carr from behind just as DC is about to scramble into a wide open lane.

Blame: 100% Miller

1st & 10 at LAC 25
(3:07 - 3rd)
- Devonte sack on botched reverse. Play designed for Waller and Carr to block Bosa, who manhandles both before manhandling DA.

Blame: 100% McDaniels

3rd & 3 at LV 40
(2:40 - 4th)
- four-man standard rush. Carr stares down Renfrow for what seemed like ages. Hollins wide open across the middle; Devante facing single defender with a 9yd presnap cushion breaks open with a 5 yd out route to the right. All while Carr continued to wait for Renfrow to break open on left. He finally does, but by then Carr has finally shifted his read to Hollins who is now double covered. Devante still wide open on the right with a huge passing lane available. Carr slides left and is sacked.

Blame: 1000% Carr

4th & 8 at LV 35
(2:00 - 4th)
- five-man rush with good coverage. Bosa quickly beats Munford and pressures Carr's right. Waller is covered but open for a tight throw up the middle seam. Carr sees him, but doesn't pull trigger due to feeling Bosa's rush. Steps up but RG is getting pushed back into pocket so he slides left and into Mack.

Blame: 70% Munford, 15% RG, 14% McD for not having a better route for Hollins on the left - he ran a go against soft single coverage past the sticks. 1% Carr for not making a super-human throw to Waller in the split second he evaded Bosa. It's a throw Herbert made a few times in this game.

---

Overall, the OL didn't play too bad on these six sacks. I only blame them for two of them. Can't speak for the rest of the pressures or the INTs. They may have been culpable on those.

Last edited:
I don't care to keep a notebook and I am too old to track who said what with my memory. It was directed at seeing comments (not here) like "Carr sucks, they need to bench him and start Stidham" seriously... you know this moron has been crying about check downs for years and then now is crying about being too aggressive. I just really dislike the win- yea I am a fan and the loss- you suck! crap. Social media is the suck.
If you don't keep a notebook then how do you know what morons cry about what? I find your posts intolerable with your absolutes and blanket statements and the level of vitriol that you spew. It's unnecessary and divisive to fellow fans. If people want to have different opinions let them and quit attacking us for it.

If you don't keep a notebook then how do you know what morons cry about what? I find your posts intolerable with your absolutes and blanket statements and the level of vitriol that you spew. It's unnecessary and divisive to fellow fans. If people want to have different opinions let them and quit attacking us for it.
We`re all on the same team guys, we all want the same things .

peace...and a Superbowl :shades:

I too get annoyed sometimes by Chad's seeming blind homerism and vitriolic responses to those who dare criticize what is clearly an org that has deserved plenty of criticism in our lifetime. But at the same time I appreciate his passion and commitment to the S&B. We could all do better (not just in this thead but in life) to treat those with differing opinions with patience and respect, no matter how crazy they might seem to us in the moment. Chad's not unique there at all. I've been just as guilty (and way more) many many times. We all have. Head high and next play to all of us.

Back to the topic of this past weekend's Carr/Raiders performance, Carl Cockerham just put out a follow up Carr and Raider OL week 1 analysis vid. This one is way more detailed than the last one I posted and well worth the follow up watch. All is far from bleak after week 1. Go kick some little bitty red-bird *** this weekend and get right, Raiders!

Thanks for your feedback.

I don't keep a notebook. I don't even attempt to keep a mental notebook. I could not tell you a single thing about you saying one thing or another about Carr. Likely the only other poster I could say of who I think of their position would be @DA RAIDERS because we have gone back and forth so much. I talk about the general comments I see. It is hilarious to me to see comments for years about Carr sucking because of checking down all the time and then one game into a new season how he sucks for being too aggressive. So, I talked about that. If you feel that it an attack on you... that is on you and your own conscious. I really have no clue of what you or doc or law think about Carr, either positive or negative. (The other two names to like your post are so new to me that I don't really recognize their names) because I just don't recall who writes what. I have a hard enough time remembering things that actually matter in life to try to eat up memory storage with that stuff.

I have never attacked anyone personally here (well, besides that one KC fan that likes to come in and troll once in a while). I talk in general terms about what I see of some fans. It may not even be comments that I see here. It is not intended for you or anyone here. If you take it personally, then it is on you. If you find my posts intolerable with vitriol and spew and being divisive etc then I am sure there is an ignore function on the new board. The only thing I said was about whining and whiners. First, if you take it that you are the one whining and a whiner then again, that is on you. I promise you I did not write that for anyone here. As you might be able to surmise, I read a lot about the Raiders in articles and different social media. When I post my thoughts here I am talking about all of that. I can't help it if you think you are one of them. Second, if whiners and whining equals my being a board Nazi... I don't know what to tell you, I think that is actually pretty tame. Third, I am passionate about the Raiders and that passion comes out in ways that may seem aggressive. Finally, this is written communication. So, if you think of me a certain way and have taken comments personally, then I think you are likely pouring more meaning into them than is actually there.

I am not going to apologize for anything because I don't feel like I have done anything that needs to be apologized for. I do feel bad that you feel like I have attacked you because I never meant to or tried to or wanted you, Hankmoody, to feel that like I was. I am of the age that I don't care what you, or most people actually, think of me as I have a very small group of people that I do care for that it matters to me, but I definitely never wanted to make you feel like I was attacking you in any way and it sucks that you do.

Hopefully that clears things up but if not, seriously do feel free to find that ignore button. It won't hurt my feelings if you do. And I say that with a smile... and not a screw you smile but a "I wish you the best" smile and am perfectly happy for you to do what you feel like you need to do... hitting the ignore button, ignoring me by skipping my posts or maybe adjusting how you read my posts to not take them personally or even "Hey Chad, that is harsh, do you really think people saying he was too aggressive are whiners?" "Not specially, Hank, I just think there are people out there that were for years saying how we needed to get rid of Carr because he sucked and the big argument was that he checked down a lot.... and find it funny as heck that now one game in, it is about he sucks because he was too aggressive.... if someone has made both arguments, then it may be that they are just negative for negative sakes." "Well Chad, I don't think so because..." Heck, you can even call me out and say "Chad, are they really whiners?" and I may still say yes but happy to explain why I say that. You could also say "Chad, are you calling me a whiner" and in this case my answer would be a question back of "well.... did you complain about him checking down a lot before?" and for from there. Whatever works or doesn't work for you or anyone else who liked you post. I just don't see me changing and I have a clear conscious about it.

Last edited:
I too get annoyed sometimes by Chad's seeming blind homerism and vitriolic responses to those who dare criticize what is clearly an org that has deserved plenty of criticism in our lifetime. But at the same time I appreciate his passion and commitment to the S&B. We could all do better (not just in this thead but in life) to treat those with differing opinions with patience and respect, no matter how crazy they might seem to us in the moment. Chad's not unique there at all. I've been just as guilty (and way more) many many times. We all have. Head high and next play to all of us.

Back to the topic of this past weekend's Carr/Raiders performance, Carl Cockerham just put out a follow up Carr and Raider OL week 1 analysis vid. This one is way more detailed than the last one I posted and well worth the follow up watch. All is far from bleak after week 1. Go kick some little bitty red-bird *** this weekend and get right, Raiders!

Blind homerism? I like to call it thoughtfully loyal fandom.

That Chef vs Dolt game is pretty much what we can expect.... just like our game against the Dolts. Tough games that good games and a play here or there going a different way means the W/L swings back from where it was before.

It will be interesting to see how bad that injury to Herbie is. He looked like her was in a ton of pain and it was amazing he got the ball down the field like he did even if it was not enough.

The Chefs are still very, very, very good (as is the Dolts and the Donkeys) but they aren't the same team without Hill. If Jones has gas left in him and we can pressure Mahomes with 4 and drop everyone else back, we can contain them and their D isn't as good as the Dolts.

I don't keep a notebook. I don't even attempt to keep a mental notebook. I could not tell you a single thing about you saying one thing or another about Carr. Likely the only other poster I could say of who I think of their position would be @DA RAIDERS because we have gone back and forth so much. I talk about the general comments I see. It is hilarious to me to see comments for years about Carr sucking because of checking down all the time and then one game into a new season how he sucks for being too aggressive. So, I talked about that. If you feel that it an attack on you... that is on you and your own conscious. I really have no clue of what you or doc or law think about Carr, either positive or negative. (The other two names to like your post are so new to me that I don't really recognize their names) because I just don't recall who writes what. I have a hard enough time remembering things that actually matter in life to try to eat up memory storage with that stuff.

I have never attacked anyone personally here (well, besides that one KC fan that likes to come in and troll once in a while). I talk in general terms about what I see of some fans. It may not even be comments that I see here. It is not intended for you or anyone here. If you take it personally, then it is on you. If you find my posts intolerable with vitriol and spew and being divisive etc then I am sure there is an ignore function on the new board. The only thing I said was about whining and whiners. First, if you take it that you are the one whining and a whiner then again, that is on you. I promise you I did not write that for anyone here. As you might be able to surmise, I read a lot about the Raiders in articles and different social media. When I post my thoughts here I am talking about all of that. I can't help it if you think you are one of them. Second, if whiners and whining equals my being a board Nazi... I don't know what to tell you, I think that is actually pretty tame. Third, I am passionate about the Raiders and that passion comes out in ways that may seem aggressive. Finally, this is written communication. So, if you think of me a certain way and have taken comments personally, then I think you are likely pouring more meaning into them than is actually there.

I am not going to apologize for anything because I don't feel like I have done anything that needs to be apologized for. I do feel bad that you feel like I have attacked you because I never meant to or tried to or wanted you, Hankmoody, to feel that like I was. I am of the age that I don't care what you, or most people actually, think of me as I have a very small group of people that I do care for that it matters to me, but I definitely never wanted to make you feel like I was attacking you in any way and it sucks that you do.

Hopefully that clears things up but if not, seriously do feel free to find that ignore button. It won't hurt my feelings if you do. And I say that with a smile... and not a screw you smile but a "I wish you the best" smile and am perfectly happy for you to do what you feel like you need to do... hitting the ignore button, ignoring me by skipping my posts or maybe adjusting how you read my posts to not take them personally or even "Hey Chad, that is harsh, do you really think people saying he was too aggressive are whiners?" "Not specially, Hank, I just think there are people out there that were for years saying how we needed to get rid of Carr because he sucked and the big argument was that he checked down a lot.... and find it funny as heck that now one game in, it is about he sucks because he was too aggressive.... if someone has made both arguments, then it may be that they are just negative for negative sakes." "Well Chad, I don't think so because..." Heck, you can even call me out and say "Chad, are they really whiners?" and I may still say yes but happy to explain why I say that. You could also say "Chad, are you calling me a whiner" and in this case my answer would be a question back of "well.... did you complain about him checking down a lot before?" and for from there. Whatever works or doesn't work for you or anyone else who liked you post. I just don't see me changing and I have a clear conscious about it.

All good, man. Apology accepted ;)

That Chef vs Dolt game is pretty much what we can expect.... just like our game against the Dolts. Tough games that good games and a play here or there going a different way means the W/L swings back from where it was before.

It will be interesting to see how bad that injury to Herbie is. He looked like her was in a ton of pain and it was amazing he got the ball down the field like he did even if it was not enough.

The Chefs are still very, very, very good (as is the Dolts and the Donkeys) but they aren't the same team without Hill. If Jones has gas left in him and we can pressure Mahomes with 4 and drop everyone else back, we can contain them and their D isn't as good as the Dolts.

Queefs and Dolts are top 10 NFL teams with top 3 NFL QBs. Donks are donks - especially their head coach.

I am not sure yet where the Raiders are. With 2016 Carr, they can compete with the first two. They did last weekend with a much lesser version of Carr. I think the Raiders D and (a healthy) Jacobs are severely underrated right now.

All good, man. Apology accepted ;)
Wait... you did see the part where I said I wasn't going to apologize right? Cause... I mean, happy we are all good and all but that is an important detail. I mean, if would be just like one of you whiners to take it and run like that!

(To be clear.... that was a joke. I don't want to have to write another half book to not apologize again)

Queefs and Dolts are top 10 NFL teams with top 3 NFL QBs. Donks are donks - especially their head coach.

I am not sure yet where the Raiders are. With 2016 Carr, they can compete with the first two. They did last weekend with a much lesser version of Carr. I think the Raiders D and (a healthy) Jacobs are severely underrated right now.
I think the pecking order, if you forced me to come up with one, is Dolts, Chefs, Raiders and Donkeys. What I saw from week 1 and tonight reinforced that thinking. But I think it is so close between the Dolts, Chefs and us that you could throw the names in a hat and pick one that will be the one to come out on top. I think the Donkeys are slightly behind the pack by not much and it would not surprise me to see them win the division too. I have said it a number of times, I think this is the most stacked division in the history of the NFL. I think whomever battles out of our division will fight Buffalo for the right to rep the AFC in the SB.

I think the pecking order, if you forced me to come up with one, is Dolts, Chefs, Raiders and Donkeys. What I saw from week 1 and tonight reinforced that thinking. But I think it is so close between the Dolts, Chefs and us that you could throw the names in a hat and pick one that will be the one to come out on top. I think the Donkeys are slightly behind the pack by not much and it would not surprise me to see them win the division too. I have said it a number of times, I think this is the most stacked division in the history of the NFL. I think whomever battles out of our division will fight Buffalo for the right to rep the AFC in the SB.

Queefs > Dolts > Raiders >>>> Donkies

For now. Let's talk again in six weeks about this ranking. I could easily see the top three shuffling, pending health and growth. Not liking way too much of what I saw from the orange and blue crew to think they have a chance in this gauntlet.

You mother ……….. 😂🤣🔥😎🤯🧐😉

I don't think we've seen a breakdown since he signed his extension, but Waller's new deal is very team friendly. Essentially they bumped his pay over the next two seasons from way below market to a very fair ~$12MM/yr - without a monster signing bonus, which means they can cut him with virtually zero dead cap after next season, if he busts.

In return, they get control over his career on year-to-year basis for three more years beyond that, and we no longer have to hear about how he's upset about being underpaid. It's a solid win-win deal for both sides.

YEAR AGEBASE SALARYROSTERWORKOUTRESTRUCTURECAP HITDEAD CAPYEARLY CASH
2022lv.png30$11,000,000--$165,000$11,165,000$20,075,000$11,825,000($11,825,000)
2023lv.png31$11,000,000$1,275,000$200,000$165,000$12,640,000$8,910,000$12,475,000($24,300,000)

POTENTIAL OUT: 2024, 2 YR, $24,300,000; $495,000 DEAD CAP​

2024lv.png32$10,525,000$1,275,000$200,000$165,000$12,165,000$495,000$12,000,000($36,300,000)
2025lv.png33$11,525,000$1,275,000$200,000$165,000$13,165,000$330,000$13,000,000($49,300,000)
2026lv.png34$13,525,000$1,275,000$200,000$165,000$15,165,000$165,000$15,000,000($64,300,000)
2027lv.png35UFA

I too get annoyed sometimes by Chad's seeming blind homerism and vitriolic responses...
Not calling you or anyone out just using it as an example. @Chadstroma is unquestionably, shall we say, an exuberant fan who seems to always see the glass as full and if it appears it isn't full it's because the glass is doing something wrong.

However I have never read one response from Chad and interpreted anything even remotely resembling vitriol.

Text is an imperfect medium and we don't communicate in prose, defining the intent and mindset of our protagonist. We communicate in a stream of consciousness fashion approximating speech. The reader lacks the ability to subconsciously read body language and eye contact so, as the reader, we default to our own internal processes to fill in those blind spots. This part also happens subconsciously.

My only point is I wish more people who communicate via the written word, recognize this fact and choose to give the benefit of doubt and when we question intent to default on the side of a misinterpretation coming from our side.

🧼 🧰 <<<--that's a bar of soap and a tool box

Agree that the Chiefs & Chargers look like the best teams in the division, and legitimate SB contenders, but I think all four teams have a shot at winning it. If the Broncos or Raiders win I think they would both be in the hunt for the title but more in a Bengals fashion, which was pretty awesome last year.

I too get annoyed sometimes by Chad's seeming blind homerism and vitriolic responses...
Not calling you or anyone out just using it as an example. @Chadstroma is unquestionably, shall we say, an exuberant fan who seems to always see the glass as full and if it appears it isn't full it's because the glass is doing something wrong.

However I have never read one response from Chad and interpreted anything even remotely resembling vitriol.

Text is an imperfect medium and we don't communicate in prose, defining the intent and mindset of our protagonist. We communicate in a stream of consciousness fashion approximating speech. The reader lacks the ability to subconsciously read body language and eye contact so, as the reader, we default to our own internal processes to fill in those blind spots. This part also happens subconsciously.

My only point is I wish more people who communicate via the written word, recognize this fact and choose to give the benefit of doubt and when we question intent to default on the side of a misinterpretation coming from our side.

did you just call me a tool? :boxing:

DAMNIT!!! I knew I should have gone with the bento box emoji. 🍱

Well... I mean... if the tool fits.

100% and for what it is worth, if for some reason I mean to direct something at someone, I have no problem doing that. The only person I have any recollection of having any vitriol against is the KC troll that wanders in at times (and accidentally targeted another KC fan who isn't a troll with it once) but mostly how I handle him is to skip anything posted by him, ignore and simply not respond. I don't have any vitriol for my Raider brothers and sisters even if I may belief differently. I do get that if you think of me a certain way that some of my posts may come off as veiled attacks but they aren't. Thanks for explaining what I was trying to say about that more clearly Chaka.

Also... I joke around a lot. I joke with my friends and make fun of them and they do the same to me. It is kind of like how you know a 3rd grade boy likes a girl... if he teases her a lot then you know he has a crush. That is me... except I don't have any crushes on any of you. Well... maybe @DA RAIDERS after he sends me pictures of him and scantily clad women in L.A. but that is a whole different topic.

Chargers D looks legit after keeping Mahomes somewhat in check. I think we’ll see a bounce back game from Carr this week.
No doubt. Carr doesn't throw 3 INT's. The Cards aren't near the team that the Dolts are. They have no one like Mack and Bosa and we can attack on defense. I wouldn't be overly worried if they were stocked at WR but they don't have Hopkins, they don't have Moore and they don't have Isabella. I am not worried about their offense.

Agree that the Chiefs & Chargers look like the best teams in the division, and legitimate SB contenders, but I think all four teams have a shot at winning it. If the Broncos or Raiders win I think they would both be in the hunt for the title but more in a Bengals fashion, which was pretty awesome last year.
Oh yea, forgot about the Bengals. They will be a force this year too. Buffalo is the best team in the league in my view but there are a bunch of AFC teams, including the whole West, that are inches away from there and can easily win any given Sunday. I took away from the game with the Dolts that we are indeed contenders. We were in there and could have easily one the game with one or two inches one way in our direction or one bad call not called. It was close. Carr was off on two throws like he usually isn't that leads to the INTs and had one epically bad decision which he doesnt do too that lead to the third. Another off target pass was a missed TD to Waller. He just doesn't have those every game. We can play with and beat the Dolts, Chefs, Bills and Bengals and anyone else in this league. We also can get beat by them too. There are some good teams we have to get through this year.

Hobbs is playing like an All Pro already. For all the **** that Mayock gets, he brought us two grand slam late round studs in Crosby and Hobbs. Makes me wonder how he would do if given freedom to draft who he wants in every round.
Everyone talk’s about Crosby and Renfrow but Hobbs may be their best pick and we need him more than ever. This organization has swung and missed on so many DBs.

Users who are viewing this thread