What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Las Vegas Raiders (1 Viewer)

stidham led offense lit up the niners #1 ranked defense.

too bad miller couldn't block bosa :wall:

is there anybody who truly believes carr would have had this game close? would have been another blowout loss.

one game in and this is most definitely an improvement

New QB, same outcome, yeah it’s Carr’s fault.
Side note, it looked like a 49er home game. Home field advantage is non existent

stidham led offense lit up the niners #1 ranked defense.

too bad miller couldn't block bosa :wall:

is there anybody who truly believes carr would have had this game close? would have been another blowout loss.

one game in and this is most definitely an improvement
I was impressed by Stidham. I have frequently been impressed by Carr.

Same results.

My guess is if Carr had the same performance the narrative would be about Carr blowing another game.

Side note, it looked like a 49er home game. Home field advantage is non existent
in the end the game was lost when stidham threw a pick in OT. so the loss falls to him as it would fall to carr in the same situation.

difference is carr would not have had the offense scoring touchdowns in all 4 quarters against the best defense in the league.

if only they had made the switch at the beginning of the season...

this is another blowout loss with carr at qb.

if stidham puts on another good performance next week I think it's best to ride with him next season and build the team up.

also, I don't think the niners need carr to compete for a super bowl. the guy they got in there costs less and plays about the same

in the end the game was lost when stidham threw a pick in OT. so the loss falls to him as it would fall to carr in the same situation.

difference is carr would not have had the offense scoring touchdowns in all 4 quarters against the best defense in the league.

if only they had made the switch at the beginning of the season...
To be fair I didn’t watch the game yet. All I know is a loss is a loss and Carr doesn’t have to be the scapegoat anymore. Sounds like Stidham played well for the most part, good for him.

34 points. Only 2 teams this year have scored more than 20.
The Chiefs and a fluke game from the Falcons.
So, the Falcons were a fluke but the Raiders weren't?
Check the box score of that game. Mariota 13/14 139 yds 2 pass Td's 1 rush TD/
49ers with 31 pass attempts (2 ints) and 16 rush attempts. That was week 6.
Week 7 They traded for McCaffrey, lost to the Chiefs and haven't lost since.

34 points. Only 2 teams this year have scored more than 20.
The Chiefs and a fluke game from the Falcons.
So, the Falcons were a fluke but the Raiders weren't?
Check the box score of that game. Mariota 13/14 139 yds 2 pass Td's 1 rush TD/
49ers with 31 pass attempts (2 ints) and 16 rush attempts. That was week 6.
Week 7 They traded for McCaffrey, lost to the Chiefs and haven't lost since.
Does McCaffrey play defense?

Today showed why I am in favor of moving on from Carr. Take some of his $30-40M and improve the defense. There are other guys that can play just as well or better than Carr in this offense at a lesser cost. I'm not saying Stidham is definitely the answer after one game, but someone like him or a guy on a rookie contract is a better route to try than paying Carr and having him take up that much of the cap.

Carr has his moments, but I suspect he would have taken multiple sacks today and given up on plays and had numerous throw aways.

He's not bad.

But he's not a gimmee the ball, clutch passer. He's not the late game heroics win a shootout guy. Never was.

This is the only system Stidham knows and it shows , he looks like a player to watch . Is he good enough to play in a different system? Who knows

If he looks like he did today ,next week , i think the Raiders need to use him next season, hes young and athletic , he never had a chance to really prove himself playing behind Brady then Newton and being injured.
I know ive been advocating for Brady to come here next season because he knows McDaniel's system so well that he would just take off running, but Stidham may be just as serviceable at this point .
Concentrate on building a crazy good Defense around Maxx and Hobbs thru the draft and FA , this team may be a contender next season

This is the only system Stidham knows and it shows , he looks like a player to watch . Is he good enough to play in a different system? Who knows

If he looks like he did today ,next week , i think the Raiders need to use him next season, hes young and athletic , he never had a chance to really prove himself playing behind Brady then Newton and being injured.
I know ive been advocating for Brady to come here next season because he knows McDaniel's system so well that he would just take off running, but Stidham may be just as serviceable at this point .
Concentrate on building a crazy good Defense around Maxx and Hobbs thru the draft and FA , this team may be a contender next season
Bring in Brissett? Price will be right and knows the system too

I'm hopeful and excited about Stidham after today. What choice do I have?

But importing a guy like Brissett or Mike White? #### that!

Stidham is the "developmental" QB people have been asking for so let's see McDaniels develop him.

If it doesn't work out then it's time to go full Niner and make a move for their Trey Lance, and all that implies.

Stidham went 23 of 34 for 365/3 and 2 ints. That is the ceiling of any FA QB out there for 2023.
Raiders probably draft somebody and bring in a FA QB, but it could be Stidham's job to lose.

This offseason Carr can tell the Raiders to cut him and move on. I think Carr is smart enough to
not let the Raiders deplete draft picks of the team that he goes to. He also gets a signing bonus
with a new contract.

I am completely on board with a rookie, if they think they can get a franchise guy.
Do what they did when they drafted Carr….pick the best QB avaiable in the top of the 2nd round.
and keep Stidham, and let’s see what happens next year.

I am completely on board with a rookie, if they think they can get a franchise guy.
If they go all in on a franchise potential guy I will be on board (again, what choice do I have?).

But the whole "developmental QB" thing is laughable. The majority of teams draft "developmental" guys all the time and the overwhelming majority of those guys fail to amount to anything.

The Raiders have their "developmental" guy, so go develop him.

the interceptions sucked, but one was a helmet deflection at the line. the other was kolton miller doing as awful a job as possible blocking bosa. stidham could have done better on the second INT when the pressure came down. it is good that he doesn't fold up origami style and keeps looking down field. the best defense in the league finally got home and sealed the game on him.

wish we could have seen stids against some of the weak defenses carr couldn't score against.

you don't see me on here blaming the defense after this loss, because the offense had their chances at the end of the game and couldn't get it done.

hopefully the defense gets some help this offseason through the draft and free agency.

we have multiple offensive starters that would start on other teams. on defense not so much.... so I will blame losses on offense until that changes.

Last edited:
bisaccia :lmao: never had a HC interview. anywhere. Bisaccia is a really nice guy. press conferences were golden :lmao: he's not a HC.
Had a HC navigated a season even close to that and made the playoffs?

Bring him back as an assistant HC, McD can deal with it much the same as his lame excuses we heard ever week to start the year
this argument gets thrown around a lot. last years team had some incredible luck. it was a mirage. a fun one, but a mirage none the less.
You are joking right? You are saying they were lucky? The only luck that that team had was the cursed kind.

I seriously can not think of another football team that went through as much as they did. The only team I can think of that had it worse was that Marshall team that had almost the entire team, players and staff, die in a plane crash the year before.

I don't really need to outline everything that happened to that team from the off-season on through and from the back office on through to coaching and players... do I?

Bisaccia took that team and had them fight their way into the playoffs and put up a good fight against the eventual AFC Champion. But we are going to take that away from him because why? He is a ST coach? Why else? I don't understand. Explain to me why Bisaccia got lucky. That team, some how, some way, found a way to win.

McDaniels takes over and is given more to win with. That team, some how, some way, found a way to lose. Must be Carr's fault. Let's get rid of him and end up most likely searching for a half way decent QB again for the next decade.

But Bisaccia got lucky and McDaniels deserves a couple of years? Explain this to me like I am 5.
Lucky on the field. That was a middle of the pack team that had a lot of dominos fall their way. On. The. Field. Come on man. You think last years team was some sort of powerhouse because lovable gritty coach B took over?

we get it, you’re upset about carr. And coach b I guess. It’s like Jeff Saturday, should he have gotten an extension after beating the raiders? Of course not. your mindset is actually very Al Davis. Player has one great game? Sign him to max money. coach b did a great job. But imho it was mostly the players and the coordinators. Not coach b.

Last edited:
BTW, I am not saying McD should be fired. The constant musical chairs of coaching doesn't help. I just don't understand how this blame/credit game works.
You know I’m not blaming Carr, right? I’m not opposed to the change. My fear with it, is that they get nothing for him. Going a different direction is needed. Cause this **** ain’t working.

You are joking right? You are saying they were lucky? The only luck that that team had was the cursed kind.
A lot of pieces that fell in place, in particular the Colts 🙂 the 🛏️ at Jacksonville, that allowed the Raiders to make the playoffs last year.

For all the hell they went through they got a ton of lucky bounces.

I still believe losing Ruggs set the offense back 3-4 years.
You shut your mouth! Coach b single-handedly masterminded the raiders success last year.

Gotta give Stidham credit. Let’s see him play well again next week.
Hopefully the chiefs don’t rest their starters. Which I think can come down to tomorrow, unless I have my tie breakers wrong.

bisaccia :lmao: never had a HC interview. anywhere. Bisaccia is a really nice guy. press conferences were golden :lmao: he's not a HC.

Bring him back as an assistant HC, McD can deal with it much the same as his lame excuses we heard ever week to start the year
this argument gets thrown around a lot. last years team had some incredible luck. it was a mirage. a fun one, but a mirage none the less.

I seriously can not think of another football team that went through as much as they did. The only team I can think of that had it worse was that Marshall team that had almost the entire team, players and staff, die in a plane crash the year before.

I don't really need to outline everything that happened to that team from the off-season on through and from the back office on through to coaching and players... do I?

Bisaccia took that team and had them fight their way into the playoffs and put up a good fight against the eventual AFC Champion. But we are going to take that away from him because why? He is a ST coach? Why else? I don't understand. Explain to me why Bisaccia got lucky. That team, some how, some way, found a way to win.

McDaniels takes over and is given more to win with. That team, some how, some way, found a way to lose. Must be Carr's fault. Let's get rid of him and end up most likely searching for a half way decent QB again for the next decade.

But Bisaccia got lucky and McDaniels deserves a couple of years? Explain this to me like I am 5.
Lucky on the field. That was a middle of the pack team that had a lot of dominos fall their way. On. The. Field. Come on man. You think last years team was some sort of powerhouse because lovable gritty coach B took over?

we get it, you’re upset about carr. And coach b I guess. It’s like Jeff Saturday, should he have gotten an extension after beating the raiders? Of course not. your mindset is actually very Al Davis. Player has one great game? Sign him to max money. coach b did a great job. But imho it was mostly the players and the coordinators. Not coach b.
Kinda crazy to equate the 1-5 Saturday, with arguably the worst team in the league right now, with the 7-5 coach B who took a bad situation and made the playoffs. Then lost by one score to the eventual AFC champs.

BTW, I am not saying McD should be fired. The constant musical chairs of coaching doesn't help. I just don't understand how this blame/credit game works.
You know I’m not blaming Carr, right? I’m not opposed to the change. My fear with it, is that they get nothing for him. Going a different direction is needed. Cause this **** ain’t working.
My thinking as well. I don’t think Carr is the biggest problem but to speed up the process to address the problems by filling holes on the D and O line, the Raiders need to trade Carr for picks. He’s good but not great and can be replaced. Eventually. Hopefully.

Kinda crazy to equate the 1-5 Saturday, with arguably the worst team in the league right now, with the 7-5 coach B who took a bad situation and made the playoffs. Then lost by one score to the eventual AFC champs.
It was meant to be ridiculous. Coach b did a great job. He’s not HC material. And my post was immediately after the raider game. Not now.

Because he’s never had an interview for the position? Even after last year. Did you watch his of his pressers last year. Painful. Lovable, but so out of place.

Which I think can come down to tomorrow, unless I have my tie breakers wrong.

No. The Chiefs will be playing to win regardless. Buffalo holds the tiebreaker, so if the Chiefs lose next week, Buffalo wraps up the number one seed no matter what. KC needs a Buffalo loss.

the interceptions sucked, but one was a helmet deflection at the line. the other was kolton miller doing as awful a job as possible blocking bosa. stidham could have done better on the second INT when the pressure came down. it is good that he doesn't fold up origami style and keeps looking down field. the best defense in the league finally got home and sealed the game on him.

wish we could have seen stids against some of the weak defenses carr couldn't score against.
LOL!

That all sounds very familiar. Good luck, I pray it works out.

Because he’s never had an interview for the position? Even after last year. Did you watch his of his pressers last year. Painful. Lovable, but so out of place.
I’m far more interested in the results.
🤷 hopefully we’ll see in time, he had the support of Mayock and at least a few players. I don’t really care about the press conferences, at least not over winning. Regardless of whether luck was a bigger factor for them last year than normal.

How much do the lack of interviews have to do with him being a special teams coach? He seemed to get the best out of the majority of players on the team.

Is the interview process even that valuable? Mcdee has “passed” the interview stage 3 times now but has yet to show much in the swimsuit category

Wow. It’s tome to move on from 2021. It’s 2023. For good or bad, Mc D is the coach now and Coach B is long gone. Let’s look ahead and not look back

May have already been said in here but posting anyways just in case

Carr, a three-time Pro Bowler, once famously said he'd rather quit football than play for another team. But make no mistake: Carr has no plans to retire and has no plans to go out like this. Sources say he's telling people close to him that he has his best football ahead of him.
Decisions on Carr will have to come quickly. Based on the terms of his three-year, $121.5 million extension he signed before the season, his $32.9 million base salary for 2023 and an additional $7.5 million of his 2024 base becomes fully guaranteed if he's on the roster on the third day of the waiver period -- or three days after the Super Bowl.
Any decision on what's next, whether a trade or outright release if a trade does not come together, would come before that.
While no trade could be official until the league year begins, trades are routinely agreed to in principle before then being finalized in mid-March. Carr also has a no-trade clause in his contract and the various sides would all have to be on the same page to execute such a deal.
Follow Ian Rapoport on Twitter.

I’d love to see Carr get dealt to the Jets. They’re as close to contending as any team in need of a QB. But I have no idea what he’s worth in a trade. Somewhere between Carson wentz and Deshaun Watson but that’s a wide spread.

Users who are viewing this thread