What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Las Vegas Raiders (4 Viewers)

bisaccia :lmao: never had a HC interview. anywhere. Bisaccia is a really nice guy. press conferences were golden :lmao: he's not a HC.
Had a HC navigated a season even close to that and made the playoffs?

Bring him back as an assistant HC, McD can deal with it much the same as his lame excuses we heard ever week to start the year

NFL scout on Derek Carr per Matt Lombardo on Heavy Sports. "Whoever gets Derek Carr will be getting a steal."
Carr is a good QB. Too bad he never had a good supporting cast and a solid D. The Raiders could still keep Carr and actually build a team around him but it will take years since there are a lot of holes to fill. It’s very doubtful but I hope the Raiders keep him rather than cut him for nothing.
Once the OLine came together this year (which they have imo) how much more do you want than Adams, Waller*, Renfrow*, Hollis, Moreau? was the OLine worse than I believe? Or the skill players worse? This was the year to make the big step up in scoring at least (even if the D was still allowing lots of points to score).

* granted they were both injured for chunks of the year

of course, McD could’ve screwed it all up and that’s why Carr has looked worse this year.
I have nothing but questions and no answers :sadbanana:
I don’t want the Raiders to cut Carr. I want them to trade him to kick start the rebuild process. If they can’t traede him then they should consider keeping him.

@joey

I am not sure you can say that the Oline came together. They certainly improved from the dumpster fire they were to start the year. Decent run blocking and not horrible pass pro. Carr didn't play to his established ability this year. He has one of his worst years but easily the most weapons though not the best line.

bisaccia :lmao: never had a HC interview. anywhere. Bisaccia is a really nice guy. press conferences were golden :lmao: he's not a HC.

Bring him back as an assistant HC, McD can deal with it much the same as his lame excuses we heard ever week to start the year
this argument gets thrown around a lot. last years team had some incredible luck. it was a mirage. a fun one, but a mirage none the less.

this argument gets thrown around a lot. last years team had some incredible luck. it was a mirage. a fun one, but a mirage none the less.
You’re probably right. But he’s still better than McDaniels.

Im going to watch the Game today out of morbid curiosity

I have no idea what to expect , like zero.
How will the crowd react , will they chant Carrs name ?
Will the players try their hardest to win?
I expect a total embarrassing blowout by the 49ers , i pray im wrong.

You are joking right? You are saying they were lucky? The only luck that that team had was the cursed kind.

I seriously can not think of another football team that went through as much as they did. The only team I can think of that had it worse was that Marshall team that had almost the entire team, players and staff, die in a plane crash the year before.

I don't really need to outline everything that happened to that team from the off-season on through and from the back office on through to coaching and players... do I?

Bisaccia took that team and had them fight their way into the playoffs and put up a good fight against the eventual AFC Champion. But we are going to take that away from him because why? He is a ST coach? Why else? I don't understand. Explain to me why Bisaccia got lucky. That team, some how, some way, found a way to win.

McDaniels takes over and is given more to win with. That team, some how, some way, found a way to lose. Must be Carr's fault. Let's get rid of him and end up most likely searching for a half way decent QB again for the next decade.

But Bisaccia got lucky and McDaniels deserves a couple of years? Explain this to me like I am 5.

I expect us to get stomped on.

BTW, I am not saying McD should be fired. The constant musical chairs of coaching doesn't help. I just don't understand how this blame/credit game works.

If Brady is actually the plan, that is a major alarm bell ringing for me. Is this anywhere credible?-"
Anything done to talk to Brady at all would be tampering. So, that is a dangerous game to play. Could Brady have gone through back channels to say "Hey, I want to play with McD again, let him know I will make it happen" sure... but Brady has seen our D, right?

Anything done to talk to Brady at all would be tampering. So, that is a dangerous game to play. Could Brady have gone through back channels to say "Hey, I want to play with McD again, let him know I will make it happen" sure... but Brady has seen our D, right?
Has anyone in Vegas seen Brady????

Any front office looking to hitch their wagon to Brady right now, I am shocked.

You are joking right? You are saying they were lucky? The only luck that that team had was the cursed kind.

I seriously can not think of another football team that went through as much as they did. The only team I can think of that had it worse was that Marshall team that had almost the entire team, players and staff, die in a plane crash the year before.

I don't really need to outline everything that happened to that team from the off-season on through and from the back office on through to coaching and players... do I?

Bisaccia took that team and had them fight their way into the playoffs and put up a good fight against the eventual AFC Champion. But we are going to take that away from him because why? He is a ST coach? Why else? I don't understand. Explain to me why Bisaccia got lucky. That team, some how, some way, found a way to win.

McDaniels takes over and is given more to win with. That team, some how, some way, found a way to lose. Must be Carr's fault. Let's get rid of him and end up most likely searching for a half way decent QB again for the next decade.

But Bisaccia got lucky and McDaniels deserves a couple of years? Explain this to me like I am 5.
Carr and the offense singlehandedly won that Chargers game last season to get into the Playoffs , the defense was the worst id ever seen , the 4th downs they gave up was insane . Carr was amazing in that game and it seems people forget that

Has anyone in Vegas seen Brady????

Any front office looking to hitch their wagon to Brady right now, I am shocked.
Maybe it all comes back to that rumor that Brady and Gronk were going to get traded to the Raiders and Gruden shot it down, that kind of rumor will have a ripple effect ,especially seeing who the coach is now in LV .

It is funny... pre benching social media was decidedly "Carr sucks" and now post benching it seems mostly "McDaniels sucks"

Who cares? The Raiders don’t need a 52 year old QB when they don’t have a defense or an o line. Carr, Brady, Mahomes. It does not matter.
Let's not compare Carr with Brady and Mahomes. Mahomes has been on teams with awful defenses and still won. Put Mahomes on this Raider team and they are absolutely in the playoffs at minimum. Mahomes is a different breed.

If Brady is actually the plan, that is a major alarm bell ringing for me. Is this anywhere credible?-"
Assuming he still wants to play, Brady would be wise to stay in the NFC. Giants?

Who cares? The Raiders don’t need a 52 year old QB when they don’t have a defense or an o line. Carr, Brady, Mahomes. It does not matter.
Yes you`re right, who needs a 45 yo 5 time MVP 7 time SB winner who just threw for over 400 yards and had 4 td`s , not the Raiders thats for sure
So if Brady plays for tgevRaiders next season, you think they are a contender?

Let's not compare Carr with Brady and Mahomes. Mahomes has been on teams with awful defenses and still won. Put Mahomes on this Raider team and they are absolutely in the playoffs at minimum. Mahomes is a different breed.
My point is that the Raiders are more than a QB away from playing in the SB or even in the AFC championship.

Yes you`re right, who needs a 45 yo 5 time MVP 7 time SB winner who just threw for over 400 yards and had 4 td`s , not the Raiders thats for sure
Stidham who knows this system looks pretty good today ,imagine what the master of this offense could do? He would have the weapons , its the Defense that needs work...Defense is easier to build thru the draft when looking for immediate results, so yes , i think they can be contenders. Brady won a SB his first year with Tampa learning a whole new offense .

A lot of pieces that fell in place, in particular the Colts 🙂 the 🛏️ at Jacksonville, that allowed the Raiders to make the playoffs last year.

For all the hell they went through they got a ton of lucky bounces.

I still believe losing Ruggs set the offense back 3-4 years.

No.

Yeah, this feels familiar.
OK, Cole, it's the 4th quarter, we are in a close game in the 4th quarter, can you go out there are just flub a punt? Like, a 30 yard punt is just what we don't need, can I get that from you, Cole? Can I count on you, as a RAIDER, to do that for the team?

I expect us to get stomped on.
im so happy we are both wrong, great game to watch so far

This will be interesting. 2:17 left, can Stidham lead a game clinching drive (assuming they are ballsy enough to go for two)? Do they score but leave time for the Niners to respond? Or do they simply go 3 and out and let the Niners run out the clock?

This will be interesting. 2:17 left, can Stidham lead a game clinching drive? Do they score but leave time for the Niners to respond? Or do they simply go 3 and out and let the Niners run out the clock?
Nice pass to Hollins , with these weapons Stidham should be able to do some damage .

This will be interesting. 2:17 left, can Stidham lead a game clinching drive (assuming they are ballsy enough to go for two)? Do they score but leave time for the Niners to respond? Or do they simply go 3 and out and let the Niners run out the clock?
yes he can!!!

Okay, very impressed with Stidham overall.

Now, the question is can the defense show up with 1:11 left on the clock?

yes he can!!!
He can do part of it at least.

That reception was all Davante making a big adjustment, let's not call it a brilliant throw. I think Davante legit caught that ball and any camera angle would have upheld that, but it was still far more Davante than Stidham.

Users who are viewing this thread