What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Las Vegas Raiders (2 Viewers)

Boy, everyone sure made a big deal about Jacobs’ 7 carries in the HOF Game huh? This week was Drake’s turn to get the touches. Clearly, McDaniels likes to have his RBs get work, starters or not, in the preseason. Might be a little unorthodox to some, but judging by Jacobs’ and Drake’s injury history, past strategies never kept them fresh and fully healthy anyway. I won’t be surprised if these two don’t see another carry all preseason. Jacobs maybe a couple when Carr and the starters play a few drives, but that’s it. The next 2 weeks we will see a lot of White, Brown and Walter. Not sure what happened to Abdullah this week, but he’ll be in the mix too.
I've been reading that the coaching staff really likes Addullah and he could be in the James White role. It's not a lock that Drake makes the final roster.
I have difficulty seeing that happen unless there is a cap benefit to cutting Drake.

Besides, doesn't Bolden have the early lead on the receiving back role?

Boy, everyone sure made a big deal about Jacobs’ 7 carries in the HOF Game huh? This week was Drake’s turn to get the touches. Clearly, McDaniels likes to have his RBs get work, starters or not, in the preseason. Might be a little unorthodox to some, but judging by Jacobs’ and Drake’s injury history, past strategies never kept them fresh and fully healthy anyway. I won’t be surprised if these two don’t see another carry all preseason. Jacobs maybe a couple when Carr and the starters play a few drives, but that’s it. The next 2 weeks we will see a lot of White, Brown and Walter. Not sure what happened to Abdullah this week, but he’ll be in the mix too.
I've been reading that the coaching staff really likes Addullah and he could be in the James White role. It's not a lock that Drake makes the final roster.
I have difficulty seeing that happen unless there is a cap benefit to cutting Drake.

Besides, doesn't Bolden have the early lead on the receiving back role?
Per Spotrac, for Drake... I suspect they'd trade him for a bag of chips right now.
POST-6/1 RELEASE
2022 Dead Cap: $3,600,000
2023 Dead Cap: $4,400,000
2022 Cap Savings: $250,000
POST-6/1 TRADE
2022 Dead Cap: $1,100,000
2023 Dead Cap: $4,400,000
2022 Cap Savings: $2,750,000

Mayock's final sleeper gem - a new outside WR2 candidate?

Who is DJ Turner?

- All-purpose bowling ball --> offensive weapon + p/k return playmaker
- UDFA rookie signee by Grudock regime in 2021
- Played 5 yrs CFB, first four at Maryland, final at Pitt
- Barely played at Maryland, then something clicked at Pitt and he finished his career looking like a poor-man's Deebo
- The few college highlights he has are impressive

Maryland highlights
Pitt Highlights

Yesterday's Big Play

A squatty beast like this on the field, inside and outside the formation could do a lot of damage with limited looks as the #4/5 option on most snaps.

Can he beat out Tyron Johnson (or perhaps Keelan Cole) for the 5th WR spot to actually make the team? If he can be the primary k/p returner, they could even keep him as a 6th WR. If he gets himself on the final 53, I see this kid making noise for the Raiders this season.

Cole and Johnson I can see an argument for keeping over DJ. But I'd take Turner all day over every other WR on the current squad, including Demarcus Robinson - especially if this kid can be relied upon to return punts. Here's one against the Rams last season.

Who is DJ Turner?

- Barely played at Maryland, then something clicked at Pitt and he finished his career looking like a poor-man's Deebo

Maryland highlights
Pitt Highlights

Yesterday's Big Play

A squatty beast like this on the field, inside and outside the formation could do a lot of damage with limited looks as the #4/5 option on most snaps.

Can he beat out Tyron Johnson (or perhaps Keelan Cole) for the 5th WR spot to actually make the team? If he can be the primary k/p returner, they could even keep him as a 6th WR. If he gets himself on the final 53, I see this kid making noise for the Raiders this season.

Cole and Johnson I can see an argument for keeping over DJ. But I'd take Turner all day over every other WR on the current squad, including Demarcus Robinson - especially if this kid can be relied upon to return punts. Here's one against the Rams last season.
I’ve like turner for a while. I was pulling for him to make the team last year.

Who is DJ Turner?

Maryland highlights
Pitt Highlights

Yesterday's Big Play

He`s fun to watch ,i hope he makes the team and they utilize his talents

For what it is worth... the Raiders depth chart shows the following.

Two to three of these names must be cut prior to 53. My best guess is:

Drake traded for collard greens.

B Brown or Walter cut/added to PS (or both if Drake cannot be traded).

BTW, if DJ Turner is kept as a 6th WR, don't be shocked if they only keep four tailbacks, plus Jakob J and use Turner in receiving RB situations.

BTW, that current RB room from top to bottom is filled with soldiers. Some are better, none are elite, all are very capable.

BTW, if DJ Turner is kept as a 6th WR, don't be shocked if they only keep four tailbacks, plus Jakob J and use Turner in receiving RB situations.
I don't think Drake is going anywhere. I do think Brown and Walter will be cut and they will try to add both to PS. Going off of the history of NE and their love of a full stable of RB's, I think they will favor going heavy on RB's. Abdullah brings ST value, I am unsure of the others deeper in the chart. I missed the transactions but Jakob Johnson is the only FB now.

Turner will be a hard cut to make but currently on the depth chart, he is behind Stoner who will also be hard to cut but I think both will and they will try to go PS with them. As is, the WR room will be crowded with top end talent and then good depth. Adams, Renfrow, Hollins, Johnson, Cole and Robinson is a pretty good WR group. Can Turner and/or Stoner push one of them out? Maybe Robinson as I have not heard much buzz for him in camp. Adams, Renfrow, Hollins, and Cole are locks for the roster I think. I think Johnson it an almost lock.

I imagine Brown’s fumble landed him in the doghouse. Unless he does something miraculous, he’s probably the 1st RB to get cut.

I don't think Drake is going anywhere. I do think Brown and Walter will be cut and they will try to add both to PS. Going off of the history of NE and their love of a full stable of RB's, I think they will favor going heavy on RB's. Abdullah brings ST value, I am unsure of the others deeper in the chart. I missed the transactions but Jakob Johnson is the only FB now.

Turner will be a hard cut to make but currently on the depth chart, he is behind Stoner who will also be hard to cut but I think both will and they will try to go PS with them. As is, the WR room will be crowded with top end talent and then good depth. Adams, Renfrow, Hollins, Johnson, Cole and Robinson is a pretty good WR group. Can Turner and/or Stoner push one of them out? Maybe Robinson as I have not heard much buzz for him in camp. Adams, Renfrow, Hollins, and Cole are locks for the roster I think. I think Johnson it an almost lock.

Robinson cut today. Vernon Butler too. Not surprising.

The Raiders have released Demarcus Robinson. I really hope and think Turner should make the team.
I’m surprised. I thought he was reliable, veteran insurance at WR for us.
As long as we have Adams, Renfrow, T Johnson (for young upside) and some combo of Cole/Turner/Hollins, that sounds like a good squad to me.

Nate Brooks CB, Gerri Green DE and Tyrone Wheatley Jr T waived as well.
The only one that is semi surprising is Robinson. As I noted earlier, he is the only one of the WR's that was not getting any good buzz in camp.

The Raiders have released Demarcus Robinson. I really hope and think Turner should make the team.
As long as we have Adams, Renfrow, T Johnson (for young upside) and some combo of Cole/Turner/Hollins, that sounds like a good squad to me.
Cole and Hollins ain't going anywhere. Johnson, Cole and Hollins will split most of opposite outside WR snaps.

Turner will be a hard cut to make but currently on the depth chart, he is behind Stoner who will also be hard to cut but I think both will and they will try to go PS with them. As is, the WR room will be crowded with top end talent and then good depth. Adams, Renfrow, Hollins, Johnson, Cole and Robinson is a pretty good WR group. Can Turner and/or Stoner push one of them out? Maybe Robinson as I have not heard much buzz for him in camp. Adams, Renfrow, Hollins, and Cole are locks for the roster I think. I think Johnson it an almost
Cole and Hollins ain't going anywhere. Johnson, Cole and Hollins will split most of opposite outside WR snaps.
Hollins and Cole, I agree. Johnson, I am not 100% will make the final 53. I think they will either keep 6 WR or 6 RB, but not both, due to more pressing depth issues at OL/DL.

Turner will be a hard cut to make but currently on the depth chart, he is behind Stoner who will also be hard to cut but I think both will and they will try to go PS with them. As is, the WR room will be crowded with top end talent and then good depth. Adams, Renfrow, Hollins, Johnson, Cole and Robinson is a pretty good WR group. Can Turner and/or Stoner push one of them out? Maybe Robinson as I have not heard much buzz for him in camp. Adams, Renfrow, Hollins, and Cole are locks for the roster I think. I think Johnson it an almost
Hollins and Cole, I agree. Johnson, I am not 100% will make the final 53. I think they will either keep 6 WR or 6 RB, but not both, due to more pressing depth issues at OL/DL.
Johnson has speed that no one else has. Unless he is showing them in camp that he just can't get the job down, I think he stays and Turner/Stoner are looking for the PS

Raiders return a lot of players to practice:

TE Darren Waller
CB Trayvon Mullen
CB Rock-Ya Sin
DT Johnathan Hankins
DT Bilal Nichols
LB Divine Deablo
WR Dillon Stoner

Mullen, Nichols, and Stoner we’re activated off the PUP List.

Raiders return a lot of players to practice:

TE Darren Waller
CB Trayvon Mullen
CB Rock-Ya Sin
DT Johnathan Hankins
DT Bilal Nichols
LB Divine Deablo
WR Dillon Stoner

Mullen, Nichols, and Stoner we’re activated off the PUP List.
I feel confident in the ability of most of those guys, except maybe Stoner.

Deablo is the guy I would love to see take a big leap this season. Who was the last great, or even really good Raider LB? Biekert? Morrison? Thomas Howard was solid I guess. I'd happily take Deablo turning into any of those guys.

Hunter Rendrow just went up to Nate Hobbs following a long touchdown pass and say “Hold my grapes, bucko” which led to a massive LAUGHING fit.

Renfrow then high fived Hobbs and said “Keep working, we’re getting better every day buddy”

Raiders add an experienced pass rusher​

Vincent Bonsignore, Las Vegas Review-Journal - Yesterday 10:39 PM

The Raiders signed veteran pass rusher Jordan Jenkins on Wednesday, lifting their roster back to 85 players.
Jenkins has played six NFL seasons, including five with the New York Jets and one with the Houston Texans, and has 25 sacks.
Jenkins had a career-high eight sacks with the Jets in 2019.

A former third-round pick by the Jets out of Georgia, Jenkins can play defensive end and outside linebacker.

Jenkins, 28, can add quality depth behind Maxx Crosby and Chandler Jones, and will vie for playing time alongside Tashawn Bower and Malcolm Koonce.

Here is the list of the five highest-graded Raiders against the Vikings in Week 1 of the preseason, according to Pro Football Focus:

RG Jordan Meredith – 94.2 (14 snaps)

LB Jayon Brown – 87.6 (8 snaps)

WR DJ Turner – 78.5 (33 snaps)

QB Nick Mullens – 76.1 (25 snaps)

CB Sam Webb – 75.3 (29 snaps)

The most notable name on this list is DJ Turner, who led the Raiders in receiving yards with 58. He scored a long touchdown on a drag route, out-running nearly the entire defense for the Vikings. Turner also had a nice punt return, which he’ll need to continue to do if he wants to make the final roster.

Turner isn’t the fastest receiver (4.59 40-yard dash at his Pro Day), but he has had a strong training camp and preseason. If the Raiders do keep six receivers, there is a chance that he could wind up being the final player on the roster.

We should also mention Jayon Brown, who looked good in his limited snaps for the Raiders. He nearly had an interception as the ball went through his hands, but it was an outstanding play for him to be in the right spot. While he might not be a starter, Brown is going to play an important role as a nickel linebacker for the Raiders this season.

(one obvious miss already there)
Raiders Wire

Raiders 53-man roster prediction for 2022 season​

Levi Damien
Tue, August 16, 2022 at 7:21 AM

Quarterbacks

IN: Derek Carr, Jarrett Stidham, Nick Mullens

OUT: Chase Garbers

Running backs

IN: Josh Jacobs, Jakob Johnson (FB), Kenyon Drake, Ameer Abdullah, Zamir White

OUT: Brittain Brown, Brandon Bolden, Austin Walter

Wide receivers

IN: Davante Adams, Hunter Renfrow, Mack Hollins, Keelan Cole, Demarcus Robinson, Tyron Johnson

OUT: DJ Turner, Justin Hall, Chris Lacy, Isaiah Zuber, Dillon Stoner

Tight ends

IN: Darren Waller, Foster Moreau, Nick Bowers, Jacob Hollister

OUT: Jesper Hostead, Cole Fotheringham

Offensive linemen

IN: T Kolton Miller, G John Simpson, C Andre James, G Lester Cotton Sr, T/G Jermaine Eluemunor, T/G Alex Leatherwood, C/G Dylan Parham, T Thayer Munford

OUT: Brandon Parker (IR), Hroniss Grasu, Jackson Barton, Tyrone Wheatley, Alex Bars, Jordan Meredith, Bamidele Olaseni

Defensive interior line

IN: Bilal Nichols, Kyle Peko, Andrew Billings, Matthew Butler, Neil Farrell Jr

OUT: Johnathan Hankins (IR), Vernon Butler, Tyler Lancaster, Kendal Vickers, Myron Tagovailoa-Amosa

Edge rushers

IN: Maxx Crosby, Chandler Jones, Malcolm Koonce, Clelin Ferrell

OUT: Gerri Green, Zach VanValkenburg, Tashawn Bower

Linebackers

IN: Divine Deablo, Denzel Perryman, Jayon Brown, Kenny Young, Darien Butler

OUT: Curtis Bolton, Luke Masterson

Cornerbacks

IN: Trayvon Mullen, Rock Ya-Sin, Nate Hobbs, Anthony Averett, Darius Phillips

OUT: Amik Robertson, Sam Webb, Bryce Cosby, Chris Jones, Isiah Brown, Nate Brooks

Safeties

IN: Johnathan Abram, Tre’von Moehrig, Tyree Gillespie, Duron Harmon, Roderic Teamer

OUT: Qwynnterrio Cole, Isaiah Pola-Mao, Matthias Farley

Specialists

IN: K Daniel Carlson, P AJ Cole, LS Trent Sieg

Here is the list of the five highest-graded Raiders against the Vikings in Week 1 of the preseason, according to Pro Football Focus:

The most notable name on this list is DJ Turner, who led the Raiders in receiving yards with 58. He scored a long touchdown on a drag route, out-running nearly the entire defense for the Vikings. Turner also had a nice punt return, which he’ll need to continue to do if he wants to make the final roster.

Turner isn’t the fastest receiver (4.59 40-yard dash at his Pro Day), but he has had a strong training camp and preseason. If the Raiders do keep six receivers, there is a chance that he could wind up being the final player on the roster.

We should also mention Jayon Brown, who looked good in his limited snaps for the Raiders. He nearly had an interception as the ball went through his hands, but it was an outstanding play for him to be in the right spot. While he might not be a starter, Brown is going to play an important role as a nickel linebacker for the Raiders this season.
I think the most notable is Jayon. If he is a good LB here, and he has been elsewhere, it's a much bigger impact than any end of roster WR.

Jayon could be one of those nice free agent signings, not a home run, just a nice double to left.

I think the most notable is Jayon. If he is a good LB here, and he has been elsewhere, it's a much bigger impact than any end of roster WR.

Jayon could be one of those nice free agent signings, not a home run, just a nice double to left.
That was cut and paste for me. Most notable is an odd word to use in that... I think sexiest is the better description for WR position.

For me Jayon Brown wasn't notable mention as he has been getting some good buzz in camp.

For me the most notable were Meredith and Webb as I haven't heard anything from these guys in camp.

Jayon could be a nice get, no doubt, but DJT - if he makes the 53 and I predict he will - is more than just an end of roster WR. He has the build and skillset to be a majorly contributing utility player as a backup slot WR, 3rd down RB and primary KR/PR. Obviously, I've smoked up his highlights way too much, but dude is a sleeper playmaker IMO. Let's watch.

RAIDERS TRAINING CAMP NOTES:
25aa.pngHunter Renfrow Route Running has been nasty today.
25aa.png To start team period, Derek Carr went 7/7 on his passes, including another deep ball to Davante Adams.
25aa.png Gnarly-looking collision between WR Davante Adams and FS Trevon Moehrig on a deep pass down right sideline near end of #Raiders practice. Adams looked shaken up at first but got up under his own power and ran it off. Ball fell incomplete.
25aa.png Defense won the day for the #Raiders Thursday, as DE Maxx Crosby dominated. Again. Whether in 7's or 11's, Crosby had at least 2 sacks and batted down a Derek Carr pass.
25aa.png Derek Carr throws his first interception of training camp during 7-on-7 drills. He tried to dump it off to Brandon Bolden, but Nate Hobbs jumped the route and took it to the crib.
25aa.png Highlights of Raiders one-on-one drills today:
-Rock Ya Sin vs. Hunter Renfrow
-Bilal Nichols
-Mack Hollins
25aa.png Tyron Johnson has had an exceptional practice.
25aa.pngDivine Deablo was looking nice with a couple PBU’s.
25aa.png 1-on-1 OT Kolton Miller vs. Tweener Malcolm Koonce.
Analysis: Miller uses angle set to account for Koonce’s speed to the edge, & then once engaged-Miller locks horns with a strong “lock-out” as coach Bricillo teaches this as a POE. Preach what you teach.
25aa.png 1-on-1:
OC Andre James vs. NT Andrew Billings.
Analysis: James had to respect Billings power-game, so he patiently waited for engagement. Once Billings locked horns with James, he then used a swim-over move to gain inside leverage win.
25aa.png1-on-1:
OT Thayer Munford vs. DE/OLB Maxx Crosby:
Analysis: The talk of practice right now, as Munford uses his big-bodied frame and length to keep Crosby at bay. Once Crosby ate up Munford’s cushion, Crosby then tried to counter only to be met with a huge lock-out.

Analysis: The talk of practice right now, as Munford uses his big-bodied frame and length to keep Crosby at bay. Once Crosby ate up Munford’s cushion, Crosby then tried to counter only to be met with a huge lock-out
:clap:

View attachment 2942Hunter Renfrow Route Running has been nasty today.
View attachment 2943 To start team period, Derek Carr went 7/7 on his passes, including another deep ball to Davante Adams.
View attachment 2944 Gnarly-looking collision between WR Davante Adams and FS Trevon Moehrig on a deep pass down right sideline near end of #Raiders practice. Adams looked shaken up at first but got up under his own power and ran it off. Ball fell incomplete.
View attachment 2945 Defense won the day for the #Raiders Thursday, as DE Maxx Crosby dominated. Again. Whether in 7's or 11's, Crosby had at least 2 sacks and batted down a Derek Carr pass.
View attachment 2946 Derek Carr throws his first interception of training camp during 7-on-7 drills. He tried to dump it off to Brandon Bolden, but Nate Hobbs jumped the route and took it to the crib.
View attachment 2947 Highlights of Raiders one-on-one drills today:
-Bilal Nichols
-Mack Hollins
View attachment 2948 Tyron Johnson has had an exceptional practice.
View attachment 2949Divine Deablo was looking nice with a couple PBU’s.
View attachment 2950 1-on-1 OT Kolton Miller vs. Tweener Malcolm Koonce.
Analysis: Miller uses angle set to account for Koonce’s speed to the edge, & then once engaged-Miller locks horns with a strong “lock-out” as coach Bricillo teaches this as a POE. Preach what you teach.
View attachment 2951 1-on-1:
Analysis: James had to respect Billings power-game, so he patiently waited for engagement. Once Billings locked horns with James, he then used a swim-over move to gain inside leverage win.
View attachment 29521-on-1:
Analysis: The talk of practice right now, as Munford uses his big-bodied frame and length to keep Crosby at bay. Once Crosby ate up Munford’s cushion, Crosby then tried to counter only to be met with a huge lock-out.
where are you getting these?

View attachment 2943 To start team period, Derek Carr went 7/7 on his passes, including another deep ball to Davante Adams.
View attachment 2944 Gnarly-looking collision between WR Davante Adams and FS Trevon Moehrig on a deep pass down right sideline near end of #Raiders practice. Adams looked shaken up at first but got up under his own power and ran it off. Ball fell incomplete.
View attachment 2945 Defense won the day for the #Raiders Thursday, as DE Maxx Crosby dominated. Again. Whether in 7's or 11's, Crosby had at least 2 sacks and batted down a Derek Carr pass.
View attachment 2946 Derek Carr throws his first interception of training camp during 7-on-7 drills. He tried to dump it off to Brandon Bolden, but Nate Hobbs jumped the route and took it to the crib.
-Bilal Nichols
-Mack Hollins
I my head that entire analysis was read by Howard Cossell.

I saw a report that the Ravens are signing him. I haven't paid much attention to Robinson the last few years. Is there anything to see there other than a warm body? Why did the Raiders cut him?

-Bilal Nichols
-Mack Hollins
where are you getting these?
I exited all FB Raider groups because they usually were HORRIBLE with no value and whiny babies with the football IQ of the mosquitos that ate up my legs at my sons football practices this week... but this group that was Raider Darkside but now Raiders Silver & Black. The guy that runs it actually posts valuable things with actual insight.

My (Raiders Silver and Black) Projected 53 Man Roster:
Qb's: Carr, Stidham
Rb's: Jacobs, Bolden, White, Abdullah
Fb: Johnson
Wr's: Adams, Renfrow, Johnson, Hollins, Cole, Turner.
TE's: Waller, Moreau, Horsted
OL: Miller, Simpson, James, Cotton, Munford, Leatherwood, Parham, Parker, Eluemunor
DL: Crosby, Jones, Nichols, Billings, Koonce, Bower, Jenkins, Hankins, Butler, Farrell
LB's: Perryman, Brown, Deablo, Butler, Masterson.
Cb's: Hobbs, Ya-Sin, Mullen, Averett, Philips, Robertson.
S: Moehrig, Abram, Harmon, Teamer
ST: Carlson, Cole, Sieg
PS:
Pola-Mao
Cole
Webb
VanValkenburg
Tagovailoa-Amosa
Vickers
Brown cb
Brown rb
Garbers
Hall
Stoner
Olaseni
Grasu
Fotheringham

I exited all FB Raider groups because they usually were HORRIBLE with no value and whiny babies with the football IQ of the mosquitos that ate up my legs at my sons football practices this week... but this group that was Raider Darkside but now Raiders Silver & Black. The guy that runs it actually posts valuable things with actual insight.

the bolded above is why I stopped going to Raiders games 15 years ago. The mindless (drunken) crap that the majority of loudmouth fans yell out during a game drove me nuts. My couch is just fine, thanks.
signed,
slightly introverted and definitely snobby raiders fan

[tangent: anyone know how to ONLY quote a single post instead of getting the whole reply thread?]

The only thing I care about in these games is how the OL holds up especially Leatherwood . He's been mostly fine, the most apparent struggle is when the pass rusher uses speed to get wide. LW's usually able to steer them and wash them out, every single of one them was 8 or more yards from the LOS so as long as the QB doesn't drop too deep or backpedal he holds up. The sack was a play the OG got whooped so there was nowhere for the QB to step up so while it looks like LW's guy got in there too he really wouldn't have without the inside freight train. The very next play was a carbon copy, LW took his guy to 10 yards, the QB (who's way too deep at 10 yards) stepped up into a huge clean pocket and rifled one 30 yards downfield (was knocked away) so from a pocket perspective this was perfectly executed. IIRC Carr does a pretty good job of setting at the correct depth and sliding forward a bit to help the outside protection so hopefully we can coach and scheme this up.

Cotton whiffed on the early sack but otherwise the interior OL looks solid. We know what Miller is, he's no All-Pro but he's very safe and by far our best OL so no concerns there. So the key comes back to LW and depth. Big loss with Goode especially at depth because now Parham becomes a starter instead of nice depth in a learning/soaking in role. Overall LW and the OL as a whole have been solid so we just need to keep seeing progress

The only thing I care about in these games is how the OL holds up especially Leatherwood . He's been mostly fine, the most apparent struggle is when the pass rusher uses speed to get wide. LW's usually able to steer them and wash them out, every single of one them was 8 or more yards from the LOS so as long as the QB doesn't drop too deep or backpedal he holds up. The sack was a play the OG got whooped so there was nowhere for the QB to step up so while it looks like LW's guy got in there too he really wouldn't have without the inside freight train. The very next play was a carbon copy, LW took his guy to 10 yards, the QB (who's way too deep at 10 yards) stepped up into a huge clean pocket and rifled one 30 yards downfield (was knocked away) so from a pocket perspective this was perfectly executed. IIRC Carr does a pretty good job of setting at the correct depth and sliding forward a bit to help the outside protection so hopefully we can coach and scheme this up.

Cotton whiffed on the early sack but otherwise the interior OL looks solid. We know what Miller is, he's no All-Pro but he's very safe and by far our best OL so no concerns there. So the key comes back to LW and depth. Big loss with Goode especially at depth because now Parham becomes a starter instead of nice depth in a learning/soaking in role. Overall LW and the OL as a whole have been solid so we just need to keep seeing progress
I didn't see the game yesterday but unless something happens, I think the G starters are Simpson and Cotton. Parham as the depth at G and C.

Raiders remain interested in Ndamukong Suh, but his price may be too high​

Mike Florio

Defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh is available to be signed by any team at any time. He has yet to generate serious interest, although he has been linked to multiple teams.

Tashan Reed of TheAthletic.com recently reported that the Raiders remain interested in Suh. However, Reed adds that Suh is looking for a contract with an annual average of $9 million per year.

Suh reportedly had multiple conversations with the Raiders and Vikings as of late June. There also were conflicting reports as to whether the Browns were interested in Suh.

The 35-year-old lineman has made plenty of money in a career that traces back to 2010, and he won a Super Bowl with the Bucs in 2020. He doesn’t need to settle for anything less than what he wants, and he shouldn’t.

At this point, the best play could be to wait until an inevitable injury to a starting defensive tackle for a contending team.
Basically lines up with what I felt like was happening here. We would add him but he wants too much and we aren't going to overpay.

Raiders remain interested in Ndamukong Suh, but his price may be too high​

Mike Florio

Defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh is available to be signed by any team at any time. He has yet to generate serious interest, although he has been linked to multiple teams.

Tashan Reed of TheAthletic.com recently reported that the Raiders remain interested in Suh. However, Reed adds that Suh is looking for a contract with an annual average of $9 million per year.

Suh reportedly had multiple conversations with the Raiders and Vikings as of late June. There also were conflicting reports as to whether the Browns were interested in Suh.

The 35-year-old lineman has made plenty of money in a career that traces back to 2010, and he won a Super Bowl with the Bucs in 2020. He doesn’t need to settle for anything less than what he wants, and he shouldn’t.

At this point, the best play could be to wait until an inevitable injury to a starting defensive tackle for a contending team.
Basically lines up with what I felt like was happening here. We would add him but he wants too much and we aren't going to overpay.
Suh is playing chicken with the league. At this stage I would be surprised to see anyone sign him before week one because of contract guarantees.

Las Vegas Raiders Dominant Run Defense Looks Promising​

Hikaru Kudo - 5h ago

While the Raiders struggled with defending passes, it was a different story on the ground.

It was a close preseason game for the Las Vegas Raiders as they inched their way past the Miami Dolphins 15-13.

While the pass defense struggled, allowing over 300 yards in the air, the run defense was something else.

The Silver and Black limited the Dolphins to just 37 rushing yards.

That effort was led by defensive tackle Tashawn Bower with five tackles, two tackles for loss and a sack on the day.

Bower has prior experience with head coach Josh McDaniels back with the New England Patriots.

"Physical guy. It's not my first year being around Tashawn. He loves to play football," McDaniels said. "He's doing his job the right way. He's setting a good example for the way we want to try to play on the edge with his opportunities. He's rushed the quarterback; he used some power tonight. A lot of those guys did some good things tonight, played with some physicality up there and he's certainly one of them."

For Bower, it’s focusing the eyes on the prize. In this case, it’s all about delivering on his assignment,

"At my position, it's a lot of the same process," Bower said. "You trust your eyes, you let the blockers tell you where he's going to go and you just stay disciplined in your assignment. With stopping the run, it's trusting your eyes.”

"Having your vision and your target and being physical at the point of attack – that's always going to be a point of emphasis,” Bower continued. “If you don't stop the run, on any team, they're going to throw the ball and they're going to have their way."

Raiders Offensive Line Needs Work​

Darin Alexander Baydoun

The Las Vegas Raiders offensive line hasn't done much to look like it's going to be improved much from last season

Even after adding All-Pro wide receiver Davante Adams, the Las Vegas Raiders offense came into this season with one big potential weakness.

That is the performance of the team's offensive line, which comes into this year largely unchanged from a unit that struggled last season.

Quarterback Derek Carr was sacked 40 times last season, the second-most of his career, and the Raiders' running game was a bottom-four unit in the NFL.

That came with several bench players coming in for injured starters, and that same group is being asked to step up their game for this season.

So far this preseason, it's been a mixed bag to say the least, with the Raiders o-line allowing 13 sacks in three games

They've been able to clear the way for 140-plus rushing yards in every one of those games, but it's hard to say if they would be as successful going up against a first-string defense the entire game.

It can't make Carr feel any happier about the level of protection he will get in 2022 when his backups are often having to scramble due to pressure.

It may not even make a huge difference once left tackle Kolton Miller is back in the lineup once the season begins.

He's the one sure thing on the Raiders o-line after being ranked by Pro Football Focus as the 5th-highest rated tackle in the NFL last year.

He may have the blindside locked down, but when all other positions across the offensive line can be exploited, opponents will have the ability to dictate a number of matchups.

That still looks like it could be the case for any rusher that goes up against sophomore right tackle Alex Leatherwood.

Last year's first-round pick has had moments this preseason, especially in his run blocking, but even just against the Miami Dolphins in the Raiders 15-13 win, his pass pro struggles continued.

He may not end up being one of the worst graded lineman in the league like last season, but it's clear Leatherwood is likely to take more bumps in his play this year.

It's the one area that could undue the Raiders offense, and for their sake, they need to hope the level of play can be just at league average in order for them to give Carr a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread