What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Las Vegas Raiders (2 Viewers)

From Tashan Reed:
#Raiders tried and failed to trade Abram since this summer. And, after the trade deadline passed without a deal, he played a season-low 22 snaps against the Saints and was on the field for just 32 snaps against the Jaguars. Now, he's gone.

A move like this does cause your mind to wander on the reasons you'd move away from a player mid season in their last year of the rookie deal. Maybe Abrams requested his release. Possibly due to lack of playing time or fit with the system that is being run with a new DC. However, given the state of affairs with the team currently and the more vocal frustrations this week - even if politically correct. One can make an argument that Abram could have been released after being vocal about the state of the team behind closed doors.

They don't need the roster space. They don't need the cap savings. So front office decision is off the table, in my opinion. Player's choice, or coaches choice?!...

Agreed. Gruden haters won’t like this but despite all the stupid rumors in the media Carr and Gruden had a very good relationship, I believe they were neighbors as well. Gruden may have his warts and issues drafting talent, but one thing he and his coaches did was build a culture in the locker room. A strong locker room that was able to carry on with Coach B and make the playoffs. It looks like McDaniels has torn all that apart. I don’t know why or how, but if I had to guess, I don’t think Carr and other players like the guy period.
If the season keeps heading in this downward spiral, Davis will have a huge decision next season.
Trust McDaniels/Ziegler and ride with them and jettison Carr/Adams and start over.
Or fire McDaniels and keep the Carr/Adams duo.
That is like saying Hellen Keller has issues reading. He stunk. And it is manifesting itself in the team's performance this year.

A move like this does cause your mind to wander on the reasons you'd move away from a player mid season in their last year of the rookie deal. Maybe Abrams requested his release. Possibly due to lack of playing time or fit with the system that is being run with a new DC. However, given the state of affairs with the team currently and the more vocal frustrations this week - even if politically correct. One can make an argument that Abram could have been released after being vocal about the state of the team behind closed doors.

They don't need the roster space. They don't need the cap savings. So front office decision is off the table, in my opinion. Player's choice, or coaches choice?!...
Yes, this is something fishy kind of move. And if it is a release because of coaches.... that may actually continue to the decline with the only possible way it doesn't is that Abram was not liked in the locker room. Otherwise, if the players are already unhappy with the coaching staff (which some indications are starting to point to this being the case) then this will only intensify that.

Yes, this is something fishy kind of move. And if it is a release because of coaches.... that may actually continue to the decline with the only possible way it doesn't is that Abram was not liked in the locker room. Otherwise, if the players are already unhappy with the coaching staff (which some indications are starting to point to this being the case) then this will only intensify that.
Definitely a situation which can cause further distance between staff and team. One of those things that may not cause the initial divide, but if there is a crack already there it can expose it.

Definitely a situation which can cause further distance between staff and team. One of those things that may not cause the initial divide, but if there is a crack already there it can expose it.
maybe he was a problem. very strange

Maybe he stinks. We’ve all seen it since he was drafted.
Besides a few old school hard hits (some of which drew penalties and one if which injured himself) I’m not sweating this release. We all knew this was a Prove It year for him and he didn’t prove it (not that many have this year)

I'm not worried about any impact to on field performance of the D.
More worried if it is a sign of how broken things may actually be there.

Maybe he stinks. We’ve all seen it since he was drafted.
Besides a few old school hard hits (some of which drew penalties and one if which injured himself) I’m not sweating this release. We all knew this was a Prove It year for him and he didn’t prove it (not that many have this year)
Who cares if Abram was released? Nobody should act like this is a big loss. He has done nothing in LV. It doesn’t even matter if he plays well for another team since he wasn’t helping the Raiders win games.

The first round picks from the last few years were a disaster and a large reason this team stinks. Rebuild time.

This McDonalds team is spiraling fast into an utter **** show. Spite cuts are upon us now. Who's next?

Should I be trading all my Josh Jacobs shares? I am that concerned right now for the Raiders ROS.

This McDonalds team is spiraling fast into an utter **** show. Spite cuts are upon us now. Who's next?

Should I be trading all my Josh Jacobs shares? I am that concerned right now for the Raiders ROS.
Yea... this feels like the crap that happened in Denver.

I was vehemently against McDaniels as HC. I watched like an hawk for any signs of the crap that I was worried about which lead me to being against him. I didn't see any in the offseason so I started to come around to maybe it was a thing of maturity.... now we are seeing signs that he is just a disaster as a HC.

The rest of the season really needs to be about answering whether or not McDaniels deserves to come back.

Man, do we actually lose to the freakin Colts, who are their own version of a $h1t show. That would be an all time low.

hey guys, let’s talk about the good ol days….remember when Al drafted Jamarcus Russell? Good times.

Man, do we actually lose to the freakin Colts, who are their own version of a $h1t show. That would be an all time low.

hey guys, let’s talk about the good ol days….remember when Al drafted Jamarcus Russell? Good times.
Or Darius Heyward-Bey, Patrick Bates, Robert Gallery, Michael Huff, Derrick Gibson, Philip Buchanan, Fabian Washington, Janikowski in the 1st round, Darren McFadden #4 overall.
Then after his passing other than Mack and Cooper the 1st round draft picks just got worse and worse.
Yeah there’s a reason this franchise is down in the dumps the past 20 years, wasted draft picks and free agents that are over the hill or just not the right fit. It’s like a horrible cycle. Chandler Jones and Davante Adams are this decade’s Warren Sapp and Randy Moss.
Will it ever stop?

Or Darius Heyward-Bey, Patrick Bates, Robert Gallery, Michael Huff, Derrick Gibson, Philip Buchanan, Fabian Washington, Janikowski in the 1st round, Darren McFadden #4 overall.
Then after his passing other than Mack and Cooper the 1st round draft picks just got worse and worse.
Yeah there’s a reason this franchise is down in the dumps the past 20 years, wasted draft picks and free agents that are over the hill or just not the right fit. It’s like a horrible cycle. Chandler Jones and Davante Adams are this decade’s Warren Sapp and Randy Moss.
Will it ever stop?

My only comment is that Adams has already shown more as a raider in half a season than Moss showed over 2 years. Adams is a keeper…but just at the wrong time for where this roster is actually at. But at the time, I think most of us felt the Adams deal would put us over the top into the playoffs.

Will it ever stop?

My only comment is that Adams has already shown more as a raider in half a season than Moss showed over 2 years. Adams is a keeper…but just at the wrong time for where this roster is actually at. But at the time, I think most of us felt the Adams deal would put us over the top into the playoffs.
Agreed about Adams, I just don’t think they were a WR1 away from the playoffs.
Derek Carr needs a clean pocket way more than a WR1 to be a top notch QB

How long has it been since they had Adams, Waller and Renfrow on the field together? Not saying it’s the cure to what ails, but maybe that can get the offense on track against a hapless Colts team.

How could we as fans NOT be excited when we got coaching staff from one of the current day winningest teams in football ?
How could we not be full of optimism when we got arguably one of the best WR`s in the game today who, oh BTW , happened to be a college teammate of our very own QB in college and LIT it up at that time.
Clearly Billy B is the real reason NE was so dominant and Brady and McDaniels were feeding off of him .

We got the bridesmaid ,not the bride, in McDaniels.
I have a feeling he wont last the season, once this team officially shuts it down for the year he`ll be fired .
After that who knows what Mark will do , he IS trying but man im not sure he`s a very good decision maker.
Man i really miss Amy Trask 😁

How long has it been since they had Adams, Waller and Renfrow on the field together? Not saying it’s the cure to what ails, but maybe that can get the offense on track against a hapless Colts team.
Renfrow seems broken. Carr can’t hit Waller in stride. Adam’s is awesome. Not sure it will help. Run the ****ing ball. Take the game out of carrs hands.

Renfrow seems broken. Carr can’t hit Waller in stride. Adam’s is awesome. Not sure it will help. Run the ****ing ball. Take the game out of carrs hands.
Renfrow hasn’t been the same since he got his bell rung against the Cardinals. That fumble and game started the downward spiral we’re at today. Not sure if he’ll ever recover from that. I hope he does, but he’s definitely not the same since that day. The Welker/Edelman talk and comparisons in McD’s offense seems like wishful thinking now.

How could we as fans NOT be excited when we got coaching staff from one of the current day winningest teams in football ?
How could we not be full of optimism when we got arguably one of the best WR`s in the game today who, oh BTW , happened to be a college teammate of our very own QB in college and LIT it up at that time.
Clearly Billy B is the real reason NE was so dominant and Brady and McDaniels were feeding off of him .

I have a feeling he wont last the season, once this team officially shuts it down for the year he`ll be fired .
After that who knows what Mark will do , he IS trying but man im not sure he`s a very good decision maker.
This is part of the frustration. It’s almost like the organization is cursed.
No matter what they try to do, nothing works. No matter the GM, coaches, players, team building strategies, everything fails. The more that changes with this franchise, the more things just stay the same. It’s the NFL version of the Blair Whitch Project. They’re lost just wandering in circles, with little glimmers of hope here and there, ultimately ending badly.

Edelman's injury history... Slot machine WR is a dangerous position. Hopefully Renfrow has similar resilience and just needs more time gets back to prior form. This list, tho... :oops:

Oct 21, 2009NFLArm Forearm FractureEdelman missed 2 games plus the bye after fracturing his right arm. He later missed 2 more games. Not clear whether it was the same issue.
Aug 19, 2010NFLPedal Foot SprainEdelman sat out the final 2 preseason games and the regular-season opener with a foot sprain.
Oct 17, 2010NFLHead Cranial Concussion Grade 1Edelman was diagnosed with a concussion but wasn't forced to miss any games as a result.
Aug 11, 2011NFLPedal Ankle Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1Edelman suffered a preseason injury (sprained ankle) against the Jags and missed the following preseason game.
Aug 27, 2011NFLHandEdelman sustained an unspecified hand injury in the 3rd preseason game but missed no meaningful time.
Oct 2, 2011NFLPedal Ankle Sprain Grade 2Edelman missed 3 games plus the bye week after spraining his left ankle.
Sep 23, 2012NFLHand Metacarpal FractureEdelman injured his left hand against the Ravens and missed the next 3 games. Not many specifics available.
Nov 22, 2012NFLHead Cranial Concussion Grade 1After catching a 3-yard pass, Edelman was hit hard and fumbled the ball and diagnosed with a Grade 1 concussion. He left the game and didn't return.
Dec 2, 2012NFLPedal Foot FractureEdelman fractured his right foot in the 4th quarter against Miami and missed the final 4 games. He landed on IR and had surgery, though the surgery timing is not clear.
May 30, 2013NFLPedal FootEdelman aggravated the foot he fractured in 2012 but was participating by June OTAs and fine for camp.
Nov 16, 2014NFLLeg Thigh BruiseEdelman came down hard on a yard marker and missed practice time off and on over multiple weeks. He missed no games, though.
Dec 14, 2014NFLHead Cranial Concussion Grade 1Edelman was diagnosed with a concussion after the Week 15 game and ended up missing the last 2 games of the season.
Feb 1, 2015NFLHead Cranial Concussion Grade 1Edelman appeared to suffer a concussion in the Super Bowl, though he reportedly passed his concussion test during the game.
Aug 2, 2015NFLPedal Ankle Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1Edelman sprained his ankle in camp and missed all of the preseason.
Nov 15, 2015NFLPedal Foot FractureEdelman suffered a Jones fracture in his left foot in Week 10 and missed the rest of the regular season (7 games). He returned for the playoffs.
May 6, 2016Non-NFLPedal FootEdelman had a 2nd surgery on his fractured left foot sometime in early May to re-insert a screw. He returned to game action in the 3rd preseason contest.
Sep 27, 2016NFLPedal FootEdelman showed up on the injury report with soreness in his twice-repaired foot but didn't miss any game time.
Aug 25, 2017NFLKnee ACL Tear Grade 3Edelman tore his right ACL in the 3rd preseason game. He landed on IR and had surgery sometime in the final week of September.
Nov 20, 2019NFLShoulder A/C Joint SeparationEdelman was limited at practice ahead of the Week 12 game against the Cowboys with a shoulder injury. He had offseason procedure to repair the shoulder
Sep 16, 2020NFLKnee Patella SprainEdelman practiced in a limited fashion all week ahead of the Week 2 game due to a knee issue. He was active for the game against the Seahawks
Oct 29, 2020NFLKnee Patella SprainEdelman underwent a precautionary procedure to address a chronic knee injury. He landed on IR and missed 10 games

Edelman's injury history... Slot machine WR is a dangerous position. Hopefully Renfrow has similar resilience and just needs more time gets back to prior form. This list, tho... :oops:

Oct 21, 2009NFLArm Forearm FractureEdelman missed 2 games plus the bye after fracturing his right arm. He later missed 2 more games. Not clear whether it was the same issue.
Aug 19, 2010NFLPedal Foot SprainEdelman sat out the final 2 preseason games and the regular-season opener with a foot sprain.
Oct 17, 2010NFLHead Cranial Concussion Grade 1Edelman was diagnosed with a concussion but wasn't forced to miss any games as a result.
Aug 11, 2011NFLPedal Ankle Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1Edelman suffered a preseason injury (sprained ankle) against the Jags and missed the following preseason game.
Aug 27, 2011NFLHandEdelman sustained an unspecified hand injury in the 3rd preseason game but missed no meaningful time.
Oct 2, 2011NFLPedal Ankle Sprain Grade 2Edelman missed 3 games plus the bye week after spraining his left ankle.
Sep 23, 2012NFLHand Metacarpal FractureEdelman injured his left hand against the Ravens and missed the next 3 games. Not many specifics available.
Nov 22, 2012NFLHead Cranial Concussion Grade 1After catching a 3-yard pass, Edelman was hit hard and fumbled the ball and diagnosed with a Grade 1 concussion. He left the game and didn't return.
Dec 2, 2012NFLPedal Foot FractureEdelman fractured his right foot in the 4th quarter against Miami and missed the final 4 games. He landed on IR and had surgery, though the surgery timing is not clear.
May 30, 2013NFLPedal FootEdelman aggravated the foot he fractured in 2012 but was participating by June OTAs and fine for camp.
Nov 16, 2014NFLLeg Thigh BruiseEdelman came down hard on a yard marker and missed practice time off and on over multiple weeks. He missed no games, though.
Dec 14, 2014NFLHead Cranial Concussion Grade 1Edelman was diagnosed with a concussion after the Week 15 game and ended up missing the last 2 games of the season.
Feb 1, 2015NFLHead Cranial Concussion Grade 1Edelman appeared to suffer a concussion in the Super Bowl, though he reportedly passed his concussion test during the game.
Aug 2, 2015NFLPedal Ankle Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1Edelman sprained his ankle in camp and missed all of the preseason.
Nov 15, 2015NFLPedal Foot FractureEdelman suffered a Jones fracture in his left foot in Week 10 and missed the rest of the regular season (7 games). He returned for the playoffs.
May 6, 2016Non-NFLPedal FootEdelman had a 2nd surgery on his fractured left foot sometime in early May to re-insert a screw. He returned to game action in the 3rd preseason contest.
Sep 27, 2016NFLPedal FootEdelman showed up on the injury report with soreness in his twice-repaired foot but didn't miss any game time.
Aug 25, 2017NFLKnee ACL Tear Grade 3Edelman tore his right ACL in the 3rd preseason game. He landed on IR and had surgery sometime in the final week of September.
Nov 20, 2019NFLShoulder A/C Joint SeparationEdelman was limited at practice ahead of the Week 12 game against the Cowboys with a shoulder injury. He had offseason procedure to repair the shoulder
Sep 16, 2020NFLKnee Patella SprainEdelman practiced in a limited fashion all week ahead of the Week 2 game due to a knee issue. He was active for the game against the Seahawks
Oct 29, 2020NFLKnee Patella SprainEdelman underwent a precautionary procedure to address a chronic knee injury. He landed on IR and missed 10 games

:oops: tough dude

Al's kid did remarkably well to modernize the business opps by getting them to Vegas and able to compete financially. But his team management has been pretty terrible since taking the reins. Hiring Ronald McDonald and his college buddy to run the roster is strike three for Mark Davis. So what if I agreed at the time that McD was a good/smart hire? I am a nobody who isn't paid gajillions of dollars to research and make those calls. Mark is. And he appears now to be ZERO for three in hiring team builders between Mumbles McKenzie, Michelin Lips Gruden, and House McDonald.

Last edited:

No matter what they try to do, nothing works. No matter the GM, coaches, players, team building strategies, everything fails. The more that changes with this franchise, the more things just stay the same. It’s the NFL version of the Blair Whitch Project. They’re lost just wandering in circles, with little glimmers of hope here and there, ultimately ending badly.
The organization isn’t cursed. Far from it. The organization imply makes a bunch of horrible decisions year after year. It starts with talent on the field and the Raiders don’t have enough of it. You cannot miss on 90% of your early draft picks for years and have a good team. It’s going to be a long season and another long season next year even if the team begins drafting well. There are so many holes to fill.

The Raiders and Steelers are both bad teams right now and are a great example of bad organizations vs good organizations. Guess which one is in the playoffs next? It’s the team that commits to a good HC and knows how to draft. It’s the team that commits to their system and knows how to use FA to bring in a missing piece each year. It’s the team that doesn’t quit at halftime all season long. The Steelers draft good WRs and great defensive players along with a few other good players every year. The Raiders are lucky to draft one starter each year.

I hope the Raiders do lose to the Colts. This season is over. It is time to look ahead and rebuild the team. The Raiders need to lose out to obtain as much draft capital as possible.

The organization isn’t cursed. Far from it. The organization imply makes a bunch of horrible decisions year after year. It starts with talent on the field and the Raiders don’t have enough of it. You cannot miss on 90% of your early draft picks for years and have a good team. It’s going to be a long season and another long season next year even if the team begins drafting well. There are so many holes to fill.

The Raiders and Steelers are both bad teams right now and are a great example of bad organizations vs good organizations. Guess which one is in the playoffs next? It’s the team that commits to a good HC and knows how to draft. It’s the team that commits to their system and knows how to use FA to bring in a missing piece each year. It’s the team that doesn’t quit at halftime all season long. The Steelers draft good WRs and great defensive players along with a few other good players every year. The Raiders are lucky to draft one starter each year.
Agreed. As I posted earlier, just look at their 1st round draft picks the past 25 years. Charles Woodson is the only contemporary HOFer and he had to leave the Raiders to win a championship.
Since then Mack and Cooper are the only draft picks worthy of being selected in the 1st round.
I say “cursed” only because sometimes luck comes into play once in awhile right? Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Gruden / Mayock had HORRIBLE drafts. It's kind of hard to get how bad. Here's their draft history (reminder Mayock / Gruden drafted from 2018 to 2021): https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/rai/draft.htm

That's 7 first round picks - with ZERO hits. The best pick has been an average RB who didn't even get his 5th year option picked up.

There's also a lot of hype about last year, but the Raiders squeaked into the playoffs after playing THE easiest schedule in the NFL. The teams they played had the worst win total in 2021 and thus
the Raiders had the #1 cucpcake schedule. And still - barely got into the playoffs.

I say all this just to point out - McDaniels tenure has been bad. But he didn't take over a real playoff team, he took over a bad team with a very abd talent level. A team which had 1 winning season since 2016 while playing the easiest schedule in the entire NFL. This isn't an excuse for McDaniels and Carr, but a reflection that, to DocHolliday's point, they are part of a bad organization that appeared better than it was due to a flukey 2021.

Will it ever stop?
I don't think you can shame Adams with that.

Gruden / Mayock had HORRIBLE drafts. It's kind of hard to get how bad. Here's their draft history (reminder Mayock / Gruden drafted from 2018 to 2021): https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/rai/draft.htm

That's 7 first round picks - with ZERO hits. The best pick has been an average RB who didn't even get his 5th year option picked up.

There's also a lot of hype about last year, but the Raiders squeaked into the playoffs after playing THE easiest schedule in the NFL. The teams they played had the worst win total in 2021 and thus
the Raiders had the #1 cucpcake schedule. And still - barely got into the playoffs.

I say all this just to point out - McDaniels tenure has been bad. But he didn't take over a real playoff team, he took over a bad team with a very abd talent level. A team which had 1 winning season since 2016 while playing the easiest schedule in the entire NFL. This isn't an excuse for McDaniels and Carr, but a reflection that, to DocHolliday's point, they are part of a bad organization that appeared better than it was due to a flukey 2021.
"an average RB"? :lmao: Ok.

If Carr is a true leader and a legit NFL QB, he will find a way to transcend whatever struggles are going on right now with Ronny Mac.

His best friends are there to help him. Prove us wrong, Derek & Davante & Josh & OL & Darren & Hunter & Foster & Mack. As a team. Fight or die.

I don’t mind this, actually. Season is written off already. Give some kids a chance to play.
Moreau has looked good in relief and maybe gets uncorked a little more knowing he has a run of starts coming up.
and we all agree that Renfrow has looked “damaged” since the Cards game, so let him get healed up and we get more Hollins and maybe throw some other kids in there too (ie. NOT Cole, who is a good vet fallback to have when you’re contending, but not someone you need to see more of when you’re looking to next year).

Really can not care much less.

I'm going out for the Pats game next month, and I don't care.

Put a competitive product on the field, and they'll get my attention. I doubt I'll watch another game this year, aside from the one I attend. They don't deserve any of our attention until they prove they can beat anyone.

I'll check in on ESPN.com this Sunday, I'm sure they will make it a competitive game with the biggest train wreck in the league, the Colts.

Final will probably be 16-13, just two blind monkeys humping a football.

Users who are viewing this thread