What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 New York Jets: Bye Bye (3 Viewers)

Ravens just announced that they didn't reach a deal with Lamar. He's playing out the last year of his deal.

If Wilson doesn't come back, stay healthy and show a LOT,(as in "this kid is clearly going to be a top 10 QB in the next year or 2") I'm offering Lamar whatever he wants to be the QB of the NY Jets. Give him the Watson deal. I honestly dont care.

edit: never mind....I'm stupid. The Ravens would obviously franchise tag him.

White, Johnson, and Flacco all had good FF games last year. Was that luck, or is it LaFleur genius?

Can we start Elijah Moore with confidence, as a WR2/3?

White, Johnson, and Flacco all had good FF games last year. Was that luck, or is it LaFleur genius?

While I dont believe Flacco is going to win many games for the Jets (especially against this early schedule) he can still sling it. So if this makeshift OL can keep him somewhat upright, I think Moore will produce at least WR3 #'s. He's really talented.

The Jets are going to be behind a lot this first month. I'd very surprised if Moore doesn't do some damage.

Moore is always open. Sadly I have more faith in Flacco hitting him than Wilson at this point.

I'm benching Moore for D johnson this week...

I know its been a rough few weeks (decades lol) but I am very interested to see how the D plays this week... and if Breece can be unleashed...

Re Brown: This is so typical for this franchise that it's not even surprising. Anyway, other teams are capable of plugging in mid-round draft picks into their o-line, so why can't we? That's rhetorical! I'm sure you can list a few reasons.

Re QBs: Allen is a stud, but I'm not convinced that he would have been this good with our player "development" and surrounding.

Re Brown: This is so typical for this franchise that it's not even surprising. Anyway, other teams are capable of plugging in mid-round draft picks into their o-line, so why can't we? That's rhetorical! I'm sure you can list a few reasons.

Re QBs: Allen is a stud, but I'm not convinced that he would have been this good with our player "development" and surrounding.
well Max Mitchell is getting the start at RT this week, we shall see how he holds up...

I remember listening to so many podcasts that year on Allen, most Jets podcasts had no interest in him, credit to his work ethic, he's a beast...

Joe D is gonna get 14 weeks to evaluate and if Zach fizzles, he probably will get one more crack at a QB next year as the class looks deep...

This thread is the biggest buzzkill I've ever read. I was looking forward to tomorrow. Now it's Flacco starting, no WIlson for weeks, a shoddy offensive line, and everything that goes with all of those things.

Just...sucks.

This thread is the biggest buzzkill I've ever read. I was looking forward to tomorrow. Now it's Flacco starting, no WIlson for weeks, a shoddy offensive line, and everything that goes with all of those things.

Just...sucks.
A home game, on 9/11, will be emotional for many people. Saleh's brother was in the 2nd tower when the plane hit and managed to escape down the stairs. A daughter of one of the firefighters who died will sing the anthem.

Back to regular programming. The Jets have some potential FF starters, including Moore, my WR#2, and the RBs. If the offense does score a decent number of points, my admiration for Mike LaFleur will grow. How did Mike White, Josh Johnson, and Flacco have several very good games in 2021? Plus, the Jets have several other youngins worth watching, including Sauce and Johnson.

I have Moore ranked as a top 20 WR for as long as Wilson is not their starting QB. He's a special talent. If I had any confidence in Wilson, I'd rank him higher in season-long leagues.

Good luck today, Jets fans.

Ravens won't have Ronnie Stanley at LT and I doubt we see much (if any) of Dobbins. Man-mountain rookie DT Travis Jones isn't playing either, I don't think.

Some of my fellow Ravens fans think this will be a blowout for Baltimore, but I'm not so sure. The Ravens haven't had anything close to a full team on the field together since preseason 2021 and I think it might take a bit for them to get going. People can say what they want about Flacco, but he's won a ton of games, he won't flinch, and he's got some nice skill pieces around him.

I have Moore ranked as a top 20 WR for as long as Wilson is not their starting QB. He's a special talent. If I had any confidence in Wilson, I'd rank him higher in season-long leagues.
I'm alllllll over Moore over 3.5 receptions -189 today.

Saleh will undoubtedly keep rolling with Flacco, but wish they’d give White a shot. Don’t think he could be any worse and played well at times last year.

Just a total joke. Everything was in slow motion all day. (Especially flacco. Not sure he could take me in the 40 or a short shuttle drill) Mistakes both mental and physical, no easy yards. Missed kicks. Drops. Same as always.

Another summer of big talk followed by another embarrassing performance. Sundays are freed up again this fall.

I’m not watching Flacco again. **** the Jets if they put him back out there.
He was putrid...looked old and washed. How can it be any worse with Mike White. They kept him for a reason....he looked better last year in the Cincy game than any other Jets QB in years...why not?????

He was putrid...looked old and washed. How can it be any worse with Mike White. They kept him for a reason....he looked better last year in the Cincy game than any other Jets QB in years...why not?????
Flacco also looked like he couldn’t give a crap at all.
Yeah, White has has his flaws but he also has so much more upside than Flacco and can at worst be a long time back up. There’s nothing to lose because Flacco is not winning a game in Cleveland.

Yeah, White has has his flaws but he also has so much more upside than Flacco and can at worst be a long time back up. There’s nothing to lose because Flacco is not winning a game in Cleveland.
Flacco has to be the most stoic player in the league except for one play that I wish I had snapped a picture of my tv. He had this one expression on the sideline of being completely lost. Priceless.

I'm losing faith in Saleh. If I hear him compliment Flacco one more time, I'm going to completely tune him out. The o-line did him no favors, but please no more of this guy. He stinks and has no future. I'd rather give White a shot. Hell, I rather play Streveler over Flacco. Enough.

Saleh says no more talk of moral victories, but then talks about how proud he was of hard hard his guys played. Sigh.

Greg the Leg missing a fg and pat has to be the most Jets thing of all time. JD, keep picking from the scrap heap. Every single year.

Just a total joke. Everything was in slow motion all day. (Especially flacco. Not sure he could take me in the 40 or a short shuttle drill) Mistakes both mental and physical, no easy yards. Missed kicks. Drops. Same as always.

Another summer of big talk followed by another embarrassing performance. Sundays are freed up again this fall.

I would bet on you over Flacco even if you were in a wheelchair missing both back wheels with 200 pounds on your lap.

Flacco has to be the most stoic player in the league except for one play that I wish I had snapped a picture of my tv. He had this one expression on the sideline of being completely lost. Priceless.

I'm losing faith in Saleh. If I hear him compliment Flacco one more time, I'm going to completely tune him out. The o-line did him no favors, but please no more of this guy. He stinks and has no future. I'd rather give White a shot. Hell, I rather play Streveler over Flacco. Enough.

Saleh says no more talk of moral victories, but then talks about how proud he was of hard hard his guys played. Sigh.

Greg the Leg missing a fg and pat has to be the most Jets thing of all time. JD, keep picking from the scrap heap. Every single year.
If Joe Flacco is starting next week, and I’m home watching football, I’ll only see him on the Red Zone channel (which means I won’t see him much).

Meet the new Jets....same as the old Jets...

This season can spiral out of control quickly...the best chance they have at a win the next few weeks is at Cleveland and thats a tall ask. If they stubbornly stick with Flacco then they deserve what they get....likely an 0-4 start or worse and another lost season out of it in October. The only think to watch would be the development of Wilson at that point. Its getting to the point of hopelessness which is a bad place to be after week freaking 1 and such an optimistic offseason.
Hot seat would officially be on - Im depressed to even have to write the below but game 1 was that bad.

JD - Maybe Im delusional but this is not a talent issue IMO - they have the players. JD has to be held accountable for having an awful backup QB but so does 95% of the league...lets see how Dallas fares without Dak. OL is a disaster but Im not sure how JD could prepare to lose his starting T and a high paid replacement. Besides that the talent is there. Maybe Im delusional but if there is a change I dont think its JD.

Saleh - The problem with being a rah rah coach is that it wears thin when you lose. As said above he talks of no moral victories in one sentence then pats his team on the back for being blown out on the other. He stubbornly sticks with Flacco - the OC had a ridiculously vanilla gameplan likely because of the OL/Flacco but they have playmakers - I didnt see any creativity to get them the ball in space. The defense hung in there but constantly beat by the big play, 3rd and long and penalties - all traits of prior losing Jet teams. I like Saleh but its time to win - all teams have depth issues - no more excuses. If he wants to roll with flacco instead of trying another option then he better make the O work with that statue back there - he has to be judged by wins and losses and if he guides them to another 4-6 win season I dont think its unfair that he be fired if there is a better option.

Yeah, if he starts next week and the weather is nice, I'm playing golf. Just not worth watching. If Hall or Sauce or Moore or Wilson make a great play, I'll catch the highlights.

We're running out of warm weekends and life is too short to spend it watching terrible football.

flacco just seems so checked out. like he isn’t even a jet, just some guy playing out his career at qb. honestly, no reason not to play white who may well be a viable backup. flacco last won a game during the reagan administration? the OL was middling, hard to believe ATV was a premium pick. like i said elsewhere, berrios is a nice story, but everything going his way should be going to garrett wilson. also, when you fall behind 20 or so, which will happen often, show some urgency….no huddle, move quicker. 3-14 and nyj select a punter in the top 5.

JD - Maybe Im delusional but this is not a talent issue IMO - they have the players. JD has to be held accountable for having an awful backup QB but so does 95% of the league...lets see how Dallas fares without Dak. OL is a disaster but Im not sure how JD could prepare to lose his starting T and a high paid replacement. Besides that the talent is there. Maybe Im delusional but if there is a change I dont think its JD.
There has definitely been an influx of talent, but the Breece Hall pick looks more and more puzzling. Not that they necessarily would have nailed the pick with someone else, but it seems like a much lower position of need with the capable Carter already in the stable.

Flacco is just so slow getting the ball out. On the bright side, I thought the defense looked pretty good, compared to last year.

OL is a disaster but Im not sure how JD could prepare to lose his starting T and a high paid replacement.

Even if we want to say that Becton was forseeable, Brown going down is just bad luck.
I know the results aren't there but I still think JD has done a great job with roster construction - they just need to solve the most important position unfortunately. Maybe, Wilson comes back on fire and we have some hope, but we probably know how this story ends.

Yeah, respectfully disagree RE: Hall. He obviously didn't do much this week (and the fumble was brutal) but I believe in his talent. And in 2022, you need two RB's. If you can have 2 talented RB's on rookie deals....all the better.

And yeah, they picked him after taking 3 need positions in the first round. I was all for it then and one bad week doesn't change that. I believe he's going to make a big impact if they actually block for him.

He stubbornly sticks with Flacco - the OC had a ridiculously vanilla gameplan likely because of the OL/Flacco but they have playmakers

I think we all know Flacco is starting next week, and if/when he does, I'll no longer worry about yet another rotation in the coaching staff and may start looking forward to it.

I know Sean Payton is waiting out the Cowboys HC position, but maybe the Jets need to start the courting process there.

OL is a disaster but Im not sure how JD could prepare to lose his starting T and a high paid replacement.

Even if we want to say that Becton was forseeable, Brown going down is just bad luck.
I know the results aren't there but I still think JD has done a great job with roster construction - they just need to solve the most important position unfortunately. Maybe, Wilson comes back on fire and we have some hope, but we probably know how this story ends.
if you give JD kudos, then you need to fully discuss his 2020 draft, which is absolutely crippling right now. 2022 seems productive, but years like 2020 define this franchise.

if you give JD kudos, then you need to fully discuss his 2020 draft, which is absolutely crippling right now. 2022 seems productive, but years like 2020 define this franchise.
I'm not going into the whole Becton thing again but JD is by far the best GM this team has had in years and years. Be careful what you wish for there.

ut the Breece Hall pick looks more and more puzzling
It was their fourth pick of the draft. I don't have a problem with it. I think he'll show up at some point.
True, but they could used that fourth pick (early 2nd) for a bigger positional need and drafted a decent RB later. Now if Breece turns out to be a difference maker, and I obviously hope he does, then I will retract my statement.

There is no reason to watch until Zach comes back, or if White gets a shot. Another brutal start, but we are numb to that at this point, if it wasn't for fantasy football, I probably would have stopped watching the NFL a long time ago...

The D looked decent, but this offensive game-plan was horrific. How can the Jets screw up the kicker yet again?

ut the Breece Hall pick looks more and more puzzling
It was their fourth pick of the draft. I don't have a problem with it. I think he'll show up at some point.
True, but they could used that fourth pick (early 2nd) for a bigger positional need and drafted a decent RB later. Now if Breece turns out to be a difference maker, and I obviously hope he does, then I will retract my statement.

I guess the question is....who are you taking instead? Who was available at a position of need? What even are/were the positions of need that they didn't fill?

Obviously we can say OT now, but at the time of the draft, they had a "healthy" Becton. And no OT's went in round 2 anyway.

They had their guards and they're comfortable with their C.

They didn't need a WR, corner or safety. They'd already addressed the D-line (and would do so again taking Clemons later).

I suppose you could make the argument that they could have taking a swing at a high upside pass rush prospect (like Ojabo from Michigan or Mafe) but I wouldn't change the pick.

Just watched some of that game. Flacco is gonna have the Jets fans clamoring for Zach Wilson.

Mike White will be starting week 2, yes?

Carter is not built for a full-time role and you need 2 guys for this system & the way RBs get hurt. Without Hall we're looking at Ty Johnson and potentially Tevin Coleman. Not to mention hordes of fans crying that we never get enough weapons for our QB.

Hall was a fine pick. Let's move on to other areas of potential negligence.

Offensive line spotlight: The Jets' offensive line combined to allow a whopping 20 pressures on first review. Laken Tomlinson was the main victim, surrendering seven hurries and losing another seven reps that didn't become pressure
—————————————————-
Money well spent.

Offensive line spotlight: The Jets' offensive line combined to allow a whopping 20 pressures on first review. Laken Tomlinson was the main victim, surrendering seven hurries and losing another seven reps that didn't become pressure
—————————————————-
Money well spent.
Im tired of all these FAs going down the tubes once they put on a Jet uniform. This guy was a best...now hes a liability on a shaky OL? Brown never gets hurt in Seattle for years - barely made 2 weeks as a Jet....Depressing

Yeah.....REALLY hope it was just a fluke performance by Tomlinson (partially caused by him trying to cover for Fant, who was an obvious disaster).

Things get really rough looking if he's not an absolute rock at LG

Had a long drive today - listening to the Giants praise after their win followed by literally the same Jet bashing Ive heard for a decade is painful.....Im not a believer in the "jet curse" type of things but tell me if you think that was the Jets playing Tenn that the kick wouldnt have been right down the middle lol.

I dont know why I thought it would be different even with Flacco for a few weeks but I did. I didnt realize how bad he was though - he is literally awful. The OL certainly didnt help but honestly I dont understand how paid NFL coaches/evaluators can possibly let him start next week....that being said I know they will but as a fan who knows enough about the game to be disgusted.

Ill watch the next few weeks but Ill be shocked if they are even competitive if Flacco plays anything like he did on Sunday.

For all the piling on Saleh - the OC should be officially on the clock - he better have a completely new imaginitive gameplan next week because that was an embarassment.

Feel like LeFleur was very vanilla early last year too. But it was his first time calling games and they didn't have much to work with (plus Moore was out early last year).

No reason not to have a better game plan this year. They just had nothing. It was Flacco drops back, Baltimore gets pressure up the middle, Flacco makes bad throw. Rinse and repeat 50 times.

Users who are viewing this thread