What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 New York Jets: Bye Bye (11 Viewers)

Offensive line spotlight: The Jets' offensive line combined to allow a whopping 20 pressures on first review. Laken Tomlinson was the main victim, surrendering seven hurries and losing another seven reps that didn't become pressure
—————————————————-
Money well spent.
Im tired of all these FAs going down the tubes once they put on a Jet uniform. This guy was a best...now hes a liability on a shaky OL? Brown never gets hurt in Seattle for years - barely made 2 weeks as a Jet....Depressing
Oh, and we managed to find the ONE dud from the Shanahan coaching tree. Jets gone Jet. :kicksrock:

Feel like LeFleur was very vanilla early last year too. But it was his first time calling games and they didn't have much to work with (plus Moore was out early last year).

No reason not to have a better game plan this year. They just had nothing. It was Flacco drops back, Baltimore gets pressure up the middle, Flacco makes bad throw. Rinse and repeat 50 times.
Game plan kind of sucked, but Flacco is not suited for his type of offense. I'm willing to bet that played a major factor.

Seems like a lot of people had issue with Saleh's "receipts" comments today. I've got a feeling the heat in the kitchen is going to get a lot stronger from the media very soon. The fan base is already irritated. At some point you have to back up all the confidence nonsense. That point is coming very soon if not here already. I have a feeling that it's going to get ugly if they lose to Cleveland.

Blood is officially in the water on Saleh - honeymoon is over.

The receipts comment is dumb - the worst thing he could do is start picking fights with the media and fanbase. I know he is technically year 2 into a rebuild but for the fans its been the same rebuild from Bowles to Gase to Saleh. Saleh clearly has the most talent of all as well. No one would complain if they lost a hotly contested game to a solid Balt team - but to get pummeled in your home opener after months to prepare, rebuilt offense still looks inept and uncreative, make the same mistakes that you made last year, then praise effort once again after the game? Im sorry, I really like Saleh but he is making a mistake, He should start getting angry at his players and demanding results from them - even if it means scrapping the Flacco experiment early. He wont though as they are petrified of starting Mike White for some reason who beat the AFC champs.....what the heck is there to lose? He deserves the wrath

If they lose to Cleveland this is going to get ugly fast

Yeah, I dont get the approach at all. We're sick of hearing "Well....we'll show YOU!!!!". Ok......freakin SHOW us already!!!!

Missing QB1 and having to re-shuffle your tackles 2 days prior to the opener (after replacing one of them already and now starting a rookie) was a rough scenario. I wasn't expecting them to win. (Was anyone?) But the total vanilla nature of the offense and constant mistakes just reeks of SOJ.

Picking a fight with the media and the fan base was DEFINITELY not the way to go here....especially with Wilson still out multiple weeks. Just a bad decision for sure. An 0-4 start and we're officially on Saleh watch.

Unleash Streveler!

We know that wont happen, but really what do they have to lose at this point, this O is a joke right now and the D can only last so long with all the 3 and outs...

They are waaaaay too afraid of the "what if" if they start White or Streveler. Unless he went 4-0, Flacco neatly goes back in the utility drawer once Wilson is healthy. But the other two... if they have good games even in losses, it becomes a QB controversy.

But at this point, so what? I'd welcome a qb controversy if it means no more TD-free first halves. That's been going on far too long.

They are waaaaay too afraid of the "what if" if they start White or Streveler. Unless he went 4-0, Flacco neatly goes back in the utility drawer once Wilson is healthy. But the other two... if they have good games even in losses, it becomes a QB controversy.

But at this point, so what? I'd welcome a qb controversy if it means no more TD-free first halves. That's been going on far too long.
you nailed it, they aren't trying to win games they are protecting a QB so they can "develop" him..., nothing earned on this team.. its brutal, they are simply finding out if they need to draft a top QB again as they are all but certain at this point to be a top 5 pick next year...

I mean lets get the ghost of Parcells in here, what a refreshing change to see a coach across the street have the guts to win a game, congrats Giants fans...

Losing to Jacoby Brissett should wake the coaching staff up, I suppose.
Im not sure it will...Saleh is making it sound like he has unlimited time for a rebuild and because they dont have ZW this is just a development year as a whole - you dont get that in yr 2 in the NFL. Just look at Detroit - they have less talent than the Jets overall...a pretty lousy QB by NFL standards and they were in on every game last year and started this year strong. We are talking the Lions here....this current attitude of the coach is unacceptable.

you nailed it, they aren't trying to win games they are protecting a QB so they can "develop" him..., nothing earned on this team.. its brutal, they are simply finding out if they need to draft a top QB again as they are all but certain at this point to be a top 5 pick next year...

I mean lets get the ghost of Parcells in here, what a refreshing change to see a coach across the street have the guts to win a game, congrats Giants fans...

All summer long you heard what a disaster their offense was in camp. Almost the opposite vibe of the Jets. Then they go out and win on the road with that incredibly gutsy call. I had to give Daboll an ovation. I even thought, well we could have hired him. Must be nice to play with guts.

Yeah, Saleh is running out of time. Not too many people expected us to win this week, but we were hoping to play with guts and give Baltimore a run for their money. Not with this coaching staff. Spare us the bs, too. We're too savvy and loyal. We know a con when we see it....and trust me/us, we've seen it before and before and before.

Don't worry guys, JD and Saleh are on top of things. They recognized that B Mann was the second worst punter this week and decided that we needed to bring in last year's worst NFL punter as competition. Maybe that will boost Mann's confidence.

Since it’s Fatty Francesca saying it, it probably means the Johnsons are never selling, but let’s hope he’s right for once.
I think its just speculation based on the Jets having an out on their lease coming up - I dont see any way they leave Met Life after investing hundreds of millions in their facility 20 minutes away.

Im not a Johnson fan but its not like hes the main reason for the Jets being losers...its like the myth of sharing a stadium

Hes not a Wilpon who refuses to spend money. I also dont think hes a meddler (except for the Tebow debacle) - his biggest problem is he makes bad hires, is distracted by other things (politics especially) and doesnt focus on wining enough. That being said if there was a 1% chance that Woody sells to the Mets owner Id be thrilled.

Word of advice to fellow Jets fans. Don't watch the Coach's film of last week's game. It's worse than I remember for the O-line. Tomlinson was awful. Pushed back to the QB on almost every play so far. That left side of the line doesn't really get any push on runs either.

I thought the Jets were underrated and have felt that way all off season since the Draft.

-They have loads of talent at WR, Hall can make plays, Wilson will upgrade the passing game, they're going places.

Big win IMHO, 6 point dogs and they pull it off. Were competitive last week vs the Ravens and likely showed Miami at least a couple ways that helped them get the crazy comeback in the 4th today.

Good luck until we square off with you all. Would like to see more Moore but Wilson helps when Wilson returns, They're going to be dangerous and pretty soon 3 out of 4 teams in the East and 3-4 teams in the West are going to be strong Playoff contenders.

Cheers!

Nice win today. Stunning actually. Spent the day with my brother and I told him to watch his Giants because the Jets game was over. We had been switching back and forth during relevant parts of each game. He's doing well, thank you for asking. Turns out the Jets game really wasn't over after all.

And whoa! What a finish!

Based on the game I saw, Breece Hall and Garrett Wilson continue to demand to be integrated more into the offense. I almost picked up Garrett Wilson in a league on a feeling before the game. Looks like that ship sailed. He looked good.

As always, I'm a honk for Hall, but he looked pretty darn good, too. Needs to maybe get a little more adjusted to the pro game, but 7-50 on the ground is very good.

As for Flacco? Hey, he's game. He didn't quit or pout when they were down 30-17. Showed me something.

Really happy with the win. Feel good about it, even though I was switching back and forth between that game and the Giants game.

Last edited:
Still processing as after watching this team for 40 yrs my head cant compute the Jets actually winning a game like that....I kept waiting for the bottom to fall out and my heart ripped out somewhere in that frantic comeback after I accepted it was over. Kudos to the team, Saleh and Flacco for not giving up and finishing the job.

Can this miracle be a season/regime changer....the seeds are there. Saleh showed really leadership....MLF showed creativity on O...Wilson looks like an alpha bona fide stud WR and with Davis/Moore that is a dangerous trio. If Conklin can stop fumbling the ball he has shown he can get open and make plays....the RBs are solid and make plays - if Wilson can come back and even be average this offense is dangerous....too bad about the OL - a healthy Becton mauling would have been so huge. That will be addressed next offseason as a priority im sure.

Defense looked ok for the most part - Sauce is legit and even a pass rush sometimes...definitely things to be optimistic and build on

Fantastic win but likely more that Cleveland lost it...but so what. How many of these types of games did the Jets blow! Winning teams get and take advantage of breaks like that! Now a same old JEts move would be to get blown out at home by Cincy....lets see if they can kick the Bengals while they are down and make this an interesting season...what a difference a week and a miracle win make!

Obviously a pretty incredible ending. Glad I stuck around for it. I was on the fence about watching the game (was gonna go play golf if the first Q didn't go well) and obviously got very close to turning it off after the Chubb TD. It was a fluke win, but a great win nonetheless.

Flacco- last week was obviously rough and he still missed some (what looked like) easy throws this week. But at the end of the day, he threw for 300 yards and 4 TD's against a pretty talented D. So give the guy credit.

Rb's- decently productive day for Carter. (not great on his carries, but he caught 5 balls) Nice work for Hall on limited touches. Gotta get him more looks. I like Carter, but I have to believe Hall is the superior talent.

TE- I think we're starting to see a little bit of why Conklin shook loose in Free Agency. He's already put the ball on the ground multiple times and I believe he had at least 1 drop. Still giving us more than pretty much any TE over the past decade (low bar there) but I think the talk of him being a major steal were greatly exaggerated. Ruckert dropped his one target, which is not a great look. But he's known as a good blocker, so I'm sure he did a lot of the chipping work that (presumably) helped to wear down Garrett late in the game.

WR's- I was against the Wilson pick when they made it. That wasn't an anti-Wilson stance...I just thought (and still think) that Jameson Williams is a potential game breaking player. But it looks like the faith in Wilson was well placed. He's clearly an incredible route runner with elite level balance and body control. He's not a powerful runner after the catch,(and i worry a little about ball security. He seems to have a little "carrying it like a loaf of bread" going on) but he's shifty and creative. I was crushed for him after the late drop (figured he had just ruined a great day) but he bounced back. Seems like a great kid with an incredibly high ceiling. Corey Davis caught the big one on the busted coverage but other than that....nothing special. I didn't think he made a very good effort to get to that deep bomb that Flacco threw late in the game (After he was scrambling for a few seconds). A little disappointed in Moore so far (figured he'd really hit the ground running) but I dont doubt his talent. They used Berrios exactly how they should be. (although I thought they went to the end-around well one time too many).

OL- Not terrible. There were some holes for the running game and for the most part...Garrett didn't wreck things. (although it got close). Saleh mentioned that he felt they wore down Garrett with 60 minutes of double teams and chip blocks, and I do think Clowney getting hurt helped us in a big way late. Mitchell isn't embarrassing himself out there (some bad plays for sure, but he's a small school rookie) and he made a huge play recovering the Conklin fumble. Fant allowed the most pressures. Will be interesting to see what happens if Brown comes back (which I'm guessing wont happen).

DL- Really struggled to finish plays and get anyone on the ground.(only 1 sack, lots of extra yards from the RB's) I was about to put out an Amber Alert for Lawson until he combined on that sack late. Really haven't heard his name called much in 2 games, which is concerning. Q Williams seems to be the only standout. He's never gonna be Aaron Donald, but he makes enough impact plays to be noticed. Pay that man his money.

LB- again, lots of missed/not finished tackles (allowing Chubb and Hunt to constantly get 2-3 extra yards). Saleh said we were trying to strip the ball too much instead of wrapping up. Mosley got juked out of his shoes once that I saw. Alexander made at least one really big play.

DB's- Well, Sauce got taught a little bit of a lesson by Cooper yesterday. Someone finally threw at him and they had a lot of success. He's a rookie. Even Revis had bad days as a rookie. But he showed that he's nowhere near invincible. Cincy will test him next week for sure. DJ Reed was all over the field. Great signing. Was interesting to see Echols active over Hall. Hall obviously got beat for the TD last week, but I didnt think he played badly overall. Not sure if Echols has just passed him or if this was a matchup thing (maybe Echols is better against the run? No idea). But when Sauce got dinged up, Echols made a couple of really big plays. And of course, of all people....Davis makes the game clinching INT. LOL

Specials- obviously huge. Zuerlein bounced back and made a long FG and Mann came through with the early fake punt and then the onside kick. And a lot of people were surprised that the Jets kept Hardee (Who is listed as a CB but only plays ST's) but he came through with the recovery.

Just an overall fun day. But lots of work to do. Cincy will be angry and Sauce will have his hands full next week with Chase. If we can somehow pull it off and get Wilson back for week 4 (against a very beatable Pitt team) things could start rolling a little bit.

Was very busy watching my Phins, re-watching the Jets comeback, surprised the end of the game isn't being pumped as much as the Phins on the morning shows. Very impressive to score a TD, get an onside kick and then do it again. I don't understand how anyone can blame Nick Chubb for that loss.

Great job taking a small sliver of hope and pulverizing on it, ripping out a victory you should have taken a loss in.
I'm sorry but that's when you know you have talent flowing into the team and they are finding their way.

The Jets are 1-1, they have a potential franchise QB returning shortly, lots of weapons for him to play with. The Defense is up and down but there is optimism for future weeks.
I still feel this morning that the Jets are a team people should be discussing. Bills-Phins-Jets and yes even the Pats won yesterday, the AFC East is a Beast right now.

Wilson-Moore-Berrios-C.Davis is a pretty strong 1-2-3-4 punch when they decide to go 4-Wide, one of them is drawing an iffy DB in 1 on 1 coverage, it's not that difficult to point and shoot for a lot of QBs, Flacco proves it.

Was very busy watching my Phins, re-watching the Jets comeback, surprised the end of the game isn't being pumped as much as the Phins on the morning shows. Very impressive to score a TD, get an onside kick and then do it again. I don't understand how anyone can blame Nick Chubb for that loss.

Great job taking a small sliver of hope and pulverizing on it, ripping out a victory you should have taken a loss in.
I'm sorry but that's when you know you have talent flowing into the team and they are finding their way.

The Jets are 1-1, they have a potential franchise QB returning shortly, lots of weapons for him to play with. The Defense is up and down but there is optimism for future weeks.
I still feel this morning that the Jets are a team people should be discussing. Bills-Phins-Jets and yes event he Pats won yesterday, the AFC East is a Beast right now.

Wilson-Moore-Berrios-C.Davis is a pretty strong 1-2-3-4 punch when they decide to go 4-Wide, one of them is drawing an iffy DB in 1 on 1 coverage, it's not that difficult to point and shoot for a lot of QBs, Flacco proves it.

I think there's a difference between blaming Chubb for the loss and acknowledging that had he just gone down in bounds after picking up that first down....they almost certainly win the game (although I'd argue that the chances of the Jets doing what they did after the TD aren't TOO much lower than the odds of Cleveland fumbling one of 3 kneel down snaps)

Going down was the heady play that (nearly) eliminates the <1% chance of the Jets coming back to win.

But yeah....at the end of the day, the D gave up a 66 yard busted coverage, the ST's unit gave up an onside kick (which is only like a 12% chance with the new rules) and then the D gave up another TD when the Jets had no TO's. He didn't LOSE the game....but he did fail to make the choice that would have eliminated nearly any doubt.

I still feel this morning that the Jets are a team people should be discussing. Bills-Phins-Jets and yes event he Pats won yesterday, the AFC East is a Beast right now.

I think there's a difference between blaming Chubb for the loss and acknowledging that had he just gone down in bounds after picking up that first down....they almost certainly win the game (although I'd argue that the chances of the Jets doing what they did after the TD aren't TOO much lower than the odds of Cleveland fumbling one of 3 kneel down snaps)

Going down was the heady play that (nearly) eliminates the <1% chance of the Jets coming back to win.

But yeah....at the end of the day, the D gave up a 66 yard busted coverage, the ST's unit gave up an onside kick (which is only like a 12% chance with the new rules) and then the D gave up another TD when the Jets had no TO's. He didn't LOSE the game....but he did fail to make the choice that would have eliminated nearly any doubt.
Opening kickoff by Duverney on the Ravens, 7-0 Baltimore before I could even get my 1st can of beer open. Miami special teams were also challenged early on in that football game.

I appreciate you breaking down the end of the game with Chubb and also his reaction afterwards. Reminds me that this falls under the same lane where I see folks talk about teams leaving too much time on the clock whee they are still trailing in the football game and haven't scored yet. I'll take a lead with 1:00 left on the clock every time, don't tell me about the opposing QB marching thru the defense at will magically. So to that, I say I'll take my chances up 2 TDs late in the football game.

You still have to go execute the comeback, all the talk should be on the Jets vs the 1 out of 100 chance that Chubb left.

Last edited:
seems like I may have been a little harsh on Sauce. By my eye, he was "in coverage" on most of Cooper's catches. But PFF only had him for 4 catches on 5 targets for 33 yards (including the TD)

Not to be the party pooper because I'm usually on the optimistic side of things, but if Hunt goes down instead of scoring, the pitchforks would have been out for Saleh. That decision to not call a timeout before the half was curious at best. Again with no pass rush. Our defense still seems sketchy.

It was an incredible finish. Feels great to win. Props to the team for not giving up. Lots of individual plays by several Jets were important in that comeback. I loved the locker-room reactions for a team constantly beat up by the media and fans.

Most importantly, Wilson looks like a future stud and Hall looked really good to me. His breakout is coming. It's an indescribable foreign feeling to actually have play-makers on offense. Let's hope that Z Wilson can be at least an average QB. Obviously we want more, but with these weapons, being decent might be enough. Now let's get a pass rush on Burrow. They've given up around 13 sacks in 2 weeks.

Not to be the party pooper because I'm usually on the optimistic side of things

Somebody's got to, because that was a whole lot of luck. It was really a stunning win, the ending of which would be being talked about way more if it weren't the Jets against another questionable club.

Chubb not going down? It's so odd to hear criticisms of him for not doing so. It's not like he hasn't before. He heard about this one. Check this out.

Not to be the party pooper because I'm usually on the optimistic side of things, but if Hunt goes down instead of scoring, the pitchforks would have been out for Saleh. That decision to not call a timeout before the half was curious at best. Again with no pass rush. Our defense still seems sketchy.

It was an incredible finish. Feels great to win. Props to the team for not giving up. Lots of individual plays by several Jets were important in that comeback. I loved the locker-room reactions for a team constantly beat up by the media and fans.

Most importantly, Wilson looks like a future stud and Hall looked really good to me. His breakout is coming. It's an indescribable foreign feeling to actually have play-makers on offense. Let's hope that Z Wilson can be at least an average QB. Obviously we want more, but with these weapons, being decent might be enough. Now let's get a pass rush on Burrow. They've given up around 13 sacks in 2 weeks.
I hear you but if the Titans hit that FG the Giants coach wouldnt have been as brilliant all week....Parcells wouldnt be a 2 time Super Bowl winner if Norwood hit that FG....if Atlanta didnt forget how to play football and time manage Brady would have one less Super Bowl....this crazy stuff happens all the time. ITs a great win and I dont care about the technicality that Chubb should have taken a knee.

I hear you but if the Titans hit that FG the Giants coach wouldnt have been as brilliant all week....Parcells wouldnt be a 2 time Super Bowl winner if Norwood hit that FG....if Atlanta didnt forget how to play football and time manage Brady would have one less Super Bowl....this crazy stuff happens all the time. ITs a great win and I dont care about the technicality that Chubb should have taken a knee.

Trust me, I was partying as much as anyone else and I hear you about crazy things happen...which they obviously do.

I think my point (I think, but who knows what I was thinking) was that we were on the brink of a mutiny through 58 minutes of that game. Maybe it becomes a magical turning point, but regardless, to me the most important factor was the play of Wilson and Hall. We can't count on magical moments to make up for the rest of the team/coaching.

My priorities the rest of the way are probably and not necessarily in order:

1) Z Wilson developing into something other than a bust. Average would be fine. Good to great would be a cherry on top.

2) G Wilson keeps getting open and dominating

3) The o-line gelling and finding some kind of good consistency. Plus AVT continuing to improve. Mitchell proving that he can be a starter.

4) Sauce and J Johnson developing

5) Breece Hall taking the next step and showing his impressive traits

6) This propaganda about having too many good d-linemen actually turning into some consistent pass rush. We'll start with any pass rush.

7) E Moore staying healthy and contributing more than so far

8) Ulbrich and Saleh show something making them worth keeping. I think MLF has already shown this, but just needs consistency (probably via his QB)

9) Winning a few games.

10) Our K and P playing well enough not to have to replace them again.

If several of these things happen, especially the first one, then next off-season we can improve at safety, center, tackle, and LB (easy upgrades except OT, but we can use our first round pick) and we'll be ready to be a consistent playoff contender.

Rough one. Cincy was a desperate team and they're simply more talented. Flacco just can't avoid any sort of rush and pretty sure McDermott just flat out whiffed on at least 2 blocks....leading to sacks. They shouldn't let that dude back on the plane (not that Fant was much better. The luster has fallen off that guy REAL quick)

I saw someone say this on twitter, and its absolutely true. They're using Moore completely wrong. He's not even close to a "run up the sidelines and win a jump ball" guy but I feel like that's what they're doing on like 75% of his targets. Is it REALLY that hard to get the guy in the slot and use motion/"pick plays" to get him open over the middle? Every other freaking team in the NFL knows how to do it....yet we're throwing 50/50 balls to a 5'9 dude. Its embarrassing.

Some more flashes from Hall....but again, at least one drop. He's really inconsistent as a receiver. Makes it look so natural at times but then just flat out drops one.

Another TD as a result of miscommunication at the back. I wonder if Sauce is freelancing too much and not following the game plan...leaving his safeties to shoulder the blame. Even though they haven't technically been HIS touchdowns (based on PFF)....they always seem to be to his side of the field.

Pass rush still can't get anyone on the ground. Lawson has basically been invisible. I get that he's coming back from a major injury, but this is what I was worried about. He was never a big time sack guy in Cincy and then he spent all last summer dominating an out of shape Becton. Now he's a year older with a rebuilt Achilles and he doesn't seem to have any moves to get by his guy. Speed move, gets stuffed....never gets to the QB. This defense is still TERRIBLE despite a lot of investment (FA and draft picks) and a defensive minded coach. Statistically, they're worse than when Gase was here.

Hopefully Wilson coming back next week gives the offensive a spark and some more flexibility. But if he's the same guy who can't make 8 yard throws that he was last year, its going to get ugly.

Hopefully Wilson gives us a reason to watch the rest of this season. I really don’t think I can take part in another “do over” next off-season whether it’s with this staff or a whole new one.
Red Zone is too much fun to watch to waste that, because I “have to” watch the Jets debacles.

I was at that debacle - few observations

Team came out completely flat without any carryover from the "miracle" win

Very tough to judge the offense with Flacco and that patchwork OL - brutal to watch...praying ZW and his mobility helps. Agree with the use of Moore...way too many jump balls. They should be putting up way more points wit that talent even with the QB/OL issues - Im reserving tho

Defense - I am not reserving - its a mess. Constant blown assignments, stupid penalties, constant 3rd down conversions as nauseaum, no discipline, no pass rush and just mind numbing stupid rotation on the DL.

ST - may have found a kicker in Z -

Coaching - What a difference a week makes. Saleh showed leadership last week - he was exposed on that and everything else this week. I havent seen anything to lead me to believe Saleh is the guy. Im giving him a pass on the O but he is supposed to be a defensive specialist. The D is putrid and its unacceptable. Defensive players are already complaining and thats an issue. Why the heck is he rotating the DL so much - Q is out on big plays and sub par lineman like Shepard are in way too much. This is needs to be fixed ASAP and I am judging Saleh on the D.

I still say there is enough talent here to be more competitive - watching Detroit, Jaguars, Giants and other bottom dwellers fight to the end and improve is depressing while outside of a miracle 3 minute collapse in Cleveland. I know ZW is likely going to be rusty so im not going to be harshly judging the O vs Pitt but the Jets D better be much improved against a very shaky Pitt O next week

constant 3rd down conversions as nauseaum,
It was incredible how they could never get off the field on 3rd downs - and it always seems like the target was wide open for an easy conversion. The one time they make a big play Franklin-Meyers can't be smart enough to pull up and gets a dumb penalty to keep the Bengals drive going. It's not a stacked defense by any means but there should be enough talent that it's not this easy.

Yeah, I've had enough with the D-line rotation. I get the analytics behind having fresh guys late in the game. But if that means you NEVER get off the field on 3rd down in the first 3 quarters....who the hell cares what happens in the 4th. If you're constantly down double digits going into the 4th, it doesn't matter if you're fresh.

John franklin Meyers played 35 snaps yesterday. His cap # is over $12M

Q Williams played 46 snaps (68%) Aaron Donald played 80 (96%)

Nobody is Aaron Donald (guy is a freak athlete with incredible stamina) but there's simply no way to justify that sort of gap. Even 6-7 additional plays could be the difference and they're sitting him.

Yeah, I've had enough with the D-line rotation. I get the analytics behind having fresh guys late in the game. But if that means you NEVER get off the field on 3rd down in the first 3 quarters....who the hell cares what happens in the 4th. If you're constantly down double digits going into the 4th, it doesn't matter if you're fresh.

Nobody is Aaron Donald (guy is a freak athlete with incredible stamina) but there's simply no way to justify that sort of gap. Even 6-7 additional plays could be the difference and they're sitting him.
can I triple like? If this continues one more week it should be a terminable offense. This is unacceptable

can I triple like? If this continues one more week it should be a terminable offense. This is unacceptable

It really is just absurd. There's no tangible reward for 60 minutes worth of "pressures" if you never get the guy on the ground or otherwise disrupt plays in a game-breaking way. I promise Joe Burrow isn't sitting around this morning thinking "man...they ALMOST got me 12 times yesterday". All he knows is that they DIDN'T get him and he threw for 275 and 3 and an easy win.

If you have an elite player (And Q is pretty damn close) you play him as much as you can until his "tired" performance is less than the guys that would be replacing him.

If that's only 46 snaps, he needs to get in better shape....or be paid like a part time player.

Users who are viewing this thread