What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022: Which NFL franchise is currently the most dysfunctional? (1 Viewer)

Which NFL Team gets your vote as the #4 dysfunctional organization?

• Houston Texans

Votes: 21 7.9%
  • New York Jets

Votes: 24 9.0%
  • Washington Commanders

Votes: 53 19.9%
  • Detroit Lions

Votes: 18 6.7%
  • Jacksonville Jaguars

Votes: 21 7.9%
  • Miami Dolphins

Votes: 13 4.9%
  • New York Giants

Votes: 16 6.0%
  • Indianapolis Colts

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • Chicago Bears

Votes: 38 14.2%
  • Dallas Cowboys

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • Cleveland Browns

Votes: 33 12.4%
  • Other Team (please post which team)

Votes: 14 5.2%

• Total voters
Tony Khan @TonyKhan

Thanks to our great fans, great ratings + a great card of matches set for Wednesday Night Dynamite, @TBSNetwork granted us an overrun for #AEWDynamite  tomorrow! It may just be a few minutes, but whatever happens there’s a chance we’ll run past 10pm ET/9pm CT tomorrow on Dynamite!
https://twitter.com/tonykhan/status/1513981999391940611?s=21

Chad Forbes @NFLDraftBites

Jaguars Chief Strategy Officer working hard on Draft Prep
https://twitter.com/nfldraftbites/status/1513983366302998530?s=21

Commanders might be setting a new bar for dysfunction the last six months.
At some point maybe it's the other 31 owners and the commish that are dysfunctional because the continue to let it happen. I can't imagine a WAS season ticket holder willing to re-up after the latest scandal. They may as well have renamed the team the Washington Generals if they let this type of "leadership" continue. At this point the league is letting Snyder kill one of the better football markets.

Snyder seems to be functioning just fine. He's doing whatever he wants and hasn't really felt any ramifications at all. Well, I guess he didn't get to run his own investigation on himself. The league really stood firm on that one.

At some point maybe it's the other 31 owners and the commish that are dysfunctional because the continue to let it happen. I can't imagine a WAS season ticket holder willing to re-up after the latest scandal. They may as well have renamed the team the Washington Generals if they let this type of "leadership" continue. At this point the league is letting Snyder kill one of the better football markets.

Snyder seems to be functioning just fine. He's doing whatever he wants and hasn't really felt any ramifications at all. Well, I guess he didn't get to run his own investigation on himself. The league really stood firm on that one.

I don’t know how to say this politely but you’re pretty much wrong about everything you just wrote. (I’m not a fan of the Commodores.)

I don’t know how to say this politely but you’re pretty much wrong about everything you just wrote. (I’m not a fan of the Commodores.)
I don't know, I kind of agree with what he is saying. Snyder can do all sorts of bad things, but if he suffers no consequences for those bad things, he really doesn't have a problem and has no incentive to stop doing them. The NFL has to make Snyder have a problem by giving him some consequences for his actions.

I don't know, I kind of agree with what he is saying. Snyder can do all sorts of bad things, but if he suffers no consequences for those bad things, he really doesn't have a problem and has no incentive to stop doing them. The NFL has to make Snyder have a problem by giving him some consequences for his actions.
-He got fined 10 million dollars.
-His wife had to take control of the team (yes we all know he was still running things behind the scenes).
-Goodell said he will require twice-yearly reporting between now until July 31, 2023

-They aren’t “letting him kill one of the better football markets”.

They want him gone but they can’t just dismiss him. I’m sure he has dirt on them so they have to be careful. 

Last edited by a moderator:
dhockster said:
I honestly thought he was being facetious with his "I'm not a fan" remark at the end.

In the same vein, I'm not a fan of the la lakers so I'd love to see LeBron James get a lifetime contract as a player/GM and a lifetime contract for Russell Westbrook to be a player/coach. I'm also not a fan of the broncos but I think it would be a great idea for elway to "fix" the franchise.

An NFL owner "got fined 10 million dollars and his wife 'runs' the team"..... JFC. I still hope for his sake he's being facetious with this shtick.

Kind of surprised there hasn't been muck discussion here since the draft.

I'm not a Bears fan, but I am a fan of Fields and was hoping the best for him when he got drafted there. CHI did very well to add this season to support him at all. Are they just positioning themselves for a high pick for a QB in 2023 in a stronger draft? 

Tampa Bay Times' Rick Stroud reports that former Jacksonville K Josh Lambo is suing the Jaguars for creating a hostile work environment. 

Lambo is seeking his $3.5 million salary for 2021 and damages for emotional distress. He alleged that Meyer kicked him in the leg in December. Jaguars fans should also share in any emotional distress award after Meyer's tire fire of a tenure. "Since Lambo reported the incident to the Jaguars’ legal counsel, his subsequent release violated Florida’s Private Sector Whistle Blower’s Act, the lawsuit claims." The Jaguars will likely argue that any argument should be dealt with by the NFL's collective bargaining agreement, per Mike Florio. 

RELATED: 

Jacksonville Jaguars

SOURCE: Rick Stroud on Twitter

May 10, 2022, 5:43 PM ET

USA Today's Jarrett Bell reports NFL owners are "counting votes" on potentially removing Commanders owner Dan Snyder.

Bell's source is an anonymous NFL owner. By "counting votes", the owner is alluding to the fact that 24 franchises would need to vote Snyder out, and the cohort that wants him gone is seeing if they have the numbers necessary to make it happen. An official vote has yet to occur. The move stems from an ongoing investigation into the Commanders that alleges they cheated other teams out of ticket revenue which is shared amongst the franchises. The allegation adds that the team withheld as much as $5 million in refundable deposits from season ticket holders. Washington has also been investigated for fostering a culture of sexual harassment. Snyder's reign as the Commanders' owner has been marred by an unending series of scandals. His mismanagement of the team may finally come to an end if the rest of the league has had enough. Snyder would be forced to sell the franchise if he is successfully voted out.

SOURCE: USA Today

May 21, 2022, 8:05 PM ET

The Cleveland Plain Dealer’s Terry Pluto believes teams have been reluctant to trade with the Browns after they fully guaranteed Deshaun Watson’s contract.

The Watson deal, which makes him the second-highest paid quarterback and first in terms of guarantees, raises the bar for upcoming Justin Herbert and Lamar Jackson extensions. Breaking that precedent with Watson, who has ongoing lawsuits, is a year removed from playing and facing a suspension, has impacted the trade market for Baker Mayfield, according to Pluto, who suggests teams are unwilling to help the Browns. The Panthers cut off Mayfield talks over money, while Seattle and other teams have been content to wait out the Browns.

RELATED: 

Baker Mayfield

SOURCE: Cleveland Plain Dealer

May 28, 2022, 11:29 AM ET

Browns have become the bottom feeding lowest class organization in sports. Not only because of Watson but how they treated Baker. And I can't stand Baker.

irish eyes said:
Browns have become the bottom feeding lowest class organization in sports. Not only because of Watson but how they treated Baker. And I can't stand Baker.

How did they treat Baker?

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Chargers owner Dean Spanos has been sued by his sister Dea Spanos Berberian for alleged misogynistic behavior and repeated breaches of fiduciary duty.

This was originally brought up in early April, with Dean Spanos at the time releasing a statement with his two other siblings that said: "For the three of us, the Chargers is one of our family’s most important legacies, just as it was for our parents. Unfortunately, our sister Dea seems to have a different and misguided personal agenda." The Chargers owners have frequently had financial issues as compared to most other NFL owners. This lawsuit could be a legitimate threat to unseat Spanos, which would put the future of the Chargers in some question. Berberian is seeking sole control of the Chargers in the lawsuit.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Jun 10, 2022, 2:22 PM ET

Yeah, the NFL should start an investigation. And maybe have a ruling sometime before roger goodell's grandkids join AARP.

The NFL is lucky everyone is so cool paying this guy close to $100 MILLION to sit on his couch for two years(?) to "PUNISH" him for what he's done. Otherwise, Watson would have the biggest lawsuit in the history of sports against the NFL. As things stand how can Watson complain about this is all being handled? And I GUESS this is a good look for the NFL?! I'm sure there are a lot of player putting in a lot of work and enduring a lot of injuries just WISHING they could get punished by the NFL like this.

Just another example of everyone patting goodell on the back for how well he handles these things.

For once the Lions are not near the top of this list.  :thumbup:

It sad to see a category the Lions dominated for so long go away.  The Lions were really an NFL dynasty for many decades when it came to poor management.   Damn you Sheila.  It is kind of funny she removed Ford from her name.  

The Texans have settled claims with 30 women who alleged "individuals within the Texans organization knew or should have known of Deshaun Watson's conduct."

The settlements were confirmed by attorney Tony Buzbee, who has represented people alleging sexual assault and misconduct against Watson, who was trade from Houston to Cleveland this offseason. The lawsuit claimed the Texans enabled Watson's alleged behavior by providing "rooms set up for him at the Houstonian Hotel, massage tables provided to him for private massage sessions, and an NDA provided to him from the head of Texans' security." Settling the lawsuits against team could allow the Texans to move on from the nightmarish Watson era. 

RELATED: 

Houston Texans

SOURCE: KPRC2 on Twitter

Jul 15, 2022, 12:52 PM ET

Hey, but at least the 'skins changed their un-woke name to the commodores or whatever it is.  I mean thats the most important thing here.

Now the mascot options. WAS has taken a commanding lead in being horrible. Dysfunctional owner, front office, stadium, advertising, merchandising, and they are going backwards on the field. 14 first half points in 3 games. 0 in the last 2 games. There is no saving this franchise for 5-10 years. They need a stadium not in the ****tiest part of town, a new owner, a new personnel dept, a new front office, a completely new coaching staff, and about 40 new players.

Users who are viewing this thread