What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020: Which NFL franchise is currently the most dysfunctional? (1 Viewer)

Assuming the Browns are #1 - which NFL team is the next most dysfunctional?

• Washington Football Team

Votes: 77 34.2%
  • New York Jets

Votes: 59 26.2%
  • Detroit Lions

Votes: 22 9.8%
  • Cincinnati Bengals

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • Miami Dolphins

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Jacksonville Jaguars

Votes: 14 6.2%
  • Buffalo Bills

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chicago Bears

Votes: 9 4.0%
  • Las Vegas Raiders

• Indianapolis Colts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arizona Cardinals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Los Angeles Chargers

• New York Giants

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Dallas Cowboys

Votes: 17 7.6%
  • Other Teams (please feel free to post which team)

Votes: 5 2.2%

• Total voters
Right now the LA Rams are in a little bit of turbulent water. Let's see what happens with SoFi financing, the lawsuits in St. Louis, their salary cap, etc.  I wonder how, with an eight billion dollar project that they're not leveraged and hurting, but I also don't know a ton about that stuff, so it's really speculation. I'm just wondering why the weren't very forthcoming with player salaries recently.

rockaction said:
Right now the LA Rams are in a little bit of turbulent water. Let's see what happens with SoFi financing, the lawsuits in St. Louis, their salary cap, etc.  I wonder how, with an eight billion dollar project that they're not leveraged and hurting, but I also don't know a ton about that stuff, so it's really speculation. I'm just wondering why the weren't very forthcoming with player salaries recently.
Rams ask NFL for additional $500M in stadium financing amid concerns about 2020 revenue, per report

Whicker: Will SoFi Stadium be The Last Manse in sports?

Rams GM explains why team hasn't paid Todd Gurley and Clay Matthews their money yet

So a few less billion than eight. An original tag of 2.2 billion dollars with a cost overrun towards more like 5-6 billion, per the first article.

Makes more sense on the Gurley and Matthews front. Time value of money and all of that.

This has to be the jets until it's not anymore.....at least these other teams have a shot to win games

This has to be the jets until it's not anymore.....at least these other teams have a shot to win games
feel like I've typed this a few times...

The New York Jets are 7-9 in the last 16 games

The Detroit Lions are 2-14.

Patricia has lost 12/13.

They have blown a double digit lead six consecutive games, an NFL record. The old record was three.

Shawtup Gang Green. You have a Super Bowl win. Try being the only franchise which has existed through the entire Super Bowl era and never having gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
feel like I've typed this a few times...

The New York Jets are 7-9 in the last 16 games

The Detroit Lions are 2-14.

Patricia has lost 12/13.

They have blown a double digit lead six consecutive games, an NFL record. The old record was three.

Shawtup Gang Green. You have a Super Bowl win. Try being the only franchise which has existed through the entire Super Bowl and never having gone.
you make a good case for Detroit.

You have got to admit that Houston is looking much better than a week ago, after firing OBrien, but they are still right at the top of this list. Jets/Texans 1a/1b.

I know this is an old poll but there’s still only one team that was in existence when the Super Bowl began which has never made it. One ☝🏻 (1) Conference Championship Game, blowout loss. No division titles in 26 years.

They’ve got a franchise QB any other organization would have leveraged into a decade of excellence. Matthew Stafford has played with a 100 yard rusher 11 times in 12 years (9-2 when it happens.) Two 2nd rounders spent at RB the last 3 seasons, when most teams unearth the same quality at the position with a 3rd, 4th or UDFA. Not to mention a 1st before that who couldn’t stay healthy - and that was known before they drafted Best.

They spent 4 #1 picks in 5 years at WR before they got it right. They wasted three top 20 picks on TE - nobody else has EVER squandered so much on the position - until they landed the underutilized Hockenson.

The Fords bought the team at 11am on 11/22/1963. JFK was shot ninety minutes later. In the 101 seasons the NFL has been around, the only player to ever die on the field was a Detroit Lion. Ten years ago the refs screwed us out of a game winning TD in which a man caught a ball with two hands, two feet, a knee, & hip down THEN palmed the ball before they ruled he didn’t “complete the process.” Took the league 8 years to admit that rule needed to be rewritten.

How the #### anybody can look at that body of work and deem them the fourth most dysfunctional NFL franchise is beyond comprehension.

When asked again if he would relinquish play-calling duties, Jets coach Adam Gase responded that's "step 10" and the Jets are currently "on step 2."

"We've got a bunch of issues to sort through on offense and we're on step 2," Gase responded when asked if he'd relinquish play-calling duties for the second consecutive week. "[The play-calling] is step 10." The Jets, currently 0-6 with no hope in sight, have yet to cover a single game while ranking stone last in point differential (-110) through six weeks. The team has also exceeded 17 points only once this year and most recently totaled two passing yards in the second and third quarters against the Dolphins. Gase's tenure with the Jets will undoubtedly be remembered as the worst coaching stint in league history whether it ends this week or at the end of the year.

SOURCE: Rich Cimini on Twitter

Oct 19, 2020, 2:31 PM ET

I love hearing about Caldwell and he was a very good person. But he was handed one of the softest schedules in NFL history when he went 11-5 with the Lions. I'm not saying Patricia is better by any means but Caldwell almost never won against teams with a winning record. On paper, his record as Lions coach looks impressive: 36–28 (.563). But the reality is that he only averaged 1 quality win a year. If you were a team that finished the season with a winning record and you played the Lions, chances are you won almost 95% of the time. 

When asked if there's confidence in coach Mike McCarthy returning in 2021, Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones responded "absolutely" and "unequivocal."

The fact anyone is asking the question tells you exactly how Dallas' season is going. The Cowboys lost its heartbeat, Dak Prescott, in Week 5 and have since averaged 10.2 points per game with Andy Dalton, Ben DiNucci, and Garrett Gilbert under center. Even so, Dallas (2-7) remains just two games back from the Eagles (3-4-1) for the division lead despite having the league's second-lowest point differential (-86) behind the Jets (-144). McCarthy should certainly shoulder some of the blame, but the issues with this organization still start at the very top.

SOURCE: Michael Gehlken on Twitter

Nov 9, 2020, 3:30 PM ET

I voted for Washington and i did it for a longer period of time than just 2020. 

It's a real shame how far that franchise has fallen, I actually finally feel bad for that fan base, my first SB was Riggins running us over and so I always disliked them but over the last 10-20 years, enough is enough and those are distant memories these days,, I'd like to see the team return to respectability. 

The Jets are certainly on a short list here. 

Users who are viewing this thread